2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Video Games

mwink822

Been playing a lot of Black Ops 4 Blackout. Pretty fun, I like the slower pace of it in comparison to fortnite. Might give PUBG a try. Really into the battle royale modes. Might have to cop BFV on discount when their battle royale mode drops.

Taylormade M2 10.5° [color=#0000ff]Graphite Design AD-BB 7x[/color]
Titleist 913 FD 15° [color=#a9a9a9]Diamana 'Ahina 70x[/color]
Titleist 716 AP2 3 iron [color=#a9a9a9]Accra 110i[/color]
Titleist 716 MB 4-PW [color=#0000ff]Project X 6.0[/color]
Vokey [color=#000000]Jet Black [/color]SM7 52° 56° 60° [color=#000000]S400 Tour Issue Black Onyx[/color]
Scotty Cameron Newport [color=#daa520]Teryllium[/color] Sole Stamp

Been playing a lot of Black Ops 4 Blackout. Pretty fun, I like the slower pace of it in comparison to fortnite. Might give PUBG a try. Really into the battle royale modes. Might have to cop BFV on discount when their battle royale mode drops.

I loved Battle Field 4. One of my favorite FPS. I would think they would be a perfect candidate for a battle royal game mode. They already have the capability to host at least 64 players in one lobby. The maps are huge as is in some modes.

Cobra LTDx LS 10.5* w/Kai'Li 70TX
Ping G430 Max 15* w/OG Ventus Blue 7X
Titleist TSR2 7w w/Ventus Red TR 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Bettinardi BB1 w/UST Mamiya All-In Graphite 
Mizuno Copper T22 52, 56, 60 w/MCA MMT 125TX Wedge Shafts
TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

I'm big into Blackout on COD now, first video game I've played a decent amount of in years.

I am too. I started off decent at it. But, I feel like I've gotten too conservative for some reason. I need to get aggressive and hunt down some kills rather than waiting for the right opportunity to pounce.

TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

Big news that Bungie and Activision parted ways on Destiny.

Not sure if thats a good or bad thing for Destiny as a game. More freedom and less stringent timelines for releases of stuff, but lose those deep pockets...

TBD - G430 Max 15* - 818 H2 19*- Sub 70 Pro 23* - i525 6-U - SM9 54* / 58* / 62*  - F22

Big news that Bungie and Activision parted ways on Destiny.

Not sure if thats a good or bad thing for Destiny as a game. More freedom and less stringent timelines for releases of stuff, but lose those deep pockets...

I saw that. From what I remember about the original Destiny, a lot of things were cut at the direction of Activision. I am excited about this moving forward. I had D2, but thought it was worse than the original Destiny game. I also got just flat out burned out from all of the grinding and endless hours in orbit. I like the concept and hope that with one less company involved in the decision making process will make for less friction when it comes to making decisions. I don't think I am too far off base when I say that Activision cares more about generating revenue than they do coming out with a kick a** game.

When D3 comes out eventually, I will wait for reviews before purchasing. Not falling for that trap again. I was part of a pretty cool group of individuals that regularly played together. We all met through the game looking for people to run raids with. At one point, we would have two raid groups going with people in waiting to jump in if needed. I miss that part of the game.

In the meantime, I am doing the same with Anthem. Eager to see what comes of it.

TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

Just logged my first solo win in Blackout. Took me 82 tries, but I finally got it. My heart is racing so damn bad right now that I have to step away from the game for a little bit.

Circle ended on the top of Hydro Dam. Didn't run into anyone until there were only a handful of people left. I stockpiled 5 cluster bombs and just started spamming them once I realized I was one of the last 4 left.

TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

I'm big into Blackout on COD now, first video game I've played a decent amount of in years.

I am too. I started off decent at it. But, I feel like I've gotten too conservative for some reason. I need to get aggressive and hunt down some kills rather than waiting for the right opportunity to pounce.

Yup Im the same way

Titleist TSi3 10* w/ Tour AD GP-6
Titleist U510 16* w/ HZRDUS Smoke 
Titleist 818H2 21* w/ Alidila Rogue 
Titleist 712 AP2 w/ X100
Titleist Vokey SM6 50/56/60
Scotty Cameron 009 1.5 Neck

• 1 month later...

Who's played the apex legends?

I have some, I just can't stand battle royale games for some reason.

Plus the biggest issue I've had is 1: the armor is way too strong, it takes clips and clips of bullets to kill a guy with a purple shield, 2: the stock guns aren't very good, so you have to hope to get extended mags, and 3: the ammo economy is pretty poor. I can get why people like it, but its not for John...

TBD - G430 Max 15* - 818 H2 19*- Sub 70 Pro 23* - i525 6-U - SM9 54* / 58* / 62*  - F22

• 2 weeks later...

Who's played the apex legends?

I have some, I just can't stand battle royale games for some reason.

Plus the biggest issue I've had is 1: the armor is way too strong, it takes clips and clips of bullets to kill a guy with a purple shield, 2: the stock guns aren't very good, so you have to hope to get extended mags, and 3: the ammo economy is pretty poor. I can get why people like it, but its not for John...

On the opposite side of the coin, if you run the right set up ammo shouldn't matter for example, the Wingman/Peacekeeper set up. But, I can understand where you are coming from.

I for one love Apex, the TTK is a little long by my aim has improved so much because of it. I love the special tactics each character has. I normally run Bloodhound and Mirage. IMO it has that early Fortnite feel and everyone is on the same level playing field. No building, strictly tactics and gunplay. It will be interesting to see where they go from here.

Taylormade M2 10.5° [color=#0000ff]Graphite Design AD-BB 7x[/color]
Titleist 913 FD 15° [color=#a9a9a9]Diamana 'Ahina 70x[/color]
Titleist 716 AP2 3 iron [color=#a9a9a9]Accra 110i[/color]
Titleist 716 MB 4-PW [color=#0000ff]Project X 6.0[/color]
Vokey [color=#000000]Jet Black [/color]SM7 52° 56° 60° [color=#000000]S400 Tour Issue Black Onyx[/color]
Scotty Cameron Newport [color=#daa520]Teryllium[/color] Sole Stamp

• 2 weeks later...

I've still been playing a ton of Destiny 2. Looking forward to dismissing my class tonight so I can get in on the reset for the week and grind back up to max level for the latest expansion. I do really like the new changes to Gambit. I still think that PvP sucks pretty bad with no rift mode and no ability to actually pick what game mode you want to go into. Makes getting bounties done a royal pain at times (i.e. I have a bounty for control and repeatedly wind up with clash)

Titleist TS4 8.5* Diamana D+ LTD 70 X
Titleist 917F2 18* (turned down to 17.25*) Diamana S+ 80X
4 - 718 Titleist AP3 Project X 6.0
4-P 718 Titleist AP2 Project X 6.0
White Satin Mizuno MP T7 51-08 Modus 3 105X
Blue Ion Mizuno MP T7 55-09 Modus 3 105X Soft Stepped
Blue Ion Mizuno MP T7 59-09 Modus 3 105X Soft Stepped
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Fastback 1

I've still been playing a ton of Destiny 2. Looking forward to dismissing my class tonight so I can get in on the reset for the week and grind back up to max level for the latest expansion. I do really like the new changes to Gambit. I still think that PvP sucks pretty bad with no rift mode and no ability to actually pick what game mode you want to go into. Makes getting bounties done a royal pain at times (i.e. I have a bounty for control and repeatedly wind up with clash)

They took away the playlist selection? I quit playing D2 before the first hardmode raid was released for it. I have heard that the expansions have really improved things, but my entire crew is burned out on it too.

TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

They took away the playlist selection? I quit playing D2 before the first hardmode raid was released for it. I have heard that the expansions have really improved things, but my entire crew is burned out on it too.

Only playlist selection is for Quickplay, Rumble, or Competitive. Quickplay is a playlist that keeps teams together and just randomly drops you into a control or clash match. Competitive is likewise, but 4vr4 and bounces between survival, countdown, clash, and control. no ability to pick the specific game mode you want to play within.

Still playing Red Dead Redemption 2 online. Even in beta form, bugs and all, I love it. It's best played with a posse. I can't wait until the official release of it and most bugs and glitches get worked out. I don't know if I will ever get back to the single player story.

When I'm not playing RDR2 I play Battlefield V. The classes have been rebalanced nicely. I play a sniper/scout and medic mostly.

My online friends are wanting me to play other games with them now. Should I get Anthem or the Division 2 or other?

TEE CB2 13* 3w, 43.5", 57g Fujikura Motore F1 X-flex
TEE CB2 15* 3w, 43" 65g Fujikura Motore F1 S-flex
Miura Black Boron 1957 Small Blades 2i-PW, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
Miura Black Wedges 53* and 60*, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
GripMaster Club Maker's Stitchback Grips
34" Piretti Bosa, GripMaster Pistol Grip

Registered Bladeocrat
Outlaw Golf Association Member #7

Still playing Red Dead Redemption 2 online. Even in beta form, bugs and all, I love it. It's best played with a posse. I can't wait until the official release of it and most bugs and glitches get worked out. I don't know if I will ever get back to the single player story.

When I'm not playing RDR2 I play Battlefield V. The classes have been rebalanced nicely. I play a sniper/scout and medic mostly.

My online friends are wanting me to play other games with them now. Should I get Anthem or the Division 2 or other?

RDR2 Online was soooooooooo bad I quit the week it came out. Can you play poker against your friends yet?

RDR2 Online was soooooooooo bad I quit the week it came out. Can you play poker against your friends yet?

No poker, unfortunately and disappointedly. I get that there are issues with it but I've been a Red Dead fan since Revolver and so I am a loving fan boi of all things Red Dead. I've loved the online since day 1 release of it and to me it just keeps getting better and better. That said, Red Dead 1 online is still better than 2 is today. And trust me I have huge issues with a lot of things about it. But as a beta I give R* a Mulligan and won't pass final judgement until it goes official.

Registered Bladeocrat

No poker, unfortunately and disappointedly. I get that there are issues with it but I've been a Red Dead fan since Revolver and so I am a loving fan boi of all things Red Dead. I've loved the online since day 1 release of it and to me it just keeps getting better and better. That said, Red Dead 1 online is still better than 2 is today. And trust me I have huge issues with a lot of things about it. But as a beta I give R* a Mulligan and won't pass final judgement until it goes official.

Its bad. my 2 friends i game with most play it all the time still. They just hunt and fish because the rest of the game is broken lol. We get split up playing showdown teams, the lobbies dont fill so there's never enough players, and now im seeing the same gamertags which means not many ppl are playing anymore. the free roam is broken. Its a complete mess. The horse and player movements are clunky and slow. Im a savage with the auto lock system and win quite a few showdowns, but its not a good system. a $70 gun is better than all the expensive ones...just a sorry game right now.

FWIW i thought the story mode wasnt great either. Who wants to play a guy with no athleticism, no smarts, and has TB before eventually dying? I am disappointed in R* and will just throw out there that AC Odyssey was a better game. Story made to story mode its not even close. RDR2 online makes it a little closer, but considering it sucks, not much better.

I will admit that RDR2 has the best graphics, lighting, and overall ambiance that ive ever seen. some of the landscapes, sunsets, and weather is simply incredible. Id prefer a good game though...

• Like 1

Callaway

• 2 weeks later...

> @CaddiesFault said:

> DeNinny wrote:

>

>

> kalamazoo wrote:

>

>

> DeNinny wrote:

>

>

>

> Still playing Red Dead Redemption 2 online. Even in beta form, bugs and all, I love it. It's best played with a posse. I can't wait until the official release of it and most bugs and glitches get worked out. I don't know if I will ever get back to the single player story.

>

>

>

> When I'm not playing RDR2 I play Battlefield V. The classes have been rebalanced nicely. I play a sniper/scout and medic mostly.

>

>

>

> My online friends are wanting me to play other games with them now. Should I get Anthem or the Division 2 or other?

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> RDR2 Online was soooooooooo bad I quit the week it came out. Can you play poker against your friends yet?

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> No poker, unfortunately and disappointedly. I get that there are issues with it but I've been a Red Dead fan since Revolver and so I am a loving fan boi of all things Red Dead. I've loved the online since day 1 release of it and to me it just keeps getting better and better. That said, Red Dead 1 online is still better than 2 is today. And trust me I have huge issues with a lot of things about it. But as a beta I give R* a Mulligan and won't pass final judgement until it goes official.

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Its bad. my 2 friends i game with most play it all the time still. They just hunt and fish because the rest of the game is broken lol. We get split up playing showdown teams, the lobbies dont fill so there's never enough players, and now im seeing the same gamertags which means not many ppl are playing anymore. the free roam is broken. Its a complete mess. The horse and player movements are clunky and slow. Im a savage with the auto lock system and win quite a few showdowns, but its not a good system. a $70 gun is better than all the expensive ones...just a sorry game right now.

>

>

>

> FWIW i thought the story mode wasnt great either. Who wants to play a guy with no athleticism, no smarts, and has TB before eventually dying? I am disappointed in R* and will just throw out there that AC Odyssey was a better game. Story made to story mode its not even close. RDR2 online makes it a little closer, but considering it sucks, not much better.

>

>

>

> I will admit that RDR2 has the best graphics, lighting, and overall ambiance that ive ever seen. some of the landscapes, sunsets, and weather is simply incredible. Id prefer a good game though...

LOL I'm like your two friends and also I play all the time with about 4-5 other die hards like me. For example I played all this weekend, spending the time 50-50 as a solo player and as a posse leader (The Gold Fools). Loved it on both occasions. As a solo player I was griefed on after a while and each time I was outnumbered 3:1 by three different posses. I lost my carcasses and fought each posse off in free roam...loved every bit of it. What others would have issue with by getting griefed, I enjoyed as a challenge being outnumbered.

In a posse we did everything...fought a few griefers until they all parleyed, fought some posse feuds, did some free roam missions and events, and jumped into Gun Rush and Large Showdowns. Again it's good times for us all. I really don't see the same issues as others and it gets better with every release. Also there was a time that PvP popularity was down but now it seems there are more players. Gun Rush is more popular than ever and Showdowns and Spoils of War always have a steady stream of players.

Registered Bladeocrat

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

I'm taking a break from the dismal disappointment that is the current season of Destiny 2 and playing Final Fantasy VII Remake. It is AMAZING. So many throwback moments to the original, but also some really cool tweaks to the original. This game was well worth the wait.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

PC Guy: I was loving Doom Eternal until this past Thursday, when Bethesda basically made you accept a root kit to play single player.

Still into CSGO and playing through my old Steam library. Maybe it’s time for a replay of the Half Life games and fire up some Doom WADs.

• Like 1

TSR2 8*, Ventus TR Red 7x

TSi2 15*, Diamana BF 80TX

TSR2 18°, Atmos TS Blue HB 8x 
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 21°, Recoil 110

MP-20 MMC  5-P, DG X100
SM8 50F, 54S, 58M (X7 "spinners")
Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX