Mizuno 2019

Felt how heavy the ST190 head was today. Ill be curious whether the swing weight will be too much. Heard it could run E0 or E2 with a 45.5 gram shaft. Has anyone swing weighted theirs with a custom shaft not from Mizuno. I heard since they use a stock 45 shaft it would be better. Amy thoughts?

The G head is approximately 4 grams heavier around 200g.

Felt how heavy the ST190 head was today. I’ll be curious whether the swing weight will be too much. Heard it could run E0 or E2 with a 45.5” gram shaft. Has anyone swing weighted theirs with a custom shaft not from Mizuno. I heard since they use a stock 45” shaft it would be better. Amy thoughts?

The G head is approximately 4 grams heavier around 200g.

Oh ok on the G head. Club champion only had the regular and it’s swing weight was E0. I need the lower spin so I’ll be interested how it feels.

got rid of my 190 after 2 weeks. couldnt get the spin below 2800 and it was therefore 10-15 yards behind my OG M2.

What shaft in it?

Ping G430 10k 9*  Ventus Velocore blue 6x

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Ping G430 19* Tour Chrome 2.0 85s

PXG 0211  4i KBS C Taper Lite 115x ss1x

Srixon zx7 mkii 5-7, Z forged ii 8-P KBS C Taper Lite 

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8b  KBS Tour
Scotty Cameron NP2 Studio Stainless  34"

got rid of my 190 after 2 weeks. couldnt get the spin below 2800 and it was therefore 10-15 yards behind my OG M2.
What shaft in it?

atmos black ts

oban white

oban black

all produced spin around 3000.

oban white in my m2 was about 2200 to 2400

Driver: M2, Ventus black

3w: Mizuno st 200, tense I blue

Hybrid: Mizuno clk 19

Irons: Mizuno JPX921 tours

wedges: Bettinardi HLX 3.0

Putter: Scotty Cameron H19

Was keen to hit the 190 so I went down to 2nd swing this weekend and jumped on a Trackman and hit it against this stupid Ping G LS that I just can't get out of my bag and found that I still can't get this stupid Ping G LS out of my bag. Swinging both around 106-108 mph I was getting 260+ carry and 280+ total out of the Ping and mid 250's carry out of the ST190 and mid 270's total. The spin was actually better with the ST190 10.5 head at neutral, around 2500-2600 vs around 2900 with the Ping but the launch was so low that the other numbers suffered. We played around with heads and loft settings and when we tuned up the ST190 head we just saw an increase in spin and a decrease in carry numbers. Ping has an AD DJ 6x in it and we were using the Tensei Orange in the Mizuno.

Looks great, feels great, will probably work well for guys who already hit it high and want to reduce their spin #'s a little bit but it wasn't working for me.

Ping G 10.5 Tour 65s
Ping G 14.5 Tour 80x
Titleist 716 T-MB 3 Iron AD DI 95x
Ping Anser Forged Project X 6.0
Ping Glide 50*SS, 54*SS, 58*SS Project X 6.0
Odyssey Versa 2-Ball

What shaft in it?

atmos black ts

oban white

oban black

all produced spin around 3000.

oban white in my m2 was about 2200 to 2400

Interesting... I am wondering if these heads aren't as low spinning as some others...

Was keen to hit the 190 so I went down to 2nd swing this weekend and jumped on a Trackman and hit it against this stupid Ping G LS that I just can't get out of my bag and found that I still can't get this stupid Ping G LS out of my bag. Swinging both around 106-108 mph I was getting 260+ carry and 280+ total out of the Ping and mid 250's carry out of the ST190 and mid 270's total. The spin was actually better with the ST190 10.5 head at neutral, around 2500-2600 vs around 2900 with the Ping but the launch was so low that the other numbers suffered. We played around with heads and loft settings and when we tuned up the ST190 head we just saw an increase in spin and a decrease in carry numbers. Ping has an AD DJ 6x in it and we were using the Tensei Orange in the Mizuno.

Looks great, feels great, will probably work well for guys who already hit it high and want to reduce their spin #'s a little bit but it wasn't working for me.

This is funny.

I'm the same way with my G30.

Ancient clubs in today's age.

Ive got 3 shafts that im going to test out in the ST190G head.

Tensei Pro Orange 70Tx

Atmos Black 6x tipped .5"

A'hina Ion 60X

The winner will get the spot in the bag. ive hit the Atmos Black in it already and it seemed very solid. would like to get on a Flightscope or Trackman to get real numbers and see what the real winner ends up being.

TaylorMade SiM 6.5* Graphite Design AD HD 6x Tipped 1"
Titleist TSR2+ 3w (C1) 12.25*  Tensei 1K Black 75x

Titleist TSi3 17* (C1) Hybrid Fujikura Motore Speeder Tour spec HB 8.8X 

Titleist U505 4i Mitsubishi MMT 105TX
Titleist T100S 5i-PW Mitsubishi MMT 105TX
Vokey SM9 48*F, 53*F, 58*S DG TI Onyx S400's
Artisan SS 0217 Putter
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/777451-518titleistx-2013-witb-warning-heavy-titleist-content-inside/"]WITB Link[/url]

Anyone had any experience with the fairway woods yet?

Looking at getting some new stuff for the top of the bag and thinking to give these a go but thought I'd see what others had found out so far first as well (as well as any comparisons to other stuff out there if you've got opinions!).

Probably will get a 3 wood and a 5 wood cause I've yet to find a hybrid that really agrees with me.

Anyone had any experience with the fairway woods yet?

Looking at getting some new stuff for the top of the bag and thinking to give these a go but thought I'd see what others had found out so far first as well (as well as any comparisons to other stuff out there if you've got opinions!).

Probably will get a 3 wood and a 5 wood cause I've yet to find a hybrid that really agrees with me.

The ST190 TS is giving me some great numbers. Ball speeds are super high. The profile will suit the player who hits their fairway woods high and spin a little too much. It has a deeper profile which some may consider harder to hit off the deck. Looks great at address, sits open a little and the sound is good. All in all, it should be something that everyone tries.

I was fitted for the ST190 today. I liked the sound and feel of the 190 over the 190G so we went that route. Wind was blowing directly into our face but managed to hit some long shots. Tried 5 different shafts and landed on the Kuro Kage 70x, tipped an inch and set with toe up. 8.5 degrees of loft. I played 18 in the cold and wind yesterday( 3rd round of 2019) and my back was very sore today but I was hitting 115 mph swing speed. I felt much slower than normal so I was pleased with that number. I hit a bunch of the face today and was still carrying good distances into the wind. This driver is much much more forgiving than my F7. Shots not hit in middle also felt much better than the F7. I love the look, feel and sound of this driver. Now that I have been properly fit for the first time ever for a driver I am going to work hard to dial in my swing to this setup. No more tinkering. As a side note the fitter gave me two 2-packs of the new balls to try. Excited to let those babies fly as soon as I get my driver. I was told 5 days at the longest for wait time. Side note #2 my CTLX shaft snapped on my 8 iron while practicing on mats a few weeks ago. Mizuno paid for shipping both ways and fixed it free of charge with brand new NDMC grip. A week turnaround. Shaft was on a 2.5 year old iron and not even Mizunos fault.....this is 3rd ctaper shaft I have snapped. I love Mizuno!

Got my 190G out today for the first time on the course... It was playing firm in the fairways so roll was plentiful. I am sure that contributed but I was in places i have never been on this course before and it seemed like point and shoot until I started to get tired at the end. I was extremely skeptical of what this driver would do on the course after some terrible shots at the range earlier in the week... It more than performed for me and was seriously impressive distance wise. Misses on the toe were punished but still got some decent distance... but out of the middle and this thing is a rocket launcher... I am seriously impressed, I don't know what else to say really. Stoked.

Quick question for everyone who has ordered the Driver lately. Is this thing back ordered? I was wanting to be fit at 2 different clubfitters and neither one had any heads. What gives?

I was fit two days ago and fitter had both heads and all the shafts. They told me I would have driver in 5 business days at the latest. That doesnt sound like there is a supply issue.

To those that have seen and hit both the 190 and the 190g, are they the same head shape? Or is one deeper faced and a smaller profile?

Thanks

Mark

They are similar in size but slightly different in shape. If I remember correctly, the G is a little more round/symmetrical. The 190 is slightly more tear drop shaped. You really have to stare to see the difference. I can't comment on the face difference.

To those that have seen and hit both the 190 and the 190g, are they the same head shape? Or is one deeper faced and a smaller profile?

Thanks

Mark

I’m impatiently waiting to find one to demo in Iowa!

If I remember correctly THansen on here is a Mizuno dealer. He has a place in Fort Dodge with 2 aboutGolf simulators. I haven't made it down there yet this winter but I will hopefully soon.

the new fli hi is only $125 retail.

The #5 is identical specs to a 919F 4 iron, which is the spot I have the Apex in now,

Ordered with LZ 115 (thanks cadman88....lol).

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T150 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Toulon Portland Garage 
ProV1x

the new fli hi is only $125 retail.

The #5 is identical specs to a 919F 4 iron, which is the spot I have the Apex in now,

Ordered with LZ 115 (thanks cadman88....lol).

Looking forward to your thoughts on this War. I have one of the original 19* JPX Fli Hi which was a 2012 launch I think. It was marketed as a drop on number for number with an iron, length, lie bendable and steel shafts like iron offerings. Would love to trade up ofcourse and these might be the ones. Just haven’t heard much about them.

PXG GEN6 0311 10.5*DRIVER/FUJI RED VELOCORE 6S/GP TW WHT

PXG GEN5 0311XF 17*FAIRWAY/FUJI MOTORE X F3 7S/GP TW WHT

PXG GEN3 0311XP 3 IRON/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG GEN3 0311P 4-PW/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG GEN4 0311P GW/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG SD II WEDGES/56/13&62/10/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/GP TW BLK

MACHINE M2A 1018RAW CS PUTTER/ACCRA I-STEEL/SS FLAT 1.0

Don't fix what ain’t broke!

People talk about how good the 190's look and I just don't get it. I mean, they're okay, but it's nothing to write home about. It's no 910D3 in the looks department. Good driver though, right there with everything else.

Titleist TSi3 8º - LAGP DJ 65-6
Titleist TSi3 15º - LAGP TourAxs Blue 
PING iCrossover 3i - PING Tour Chrome 2.0 
Mizuno Pro 245  5-GW C-Taper 
Mizuno T22  52º, 56º, 60º C-Taper

Scotty Special Select Newport 2 
Titleist Left Dash -ProV1x

People talk about how good the 190's look and I just don't get it. I mean, they're okay, but it's nothing to write home about. It's no 910D3 in the looks department. Good driver though, right there with everything else.

In a more "modern age" of drivers, when things seemingly tend to get very busy, I think Mizuno has built a really classy, high performing set of drivers this time around. The gloss black/carbon plus the head shape is definitely a winner. The 910 was a very cool looking driver, for its time.... at this point, though, it's boring AF. Not to say it can't perform, but I wouldn't even put those two in the same category. But that's me and am thankful for the amount of options we have at this point to suit our every single want and need in a club.

Looks are opinion based, so you don't have to agree with others. I would assume that when people talk about the looks of this driver, many are comparing it to previous models including last models blue color. This one is drastically different in color/design than previous models. It also has a clean top, which other manufacturers are getting busier on top, so that is a different look. All in all, people are going to talk about the looks of this driver because many didn't even bother with the blue model.

Looks are opinion based, so you don't have to agree with others. I would assume that when people talk about the looks of this driver, many are comparing it to previous models including last models blue color. This one is drastically different in color/design than previous models. It also has a clean top, which other manufacturers are getting busier on top, so that is a different look. All in all, people are going to talk about the looks of this driver because many didn't even bother with the blue model.

You're not wrong. The blue crown was pretty polarizing and I think most didn't really care for it.

Titleist TSi3 8º - LAGP DJ 65-6
Titleist TSi3 15º - LAGP TourAxs Blue 
PING iCrossover 3i - PING Tour Chrome 2.0 
Mizuno Pro 245  5-GW C-Taper 
Mizuno T22  52º, 56º, 60º C-Taper

Scotty Special Select Newport 2 
Titleist Left Dash -ProV1x