2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Speed without yanking the handle?

ebrasmus21

Why so far out? Why not 2020?

A number of the interested parties have prior obligations such that 2021 is the year that actually will work.

That being said, I’m not stopping anything from happening in 2020. It’s just that for my purposes in this thread and what has been communicated thus far all plans have been with respect to 2021.

All the better if there are two trips: one in 2020 and one in 2021.

I think the carrot on top for 2021 and again, to the best of my knowledge, Sheep Ranch will be ready for play in 2021 which is a meaningful bonus if you ask me. All four of the current courses are inside the top 20 for publicly ranked courses. I’d imagine that with the opening of Sheep Ranch we will have Bandon claiming 5 of the top 20 public courses in America.

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

Why so far out? Why not 2020?

A number of the interested parties have prior obligations such that 2021 is the year that actually will work.

That being said, I’m not stopping anything from happening in 2020. It’s just that for my purposes in this thread and what has been communicated thus far all plans have been with respect to 2021.

All the better if there are two trips: one in 2020 and one in 2021.

I think the carrot on top for 2021 and again, to the best of my knowledge, Sheep Ranch will be ready for play in 2021 which is a meaningful bonus if you ask me. All four of the current courses are inside the top 20 for publicly ranked courses. I’d imagine that with the opening of Sheep Ranch we will have Bandon claiming 5 of the top 20 public courses in America.

I’d say there’s a really high probability that it’s open by 2021. Even if there are delays with getting it open for the Am, I don’t see any way it’s not done in 2 years.

And given the the property it’s on and the name association alone, I can’t see any way it falls outside any of the current 4 courses’ rankings....there’s some primo oceanfront real estate over there.

If you guys end up making this happen (or even if you come out for a different trip) and anyone wants a caddie, keep me in mind! Deadsolid has already claimed me if he comes, otherwise I’m happy to give someone else bad reads and wrong directions.

Hey if you’re the local expert, what advice would you give this group about playing - which courses, in what order, or whatever a local expert thinks would be helpful ... thx.

I’m thinking I’m gonna stay long enough to play all of them... of course big talk is easy but after 2-3 days of a lot of golf I may be begging for anything but golf.

I have about 50 rounds total at Bandon... There is no bad order!

Nice! Are you local (in Oregon)? Do you have a favorite?

(Yeah I thought that was a lame question but surely a caddie there has something to suggest to this group)

Lived on the Oregon Coast from 2004-2012. Arizona now.

WITB:
Driver: Ping G400 LST 8.5* Kuro Kage Silver TINI 70s
FW: Ping G25 4 wood Kuro Kage Silver TINI 80s
Utility: 20* King Forged Utility One Length C Taper Lite S
Irons: King Forged One Length 4-PW C Taper Lite S
Wedges: Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 Black Satin 50, 54, 58
Putter: Custom Directed Force Reno 2.0 48" 80* Lie Side Saddle

2021 is aim for me. Already too many plans in 2020 to add now

WITB:

Oh. I was thinking 2019... :dntknw:

TaylorMade SIM Max 10.5* - Fujikura Ventus Black 7X
TaylorMade M5 15* - Fujikura Motore Speeder 7.2TS X
Callaway 815 Alpha Hybrid 21* - Mitsubishi Tensei Pro White 90TX
Miura Baby Blade 4-P - KBS $-Taper X
Miura Wedges - 52*, 56* - KBS $-Taper X
Callaway MD4 Tactical 60*
PXG Darkness Operator

Good luck finding tee times for a large group this year...

WITB:

Good luck finding tee times for a large group this year...

Ever heard of...Tonya Harding....?

TaylorMade SIM Max 10.5* - Fujikura Ventus Black 7X
TaylorMade M5 15* - Fujikura Motore Speeder 7.2TS X
Callaway 815 Alpha Hybrid 21* - Mitsubishi Tensei Pro White 90TX
Miura Baby Blade 4-P - KBS $-Taper X
Miura Wedges - 52*, 56* - KBS $-Taper X
Callaway MD4 Tactical 60*
PXG Darkness Operator

I see you've renamed me to ddelts, makes me feel like I need to hit the gym and get my deltoids built up to back up a name like that. Note, I can't back up that up with big shoulders right now!

s***. My apologies, sir.

Zero apologies necessary, I've been called worse!

Probably by me

All "tips" are welcome. Instruction not desired. 

The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.

BERTRAND RUSSELL

I walked 27 today. Not sure If there was another nine in me or not. I seemed to have aged 10 years in the last two.

I don’t want to hear any negativity coming from you.

G400 LST - TPT proto
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

I walked 27 today. Not sure If there was another nine in me or not. I seemed to have aged 10 years in the last two.

So you really don’t want to hear the rundown of my game then!

Well, I had a little practice session tonight that didn’t go so great...

Walking 27 (or 36) at Bandon takes some training. Have to get into epic-golf-trip shape. I have faith in you even though you don’t have faith in you.

G400 LST - TPT proto
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

Walking 27 (or 36) at Bandon takes some training. Have to get into epic-golf-trip shape. I have faith in you even though you don’t have faith in you.

Thanks man. For the first time in my life I’m going to have to do some extra work in order to be physical able to do something like this. It’s kind of a slap in the face.

Thanks man. For the first time in my life I’m going to have to do some extra work in order to be physical able to do something like this. It’s kind of a slap in the face.

You won’t regret it. you’ll be beat up and tired and sore but when you think back on that one time you played Old Mac and Pacific in the same day it’ll be so worth it.

G400 LST - TPT proto
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

I see you've renamed me to ddelts, makes me feel like I need to hit the gym and get my deltoids built up to back up a name like that. Note, I can't back up that up with big shoulders right now!

s***. My apologies, sir.

Zero apologies necessary, I've been called worse!

Probably by me

Well, considering how many times I probably said "this feels weird" and wearing a white belt, it may have been deserved?

----> See my current WITB
Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 9°, Fujikura VENTUS Red 6 X
Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 15° Tensei AV Blue 75 X
Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 18° Tensei AV Blue 75 X
Mizuno MP-18 MMC 3 Fli-Hi | 4-PW, Project X LZ 6.5
Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
TaylorMade TP Mullen

Fellow golf buddy came up with an idea that, in my humble opinion, is equal parts funny and motivating.

I, Ebrasmus, will not drink another beer till I break par. This could happen in one-week or it could happen in one-hundred weeks. Who knows when...

Beer is good.

I like beer and beer likes me.

Hopefully there will be reason to celebrate soon.

G400 LST - TPT proto
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

Fellow golf buddy came up with an idea that, in my humble opinion, is equal parts funny and motivating.

I, Ebrasmus, will not drink another beer till I break par. This could happen in one-week or it could happen in one-hundred weeks. Who knows when...

Beer is good.

glad there is method to the madness of the title.

Driver: Taylormade M2 10.5* w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 62g
3 Wood: Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 15* w/ Hzrdus Yellow 6.5 76g
2 & 4 iron: Callaway X Utility 18* & 24* w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
5-PW: Callaway X Forged '13 w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
Wedges: Callaway Forged 50, Vokey SM7 54S & 60L - DG wedge flex
Putter: Odyssey 2 ball XG 40" Armlock w/ winn grip and triple track alignment

Ball: looking for chrome soft replacement

Beer is good.

Birdie the first hole and head for the clubhouse!

Beer is good.

Have pi today. And on 6/28 have tau pi.

The beer thingee would never happen in my life

But good luck. Ha ha ha

Beer is good.

Have pi today. And on 6/28 have tau pi.

The beer thingee would never happen in my life

But good luck. Ha ha ha

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife.  Doomed is your soul and damned is your life.
Enjoy every sandwich

The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is that you don’t know you are a member.   The second rule is that we’re all members from time to time.

"for I think a law that is not just, is not actually a law" ("nam mihi lex esse non videtur, quae justa non fuerit")  Saint Augustine of Hippo

#Kwonified

Beer is good.

Stuff that. He's not your buddy, he's stone-cold hard trolling you IRL; unless he's trying to motivate you to quit golf.

Not that I doubt the eventuality of your quest, but as you point out, how long? Will it be largely quick and entertaining like Dorothy's or will it go the more inexorable way of say Oggami Itto?

See that's why we tune in ;)

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

Beer is good.

Stuff that. He's not your buddy, he's stone-cold hard trolling you IRL; unless he's trying to motivate you to quit golf.

Not that I doubt the eventuality of your quest, but as you point out, how long? Will it be largely quick and entertaining like Dorothy's or will it go the more inexorable way of say Oggami Itto?

If nothing else I'll reach financial independence quicker by saving beer money.

G400 LST - TPT proto
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife.  Doomed is your soul and damned is your life.
Enjoy every sandwich

The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is that you don’t know you are a member.   The second rule is that we’re all members from time to time.

"for I think a law that is not just, is not actually a law" ("nam mihi lex esse non videtur, quae justa non fuerit")  Saint Augustine of Hippo

#Kwonified

I have never broke par without some aiming fluid in the tank...

WITB:

Beer is good.

Oggami Itto, that's pretty deep analogize used in this situation.. Choose the ball or the sword?

Timbo929 said:
duffer987 wrote:
ebrasmus21 wrote:

Beer is good.

See that's why we tune in image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Oggami Itto, that's pretty deep analogize used in this situation.. Choose the ball or the sword?I'm mostly responding, to see how everything works after the site migration but I have to say so far I would love to revert back to the old forums... 

Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
TaylorMade TP Mullen

ddetts said:
Timbo929 said:
duffer987 wrote:
ebrasmus21 wrote:

Beer is good.

Oggami Itto, that's pretty deep analogize used in this situation.. Choose the ball or the sword?

I'm mostly responding, to see how everything works after the site migration but I have to say so far I would love to revert back to the old forums... I couldn't agree more
  • Like 1

Driver: Sim2 with Ventus Blue 6x
FWY: Sim 2 Ti w/ TenseiAV Raw Blue 75x
Hybrid: PXG 0317x 17* with Fuji Pro 2.0 85x
Irons: PXG 0211ST w/KBS Tour X
54*: Titleist SM6 S grind black finish
58*: New Level Golf SPN Forged M Grind
Putter: Toulon San Diego

ferrispgm said:
ddetts said:
Timbo929 said:
duffer987 wrote:
ebrasmus21 wrote:

Beer is good.

I'm mostly responding, to see how everything works after the site migration but I have to say so far I would love to revert back to the old forums... I couldn't agree moreThis is going to take some getting used to.  My eyes don't know what to look at.  

For the record I'm still beerless.  Shot a 75 on Sunday that included a double bogey and three missed birdie putts inside 10'.  The beer was close yet so far away. 

G400 LST - TPT proto
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

@ebrasmus21 - if it makes you feel any better, I have had a few beers to make up for your lack of beers, since I still can't play outdoors.

Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
TaylorMade TP Mullen