Cobra's new King F9 Speedback Driver, Woods, Hybrids and Irons (NO BUY SELL TRADE POSTS)

GolfWRX

so wrapped up in driver, did not even notice there is a regular and 'tour" 3 wood.

What are thoughts on the tour 3w?

I picked up the F9 Tour fairway after testing it against both of the Epic Flash models, both Titleist TS models, and all the Taylormade stuff. All this was done at GG on GC2. Both objectively and subjectively, it blew everything else away. Granted this was all indoors hitting into a net. After purchase, I hit it off the mats at my local outdoor range (in 30* weather) and liked it, didn't love it. Like a true ho'er of clubs, I put it on the BST thinking I would fall in love with the G410 LST fairway.

Well, I'm glad I didn't get rid of the Cobra. I was able to finally get some semi-agreeable Ohio weather and have now had it on the course twice. She's a keeper.

Ping G430 LST 10* 

Callaway Apex UW 19*

PXG 0211 XCOR2 Dark 5-L

Ping PLD Oslo 3

Titleist Pro V1 

F9 tour 3w with the atx tour green 75tx is a good good setup

Really like it. Not mine but it could go in my bag easy

You hit that thing a mile. Looks good with that green shaft. LOL

Driver: Cobra LTDxLS @ 9º (8.25º) w/ Fujikura Speeder TR 661s

Fairway: Callaway Mavrik 4W @ 16º w/ ProjectX Evenflow Black 70s

Hybrid: Sub70 939x 4H @ 21º w/ ProjectX Black Hybrid 6.0

Irons: Artisan HC 4/5 w/ Steelfiber i95cw Stiff; 6-PW w/ Steelfiber i110cw Stiff

Wedges: Artisan Raw 51º, 56º, 61º w/ Modus 120s (to  be re-shafted with Steelfibers to match irons)

Putter: Artisan 0318 Deep Milled

Anyone try using the same weight in both the front/rear position? Sort of a "neutral" setup?

I have the 10/6 instead of the 14/2. Haven't hit it that way just yet. Hope to do so over the next couple of days

Driver: Cobra LTDxLS @ 9º (8.25º) w/ Fujikura Speeder TR 661s

Fairway: Callaway Mavrik 4W @ 16º w/ ProjectX Evenflow Black 70s

Hybrid: Sub70 939x 4H @ 21º w/ ProjectX Black Hybrid 6.0

Irons: Artisan HC 4/5 w/ Steelfiber i95cw Stiff; 6-PW w/ Steelfiber i110cw Stiff

Wedges: Artisan Raw 51º, 56º, 61º w/ Modus 120s (to  be re-shafted with Steelfibers to match irons)

Putter: Artisan 0318 Deep Milled

I need to get me some extra weights.

Same here. I want to try a 6g instead of 2g in the front. Swing weight would be ~D4

does anyone know where i can get a 6g weight? cobra's sight says its back ordered

Driver: Ping G430 Max 10K Kai'li White 60x

3w: Epic Flash Hzrdus 70x

Hybrid: Cally Apex 19°

4i-Pw: Ping i200 PX 6.0

Wedges: SM9 50° / 54° / 58°

Putter: Cally Ten S

i got my F9 a month ago. i've played some rounds with it, had different shafts in it (HZRDUS Black 65g 6.5 tipped 1", ATX Green Graphene proto 75TX tipped 1/2", DF 70TX tipped 1", and Rogue 130 White 60TX tipped 1") and had tons of simulator time spent with it. here's what i've noticed:

- ball speeds are higher than my m3 ever was

- dispersion is incredible front to back -- with the right shaft, the side to side was fixed

- it launches low comparatively, loft for loft to other heads

- i have tried the following weights: 18g, 14g, 10g, 2g -- and finally set my club to 18g front/10g rear

- every now and then i get low flight laser beams (attributed to swing obviously); that just never stop rolling

Qi10 LS / 8* (dialed to 8.75*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Qi10 Tour / 3w / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

i got my F9 a month ago. i've played some rounds with it, had different shafts in it (HZRDUS Black 65g 6.5 tipped 1", ATX Green Graphene proto 75TX tipped 1/2", DF 70TX tipped 1", and Rogue 130 White 60TX tipped 1") and had tons of simulator time spent with it. here's what i've noticed:

- dispersion is incredible front to back -- with the right shaft, the side to side was fixed

- i have tried the following weights: 18g, 14g, 10g, 2g -- and finally set my club to 18g front/10g rear

- every now and then i get low flight laser beams (attributed to swing obviously); that just never stop rolling

Ever gamed LTD pro? I have a love hate with mine still. Final straw is putting a 44'' shaft to offset my stupid heavy head weight of 208g. D3 at 44'', no mods anywhere that I've done. Already low static lie now dynamically even lower with the shortened shaft, 0% chance of ever hitting a draw.

If I can't get this set up to work I'm probably moving to F9, but my shaft tipped .5'' may put launch too low.

Ever gamed LTD pro? I have a love hate with mine still. Final straw is putting a 44'' shaft to offset my stupid heavy head weight of 208g. D3 at 44'', no mods anywhere that I've done. Already low static lie now dynamically even lower with the shortened shaft, 0% chance of ever hitting a draw.

If I can't get this set up to work I'm probably moving to F9, but my shaft tipped .5'' may put launch too low.

nah last cobra driver i owned was a bio cell plus; the only one i've considered since is the F8+. I just couldn't get past the 'spaceport' thing in the bottom.

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

Gotta agree with my man Gioguy above. The F9 produces some hot bullets.

I've played 2 rounds at my home course with it and it is definitely longer than my Ping GMax by a significant amount. It spins about 400 less for me with roughly 2-3 mph more ball speed. The Atmos 6x is a tad stouter than my AD IZ 6x though, and I have to be careful not to yank on the handle in an attempt to get the same loading feeling I get with the IZ.

Still, this past weekend we had a club match play tournament so I put the GMax back in the bag since I just dont have enough time with the F9 under my belt and I've got a ton of confidence with the Max. I'm encouraged by the flatter flight, lower spin, ball speed and distance of the F9, but it's yet to be determined if it's a keeper. GMax is overall very tough to beat

USGA Index: ~0

[b]WITB[/b]:
Ping G410 LST 9 degree - Tour AD IZ 6x
Ping G410 LST - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
Kasco K2K 33 - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
Callaway RazrX Tour 4h - Tour 95 shaft
Ping i200 5-UW (2 flat) - Nippon Modus 105X
Taylormade HiToe 54 (bent to 55 & 2 flat)
Taylormade HiToe 64 (Bent to 62 & 2 flat)
Palmer AP30R putter (circa 1960s)
Taylormade TP5X Ball

Gotta agree with my man Gioguy above. The F9 produces some hot bullets.

I've played 2 rounds at my home course with it and it is definitely longer than my Ping GMax by a significant amount. It spins about 400 less for me with roughly 2-3 mph more ball speed. The Atmos 6x is a tad stouter than my AD IZ 6x though, and I have to be careful not to yank on the handle in an attempt to get the same loading feeling I get with the IZ.

Still, this past weekend we had a club match play tournament so I put the GMax back in the bag since I just dont have enough time with the F9 under my belt and I've got a ton of confidence with the Max. I'm encouraged by the flatter flight, lower spin, ball speed and distance of the F9, but it's yet to be determined if it's a keeper. GMax is overall very tough to beat

i too feel this way. i'm not 100% sold on it.

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

nah last cobra driver i owned was a bio cell plus; the only one i've considered since is the F8+. I just couldn't get past the 'spaceport' thing in the bottom.

Bummer, apparently LTD is like a unicorn and has a semi cult following here. I hopped on the band wagon and I'm not sold on it yet. For a guy like me that's still not consistent with my driver swing and a sometimes too wide in to out path, a very fade biased driver is a danger to any human on a fairway to my left.

Guys tell me to give regular LTD a shot which sits a bit more upright.... But I'd have to loft down and the site of an open face makes me pretty handsie.

Hit 9* F9 in store and really liked it. Spun like a top but I attribute that to the 50g R flex that the guy gave me. Apparently I look like 60 year old man. Straightest drives I've seen myself hit on a sim.

Bummer, apparently LTD is like a unicorn and has a semi cult following here. I hopped on the band wagon and I'm not sold on it yet. For a guy like me that's still not consistent with my driver swing and a sometimes too wide in to out path, a very fade biased driver is a danger to any human on a fairway to my left.

Guys tell me to give regular LTD a shot which sits a bit more upright.... But I'd have to loft down and the site of an open face makes me pretty handsie.

Hit 9* F9 in store and really liked it. Spun like a top but I attribute that to the 50g R flex that the guy gave me. Apparently I look like 60 year old man. Straightest drives I've seen myself hit on a sim.

lol yea i know wrx'ers love the LTD Pro...

the F9 with std weight setup did spin a lot for me in-store -- however, with the 18g up front and a shaft switch -- it was good to go. the problem (at face value) with the F9 is the head is very very light (mentioned here a bit). however, once you figure the weights/shaft figured out - the spin drops. i'm down with my rogue 130 white to 2100-2300 rpms...

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

lol yea i know wrx'ers love the LTD Pro...

the F9 with std weight setup did spin a lot for me in-store -- however, with the 18g up front and a shaft switch -- it was good to go. the problem (at face value) with the F9 is the head is very very light (mentioned here a bit). however, once you figure the weights/shaft figured out - the spin drops. i'm down with my rogue 130 white to 2100-2300 rpms...

Yeah I had the weight back 50R Indiana Jones whip shaft set up, so that's to be expected. I'm feeling a lot more confident with a shorter driver these days anyway, so I'd go after market weights regardless. I'd rather get a lighter head and fill it with weight than to have something already at the max end of weight as is.

LTD felt like Thor's hammer when I mistakenly played it at stock 45.5''. X flex was playing like senior flex it seemed.

Weather finally clearing up this weekend, will get the F9 and M6 outdoors to get some legit flight scope data. Indoors the F9 is the ball speed king. Nearly the same shaft/length/SW..the F9 is consistently 2-3mph higher..both the average and the fastest vs the fastest. Forgiveness across the face is also crazy. 167 is my current peak, but even low strikes are way up there (165ish). Even though high strikes feel terrible, ball speed is still up there as well.

Weather finally clearing up this weekend, will get the F9 and M6 outdoors to get some legit flight scope data. Indoors the F9 is the ball speed king. Nearly the same shaft/length/SW..the F9 is consistently 2-3mph higher..both the average and the fastest vs the fastest. Forgiveness across the face is also crazy. 167 is my current peak, but even low strikes are way up there (165ish). Even though high strikes feel terrible, ball speed is still up there as well.

This is my biggest attraction to F9 relative to LTD. Center strikes I would assume barely any difference but it's the low on the face ball where I end up getting killed in distance. If I could only lose 2mph speed from a bottom hit, that would be awesome.

I was tinkering with lead tape and found that the 2g plastic weight has some gaps in the bottom. I just bought some tungsten putty and will try filling some of the little gaps in the bottom of the weight to get sw higher. $8 on amazon instead of a $25 weight from cobra. will see how it goes.

https://www.amazon.com/Pinewood-Derby-Weights-Tungsten-Fastest/dp/B004AG3C3W/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=tungsten+putty&qid=1552411894&s=gateway&sr=8-3

Same reason I got it. My miss tends to be low on the face from addting too much tilt. I remember matt from TXG getting nearly 180 from strikes way low on the face.

Yeah it was beast for him. Even when he was pumping his LST I think he was still only around 178 or so?

By the way, not sure if you are into that whole Toronto golf scene or whatever, but Matt's coach Larry has a student named Wes who can see 185 ball speed. And to top it off, he's not a big guy at all.

My goal is 9 HC this year, from 14. If and when I hit it I will probably "treat" myself to the F9. Just not sure if that'll lead me down the shaft rabbit hole again.

Same reason I got it. My miss tends to be low on the face from addting too much tilt. I remember matt from TXG getting nearly 180 from strikes way low on the face.

I wonder why we haven’t seen Matt put the F9 in the bag. I know it’s still winter there and he probably hasn’t played much but he still refers to the G400 LST as his gamer. He hasn’t even seemed to hint at the possibility of replacing it with the F9 since the F9 video. Maybe he’s addressed this in the live Q&A at some point.

I wonder why we haven’t seen Matt put the F9 in the bag. I know it’s still winter there and he probably hasn’t played much but he still refers to the G400 LST as his gamer. He hasn’t even seemed to hint at the possibility of replacing it with the F9 since the F9 video. Maybe he’s addressed this in the live Q&A at some point.

He's probably waiting to get fully fit into some of the other heads. I can't recall 100% but I do remember him saying the ST190 was a slight edge on the Cobra for him as far as top dawg this year.

He may also just feel extremely comfortable over the LST. He can still hit that thing 340 on the simulator, and unless he's going to play an Open style 7600 yard course... I don't think he will regularly need drives of more than 340. And if he did... He'd probably go for more like something in the M5 realm that produces crazy low spin low launch bullets, although he didn't seem to have that going on in the recent M5/M6 review.