Fujikura's new Ventus shafts

GolfWRX_Spotted

Anyone know how the ventus 6X feels compared to the atmos black TS 6x? Cause I love the feel of the atmos black

I compared the 7x versions. Ventus has a lot more feel to it and a little higher launch. Spin wasn't too far off, your golf ball or driver loft would make a bigger difference.

This looks like the review and comparison I've been waiting for. I havent found a ventus to try but did test the atmos black 6x and saw good spin numbers but slightly low launch.

When you say spin wasn't far off do you mean 100-200 rpm or 500 rpm?

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know how the ventus 6X feels compared to the atmos black TS 6x? Cause I love the feel of the atmos black

I compared the 7x versions. Ventus has a lot more feel to it and a little higher launch. Spin wasn't too far off, your golf ball or driver loft would make a bigger difference.

This looks like the review and comparison I've been waiting for. I havent found a ventus to try but did test the atmos black 6x and saw good spin numbers but slightly low launch.

I can't speak for everyone, and don't have a launch monitor unfortunately. All I can really say is that it wasn't noticeably higher and definitely not ballooning.

TSR2 8*, Ventus TR Red 7x

TSi2 15*, Diamana BF 80TX

TSR2 18°, Atmos TS Blue HB 8x 
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 21°, Recoil 110

MP-20 MMC  5-P, DG X100
SM8 50F, 54S, 58M (X7 "spinners")
Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX

I can't speak for everyone, and don't have a launch monitor unfortunately. All I can really say is that it wasn't noticeably higher and definitely not ballooning.

How is it compared to the speeder? I current game the Speeder evo V 757X but the ventus seems interesting

Is there no TX version? X being put in play on tour?

No TX

How is it compared to the speeder? I current game the Speeder evo V 757X but the ventus seems interesting

different profile, much stiffer in the tip, and a bit softer in the handle with the accelerated taper for better loading.

http://fujikuragolf.com http://fujikuragolf.com/dealer-locator

different profile, much stiffer in the tip, and a bit softer in the handle with the accelerated taper for better loading.

I'm on the hunt for something that gives me the lower launch and spin that is optimal for be, but offers some sort of feedback throughout the swing. It's a hard combination to find. Would the Ventus be one of the lowest spinning that's that you guys offer? I've seen it compared to the Atmos above. Would the Ventus be a closer comparison to the Atmos Black or Blue? I had my first fitting, but they didn't have any of these to try.

Cobra LTDx LS 10.5* w/Kai'Li 70TX
Ping G430 Max 15* w/OG Ventus Blue 7X
Titleist TSR2 7w w/Ventus Red TR 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Bettinardi BB1 w/UST Mamiya All-In Graphite 
Mizuno Copper T22 52, 56, 60 w/MCA MMT 125TX Wedge Shafts
TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

I'm on the hunt for something that gives me the lower launch and spin that is optimal for be, but offers some sort of feedback throughout the swing. It's a hard combination to find. Would the Ventus be one of the lowest spinning that's that you guys offer? I've seen it compared to the Atmos above. Would the Ventus be a closer comparison to the Atmos Black or Blue? I had my first fitting, but they didn't have any of these to try.

I might be wrong, but I believe that the atmos black TS is their lowest spin/lowest launching shaft they offer. I think the ventus is closer to the atmos blue TS.

Driver: TaylorMade SIM MAX (10.5 degrees - set to 9.75 and 1.5 degrees open)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 White 70 TX (at 45" and tipped 1")

3-wood: TaylorMade SIM (15 degrees)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 Black 70 TX (at 43" and tipped 1")

UDI: *** Under Construction ***

Irons: TaylorMade P-7MC 4-PW (1 degree upright)

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Tour 120 X

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore Tour Rack (Raw) 52.10, 56.12 & 60.12

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Wedge 125

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Mid-Slant (at 34")

Had a bad swing today on the range. All I can really say right now is the Ventus works well if you have a hook miss.

MP-20 MMC  5-P, DG X100
Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX

Got a chance to take my new Ventus out yesterday and today. I am coming from Tensei Pro White 60TX tipped 1/2" which was good but a hair too stiff and too much work for me. Not terrible at all, and I could game that shaft, just felt I was working a bit hard. During a past fitting, I was also fit into Speeder Evolution II and Atmos Black in different heads, but Tensei Pro White in fairway and hybrid. I like the soft handle stiff tip profile so decided to give Ventus a shot. I went with 6S and tipped 1/2" to play between stiff and x. Shaft feels very smooth. Waggling it, it feels more lively than the Tensei Pro White, Evo II and Atmos Black. Swinging it feels very smooth and stable, I like the feel and in the 6S doesn't feel like I'm over-working to swing it well.

I hate to say it because I'll sound like a victim of marketing, but I really did notice that I was hitting center of the face very consistently. To be fair, I was swinging extremely well today and hitting the middle on most clubs, but the strike pattern on the driver was VERY good. I have the new Mizuno ST190 which has a black face and no graphics on the hitting area so the ball marks were easy to see after each shot. Never over-powered it for a hook like I can do with other smooth profiles (blueboard, IZ) but did hit one toe hook that was a very poor flippy swing and totally all me. I did not notice a huge difference in launch and spin compared to the others.

Shaft does what is says it's supposed to do and is very consistent and playable IMO.

Ai Smoke ♦️♦️♦️ 9* Ventus TR Blue 6x

Mizuno STG 15* Ventus Blue 7x

TSR3 18* Ventus TR Red 7x
TSR3 24* IZ 95x
Ping Blueprint S 5-PW $-Taper 120

PING S159 50, 55, 60h 
Phantom X 5

Got a chance to take my new Ventus out yesterday and today. I am coming from Tensei Pro White 60TX tipped 1/2" which was good but a hair too stiff and too much work for me. Not terrible at all, and I could game that shaft, just felt I was working a bit hard. During a past fitting, I was also fit into Speeder Evolution II and Atmos Black in different heads, but Tensei Pro White in fairway and hybrid. I like the soft handle stiff tip profile so decided to give Ventus a shot. I went with 6S and tipped 1/2" to play between stiff and x. Shaft feels very smooth. Waggling it, it feels more lively than the Tensei Pro White, Evo II and Atmos Black. Swinging it feels very smooth and stable, I like the feel and in the 6S doesn't feel like I'm over-working to swing it well.

I hate to say it because I'll sound like a victim of marketing, but I really did notice that I was hitting center of the face very consistently. To be fair, I was swinging extremely well today and hitting the middle on most clubs, but the strike pattern on the driver was VERY good. I have the new Mizuno ST190 which has a black face and no graphics on the hitting area so the ball marks were easy to see after each shot. Never over-powered it for a hook like I can do with other smooth profiles (blueboard, IZ) but did hit one toe hook that was a very poor flippy swing and totally all me. I did not notice a huge difference in launch and spin compared to the others.

Shaft does what is says it's supposed to do and is very consistent and playable IMO.

great to hear! thank you for sharing your feedback, we're glad you're liking Ventus

http://fujikuragolf.com http://fujikuragolf.com/dealer-locator

First range day with short sleeves. I added weight to my driver head and found some more consistency with the Ventus.

I was also finding the middle with my trusty 757. Definitely holds true that the Ventus is a lower launching shaft. It's a totally new feel to me, but very nice when you flush one. Actual golf will be the real test but if the same stability is there I think I might have a really accurate setup with my M4.

MP-20 MMC  5-P, DG X100
Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX

I've played 9 holes with my Ventus. Was really wanting to like it.. for some reason it seemed to fly a little lower than normal for me, which surprised me. 9 holes is not a large sample size but I might still end up listing it for sale. I'm out of the norm here, but for some reason I just wasn't feeling it....

Titleist TSR4 8*  Ventus Black TR 6x
Titleist TSr3 13.5 Ventus Black TR 7x
Mizuno Pro 221 4-pw Modus 125x
Vokey SM9 52.08F 56.08M 60.04T
Scotty Newport Button Back or
Scotty Select 1/500 Newport Black Mist

I've played 9 holes with my Ventus. Was really wanting to like it.. for some reason it seemed to fly a little lower than normal for me, which surprised me. 9 holes is not a large sample size but I might still end up listing it for sale. I'm out of the norm here, but for some reason I just wasn't feeling it....

A shaft this pricey needs at least 36 holes of a fair shake, it's not like the value will plummet in two weeks!

I've only hit terribble range rocks with mine, looking forward to testing it on course with both of the new Z Star balls.

MP-20 MMC  5-P, DG X100
Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX

A shaft this pricey needs at least 36 holes of a fair shake, it's not like the value will plummet in two weeks!

I've only hit terribble range rocks with mine, looking forward to testing it on course with both of the new Z Star balls.

You are correct. I just have zero patience anymore. I’m sure it’s a great shaft. We’ll see how it goes

Titleist TSR4 8*  Ventus Black TR 6x
Titleist TSr3 13.5 Ventus Black TR 7x
Mizuno Pro 221 4-pw Modus 125x
Vokey SM9 52.08F 56.08M 60.04T
Scotty Newport Button Back or
Scotty Select 1/500 Newport Black Mist

I'm surprised it's so expensive, i thought it would be in the Atmos TS price range.

is the Ventus made in Japan?

Taylormade Stealth Plus Mitsu Kai'li White 70S
Taylormade SIM2 15  Tour AD DI 8S
Mizuno MP 20 3-PW ProjectX 6.0
Vokey SM7 54S and 60M
Cameron Newport 2 CT
Titleist ProV1x Left dash

I'm surprised it's so expensive, i thought it would be in the Atmos TS price range.

is the Ventus made in Japan?

I think it is, and the Pitch 70 fibers are probably quite pricey.

Had mine out in some warm, Gusty weather today. Hit a few ropes with it but it did feel like it took more work than my usual driver shaft. Carry distance was good but nothing to rave about.

MP-20 MMC  5-P, DG X100
Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX

Crimson25 said:

Is there no TX version? X being put in play on tour?

I don't believe a TX version will be necessary, based off of my limited experience with the Ventus, my typical miss with any previous shaft I've used(most current was KURO KAGE XD 70x) was left or hook left. Now, I've only had 2 range sessions with it but Ventus(7X) has almost all but eliminated my miss left. Even when i try to over power the shaft i'm getting great results. My CHS rests between 115-118mph and i would say i load the shaft relatively hard. Again this is with only 2 sessions with it so there is a learning curve but so far I've been impressed.

Eating my own words.

Several range sessions and 36+ holes with the Ventus, and I can't figure it out. The ball flight and distance are excellent but I can not, for the life of me, seem to square this profile up to hit a straight ball. I did a few mid-session switches to my 757 and was finding center contact at a better rate than the Ventus. Shinton is definitely right on though, the Ventus is nearly impossible to hook. 

For now I think it's back to the old trusty, and maybe giving the Ventus more time to prove me wrong before the right buyer wants to take it from me. 

MP-20 MMC  5-P, DG X100
Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX

> @JamesG12 said:

> Has anyone tried the Ventus in fairway? Was just fit into a 6s in my G410 driver and love it. Currently have a tensei pro white in my 3 wood.

I think it would be okay, but probably not a big enough difference from the Pro White.

MP-20 MMC  5-P, DG X100
Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX

• 2 months later...

For those with the 7x , how much are you guys tipping it?

Ping G400 LST 8.5* w/ Tensei Pro White 70 TX
TM '17 M2 15* w/ Kurokage Dual Core 80 TX
TM P790 UDI 2 w/ KBS Tour 130x
Titleist 718 CB w/ KBS $ Taper 130x
Fourteen Raw RM 22 50, 54, 58 w/ KBS 610 Tour Black Nickel
Scotty Cameron Circle T Futura 6M[/b][/color][/font][/size][/font][/size]

> @Morry said:

> Any thoughts on going with a 6r even if you normally use stiff shafts

> just to account for how stiff the tip (and overall) profile is ?

>

I’d stay with Stiff. I just got the 6S - no tipping. I’ve always played Stiff and after the first 20 balls I was worried it was to whippy. Then I got my timing down and it was magical. For the last year, I played the Tensei Pro White and after 2 range session and 1 round I’ve found the ventus to have a higher launch, no left hooks, more distance. The feel is awesome bit I did have to get my timing right.

The reason I switched from the Pro White is because I felt like I had to work hard on the back 9 to get the results I wanted. There were a couple of drives with the Ventus where I didn’t feel I got solid contact but the distance was shockingly longer than expected.

With that said, I have my eye out for a Tensei Pro White 60s or 70s to try in my 3 wood. Ventus 6S is staying in the 2016 M2 Driver.

> @CaseyDan said:

> > @Morry said:

> > Any thoughts on going with a 6r even if you normally use stiff shafts

> > just to account for how stiff the tip (and overall) profile is ?

> >

>

> I’d stay with Stiff. I just got the 6S - no tipping. I’ve always played Stiff and after the first 20 balls I was worried it was to whippy. Then I got my timing down and it was magical. For the last year, I played the Tensei Pro White and after 2 range session and 1 round I’ve found the ventus to have a higher launch, no left hooks, more distance. The feel is awesome bit I did have to get my timing right.

>

> The reason I switched from the Pro White is because I felt like I had to work hard on the back 9 to get the results I wanted. There were a couple of drives with the Ventus where I didn’t feel I got solid contact but the distance was shockingly longer than expected.

>

> With that said, I have my eye out for a Tensei Pro White 60s or 70s to try in my 3 wood. Ventus 6S is staying in the 2016 M2 Driver.

>

>

I need launch and spin, while holding off left , so tip can't be too loose

play Evo3 in fairway

do you think this will suit me for driver?

thanks

Never tried the Ventus, but the Speeder TR keeps the left hazards out of play for my swing.

Driver: still looking.....
4 Wood: Kamui Pro TP-XF 17.5° + Fujikura Speeder Evolution VI FW70x @ 42 1/2".

7 Wood: Kamui Pro TP-XF 22.5° + Fujikura Speeder Evolution VI FW80x @ 41 3/4".
Irons: Kamui Pro KP-102 5i-PW + KBS TGI 110 + 1/2".
Wedges: Callaway Jaws Forged 50°/55°/60° + KBS C-Taper
Putter: SeeMore SB1 + Accra FX300.

• 3 months later...

> @Always_rough said:

> Does anyone know how this shaft would compare to a graphite design AD TP 6x?

This ^

Epic Max LS 9* Ventus Black 6s / Cobra Radspeed 9* Tensei 1K 6x

Epic Flash 15* / Tour AD TP 7x and DI 7x

Sim Max 19* / DI 8x

Srixon Zx7 4-P

Ping Glide Stealth 52 (bent to 51)

SM6 - 56/10 (bent to 55/9)

Tour Issue LB Hi Toe 60*

Spider Plumber's Neck

TP5

> @JamesG12 said:

> Has anyone tried the Ventus in fairway? Was just fit into a 6s in my G410 driver and love it. Currently have a tensei pro white in my 3 wood.

I have the Blue 6x in my driver (Ping G410+) and the 8x in my 3-wood (G410 LS, 13*). Finally, I've found the 3-wood combination I've been looking for. I hit this great off the tee and off the deck and it's forgiving as well.

RH