Mizuno 919 Hot Metal Pro Series.

vanya

The offset progression looks like it would be tough to blend these with the Forged and/or Tour. Seems a bit weird that the offset is les than the both the Forged and the Tour, but it's a really good looking club. Definitely planning on adding these to my testing list for the upcoming season.

https://golf.mizunoe...mparison-table/

The HMP has slightly more offset than the Tour.

It would have made more sense to have the offset be more than the forged, less than the Original HM, but it looks likes it's between the tour and the forge.

Agree. Saw these today and I didn't like the look at address. The combination of minimal offset, but chunky lines looked weird to me. I actually liked the looks of the regular HM better. Didn't hit either of them though.

I think you guys are spot on. Really want to like the HM Pro but I don't think the look matches the target player. Offset should have been between Forged and regular HM.

Mizuno should have followed Titleist' lead a little more where they put the AP3 directly between the AP2 and AP1, that's how the HM Pro should have been designed. HM Pro has been going back and looking at the AP3...

Does anyone remember the MX-20 and MX-23 irons? Don't understand why Mizuno can't build those, a forged GI iron...

The offset progression looks like it would be tough to blend these with the Forged and/or Tour. Seems a bit weird that the offset is les than the both the Forged and the Tour, but it's a really good looking club. Definitely planning on adding these to my testing list for the upcoming season.

https://golf.mizunoe...mparison-table/

The HMP has slightly more offset than the Tour.

It would have made more sense to have the offset be more than the forged, less than the Original HM, but it looks likes it's between the tour and the forge.

Agree. Saw these today and I didn't like the look at address. The combination of minimal offset, but chunky lines looked weird to me. I actually liked the looks of the regular HM better. Didn't hit either of them though.

I think you guys are spot on. Really want to like the HM Pro but I don't think the look matches the target player. Offset should have been between Forged and regular HM.

Mizuno should have followed Titleist' lead a little more where they put the AP3 directly between the AP2 and AP1, that's how the HM Pro should have been designed. HM Pro has been going back and looking at the AP3...

Does anyone remember the Mizuno MX-20/MX-23 design? Why can't miz bring this back? A forged GI with medium offset...919 forged is close but I still think the MX-20/MX-23s were more forgiving...

I disagree with you assessments. Mizuno doesn’t follow anybody’s lead, hey do things their own way. The clubs fit the better player distance club niche perfectly in every regard. My MMC’s are now second string.

Ping G430 Max 10K 10.5° driver - Diamana GT 60S

Ping G430 Max 15° #3 fairway - Diamana TB 70S

Ping G430 Max 21° #7 fairway - Diamana TB 80S

Ping G430 Max 26° #5 hybrid - MMTh 90S

Mizuno Pro 243 4-PW irons - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 48°-10S wedge - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 54°-10S and 60°-06X wedges - MMT Scoring Wedge 105S

Ping PLD Ally Blue 4

Titleist Pro V1x

I like the design and where it fits. I personally am more sensitive to offset than thickness, at least top-line thickness. When I tried the 919 range it was sort of tough to tell the difference, especially given I knew ahead of time one was thicker and I put it right next to the other.

I'm taking both the forged and Hot Metal Pro (2 of my final 4 with the z585 and G410) into my fitting at the end of the month, and if the results are close i'll be going HMP all day. Best combo of looks/feel/price in my opinion but of course the performance is the big one.

Just pre ordered 4-9 C taper Lite X. I really like there's no upcharge, even for align grips. Got a S18 45 as PW to make an even wedge set. Will report back once I hit them.

I am curious as to what your swing speed is with a 7 iron since you got fit into the CTLX? I was fit into C-Taper X and X-100 with shaft optimizer but I use the CTLX and love it because it is very stiff and brings swingweight down on overlength clubs. I have always wondered what type/speed player gets fitted to CTLX.

Just purchased the 5-GW with KBS Tour C-Taper Lites ...super pumped

PING G430 LST 10.5° | DIAMANA GT 60X

COBRA DARKSPEED X 3HF 16.5° | HZRDUS BLACK 70X

PING G425 7W 20.5° | DIAMANA GT 70X

SRIXON ZX5 5-6 | MMT TAPER 105TX

SRIXON ZX7 7-PW | MMT TAPER 105TX

PING GLIDE 4.0 50°/54°/58° | MMT WEDGE 125TX

ODYSSEY TRI-HOT 5K SEVEN DB

SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND 

Just got my new Hot Metal Pros today, 4-PW + the Generic 919 GW (went back and forth on this a lot but decided to give it a try since the look at address did blend pretty well.. didn't actually notice more offset on the GW to my eye, possibly because of the leading edge grind?... and then able to match shafts and grips easy was nice).

Did two different fittings and both times the HMPs came out on top. Was fit into either the Modus 3 105 S or the KBS C Taper Lite 110 S and ended up liking the little bit of extra weight on the KBS (my Mizuno DNA iron swing speed is only 85... don't kick me off GolfWRX!).

Next closest irons I liked were the Srixon z585s (looking at same shafts) and while I had a few extra yards with them, had a bit tighter dispersion on the Mizunos (I think I got along better with the less offset) and liked the Mizuno feel better as well. Although these aren't forged (the Srixon's I think are a forged body that they then weld a face onto), they still have that nice Mizuno "thud" when you hit them pure while the Srixon's had more of a "thwack" to me.

Love the look of these at address but the sole width is a no go for me I'm afraid

Did you hit them? What are you playing now?

I’ve done indoor and outdoor testing. The way Mizuno countoured the sole I found the HM Pro’s went through the turf very well. Same out of thick juicy winter rough. My MMC’s have thinner soles than the HM Pro and I had zero issues. I hit my wife’s HM irons without any issue with the sole.

Ping G430 Max 10K 10.5° driver - Diamana GT 60S

Ping G430 Max 15° #3 fairway - Diamana TB 70S

Ping G430 Max 21° #7 fairway - Diamana TB 80S

Ping G430 Max 26° #5 hybrid - MMTh 90S

Mizuno Pro 243 4-PW irons - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 48°-10S wedge - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 54°-10S and 60°-06X wedges - MMT Scoring Wedge 105S

Ping PLD Ally Blue 4

Titleist Pro V1x

Just wanted to provide a follow up on my True Spec fitting I had this past weekend. I specifically asked to have the HMP's put into the testing rotation. I have nothing but positive things to say. Unless you are looking for a blade these should appeal to just about every golfer down by the ball. They inspire confidence, but are not off-putting with head size, offset, and/or top line.

That being said, my numbers were good and forgiveness was there - Certainly both far better than my gamers now, which I just don't have the game to play anymore at this stage in my life haha... perhaps I never had the game to play them, but I was at least able to get around well enough with them. In the end the Apex Pro's just seemed to beat the HMPs out in every facet during my fitting. I was amazed with the distance from the Pros when considering the head size and package of the club. I'm not a fanboy of any brand, and quite frankly had no intention of even putting the Pros to the test as I was thinking I'd be happier with the HMPs, 790s, i500 or something in that line of clubs.

As for the HMPs I would still not hesitate to recommend them to any golfer looking for a new set. If you aren't planning on getting fit for "optimal" club performance and want a sure fire win with your purchase I can't find one reason why these wouldn't be worth at least considering.

TaylorMade Stealth 7.25º | Fujikura Ventus Black 6X
TaylorMade SIM2 13.5º | Diamana Thump 75X
Cobra F6 Baffler 17.5º | Diamana Thump 85X
Titleist T100s | Dynamic Gold X7
TaylorMade MG3 50º, 55º, 60º Hi Toe  | Dynamic Gold X7
PXG One & Done | Armlock

mine arrived today. 4,5 HM, 6-pw HMP. modus 105 S. looking to try them against my i200s with power spec. i am not expecting too much difference, perhaps a little more forgiveness in HMP, although the i200s have considerable more offset and sole geography, but a thinner topline.

• Mizuno STZ 220 Driver
  • Mizuno STX 220 3w
  • Mizuno STX 220 Hybrid
  • Mizuno Pro 225/223 Irons 
  • Mizuno T22 Copper Wedges
  • Mizuno/Timeless Putters
  • Titleist Pro V1 Ball

Coming from the i210's in power spec the HM Pro's are considerably longer. But they also seem to be more forgiving. With the one round I have played with the HM Pro's its a small sample size but I like what I see.

SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND 

How does the impact feel compared to the I200 or I210?

To me...and this is a personal thing. I think they feel pretty similar in terms of softness. The i210's might be a tad softer but that could all be dependent on consistency of strike/type of ball you use etc. I have an impact on the face that is roughly all over the place so that added forgiveness and looks of the HM Pro won me over.

SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND 

I'm interested in the HMP's, but having a tough time finding a list of available shafts. These aren't even an option to purchase off the Canadian site yet.

As I'm aging I'm finding that graphite shafts help prevent a lot of the wrist and elbow discomfort I've been feeling.

Driver: Cobra LTDxLS @ 9º (8.25º) w/ Fujikura Speeder TR 661s

Fairway: Callaway Mavrik 4W @ 16º w/ ProjectX Evenflow Black 70s

Hybrid: Sub70 939x 4H @ 21º w/ ProjectX Black Hybrid 6.0

Irons: Artisan HC 4/5 w/ Steelfiber i95cw Stiff; 6-PW w/ Steelfiber i110cw Stiff

Wedges: Artisan Raw 51º, 56º, 61º w/ Modus 120s (to  be re-shafted with Steelfibers to match irons)

Putter: Artisan 0318 Deep Milled

I'm interested in the HMP's, but having a tough time finding a list of available shafts. These aren't even an option to purchase off the Canadian site yet.

As I'm aging I'm finding that graphite shafts help prevent a lot of the wrist and elbow discomfort I've been feeling.

You can order any of the available Mizuno iron shafts with them.

So, I found the shafts/grips link. Only three options for graphite: True Temper ProjectX LZ, LZ Tour and the Recoil 95. Not exactly a plethora of options.

Driver: Cobra LTDxLS @ 9º (8.25º) w/ Fujikura Speeder TR 661s

Fairway: Callaway Mavrik 4W @ 16º w/ ProjectX Evenflow Black 70s

Hybrid: Sub70 939x 4H @ 21º w/ ProjectX Black Hybrid 6.0

Irons: Artisan HC 4/5 w/ Steelfiber i95cw Stiff; 6-PW w/ Steelfiber i110cw Stiff

Wedges: Artisan Raw 51º, 56º, 61º w/ Modus 120s (to  be re-shafted with Steelfibers to match irons)

Putter: Artisan 0318 Deep Milled

Love the look of these at address but the sole width is a no go for me I'm afraid

Did you hit them? What are you playing now?

I’ve done indoor and outdoor testing. The way Mizuno countoured the sole I found the HM Pro’s went through the turf very well. Same out of thick juicy winter rough. My MMC’s have thinner soles than the HM Pro and I had zero issues. I hit my wife’s HM irons without any issue with the sole.

I am playing the SC and yes I have tried them both indoors and out. It may just be psychological but I have always been very sensitive to sole width - I guess we are all different

Hit both the Hot Metal and HM Pro side by side today. Agree 100% with the sole comment. Not exactly like you but I went in thinking HM was all mine but shot after shot was much cleaner contact with the HM Pro. Thinner sole of the Pro made a big difference for my swing. Really wish the HM Pro had the same offset as the forged...!

How are those people that opted for the Hot Metal Gap Wedge fairing?

SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND 

SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND 

I didnt get to hit HMP today but had the 9 iron in my hand. Very compact from heel to toe and nice topline. I was very impressed with looks at address. I really dislike the 919 forged in the looks department so I was really surprised how much I liked these. Fitter carries all the major brands and said they are selling a ton of it the HMP already. I was also told that Brooks Koepka has put a 4 iron HMP in his bag. Will have to see if that is true tomorrow when the Players starts.

So, I found the shafts/grips link. Only three options for graphite: True Temper ProjectX LZ, LZ Tour and the Recoil 95. Not exactly a plethora of options.

Recoil is an option for the HMP? Got a link?

Bag 1                                                                 Bag 2
Ping G400 LST 10                                             Epon Technicity 9
Ping G400 3W 14.5                                          TM R9 3W 14
Ping G400 3H 19                                              Miura 3H 19
Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal Pro 5-P               Epon 503 4-P Nippon Super Peening Orange
Mizuno s18 50, 54, 58                                     Miura 51, 56 k-grind
Bettinardi BB1                                                  Scotty Cameron Newport 2