Balls on the PGA Tour

propmanpropman Members Posts: 1,735 ✭✭
I know the Titleist ProVs are dominant ball on the tour (approx. 85% of the players) Be curious to see the stat breakdown for the tournament winner (i. e. for the 2018 pga season). Got a feeling the proV is not winning 85% of the tournaments.
15 hcp

Comments

  • trackcoach13trackcoach13 Members Posts: 973 ✭✭
    Winning only 22%.
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Driver: Cobra F9 w/ Aldila NV 2KXV Green 65 Stiff
    3W: Titleist 917F2 w/Fujikura Speeder Pro Tour Spec 84 Stiff [/font]

    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]2I: Srixon Z U65 18 Degree w/Miyazaki Kaula 7s
    Irons: Wilson FG Tour v6 4-GW DG S300 AMT
    Wedge: 56/11 Wilson FG Tour PMP Raw Tour Grind[/font]

    Wedge: Vokey SM6 60-12 K-Grind
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Putter: [/font]Odyssey O-WORKS Red Marxman
  • noodle3872noodle3872 Chilliwack B.C. CanadaMembers Posts: 2,675 ✭✭
    There really isn’t a bad premium ball on the market IMHO. Tour players, for the most part, play what they like best (even if that means it’s a “made for” ball)and get the performance hey want.
    Taylormade M6 driver MCA Tensei CK Pro Blue 60 S Flex
    Taylormade M6 fairway wood MCA Tensei CK Pro Blue 70 S Flex
    Taylormade M4 19° hybrid MCA OT Tour Hybrid 80 S Flex
    Taylormade M4 22° hybrid MCA OT Tour Hybrid 90 S Flex
    Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal Pro 5-PW Modus3 Tour 105 S flex
    Mizuno MP 18 MMC irons 5-PW Irons Modus3 Tour 105 S flex
    Mizuno S18 Gunmetal Wedges 50-07, 54-12, 58-08 and 62-08 Modus3 115 Wedge
    Scotty Cameron Futura 7M
    Scotty Cameron Select Fastback 2
    Titleist Yellow Pro V1
  • DavePelz4DavePelz4 A golf course in the Chicago area.ClubWRX Posts: 24,496 ClubWRX
    Quick 2019 count is 9 winners as non-Titleist. Could be a few more, too.
  • NRJyzrNRJyzr Allez Allez Allez Minnesota, USAMembers Posts: 6,361 ✭✭
    propman wrote:


    I know the Titleist ProVs are dominant ball on the tour (approx. 85% of the players) Be curious to see the stat breakdown for the tournament winner (i. e. for the 2018 pga season). Got a feeling the proV is not winning 85% of the tournaments.






    It's been a while since I checked, but the guys tied up with the ball/shoe/glove contract is about 55-60%. So it was when I last counted. <shrug>
    The Ever Changing Bag!

    Driver: Cobra King LTD, ProtoPype 80x or RIP 80x, 43.5" -or- SuperDeep 9.5*, ProtoPype 80x or NV85x, 43.5"
    3w: Cobra King LTD, Motore F1 85 X, 42.5"
    2h:  TM Stage 2 Tour, Nv105 stiff -or- 1 iron: Maxfli Revolution, DGS400
    2-PW, Golden Ram Tour Grind, Dynamic S
    SW: Ram Tour Grind Feel Matched 58*, DGS
    Putter: Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34.5", PP58 midsize grip
    (Cleveland Huntington Beach #1 35" -or- Mizuno TPM-2, 35" as backups)
    Balls: in no particular order... Wilson Staff FG Tour, Duo Urethane, or 50 Elite, Srixon ZStar/ZStar XV, Snell MTB Black... will trot out Maxfli HT-100 or Elite 90 from time to time
    Shoes by True Linkswear
  • trackcoach13trackcoach13 Members Posts: 973 ✭✭
    edited Feb 24, 2019 9:15pm #7
    DavePelz4 wrote:


    Quick 2019 count is 9 winners as non-Titleist. Could be a few more, too.


    UPDATED:

    Safeway open- Kevin Tway Pro V1

    Cimb classic- Mark leishmania Chrome soft

    CJ cup-Brooks Koepka Pro V1

    Wgc-hsbc championship- Xander Schauffele Chrome soft

    Sanderson farms- Cameron Champ Srixon Z star

    Shriners- Bryson Dechambeau Bridgestone BX

    OHL classic- Matt Kuchar Bridgestone BX

    RSM classic- Charles Howell III Pro V1

    Hero world challenge- John Rahm TP5

    Tournament of champions- Xander Schauffele Chrome soft

    Sony Open- Matt Kuchar bridgestone BX

    Career builder challenge- A. Long Pro V1

    Farmers insurance- Justin Rose Tp5

    Phoenix open- Ricky FowlerTP5

    Attached pebble beach- Phil Mickelson chrome soft

    Genesis Open- J B Holmes Srixon Z Star.

    Puerto Rico Open- Martin Trainer Srixon Z Star

    WGC-Mexico- Dustin Johnson TP5



    Titliest-4

    Callaway-4

    Taylormade-4

    Bridgestone-3

    Srixon-3





    Looks like 14 winners non-Titleist out of 18 tourneys.

    85% play for 22% wins is pretty poor actually.
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Driver: Cobra F9 w/ Aldila NV 2KXV Green 65 Stiff
    3W: Titleist 917F2 w/Fujikura Speeder Pro Tour Spec 84 Stiff [/font]

    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]2I: Srixon Z U65 18 Degree w/Miyazaki Kaula 7s
    Irons: Wilson FG Tour v6 4-GW DG S300 AMT
    Wedge: 56/11 Wilson FG Tour PMP Raw Tour Grind[/font]

    Wedge: Vokey SM6 60-12 K-Grind
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Putter: [/font]Odyssey O-WORKS Red Marxman
  • Hanlpa01Hanlpa01 Members Posts: 92 ✭✭
    Those numbers are remarkable. Does anyone know if Titleist has the lowest barrier to entry? Like to do they make an offer to anyone on the tour vs another company which might target its players better. That could potentially explain the 85% number.
  • NRJyzrNRJyzr Allez Allez Allez Minnesota, USAMembers Posts: 6,361 ✭✭
    Based on this past weekend, it's about 64% Titleist, not 85%. There were 45 guys in Mexico using Titleist, and 85 guys in Puerto Rico. This based on the cute logo they pay to put after each Titleist contracted player on the leaderboards. 132 man field in Puerto Rico, 72 in Mexico.



    Over the years, PGA Tour players have proven themselves time and again in chasing the money. They will go wherever they'll get paid. Currently, the Titleist/FootJoy ball/shoe/glove contract pays the best, so the guys who need it will gravitate there. Just as they did to TaylorMade when TMAG were paying tee money for driver usage.
    The Ever Changing Bag!

    Driver: Cobra King LTD, ProtoPype 80x or RIP 80x, 43.5" -or- SuperDeep 9.5*, ProtoPype 80x or NV85x, 43.5"
    3w: Cobra King LTD, Motore F1 85 X, 42.5"
    2h:  TM Stage 2 Tour, Nv105 stiff -or- 1 iron: Maxfli Revolution, DGS400
    2-PW, Golden Ram Tour Grind, Dynamic S
    SW: Ram Tour Grind Feel Matched 58*, DGS
    Putter: Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34.5", PP58 midsize grip
    (Cleveland Huntington Beach #1 35" -or- Mizuno TPM-2, 35" as backups)
    Balls: in no particular order... Wilson Staff FG Tour, Duo Urethane, or 50 Elite, Srixon ZStar/ZStar XV, Snell MTB Black... will trot out Maxfli HT-100 or Elite 90 from time to time
    Shoes by True Linkswear
  • propmanpropman Members Posts: 1,735 ✭✭

    DavePelz4 wrote:


    Quick 2019 count is 9 winners as non-Titleist. Could be a few more, too.


    UPDATED:

    Safeway open- Kevin Tway Pro V1

    Cimb classic- Mark leishmania Chrome soft

    CJ cup-Brooks Koepka Pro V1

    Wgc-hsbc championship- Xander Schauffele Chrome soft

    Sanderson farms- Cameron Champ Srixon Z star

    Shriners- Bryson Dechambeau Bridgestone BX

    OHL classic- Matt Kuchar Bridgestone BX

    RSM classic- Charles Howell III Pro V1

    Hero world challenge- John Rahm TP5

    Tournament of champions- Xander Schauffele Chrome soft

    Sony Open- Matt Kuchar bridgestone BX

    Career builder challenge- A. Long Pro V1

    Farmers insurance- Justin Rose Tp5

    Phoenix open- Ricky FowlerTP5

    Attached pebble beach- Phil Mickelson chrome soft

    Genesis Open- J B Holmes Srixon Z Star.

    Puerto Rico Open- Martin Trainer Srixon Z Star

    WGC-Mexico- Dustin Johnson TP5



    Titliest-4

    Callaway-4

    Taylormade-4

    Bridgestone-3

    Srixon-3





    Looks like 14 winners non-Titleist out of 18 tourneys.

    85% play for 22% wins is pretty poor actually.




    Thanks this is what I was looking for. Gees, a cynic could say " Not necessary to play a Titleist in order to win." Could play a TM or Callaway..
    15 hcp
  • cardoustiecardoustie haha, we don't play for 5's Members Posts: 12,025 ✭✭
    surprised the competitors aren't marketing this SOMEHOW



    Percentage wise wins with non - ProV are high based on # of total users of other brands



    Too tired from driving home from Florida to do the stats
    Ping G400 LST 11* Aldila RIP Phenom 50tx
    Ping G400 5w 16.5* GD AD BB 6s
    Callaway Apex 4h 23* Mitsu KK 80s
    Callaway Apex 5h 26* Mitsu KK 80s
    Ping s55 6-PW Fujikura mci 100s
    Vokey sm2 50* 54* 59* DG s400 Onyx
    Piretti Matera Elite (torched)
  • North TexasNorth Texas Members Posts: 4,264 ✭✭
    edited Feb 25, 2019 5:06pm #12
    I'm kind of thinking that most of the non-Titleist ball winners do not have a choice. In other words, they are contractually required to use the ball they do because of their choice of clubs. The big names get paid the big bucks to use certain equipment and pretty have to use that ball with few exceptions.



    Take a look at the list and tell me who uses a non-Titleist ball that doesn't match their clubs? Rose, Fowler, and who else?
  • jli2636jli2636 Members Posts: 1,039 ✭✭


    I'm kind of thinking that most of the non-Titleist ball winners do not have a choice. In other words, they are contractually required to use the ball they do because of their choice of clubs. The big names get paid the big bucks to use certain equipment and pretty have to use that ball with few exceptions.



    Take a look at the list and tell me who uses a non-Titleist ball that doesn't match their clubs? Rose, Fowler, and who else?




    Bryson. Cobra clubs. Bridgestone ball.

    Cameron Champ: Ping clubs, Srixon ball

    Tiger: Taylormade clubs, Bridgestone ball

  • pusb365pusb365 Members Posts: 642 ✭✭
    I really don't understand why so many players play Titleist balls these days.



    I'm not saying it's a bad ball, I just mean that with all the choice out there and all the players switching club manufacturers I've never understood why more players don't switch balls.
  • trackcoach13trackcoach13 Members Posts: 973 ✭✭
    pusb365 wrote:


    I really don't understand why so many players play Titleist balls these days.



    I'm not saying it's a bad ball, I just mean that with all the choice out there and all the players switching club manufacturers I've never understood why more players don't switch balls.




    Being paid
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Driver: Cobra F9 w/ Aldila NV 2KXV Green 65 Stiff
    3W: Titleist 917F2 w/Fujikura Speeder Pro Tour Spec 84 Stiff [/font]

    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]2I: Srixon Z U65 18 Degree w/Miyazaki Kaula 7s
    Irons: Wilson FG Tour v6 4-GW DG S300 AMT
    Wedge: 56/11 Wilson FG Tour PMP Raw Tour Grind[/font]

    Wedge: Vokey SM6 60-12 K-Grind
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Putter: [/font]Odyssey O-WORKS Red Marxman
  • DBillDBill Members Posts: 1,121 ✭✭
    pusb365 wrote:


    I really don't understand why so many players play Titleist balls these days.



    I'm not saying it's a bad ball, I just mean that with all the choice out there and all the players switching club manufacturers I've never understood why more players don't switch balls.




    I think when you look at the game, outside of the compensation, these players are comfortable with Titleist. 5-10 years ago, when a lot of these guys were playing junior events, NCAA golf, mini tours or just starting on the PGA Tour, Titleist was the ball head and shoulders above the rest.



    It has only been in recent years where you have other ball manufacturers pushing the envelope and creating some fantastic golf balls. I haven't played Titleist golf balls in 3 or 4 years because I have found a better ball for me. With that being said, I did not grow up playing golf competitively, and definitely no where near the high level these guys played as juniors.



    Give it some more time and I think more players will be switching in years to come as other ball manufacturers narrow the gap or even exceed some areas of Titleist.
  • noodle3872noodle3872 Chilliwack B.C. CanadaMembers Posts: 2,675 ✭✭
    edited Mar 10, 2019 6:56pm #17
    DBill wrote:

    pusb365 wrote:


    I really don't understand why so many players play Titleist balls these days.



    I'm not saying it's a bad ball, I just mean that with all the choice out there and all the players switching club manufacturers I've never understood why more players don't switch balls.




    I think when you look at the game, outside of the compensation, these players are comfortable with Titleist. 5-10 years ago, when a lot of these guys were playing junior events, NCAA golf, mini tours or just starting on the PGA Tour, Titleist was the ball head and shoulders above the rest.



    It has only been in recent years where you have other ball manufacturers pushing the envelope and creating some fantastic golf balls. I haven't played Titleist golf balls in 3 or 4 years because I have found a better ball for me. With that being said, I did not grow up playing golf competitively, and definitely no where near the high level these guys played as juniors.



    Give it some more time and I think more players will be switching in years to come as other ball manufacturers narrow the gap or even exceed some areas of Titleist.




    Devils advocate question; how do you know if you’re playing a better ball if you haven’t played a Titleist?

    Taylormade M6 driver MCA Tensei CK Pro Blue 60 S Flex
    Taylormade M6 fairway wood MCA Tensei CK Pro Blue 70 S Flex
    Taylormade M4 19° hybrid MCA OT Tour Hybrid 80 S Flex
    Taylormade M4 22° hybrid MCA OT Tour Hybrid 90 S Flex
    Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal Pro 5-PW Modus3 Tour 105 S flex
    Mizuno MP 18 MMC irons 5-PW Irons Modus3 Tour 105 S flex
    Mizuno S18 Gunmetal Wedges 50-07, 54-12, 58-08 and 62-08 Modus3 115 Wedge
    Scotty Cameron Futura 7M
    Scotty Cameron Select Fastback 2
    Titleist Yellow Pro V1
  • GoGoErkyGoGoErky Members Posts: 1,244 ✭✭
    DBill wrote:

    pusb365 wrote:


    I really don't understand why so many players play Titleist balls these days.



    I'm not saying it's a bad ball, I just mean that with all the choice out there and all the players switching club manufacturers I've never understood why more players don't switch balls.




    I think when you look at the game, outside of the compensation, these players are comfortable with Titleist. 5-10 years ago, when a lot of these guys were playing junior events, NCAA golf, mini tours or just starting on the PGA Tour, Titleist was the ball head and shoulders above the rest.



    It has only been in recent years where you have other ball manufacturers pushing the envelope and creating some fantastic golf balls. I haven't played Titleist golf balls in 3 or 4 years because I have found a better ball for me. With that being said, I did not grow up playing golf competitively, and definitely no where near the high level these guys played as juniors.



    Give it some more time and I think more players will be switching in years to come as other ball manufacturers narrow the gap or even exceed some areas of Titleist.




    Unless the other companies start throwing more money around to play their ball it doesn’t matter how much ground they gain money’s going to win out for most guys especially those not in the top 50 owgr. You are aldonassuming titleist doesn’t improve at all
  • Break81Break81 Broke80 Members Posts: 2,026 ✭✭
    Why do most people drink Pepsi or Coke? I personally like RC better than both and its cheaper.



    No marketing, , no advertising cost so equally good product for less. Same with Titleist, the other balls are equally as good just gotta find the one that fits your budget and preference. .
    Cobra F7+ - Stiff
    Callaway V-Series 3 & 5 wood with Aldila Rouge Silver
    Srixon 585 5-AW - Modus 105 Stiff
    Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 53 & 58 Degree
    EVNROLL ER5
    Srixon XV - Yellow
  • iteachgolfiteachgolf Members Posts: 16,792 ✭✭
    NRJyzr wrote:


    Based on this past weekend, it's about 64% Titleist, not 85%. There were 45 guys in Mexico using Titleist, and 85 guys in Puerto Rico. This based on the cute logo they pay to put after each Titleist contracted player on the leaderboards. 132 man field in Puerto Rico, 72 in Mexico.



    Over the years, PGA Tour players have proven themselves time and again in chasing the money. They will go wherever they'll get paid. Currently, the Titleist/FootJoy ball/shoe/glove contract pays the best, so the guys who need it will gravitate there. Just as they did to TaylorMade when TMAG were paying tee money for driver usage.




    If you were chasing the most money it wouldn’t be a ball, shoe, glove deal from Titleist.
  • AC168AC168 Members Posts: 836 ✭✭
    I think some of the move away from Titleist is that golf companies are sponsoring juniors at an earlier age and more top juniors are used to playing something else. Not saying juniors stick to a ball but more young tour pros can ask friends about other balls and be comfortable switching.
  • BB28403BB28403 Members Posts: 3,734 ✭✭
    Why don't some of these companies do a amateur contract with everyone. Here's my idea,

    You sign with Titleist or Callaway at say Dicks sporting goods. You get a new driver every year and 6 balls per round you play.

    You send in your greens fee receipts via their app.

    And they come up with some per month fee per year.

    And hopefully it would be maybe $80-100 a month something like that.



    I dunno, far out idea
  • GoGoErkyGoGoErky Members Posts: 1,244 ✭✭
    BB28403 wrote:


    Why don't some of these companies do a amateur contract with everyone. Here's my idea,

    You sign with Titleist or Callaway at say Dicks sporting goods. You get a new driver every year and 6 balls per round you play.

    You send in your greens fee receipts via their app.

    And they come up with some per month fee per year.

    And hopefully it would be maybe $80-100 a month something like that.



    I dunno, far out idea




    What’s the roi for the brand in that?
  • BB28403BB28403 Members Posts: 3,734 ✭✭
    GoGoErky wrote:
    BB28403 wrote:


    Why don't some of these companies do a amateur contract with everyone. Here's my idea,

    You sign with Titleist or Callaway at say Dicks sporting goods. You get a new driver every year and 6 balls per round you play.

    You send in your greens fee receipts via their app.

    And they come up with some per month fee per year.

    And hopefully it would be maybe $80-100 a month something like that.



    I dunno, far out idea




    What&#146;s the roi for the brand in that?




    I'm sure they would make similar amounts of money, it just establishes brand loyalty and makes the consumer feel like they are on the team.
  • MitchellMitchell Members Posts: 5,484 ✭✭
    iteachgolf wrote:

    NRJyzr wrote:


    Based on this past weekend, it's about 64% Titleist, not 85%. There were 45 guys in Mexico using Titleist, and 85 guys in Puerto Rico. This based on the cute logo they pay to put after each Titleist contracted player on the leaderboards. 132 man field in Puerto Rico, 72 in Mexico.



    Over the years, PGA Tour players have proven themselves time and again in chasing the money. They will go wherever they'll get paid. Currently, the Titleist/FootJoy ball/shoe/glove contract pays the best, so the guys who need it will gravitate there. Just as they did to TaylorMade when TMAG were paying tee money for driver usage.




    If you were chasing the most money it wouldn’t be a ball, shoe, glove deal from Titleist.


    Now Dan, let's not bring actual facts into this..😂
    Taylormade r510tp 10.5* Fuji Evo TS 661 
    TEE cbx 16.5* Accra TourZ LT70 M4
    TEE CNC Ltd. Forged 3-pw s400
    Artisan 53* s400
    Artisan 58* s400
    Cameron 1996 Laguna
  • GoGoErkyGoGoErky Members Posts: 1,244 ✭✭
    BB28403 wrote:

    GoGoErky wrote:
    BB28403 wrote:


    Why don't some of these companies do a amateur contract with everyone. Here's my idea,

    You sign with Titleist or Callaway at say Dicks sporting goods. You get a new driver every year and 6 balls per round you play.

    You send in your greens fee receipts via their app.

    And they come up with some per month fee per year.

    And hopefully it would be maybe $80-100 a month something like that.



    I dunno, far out idea




    What’s the roi for the brand in that?




    I'm sure they would make similar amounts of money, it just establishes brand loyalty and makes the consumer feel like they are on the team.




    They are giving away a free driver plus balls to play a round with. That’s less sales. Some brands use influencers in this manner but those influencers tend to have thousands and thousands of social media followers. Giving joe blow fee stuff has no benefit
  • NRJyzrNRJyzr Allez Allez Allez Minnesota, USAMembers Posts: 6,361 ✭✭
    Mitchell wrote:

    iteachgolf wrote:

    NRJyzr wrote:


    Based on this past weekend, it's about 64% Titleist, not 85%. There were 45 guys in Mexico using Titleist, and 85 guys in Puerto Rico. This based on the cute logo they pay to put after each Titleist contracted player on the leaderboards. 132 man field in Puerto Rico, 72 in Mexico.



    Over the years, PGA Tour players have proven themselves time and again in chasing the money. They will go wherever they'll get paid. Currently, the Titleist/FootJoy ball/shoe/glove contract pays the best, so the guys who need it will gravitate there. Just as they did to TaylorMade when TMAG were paying tee money for driver usage.




    If you were chasing the most money it wouldn't be a ball, shoe, glove deal from Titleist.


    Now Dan, let's not bring actual facts into this..&#55357;&#56834;






    Big names, certainly true. Fred Q. Golfer in the low 100s on the money list, I rather doubt it. I'd have to see real numbers to believe otherwise.
    The Ever Changing Bag!

    Driver: Cobra King LTD, ProtoPype 80x or RIP 80x, 43.5" -or- SuperDeep 9.5*, ProtoPype 80x or NV85x, 43.5"
    3w: Cobra King LTD, Motore F1 85 X, 42.5"
    2h:  TM Stage 2 Tour, Nv105 stiff -or- 1 iron: Maxfli Revolution, DGS400
    2-PW, Golden Ram Tour Grind, Dynamic S
    SW: Ram Tour Grind Feel Matched 58*, DGS
    Putter: Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34.5", PP58 midsize grip
    (Cleveland Huntington Beach #1 35" -or- Mizuno TPM-2, 35" as backups)
    Balls: in no particular order... Wilson Staff FG Tour, Duo Urethane, or 50 Elite, Srixon ZStar/ZStar XV, Snell MTB Black... will trot out Maxfli HT-100 or Elite 90 from time to time
    Shoes by True Linkswear
  • BB28403BB28403 Members Posts: 3,734 ✭✭
    edited Mar 12, 2019 11:46pm #28
    I would wager titleist pays the most overall as you can see how much their expenses are in their ball lawsuits. $50,000 per player( if not more) and what they have 92 players ? That’s a lot of bacon.



    They did 1.6 billion in sales

    That is 1,600 million

    So say if they offer 100 players 1% of the 50 million $ pie that is only 3.125% of their sales per year. Pretty cheap advertising .



    Or as Happy put it

    This Subway Club is so Delicious!
  • iteachgolfiteachgolf Members Posts: 16,792 ✭✭
    NRJyzr wrote:

    Mitchell wrote:

    iteachgolf wrote:

    NRJyzr wrote:


    Based on this past weekend, it's about 64% Titleist, not 85%. There were 45 guys in Mexico using Titleist, and 85 guys in Puerto Rico. This based on the cute logo they pay to put after each Titleist contracted player on the leaderboards. 132 man field in Puerto Rico, 72 in Mexico.



    Over the years, PGA Tour players have proven themselves time and again in chasing the money. They will go wherever they'll get paid. Currently, the Titleist/FootJoy ball/shoe/glove contract pays the best, so the guys who need it will gravitate there. Just as they did to TaylorMade when TMAG were paying tee money for driver usage.




    If you were chasing the most money it wouldn't be a ball, shoe, glove deal from Titleist.


    Now Dan, let's not bring actual facts into this..��






    Big names, certainly true. Fred Q. Golfer in the low 100s on the money list, I rather doubt it. I'd have to see real numbers to believe otherwise.




    Won’t post numbers, but there are several options that would pay more.
  • AC168AC168 Members Posts: 836 ✭✭
    Ive heard details years ago. May not be true now, but Titleist was the lowest paying of the big brands. Titleist didn’t feel the need to pay up — all about the brand. Formulaic compensation contract that was pretty similar for all but the top.
  • BB28403BB28403 Members Posts: 3,734 ✭✭
    AC168 wrote:
    Ive heard details years ago. May not be true now, but Titleist was the lowest paying of the big brands. Titleist didn&#146;t feel the need to pay up &#151; all about the brand. Formulaic compensation contract that was pretty similar for all but the top.




    They have a lot of players in their stable, agreed?
Sign In or Register to comment.