USPS taking longer to deliver than usual?

dgmusae

Ugh, a club I sold on eBay, going a grand total of 130 miles from PA to WV, is now stuck in the "In transit to the next facility" status.

Hopefully the buyer doesn't put this on me.

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5 deg.

Callaway Rogue ST Max 3L

Srixon ZX 3 hybrid

Ping S55 irons

Ping Glide 3.0 54 & 60 deg.

Bettinardi BB-1W

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about posting the tracking number and copy of the actual info on some of these. It's easy to jump on the me too USPS sucks posting and I'm retired now so no big deal to me but I think USPS still delivers pretty quickly most of the time. I sent or received 30 packages in the last 60 days on several different companies. USPS had 1 late and 1 left in the wrong parcel locker. UPS didn't deliver at all one day due to about an inch and a half of snow, that same day USPS left 2 packages about the normal delivery time. Fedex left a package on a neighbors porch even though my address is on the house in 3 separate places None of them are perfect. This week, I had an eBay purchase that was shipped for delivery on Saturday but it got delivered on Friday instead. The clock starts on any of these when it is scanned accepted. Many shippers print a label and don't drop their packages with the company immediately. Some parts of the country are better than others. Most of them rely on contract transportation to move product from point A to B.

Here's a link to my tracking. Item should have arrived by the 11th.

0xZnH8k.png

h5yS0ud.png

Edit: the item was shipped through priority mail.

Stealth 2+ 10.5 - Ventus Black 6X

Cobra Aerojet LS 14.5 - Kaili Blue 70 TX
PXG 0311X Gen 4 - Ventus HB 10TX

PXG 0311P Gen 3- 4 iron - HZRDUS Red 105 X
PXG 0311P Gen 3 - 5 to PW - Nippon 125 X
Vokey SM9 Raw - 50F

Vokey SM9 Raw - 54S

Vokey Raw - 60K Low Bounce

Scotty Cameron X5R Flow Neck Torched Finish

Bought a shirt off eBay from a guy 100 miles away, he used priority mail. It tracks it to the distribution center then I get the “your package is late but on its way.” This goes on for 14 days and absolutely no movement at all on tracking. He refunds my money and files a claim with usps. About 20 days after I bought it it magically shows up, yet tracking to this day still says it’s in transit

Same here, got my package today.

Titleist TSR 3 9.0 Ventus TR Black 6S
Titleist TSI 3 15 Ventus Velocore black 7S
Titleist TSI 19 Ventus Velocore 85X
Titleist T100s 5-P Modus 105
Tileist T100s 49 SM8 5812
2020 Scotty Cameron NP2 LaGolf

2022 Scotty Cameron X 7.5 Stability Tour
Titleist Pro V1X
Dos Equis Lager
Balls deep, Boom

Here's a link to my tracking. Item should have arrived by the 11th.

0xZnH8k.png

Did this one get delivered? It is late but wasn’t due on the 11th. USPS did not get it until the 10th. This one is an example of a company printing a label but not giving it to USPS until 2 days after label was printed.

h5yS0ud.png

Edit: the item was shipped through priority mail.

Ok, looks like it might be an issue at Niagara Falls? Mine is going to the same area but I have a different delay. Looks like it delivered but awaiting delivery scan? Anyone seen this before? I’m not worried as I was told the mail carrier might’ve just forgotten to scan it. And I can’t confirm delivery as the buyer lives in Canada and won’t be back for a few weeks to his US address.

Ok, looks like it might be an issue at Niagara Falls? Mine is going to the same area but I have a different delay. Looks like it delivered but awaiting delivery scan? Anyone seen this before? I’m not worried as I was told the mail carrier might’ve just forgotten to scan it. And I can’t confirm delivery as the buyer lives in Canada and won’t be back for a few weeks to his US address.

If they have their mail in hold until they return the proper scan USPS should have made is attempted delivery and a delivered scan when they pick up their mail. I suspect it’s very likely the carrier did not properly scan it and it is being held with vacation hold mail. Most scanning mistakes are made at the point of delivery. The supervisor is supposed to look at scanning exceptions daily and take action as needed with the carriers not doing it properly. As with many things these days, the kindler and gentler management style means this probably doesn’t happen very often.

• 1 month later...

USPS for me is usually really good, however my last 3 inbound and 2 outbound packages have taken forever to get where they are going, at a minimum 2-3 days after they were suppose to be delivered. Might as well ship ups

Srixon Z565, Miyazaki Kaula Kori 6x
Cobra F9 Aldila Tour Blue 75x
Cobra F7 19* and 23* hybrids
Cobra Amp Forged 5-PW KBS Tour S+
Vokey SM6 50F, 54F, 58M
Spider Tour Red

USPS is terrible IMO! If I want to mail a letter to my next door neighbor it has to go 100 miles north first!

However, never has anything if recieved or shipped out been damged or lost...so that's pretty good. As far as delays and such, the package pretty much always arrives a day AFTER the expected delivery date.

USPS is terrible IMO! If I want to mail a letter to my next door neighbor it has to go 100 miles north first!

However, never has anything if recieved or shipped out been damged or lost...so that's pretty good. As far as delays and such, the package pretty much always arrives a day AFTER the expected delivery date.

Mail a letter to your neighbor? Does it get delivered the next day? Got any scans from the last time you had a late parcel delivery? What zip code are you in? When I hear “always†from a disgruntled USPS customer I tend to think they are just piling on with let’s hate the USPS posts. I’m retired now but might be able to shed some light on delays if you like.

Mail a letter to your neighbor? Does it get delivered the next day? Got any scans from the last time you had a late parcel delivery? What zip code are you in? When I hear “always†from a disgruntled USPS customer I tend to think they are just piling on with let’s hate the USPS posts. I’m retired now but might be able to shed some light on delays if you like.

Yeah man...sorry to pile on and bash...was not my intention...just wanted to share some of my "concerns" with USPS.

I live in central Texas...ANY envelope we mail goes to a Dallas/Ft. Worth area hub before it gets routed to it's destination...even if it just going next door. Same applies if it's going south...if I mail something to my son at Texas A&M (75 miles south) it will first go to the DFW hub (100 miles north).

Thanks for offering your help but like I said before...any of the golf stuff I've shipped and/or received has always made it to it's destination intact and undamged!

Mail a letter to your neighbor? Does it get delivered the next day? Got any scans from the last time you had a late parcel delivery? What zip code are you in? When I hear ⤽always⤠from a disgruntled USPS customer I tend to think they are just piling on with let⤙s hate the USPS posts. I⤙m retired now but might be able to shed some light on delays if you like.

Yeah man...sorry to pile on and bash...was not my intention...just wanted to share some of my "concerns" with USPS.

I live in central Texas...ANY envelope we mail goes to a Dallas/Ft. Worth area hub before it gets routed to it's destination...even if it just going next door. Same applies if it's going south...if I mail something to my son at Texas A&M (75 miles south) it will first go to the DFW hub (100 miles north).

Thanks for offering your help but like I said before...any of the golf stuff I've shipped and/or received has always made it to it's destination intact and undamged!

Yea that's how mail works

Mail a letter to your neighbor? Does it get delivered the next day? Got any scans from the last time you had a late parcel delivery? What zip code are you in? When I hear âalwaysâ from a disgruntled USPS customer I tend to think they are just piling on with letâs hate the USPS posts. Iâm retired now but might be able to shed some light on delays if you like.

Here are a couple of mine from recently.

Srixon Z565, Miyazaki Kaula Kori 6x
Cobra F9 Aldila Tour Blue 75x
Cobra F7 19* and 23* hybrids
Cobra Amp Forged 5-PW KBS Tour S+
Vokey SM6 50F, 54F, 58M
Spider Tour Red

Well up until a few years ago there was a sorting facilty here in town and all the local mail was pulled (and delivered the next day) before it was shipped to a larger hub. There was even a separate drop box at the post office that was designated for local mail.

Just seems like the new "model" is hugley inefficient...but what do I know?

Anyway...didn't mean to derail the OP's thread!

@ PSTMSTR

I don't know how long you have been retired but the postal service now is terrible. I have 4 friends that are mail carriers and a friend that just retired from the Baltimore hub " that said he just couldn't take it any more". I hear how things are now. So when I pile on from my experiences of late they are also confirmed by my postal friends that I'm not the only one with concerns.

If you looked back over my posts on this site over the yrs about the postal service I always had praise for their service. Within the last yr or two I can only leave negative posts about the service I have gotten. I'm not one to worry about a late package here and there and really my gripe isn't about slow delivery. I just want to know how hard is it to deliver a package to the right address with consistency? My packages say delivered. They are no where to be found. I have no recourse to get my money back because everyone considers a package delivered as received. I am at the mercy of the person that actually got my package to be honest enough to deliver it to me.

One day close to Christmas my wife delivered all the wrong packages to the neighbors that we received. My $200 fishing reel with signature required was no where to be found but said it was delivered. A person from a block away brought it by two days later. He said his son brought it in off the porch severals days ealier and he didn't become aware of it right away.

I've been lucky getting all my packages but not because of the service of the postal service. I never know if I'm going to get my package or get stressed out over where it is after it's been delivered.

Mail a letter to your neighbor? Does it get delivered the next day? Got any scans from the last time you had a late parcel delivery? What zip code are you in? When I hear âalwaysâ from a disgruntled USPS customer I tend to think they are just piling on with letâs hate the USPS posts. Iâm retired now but might be able to shed some light on delays if you like.

Here are a couple of mine from recently.

9405809699937320969896 Was a big screw up somewhere between IN and CA. Maybe weather or transportation issues but USPS really dropped the ball on this one for sure.

9405809699939766815164 Is almost surely a weather delay

9505516141179042447311 Looks like it met expected service standards

A lot of people may still think Priority Mail is 2 days but can actually be more depending on Origin and Destination. Of these 3, the first one looks like a royal screw up. The 2nd one possibly but I'm thinking weather delay. One other thing I should mention. Most over the road transportation is by contract drivers. Some of these drivers cancel during bad weather so the mail is stuck along the way. This was my biggest frustration when I was Plant Manager. My employees came to work for the most part and then we had failures due to cancelled contract runs.

@ PSTMSTR

I don't know how long you have been retired but the postal service now is terrible. I have 4 friends that are mail carriers and a friend that just retired from the Baltimore hub " that said he just couldn't take it any more". I hear how things are now. So when I pile on from my experiences of late they are also confirmed by my postal friends that I'm not the only one with concerns.

If you looked back over my posts on this site over the yrs about the postal service I always had praise for their service. Within the last yr or two I can only leave negative posts about the service I have gotten. I'm not one to worry about a late package here and there and really my gripe isn't about slow delivery. I just want to know how hard is it to deliver a package to the right address with consistency? My packages say delivered. They are no where to be found. I have no recourse to get my money back because everyone considers a package delivered as received. I am at the mercy of the person that actually got my package to be honest enough to deliver it to me.

One day close to Christmas my wife delivered all the wrong packages to the neighbors that we received. My $200 fishing reel with signature required was no where to be found but said it was delivered. A person from a block away brought it by two days later. He said his son brought it in off the porch severals days ealier and he didn't become aware of it right away.

I've been lucky getting all my packages but not because of the service of the postal service. I never know if I'm going to get my package or get stressed out over where it is after it's been delivered.

I’ve been retired almost 8 years. If your address is on your house and/or mail box it is the carrier’s job to deliver it correctly. I’d call every time it happened and complain. The Supervisor needs to hold the carrier accountable.

Well up until a few years ago there was a sorting facilty here in town and all the local mail was pulled (and delivered the next day) before it was shipped to a larger hub. There was even a separate drop box at the post office that was designated for local mail.

Just seems like the new "model" is hugley inefficient...but what do I know?

Anyway...didn't mean to derail the OP's thread!

As letter mail volume declined it became more efficient to process the mail at 35,000 pieces per hour on automation in the large facilities and close or reduce the number of employees in the smaller ones. Parcel volume has been the only thing to increase lately and it has increased about 4-5 times what it used to be. The service standards for letter mail should not have changed when they did this in your area. That letter you dropped locally should still get delivered the next day. The local office has probably always had a truck going to the large one anyway.

Did I say I’m glad I retired when I did? I worked as a letter carrier, supervisor, postmaster, plant manager, and retired as an operations manager at the district. Some things changed for the better and some did not. I turned 55 in February of 2011 and retired 8 days later. Now all I do is play golf and gripe when the mail doesn’t come on time. :)

@ PSTMSTR

I’ve been retired almost 8 years. If your address is on your house and/or mail box it is the carrier’s job to deliver it correctly. I’d call every time it happened and complain. The Supervisor needs to hold the carrier accountable.

And that's what I do. I actually have the number on speed dial. A neighbor came by recently ( delivering one of packages lol) and he mentioned he was going to draft a letter of complaint and send it to the post office and asked me if I thought it was a good idea if he went around and asked the neighbors to sign it. I said great idea but don't mail it because they might not get it.