2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

SuperSpeed Golf training system

With all due respect how are you guys hitting the radar with the sticks or your driver? Aren't we supposed to swing six to ten inches away from the thing? I mean no offense but hitting the radar would be the equivalent of heeling the ball so bad it takes out your nutsack. Is this some right of passage I should be aware of?

Was wondering this exact same thing. I don't think I ever came withing 5 inches of the radar.

With all due respect how are you guys hitting the radar with the sticks or your driver? Aren't we supposed to swing six to ten inches away from the thing? I mean no offense but hitting the radar would be the equivalent of heeling the ball so bad it takes out your nutsack. Is this some right of passage I should be aware of?

Was wondering this exact same thing. I don't think I ever came withing 5 inches of the radar.

I can only hope/imagine it's from the step/lefty/knee swings. I don't do radar for the sticks at all, only driver for me. I get no speed with the sticks on the radar. It's comical.

It’s a right of passage you should be aware of. You’re totally missing out.

• Like 1

It’s a right of passage you should be aware of. You’re totally missing out.

its the grinch's 3rd law of inevitability...."things that can go wrong, usually do"

"Non rinunciare mai quello
che desideri...."
Go with what you know!

Driver: Titleist 913D

Fairway: Tour Edge XCG 7

Hybrids: Bobby Jones(Jesse Ortiz) Blackbird 3,4,5,6

Irons: 3-PW Titleist 710 MB (Rifle Project X 6.0 Flighted)

Wedges: Tour Edge 52, 56 deg, Cleveland RTX 50 deg 

Putter: Odyssey Custom Metal X 7

• 2 weeks later...

Today was my first day using Superspeed since about July of last year. I sold my previous set because my right shoulder started to take a beating when doing the left handed swings (right handed golfer). This time I purchased the sticks and the radar as I deemed it would be more helpful then just the sticks on their own. On Trackman last year my slowest swing was about 100mph and fastest was slightly over 110 with an average of 104-107 in the summer. Here is my initial numbers and I will update them in a few weeks while going through the system. These are my first swings in about 3-4 months so I suspect the numbers to grow fairly quickly as I get back in the groove of things.

I made a set but Ididnt have a scale and just swing weighted them,they turned out way to heavy, hopefully why I am seeing zero gains , also the shafts are short by 3 inch's will this make a difference I can lengthen them. new weights are 267-292 342 , any thoughts .

m6 9 degree , tensai pro orange 70s , and epic flash sub zero rogue 60x
m4 3 wd, 15 degree rogue 125 msi 60 tour x  and epic flash sub zero hzrdus 70x,
818 h2 hybrid 19 degree ,tour spec blue 85s
taylor p790 17 degree
taylormade p760 3-pw
vokey 50--56--60
taylormade spider tour dj version and cleveland huntington beach number 1
epic green staff bag or taylormade flex lite 

I made a set but Ididnt have a scale and just swing weighted them,they turned out way to heavy, hopefully why I am seeing zero gains , also the shafts are short by 3 inch's will this make a difference I can lengthen them. new weights are 267-292 342 , any thoughts .

As mentioned, I have done the same thing approximating the suggested weights. I believe the idea is to train those "twitchy" muscles to swing faster and anything you do along those lines would be beneficial, at least that has been my experience. I would also suggest purchasing the actual product would be even better given they will cause you to use progressively heavier clubs in an exponential manner and then revert back to the lightest as the final swing.

Another thing I am experimenting with is to combine my "Hacker Whacker" with speed training. This results in giving the club more momentum as the lightweight sliding birdie ball contacts the tip of the speed stick giving feedback as to proper tempo/extension point. I cannot evaluate this until I get a new SSR to replace a broken one. The caveat being that it *may* or may not defeat the purpose. I just do not know (yet).

che desideri...."
Go with what you know!

Today was my first day using Superspeed since about July of last year. I sold my previous set because my right shoulder started to take a beating when doing the left handed swings (right handed golfer). This time I purchased the sticks and the radar as I deemed it would be more helpful then just the sticks on their own. On Trackman last year my slowest swing was about 100mph and fastest was slightly over 110 with an average of 104-107 in the summer. Here is my initial numbers and I will update them in a few weeks while going through the system. These are my first swings in about 3-4 months so I suspect the numbers to grow fairly quickly as I get back in the groove of things.

Cool. Thanks for posting that. Your data is helpful to me for correlating your red stick speed to your actual driver speed. Can I ask if your driver is standard length (45.5 inches)?

Swing hard in case you hit it!

are guys getting same results from home made sticks, I am sure you are just checking .

taylor p790 17 degree
taylormade p760 3-pw
vokey 50--56--60

I use super speed with my students. It really helps with students who aren’t reaching the potential speed they already have. As far as gaining speed, in feel like if you don’t have good movement patterns already, I don’t see students getting faster and I fact they tend to feel pain doing the sticks. So I think they can be good, but not for all.

Can't believe I missed this thread for so long...

My wife got me a set and the monitor for Christmas in 2017. Last year I inconsistently worked out with them, and still noticed an improvement in my SS over time...

My whole goal was to increase my overall SS so that I could swing at 90% and be close to where my old 100% SS was at. I felt my ego get the best on me on almost every tee shot, but if I could increase my SS and swing at 90% and not lose distance, I could be a better driver of the golf ball..

Actually Started using them again on Saturday. And worked out again with them last night.

Keeping a journal of my progress this year. Only issue is I will also be doing a workout routine to help with speed as well, so I wont have a true testament of how much its the SSG or the working out.

Last nights numbers -

Best Speeds-

Light - 131

Medium - 126

Heavy - 120

(I feel like I should be able to hit higher speeds with the light club since my medium is 126. I would of expected a bigger gap)

Will try to post numbers often in here to give some feedback on the clubs.

are guys getting same results from home made sticks, I am sure you are just checking .

I have started with home made system with blue SSR. I am frustrated with numbers but I will stick with it for few more weeks and see how it goes.

TS3 9.5
R11 17.5*
RBZ Stage 2 21.5*(21*) & 24.5*(24*)
MP53 5-7
MP4 8-PW
Studio Newport 2.5
MP T11 50* 55* 60*

Cool. Thanks for posting that. Your data is helpful to me for correlating your red stick speed to your actual driver speed. Can I ask if your driver is standard length (45.5 inches)?

Mine is 45" currently but will probably be going 44.5" this year

Mine is 45" currently but will probably be going 44.5" this year

Thanks. Your swing speed with your drive seems to match very well with your red stick speed. I am up to about 10 people now that have confirmed my theory. Its good to know SSR can measure those sticks so accurately and consistently and that the heavy one correlates really well with a standard driver. I am happy to have a good method for measuring real progress without having to jump on a trackman all the time.

Once you get your driver speed measured again on a trackman or something, it should be within +-3 mph of your red stick swing speed. Only way it won't be is if you can't commit to the same speed swing with a ball in front of you as you can without.

My wife got me a set and the monitor for Christmas in 2017. Last year I inconsistently worked out with them, and still noticed an improvement in my SS over time...

My whole goal was to increase my overall SS so that I could swing at 90% and be close to where my old 100% SS was at. I felt my ego get the best on me on almost every tee shot, but if I could increase my SS and swing at 90% and not lose distance, I could be a better driver of the golf ball..

Actually Started using them again on Saturday. And worked out again with them last night.

Keeping a journal of my progress this year. Only issue is I will also be doing a workout routine to help with speed as well, so I wont have a true testament of how much its the SSG or the working out.

Last nights numbers -

Best Speeds-

Light - 131

Medium - 126

Heavy - 120

(I feel like I should be able to hit higher speeds with the light club since my medium is 126. I would of expected a bigger gap)

If your swing speed at 90% was 90mph and 100% at 100mph. Then after doing the SSG program, if you get up to 111mph at 100% and 100mph at 90%, you will still want to swing 100% to get 111mph instead of 100mph.

Do the program even longer, and get up to 120mph at 100%, you will still want to swing 100% to get 120mph and not 110.

Rinse and repeat...

Last nights numbers -

Best Speeds-

Light - 131

Medium - 126

Heavy - 120

You do have a weird issue with the green stick. Several people I have seen their numbers for each stick, pretty consistent increases for each stick. Your green stick speed does not fit. From what I have observed for these people....

Blue is 105.38% of Red

Green is 114.45% of Red

So you should be at 126 mph blue (which you are) and 137 mph green or there about. Maybe it just feels too light and you dump speed before radar?

I use super speed with my students. It really helps with students who aren’t reaching the potential speed they already have. As far as gaining speed, in feel like if you don’t have good movement patterns already, I don’t see students getting faster and I fact they tend to feel pain doing the sticks. So I think they can be good, but not for all.

Since you're using SSG with students, I have a question. Do you have them swing THEIR swing as fast as they can, or do you have them simply swing as fast as they can, without regard to technique?

To me, this is REALLY important distinction, and I've done SSG all along using MY swing with the best technique that I could manage while still swing as fast as I could, knowing that this is NOT what the instructions call for. I don't have data to prove it, but TO ME the issue isn't how fast I can swing something, it's how fast I can make MY swing and still make the ball go (sorta kinda) where I want it to go.

So my gains have been slower, I think, than a lot of what has been reported on this thread, now approaching triple digits in pages. But it's sort of like what i used to tell my son when he was playing baseball as an infielder; it doesn't matter how fast the ball got to first if the first baseman couldn't catch it. I recognize the tension in this when you contrast what I'm saying with Jack Grout telling a young Nicklaus to hit it far and they'd figure out straight later, or Bobby Jones reportedly telling a woman pro who asked for advice, "Knock the hell out of it; it'll come down somewhere!" Sad to say, I'm not only not an LPGA pro, I REALLY not a young Jack Nicklaus. Or Nicklaus at any other age...

Since you're using SSG with students, I have a question. Do you have them swing THEIR swing as fast as they can, or do you have them simply swing as fast as they can, without regard to technique?

To me, this is REALLY important distinction, and I've done SSG all along using MY swing with the best technique that I could manage while still swing as fast as I could, knowing that this is NOT what the instructions call for. I don't have data to prove it, but TO ME the issue isn't how fast I can swing something, it's how fast I can make MY swing and still make the ball go (sorta kinda) where I want it to go.

So my gains have been slower, I think, than a lot of what has been reported on this thread, now approaching triple digits in pages. But it's sort of like what i used to tell my son when he was playing baseball as an infielder; it doesn't matter how fast the ball got to first if the first baseman couldn't catch it. I recognize the tension in this when you contrast what I'm saying with Jack Grout telling a young Nicklaus to hit it far and they'd figure out straight later, or Bobby Jones reportedly telling a woman pro who asked for advice, "Knock the hell out of it; it'll come down somewhere!" Sad to say, I'm not only not an LPGA pro, I REALLY not a young Jack Nicklaus. Or Nicklaus at any other age...

I *May* have some input as soon as my replacement SSR arrives. My intent is to combine my "hacker whacker" with speed stick which will give me audible feedback on impact and point of full extension. My expectation is that the speeds will be somewhat slower at first to achieve best tempo but hopefully I will be able to build them back up again.

che desideri...."
Go with what you know!

I like what you said last. The bits about hit it far and figure out straight later. That is the only way you learn speed and it is precisely why people don't learn it later in life. It is not because they can't it is because it is an endeavor that takes dedication and lots of time. You can really take two steps back before taking two steps forward pursuing speed. Many good golfers refuse to practice swinging fast on the range because they are embarrassed and because they don't want to mess up their swing. You can also injure yourself doing this as you are pushing your limits.

What would have been best is if when we were kids, we had a golf instructor and that instructor showed us the basic mechanics of the golf swing and then that same instructor said, "now swing as fast as you can". You would learn how to create speed at a young age and have plenty of time ahead of you to harness that speed and make it accurate, and or learn to slow it down and speed it up as needed.

You have to be prepared for what pursuing speed can possibly do to you in the short term to achieve your long term goals. For some it can really mess up your swing, for others, they will only see the speed increases, others will get hurt and they might stop pursuing it because of that.

Last nights numbers -

Best Speeds-

Light - 131

Medium - 126

Heavy - 120

You do have a weird issue with the green stick. Several people I have seen their numbers for each stick, pretty consistent increases for each stick. Your green stick speed does not fit. From what I have observed for these people....

Blue is 105.38% of Red

Green is 114.45% of Red

So you should be at 126 mph blue (which you are) and 137 mph green or there about. Maybe it just feels too light and you dump speed before radar?

You may be right. Since after warming up my Green is the first swings since that's what the protocol says to do. Then the 2nd round with the green is right after the red, so it feels super light and yesterday I felt like I was loose and getting great speeds, which I was, just not with the green. I am going to keep an eye on my numbers and see if this is just an abnormality with the last two workouts or an issue with the club being so light.

I made my set longer, anyone swingweight them, my green is a little heavy at 274 and my heavy is 372, my driver is 329grams, blue is good

taylor p790 17 degree
taylormade p760 3-pw
vokey 50--56--60

Hi, for those who have bought the system, did you get more detailed instructions? Or do you just follow the instructions on their website? I found the junior and stability instructions to be quite vague and short online. For example, “stability 1” has you standing on a pad for 30 seconds,that’s it? 3x a week for 30 seconds each time? Thanks

So I bought a new driver and finally got the dream build I always wanted. I suddenly found myself motivated to start back up the SuperSpeed system after not doing it for over a year. Had to purchase a new Radar and the first time out was not pretty. Wow was I ought of shape and the speeds were slow. My forearms and wrists have lost so much not doing the program and hitting some balls with the TS2, My club head speed was only 100mph and felt like it took some effort to reach that. Im on my 3rd session in the past 12 days and last nights session, Im already seeing 105-107mph with the blue club. Practice rounds for my golf league start April 2nd and I fully anticipate getting up over 110mph by then. I may switch it up this year and just use my one shaft that has no head on it. The 3 club system seems good for building overall strength but the super light shaft builds speed 10x faster.

Titleist TS3 9.5* Aldila Rogue Silver 110 60X
Titleist 915F 15* Aldila Rogue Silver 110 70X
Titleist 816 H2 Aldila Rogue Silver 110 85X
Titleist T100 Project X 5.5
Titleist Vokey SM8 50/54/58 Project X 5.5
Scotty Cameron Squareback 2
Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist -ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

Was just placing an order, but $300 then another $26 to ship? C'mon man

If you haven't already do a search here on the BST, seen a couple of listings for them recently

DRIVER -     PXG Gen 4 0811X - 8* | 🔥PROXIMA 5S🔥
2 WD -         PXG Gen 4  13* |  🔥KHT AUTOFLEX SF505🔥

5 / 7 WD-    PXG Gen 5 | Project X Riptide CB 4.0 40g Ladies 

IRONS -       PXG Gen 6 XP DOUBLE BLACK | MMT 80 Stiff                     
WEDGES -  PXG Sugar Daddy II 54*/13 and 58*/10 | MMT 80 Stiff  
GRIPS -       JUMBOMAX ULTRALIGHT XL
PUTTER -   LAB DF 3.0 
BAG -           PXG Staff Bag