Srixon Z Star XV for $17/doz at Wal-Mart (YMMV)

pseudoswede

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went to a local Walmart that had them listed for $25 and asked a manager just for grins if they were about to be marked down further. Took them back to take a look, came back a few minutes later and told me “$7” took all 3. He said I was helping him out because that was 3 fewer items he needed to detach with the lower price. They had a bunch of Rocketballz Urethane there too and I told him I would take a bunch of those too if they were about to be marked down, but I felt like I had already taken too much of his time so let those go. But I will probably keep checking back because there was probably a good 10+ dozen there.

Somebody in the Twin Cities area eviscerted my stash! I saw that my local Walmart dropped the price to $7/dozen. Of course, they refused to price match my 10 dozen so I took the gamble of returning them and tried to rebuy. Again, of course, they wouldn't do it and said I had to come back the next day. Luckily, they had 5 dozen at $7 and I snagged those. Flash forward to this morning and, of course, the 10 dozen were already sold (last night if Brickseek was accurate). Oh well, at $17 it was a luke warm deal but $7 is insane!

P.S. whoever you are, you even took the 3 dozen $7 RBZ Urethene... I wish you nothing but slices, shanks and skulls! OK, not really.

Just picked up 5 dozen 2013 ZStars at the Saint Paul University location today. The clearance tag was marked as the XV so it was a pleasant surprise (keep in mind that the inventory is managed by minimum wage employees so UPC mistakes are probably not uncommon).

As for the people questioning Brickseek, they likely are getting the data from a public API for Walmart's inventory system. Now I am not sure how often Brickseek makes calls to the API for updates, but it is going to be accurate based on what Walmart's system shows. Any issues are likely due to:

-Timing issue with Brickseek updates

-Store employees lagging on pricing updates

-Missing inventory due to theft

Somebody in the Twin Cities area eviscerted my stash! I saw that my local Walmart dropped the price to $7/dozen. Of course, they refused to price match my 10 dozen so I took the gamble of returning them and tried to rebuy. Again, of course, they wouldn't do it and said I had to come back the next day. Luckily, they had 5 dozen at $7 and I snagged those. Flash forward to this morning and, of course, the 10 dozen were already sold (last night if Brickseek was accurate). Oh well, at $17 it was a luke warm deal but $7 is insane!

P.S. whoever you are, you even took the 3 dozen $7 RBZ Urethene... I wish you nothing but slices, shanks and skulls! OK, not really.

Just picked up 5 dozen 2013 ZStars at the Saint Paul University location today. The clearance tag was marked as the XV so it was a pleasant surprise (keep in mind that the inventory is managed by minimum wage employees so UPC mistakes are probably not uncommon).

As for the people questioning Brickseek, they likely are getting the data from a public API for Walmart's inventory system. Now I am not sure how often Brickseek makes calls to the API for updates, but it is going to be accurate based on what Walmart's system shows. Any issues are likely due to:

LOL, you son of a b... (just kidding). I was going to pick those up when my daughters went down for their nap. Checked back an hour ago and you snagged them.

Callaway Mavrik 9* w/ Aldila ROGUE White 130 M.S.I. 60
Callaway Mavrik 3 wood w/ Aldila ROGUE White 130 M.S.I. 70
Callaway Mavrik 3 hybrid w/ Project X Catalyst 75
PXG Gen 1 0311X 4 iron w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80
PXG Gen 5 0311 XP 5-7 w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

PXG Gen 5 0311 XP 8-GW w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

PXG Gen 2 0311 Forged 54 w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

PXG Gen 2 0311 Forged 60 w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

Titleist Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2 

LOL, you son of a b... (just kidding). I was going to pick those up when my daughters went down for their nap. Checked back an hour ago and you snagged them.

To my credit I did leave the RBZ Urethanes for you ;)

To my credit I did leave the RBZ Urethanes for you ;)

Better than the last guy! Seriously, dude or dudette bought 13 dozen balls! All I wanted was... Well, 18 dozen, I guess. Nevermind, carry on.

I procured my 5 dozen. I’m ok with that... Until Brooklyn Park hits $7/dozen, that is.

Where were they? I went to that location after I left the high school hockey tournament last night. Couldn't find them. Also went to the Lakeville location because I live down that way and brickseek says they have some. Couldn't find them at that one either.

Where were they? I went to that location after I left the high school hockey tournament last night. Couldn't find them. Also went to the Lakeville location because I live down that way and brickseek says they have some. Couldn't find them at that one either.

Seriously, who snagged my 10 dozen from Blaine (Ulysses)?!?

Going forward, how many MN WRX’ers am I competing against?

In Saint Paul they were on a mid isle table in the sporting good section with a bunch of other clearance stuff (they also had another clearance section on the back wall of the sporting section as well as the normal general clearance section near the front of the store). I missed it the first time but ended spotting them on the way out.

33 dozen, if I counted, correct?!? Why?

Maybe, you could sell them at a small mom and pop shop for $15-20 each, I guess.

I have a SkyTrak with TGC so I damage a lot of balls. That was the reason I wanted 10 dozen (3-4 for the garage and the rest for the course). However, that there is just greedy.

Yeah, its like what's the point. I snagged 5 dozen and let a friend snag 3 but after that the next deal will come along and I'll buy those. Don't like to hoard too much because there's always the next deal. I will say this though, this 2013 ball is better than the current version and the 2017. The main issue I have is the noticeable seam but its really not a problem. The ball is softer than the current version off the putter but still flies and spins fantastic. I can see what they have tried to do with durability and the newer versions are more durable but its at the cost of feel. I played both side by side today and I am hands down more impressed with the old version. Then you throw in they are $7....

Serious question: if that person were playing them, how long would it take you to use 33 dozen? Even if you’re awful and lose 6 per round, that’d be a few seasons. I’d say I lose 1-2, so they’d last 5-10 years of 20+ rounds.

I’ve been playing the Maxfli U/6 Tour Soft for the past two years. For the most part, I can make an lower compression, urethane ball work.

I play the XV and love it. Best all around performance for me and with Srixon doing the performance packs in spring it's a no brainer. I just grabbed 9 dozen of the 2019 ball so i'm good for the year.

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

Walmart here in Tampa shows 6 boxes in stock, just went at lunch and they couldn't find em anywhere. Wasn't a complete waste of a trip though, in the clearance section I picked up 3 dozen Strata Smash's for the wife and 7 TM burner gloves in my size, all for less than $30 out the door. Gloves will be perfect for practice so I don't keep destroying my nicer gloves.

Maybe, you could sell them at a small mom and pop shop for $15-20 each, I guess.

I have a SkyTrak with TGC so I damage a lot of balls. That was the reason I wanted 10 dozen (3-4 for the garage and the rest for the course). However, that there is just greedy.

I snagged about 5 dozen Z stars all at $7 dollars a piece,3 dozen RBZ Urethane at $5 dollars apiece, and 5 TM burner gloves at 3.50. To your point about why snag 33 dozen, to be honest if he is a golfer and will play them or give them to his golfing buddies I am all for it. The problem in todays day and age is there are guys out there who just flip this stuff and hoard the stashes. While searching for this deal at my local wally worlds there are guys in the clearance rack scanning bar codes to see how much stuff sells for on ebay and it pisses me off. Some guy had two carts full of some large LOL girl kid toys for the sole reason of flipping, I look at that as greedy. Same goes for the Burlington deals, I asked the manager if they ever get golf shoes and He said they set aside for a guy who buys them all no matter size or style, it absolutely infuriates me.

I snagged about 5 dozen Z stars all at $7 dollars a piece,3 dozen RBZ Urethane at $5 dollars apiece, and 5 TM burner gloves at 3.50. To your point about why snag 33 dozen, to be honest if he is a golfer and will play them or give them to his golfing buddies I am all for it. The problem in todays day and age is there are guys out there who just flip this stuff and hoard the stashes. While searching for this deal at my local wally worlds there are guys in the clearance rack scanning bar codes to see how much stuff sells for on ebay and it pisses me off. Some guy had two carts full of some large LOL girl kid toys for the sole reason of flipping, I look at that as greedy. Same goes for the Burlington deals, I asked the manager if they ever get golf shoes and He said they set aside for a guy who buys them all no matter size or style, it absolutely infuriates me.

I would report that manager to corporate, pretty sure he can't make that decision.

I would report that manager to corporate, pretty sure he can't make that decision.

Why wouldn’t he be able to make that decision? His store gets a bulk purchase of an item that the manager doesn’t have to worry about staff pricing them and putting them out. More importantly staff pricing them incorrectly. They get their money up front instead of the items sitting on the shelf and taking up space and losing money for every day they are on the shelf without being purchased. Corporate would likely applaud that since he’s cutting his overhead while at the same time recouping what they wanted in the shoes upfront in the first place. They also have less prevalence for theft doing it this way. Do I like it? No. But is it smart business in the stores part? Of course it is.

Why wouldn't he be able to make that decision? His store gets a bulk purchase of an item that the manager doesn't have to worry about staff pricing them and putting them out. More importantly staff pricing them incorrectly. They get their money up front instead of the items sitting on the shelf and taking up space and losing money for every day they are on the shelf without being purchased. Corporate would likely applaud that since he's cutting his overhead while at the same time recouping what they wanted in the shoes upfront in the first place. They also have less prevalence for theft doing it this way. Do I like it? No. But is it smart business in the stores part? Of course it is.

Not really worth my time, as I only want to buy one pair of shoes once a year. Yeah I think corporate would love these deals, they get there full margin and don't have to do any of the work. It infuriates me but I think it will fall on deaf ears, I am sure the guy is probably even throwing a few bucks the managers way.

From a Facebook group....this guy REALLY cleaned out the WMs in his area!

LOL!!!

dude, is this Facebook guy crazy?

I had 3 dozen and during 9 hole practice rounds if my ball went anywhere near missing, I would just drop a new one with out a thought.. Yes, I was living like a rapper.

This face book guy probably doesn't even search for his ball and drops a new one if he misses the fairway.

Why wouldn't he be able to make that decision? His store gets a bulk purchase of an item that the manager doesn't have to worry about staff pricing them and putting them out. More importantly staff pricing them incorrectly. They get their money up front instead of the items sitting on the shelf and taking up space and losing money for every day they are on the shelf without being purchased. Corporate would likely applaud that since he's cutting his overhead while at the same time recouping what they wanted in the shoes upfront in the first place. They also have less prevalence for theft doing it this way. Do I like it? No. But is it smart business in the stores part? Of course it is.

Not really worth my time, as I only want to buy one pair of shoes once a year. Yeah I think corporate would love these deals, they get there full margin and don't have to do any of the work. It infuriates me but I think it will fall on deaf ears, I am sure the guy is probably even throwing a few bucks the managers way.

Right, like I said I don’t like it but the store/corporate would be stupid to not take this deal 10 times out of 10.