2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Taylormade M5 & M6 Woods - Pics added page 46

chadillac65

How do these compare to m1 and m2?

For me the 2017 M1 is a better looking club, and the M5 feels better with a little less spin overall. Dispersion about the same for me.

M5 is definitely a bit more forgiving in terms of ball speed/distance, especially on thin misses.

Vs M1 the M5 also seems to go better off a center strike. The M1 spun a little too much on a center strike but was phenomenal with a slightly high strike. For me, the M5 seems to go about the same (as the M1 hit high) whether hit center or a little high.

Overall I consider it a nice improvement over the M1. Not really any longer but definitely more consistent.

If all the variables are equal, truly center strikes will be the same because it is impossible for them not to be. Most of the time what people think are center strikes are actually low because no driver has a sweetspot that is truly in the middle if the face, they are all slightly higher.

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei AV White 65TX 2.0 // Taylormade SIM 9* Ventus TR Blue 6TX
Taylormade Stealth+ 16.5* Ventus Black 8x // Taylormade SIM Ti V2 16.5* Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Apex UW 19* Ventus Black 8x // Srixon ZX Utility MKII 18* Graphite Design AD-IZ 95X
Callaway X-Forged Single Diamond 22* Nippon GOST Hybrid Tour X 
Bridgestone 
J40 DPC 4i-7i 24*- 35* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 39*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0

Taylormade Milled Grind Raw 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot || Taylormade Spider X Navy Slant

If anyone has experience with the M5/M6 and Ping LST I'd love to hear your comparative thoughts. I'm really happy with the LST, but the ho in me wants a new driver.

TXG test the M5/M6 against the G400 LST. Not a huge difference, as expected..

The G400lst is like the best fit they can have for Matt, while they tell the M5/M6 demo matrix is still missing heads for them to do a proper fitting. So they might re-visit later and do a proper fitting for the TM heads.

http://youtu.be/zEgDJ69Thpc

They must have some type of special adapters there at TXG to get the 10,5° heads to sit 1 degree open and at loft of 10°. That's no possible with the TM adapter.

G430 Max 10K Hzrdus RDX Red 60 / Ping G430 Max 5fw KBS TD 70 / Titleist TSi2 4Hy  Tensei CK Pro Orange 80HY 

Ping iBlade 4-PW Modus3 120 / Cleveland RTX2.0 50° DG S200 / Ping Glide3.0 56° DG TI S400 / Ping Glide4.0 60° DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Phantom 7.5 Stability Tour / Titleist ProV1x

How do these compare to m1 and m2?

For me the 2017 M1 is a better looking club, and the M5 feels better with a little less spin overall. Dispersion about the same for me.

M5 is definitely a bit more forgiving in terms of ball speed/distance, especially on thin misses.

Vs M1 the M5 also seems to go better off a center strike. The M1 spun a little too much on a center strike but was phenomenal with a slightly high strike. For me, the M5 seems to go about the same (as the M1 hit high) whether hit center or a little high.

Overall I consider it a nice improvement over the M1. Not really any longer but definitely more consistent.

If all the variables are equal, truly center strikes will be the same because it is impossible for them not to be. Most of the time what people think are center strikes are actually low because no driver has a sweetspot that is truly in the middle if the face, they are all slightly higher.

What I'm talking about there (center strike) is the shot that feels 100% solid, wherever that point actually is on the face (not based on measurements). It probably is just high of the real center, but for me that shot spins more with the M1 than the M5.

With the M1, the shot where I think "oh man I killed that!" doesn't provide the distance (particularly in terms of rollout) that the M5 does with the same feeling. To get the most out of the M1 I have to generate a slight high mis-hit that definitely doesn't feel great. Both are 10.5 heads set at 11.25 and of course manufacturing tolerance also means they aren't actually the same. And of course my delivery isn't the same as anyone else either.

Rogue ST LS 10.5 | TSi2 15 | G425 4H 20.5 | ZX4 4 | ZX5 5-P | CBX ZC 48 & 52.5 | RTX ZC TR 58 | Itsy Bitsy Spider | TP5x

Anyone got a clue why I can swing my M4 D-Type 9,5° head 6 miles faster on average than the M6 9°? Same shaft and same head weight.

Could it be CG location affecting the swing weight? Better aerodynamics on M4? Or the way TrackMan calculates club head speed?

G430 Max 10K Hzrdus RDX Red 60 / Ping G430 Max 5fw KBS TD 70 / Titleist TSi2 4Hy  Tensei CK Pro Orange 80HY 

Ping iBlade 4-PW Modus3 120 / Cleveland RTX2.0 50° DG S200 / Ping Glide3.0 56° DG TI S400 / Ping Glide4.0 60° DG TI S400

Wanted. An M5 Tour order that is not “Being Processed” as the status on the TM Canadian website. Order date was Feb 26. Anyone else stuck in limbo? Non custom order. Can’t be too hard.

Thinking of cancelling the order altogether.

Callaway Paradym TD “S” 420cc 8.5. @ 45.5”

Driver Shafts: Project X Evenflow Riptide MX 60TX & MCA Kai’Li White 70X

Mizuno ST Max 230 12.0 Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX 6.5 @ 45.25”
ON ORDER: Mizuno ST Max 230 15.0 Mitsubishi Rayon Kai’Li Blue 70X

Mizuno STZ 230 Hybrid 19.0 @ 17.0 UST Lin-Q Blue 75 F5

ON ORDER: Mizuno Pro 243 5-GW Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Mizuno T24 56/12S & 58/4X Nippon Modus Pro 120X

🤔 Titleist Vokey SM9 60 K Grind 

Rife Phenom.Z 34”

Wanted. An M5 Tour order that is not “Being Processed” as the status on the TM Canadian website. Order date was Feb 26. Anyone else stuck in limbo? Non custom order. Can’t be too hard.

Thinking of cancelling the order altogether.

There’s a head on the bst.

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1755840-taylor-made-m5-tour-105-new-in-plastic-head-only/page__pid__18783802#entry18783802

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Anyone got a clue why I can swing my M4 D-Type 9,5° head 6 miles faster on average than the M6 9°? Same shaft and same head weight.

Could it be CG location affecting the swing weight? Better aerodynamics on M4? Or the way TrackMan calculates club head speed?

Ball speed is similar? My guess is a bad calculation.

Ping/Epon/Scratch/Bettinardi WITB Link

Maybe it has trouble with the mate finish and tracking it?

Callaway triple Diamond paradym 9*- hulk 60tx 

Callaway paradym triple diamond - hulk 70tx 

Titleist TSi3 20* hybrid Matrix Black Tie 90x 
Srixon zx7mkii 456 / ZForgedii 789P- MMT 125tx 
Cleveland RTX6 50/54/ S400 TI Onyx 
Vokey Wedgeworks 60* V-grind 
Tri-hot double wide 

Ball Speed is pretty similar, only 1 mile in between them. I have always trusted TrckMan to get the clubhead speed correct, anyone know hoe does TrackMan actually calculate clubhead speed?

Distance is in meters. I have some heavier weights coming in for the M6 head, will re-test with with a heavier head. Just baffled by the results. :D

Ball Speed is pretty similar, only 1 mile in between them. I have always trusted TrckMan to get the clubhead speed correct, anyone know hoe does TrackMan actually calculate clubhead speed?

Distance is in meters. I have some heavier weights coming in for the M6 head, will re-test with with a heavier head. Just baffled by the results. :D

Track man is known to be slow on CHS. Just the way it measures it from behind the ball

Tri-hot double wide 

Rest of your numbers are better with m6. Has to be a misread or either you’re middling the m6 and just not swinging quite as hard ? Does it feel slower ? ( not that means anything. Just curious )

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Rest of your numbers are better with m6. Has to be a misread or either you're middling the m6 and just not swinging quite as hard ? Does it feel slower ? ( not that means anything. Just curious )

I was at least trying to swing the same with both, that said the M4 actually felt just a little easier to swing fast, I even altered turns to see if I was just warming up but nah, same effect. That's what let me to think the CG locations could be effecting the SW?

I do have a thought about closure rate affecting the readings: Ryan Barath explains in this video how TrackMan is reading the toe, and as I understand the toe moves faster in the M4 D-Type since the CG is located in the heel. As opposed to a normal M6 that has the weight low and back of the head. Maybe this is it?

http://youtu.be/ijY9Gu3FXhU

I don’t believe CG is going to change the reading. There are a number of posts including by TollBros who’s opinion I really trust to ignore swing speed and just look at ball speed. Trackman is notorious for misreading some CHS.

Ping/Epon/Scratch/Bettinardi WITB Link

Definitely looks different than the regular M5 and other M5 Tour photos that have been out (the Golfwrx ones that were posted in January for example). Much cleaner look regardless of any issues. I wonder if well see a revamped M5 version.

Agreed. All cracking aside, the overhanging piece looks dumb to me.

Same here. I can't figure out why they designed it with that overhang in the first place.

To a certain extent I hope they don't "fix" the regular M5. Mine was a pre-order and I've had no issues yet, and probably never will. But if they release a V2, those of us with V1 heads will be at a major disadvantage in terms of used sale / trade pricing.

Rogue ST LS 10.5 | TSi2 15 | G425 4H 20.5 | ZX4 4 | ZX5 5-P | CBX ZC 48 & 52.5 | RTX ZC TR 58 | Itsy Bitsy Spider | TP5x

i'm currently saving up for an M5 (non-tour) tour issue head -- folks i've talked to said they're real-deal with regards to ballspeed, higher launch and lower spin. despite the flap issue - these drivers are incredibly solid.

PING G430 LST / 9* (dialed to 10.5*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Dark Speed LS / 3w (dialed to 15.5*) / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

The eagle finally landed for me.

Looks like they got rid of the overhanging piece of carbon, so everyone who was complaining about everyone breaking the piece with their fat driver shots won’t have to have their heads explode anymore...

Sweet since they may have solved the problem-Back on my radar to try this spring

Same here. I can't figure out why they designed it with that overhang in the first place.

To a certain extent I hope they don't "fix" the regular M5. Mine was a pre-order and I've had no issues yet, and probably never will. But if they release a V2, those of us with V1 heads will be at a major disadvantage in terms of used sale / trade pricing.

I see no reason they wouldn't "fix" the normal also now, it's clearly a flaw in the design originally..

I assume if you break the current M5 you have, they will replace it with a flap -less version.

The eagle finally landed for me.

Looks like they got rid of the overhanging piece of carbon, so everyone who was complaining about everyone breaking the piece with their fat driver shots won’t have to have their heads explode anymore...

It doesn’t look properly fixed though. Note the slim metal border between the carbon and the slot on the heel side. A proper fix would have the same on the toe side.

Rife Phenom.Z 34”

I doubt it, how many ebayers or common folk are members of golf forums? They’ll see some wear and still purchase it, especially given my comment on the last post, that metal trim needs to be between the slot and the carbon otherwise tee issues will persist.

Rife Phenom.Z 34”

It doesn’t look properly fixed though. Note the slim metal border between the carbon and the slot on the heel side. A proper fix would have the same on the toe side.

almost as if they just shaved the overhang bit and smoothed it off.

• Titleist TSR3 9* Ventus Black 6X
  • Taylormade Sim2 15* Tensei White 80TX
  • TM Stealth 2 Iron or Ping i59 3 iron Project X 7.0
  • Artisan MB 4-9 Project X 7.0
  • Artisan 46*, 50* Project X 6.5
  • Artisan  55*, 60* S400
  • Artisan BlueBonnet Carbon 0217

i'm currently saving up for an M5 (non-tour) tour issue head -- folks i've talked to said they're real-deal with regards to ballspeed, higher launch and lower spin. despite the flap issue - these drivers are incredibly solid.

Pretty spot on with that. I hit the M5 at my demo day last week, and I couldn't get the spin up. I took the shaft from my '17 M2 and put it into the M5, and it was spinning around 1500 or 1600 on a good hit, where I'm normally around 2200 or so. Obviously a shaft won't work every time in each head, but I tried a handful of shafts that I thought would fit me, and I still couldn't get to where I felt comfortable hitting it. It felt great, launched high, but I couldn't trust it on the course with such low spin.

Quick question for anyone who owns an M5, and bear with me if this has already been discussed, but does anyone else have a pin sized hole in the dead center of the club face? Is this part of the design? Club works great and have had no issues, just interested in the purpose.

A hole? Don’t think that is supposed to be there.. got a pic?

Tri-hot double wide 

Quick question for anyone who owns an M5, and bear with me if this has already been discussed, but does anyone else have a pin sized hole in the dead center of the club face? Is this part of the design? Club works great and have had no issues, just interested in the purpose.

Yeah it's in all the drivers, M5 & M6. Don't know the purpose..

Golf Monthly did a test between the made for shafts in the M6, not that much different, Smoke came out on top for 114 and 103 speeds for distance:

http://youtu.be/3KE5N7ZshJM