Driver Thoughts - Callaway Epic Flash vs. Cobra F9

leftycabe

I've been playing the Callaway Rogue Draw for the last year and just wondering if I should invest the time getting fitted for an F9 in the hopes of picking up some distance? Any thoughts?

If your asking then I think you know the answer?

Got get one!!

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s

T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 50/12F KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 54/10S KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 58/08M KBS Tour

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto 
Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

It is killing me to have a brand new EFSZ and F9 sitting in my study waiting for the weather to turn. I really want to see which one of these drivers is going to be in the bag for the season. I have them both dialed in at 44.5 inches and D2 swing weight. It may still be awhile before I get to test them out on the course.

LEFT HANDED

Titleist TSR3 with Metaflex 5H shaft (currently testing the Proxima 6 stiff shaft)
Titleist TSR2 16.5 degree fwy with Ventus Red 7 stiff shaft
Ping G430 19 and 22 degree hybrids with Ventus Blue HB 8 stiff shaft
Srixon ZX7 mkii 5-PW with Fuji Axiom 105 stiff shafts

Titleist SM9 50F, 54D, 58T wedge with Fuji Axiom 105 stiff shafts
L.A.B. MEZZ Max putter with LAGP putter shaft

I've been playing the Callaway Rogue Draw for the last year and just wondering if I should invest the time getting fitted for an F9 in the hopes of picking up some distance? Any thoughts?

Practical reply:

There can't have been a very significant change in the past year and you likely won't gain much distance. If you gain a few yards, will that be worth the extra cost of the driver? If so, go for it. Or, if you weren't fit previously then you definitely could gain a lot by getting fit.

GolfWRX reply:

You should buy three drivers this year!

Titleist TSi3 8*, Tensei AV White 65X

Cobra Big Tour 3W, Project X HZRDUS RDX Blue 70X

Ping G425 19* 3H, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85X

Taylormade UDI 3i, Diamana Thump 100X

Taylormade p790 5-AW, C-Taper 130X

Titleist Vokey SM7 52* 10S bent to 53

Titleist Vokey SM7 56* 8M bent to 57

Titleist Vokey SM7 60* 12D

It is killing me to have a brand new EFSZ and F9 sitting in my study waiting for the weather to turn. I really want to see which one of these drivers is going to be in the bag for the season. I have them both dialed in at 44.5 inches and D2 swing weight. It may still be awhile before I get to test them out on the course.

What shafts are in each?

What shafts are in each?

Tensei Pro Orange in the EFSZ (with a tip weight and hot melt in the head to get it to D2), and Tensei Pro White in the Cobra F9. Both stiff flex, 60 grams

LEFT HANDED

Titleist TSR3 with Metaflex 5H shaft (currently testing the Proxima 6 stiff shaft)

What shafts are in each?

Tensei Pro Orange in the EFSZ (with a tip weight and hot melt in the head to get it to D2), and Tensei Pro White in the Cobra F9. Both stiff flex, 60 grams

I think both are amazing clubs ; and my final two....I only tried F9 with stock atomos tour spec and loved it....just a few things pushed me away: appeared more closed than neutral in comparison to EFSZ, crown was busier and 10yds shorter due to spin....

Maybe different loft, shaft or settings....this was just my findings....great heads you got and good luck finding your gamer!

Until you get a chance to demo the F9 you should cool your jets.

I've tried the F9 a few times since it came out and didn't care for it but wanted to give it one final(?) try before I dismissed it.

I did that today. Tried the Evenflow Blue, Hzrdus Smoke and even tried a Smoke 3 fairway shaft that played about 44".

I got very good ball speeds but my standard shot is a baby draw & I could NOT turn the ball left. Nothing but baby fades to almost slices.

Just to make sure I hit the EFSZ and the Honma (both models) and got reasonably consistent (straight to draw) results. The Cobra is just not for ME. :dntknw:

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Titleist 716 AP-1  5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, DGS300

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 34*, RED, BGT Stability

Titleist Pro V1X

Until you get a chance to demo the F9 you should cool your jets.

I've tried the F9 a few times since it came out and didn't care for it but wanted to give it one final(?) try before I dismissed it.

I did that today. Tried the Evenflow Blue, Hzrdus Smoke and even tried a Smoke 3 fairway shaft that played about 44".

I got very good ball speeds but my standard shot is a baby draw & I could NOT turn the ball left. Nothing but baby fades to almost slices.

Just to make sure I hit the EFSZ and the Honma (both models) and got reasonably consistent (straight to draw) results. The Cobra is just not for ME. :dntknw:

How dare you slander the most impressive driver of all-time(2019) ? (Sarcasm) smh

Funny you mention shot shape, my gamer last year was a fitted M3 that was crazy long but impossible to turn....mostly me but still....the EFSZ has not only been shapeable....but forgiving and LONG! I'll stop

What shafts are in each?

I think both are amazing clubs ; and my final two....I only tried F9 with stock atomos tour spec and loved it....just a few things pushed me away: appeared more closed than neutral in comparison to EFSZ, crown was busier and 10yds shorter due to spin....

Maybe different loft, shaft or settings....this was just my findings....great heads you got and good luck finding your gamer!

Thanks. I hit both one time at a heated outdoor bay but it was a very Grey day and I had trouble seeing the ball. I really want to get them out on the course to decide. I think I could play either and be happy, but just want to know for sure. No question the F9 felt and sounded better, but for me, the key factor will come down to fairways assuming they are within 10 yards of each other.

LEFT HANDED

What shafts are in each?

Thanks. I hit both one time at a heated outdoor bay but it was a very Grey day and I had trouble seeing the ball. I really want to get them out on the course to decide. I think I could play either and be happy, but just want to know for sure. No question the F9 felt and sounded better, but for me, the key factor will come down to fairways assuming they are within 10 yards of each other.

Funny,for me distance was the highest priority as with my slow-ish speed but I haven't lost ANY accuracy.....actually gained more as the confidence is growing....borderline arrogance I dare say ; shaping nearly on command....go-to is a controlled fade....but seeing a straight/draw now after my M3 struggles has been a godsend....

So we had a break in the weather today, and I was able to get both drivers out on the range today. Temperature around 65 degrees, felt like heaven. EFSZ with Tensei Pro Orange at 44.5 inches and D2 swing weight. Cobra F9 with Tensei Pro White at 44.5 inches and D2 swing weight.

Sound/Feel: Clearly Cobra wins this category. One of the best feeling drivers I have played. The EFSZ is loud and has a harder feel at impact, but not a deal breaker when outside. I could get used to it, if the performance was clearly better.

On Center Strikes: Both are very close. The EFSZ had a few 1700 rpm spin shots that went 10 yards further, but I worry about that low a spin number for a guy that swings 105 mph on a good day. The spin range was little wider with the EFSZ, with 1700-2500 rpm for well struck shots. I was using my friends GC2 and ball speed was 1-2 mph faster with the EFSZ. The spin numbers for the F9 for well struck balls was 2200-2600rpm, which is perfect for me. When I was warmed up, ball speeds were 148-152 with the F9 and 149-153 with the EFSZ

Off Center Strikes: If I miss the center, it is usually low or heel shot. On a low heel shot, the F9 got up to 3200 rpm, but the EFSZ only got up to 2900 rpm on similar misses. Winner in this category goes to the EFSZ. Both would be offline when I missed on the heel, but neither as bad as I would expect. Overall, I would say that this is where new drivers are showing their value.

Summary: Both are great drivers. In my hands, the EFSZ had slightly better ball speeds and was lower spin, but a wider range of spin on well struck shots. Sound and feel clearly goes to the F9, as everyone has said, but the sound of the EFSZ was not a dealbreaker, as I originally was concerned about. The EFSZ retained higher ball speed and lower spin on heel shots compared to the F9, which is my miss, so this could be a determining factor in choosing between the 2 drivers. I walked away at the end of an hour, after going back and forth between the 2, without a clear winner. I will have to play several rounds with each of them, to make this decision. Sometimes I can make a quick decision between two clubs with a few range sessions, but clearly not with these 2 drivers.

LEFT HANDED

So we had a break in the weather today, and I was able to get both drivers out on the range today. Temperature around 65 degrees, felt like heaven. EFSZ with Tensei Pro Orange at 44.5 inches and D2 swing weight. Cobra F9 with Tensei Pro White at 44.5 inches and D2 swing weight.

Sound/Feel: Clearly Cobra wins this category. One of the best feeling drivers I have played. The EFSZ is loud and has a harder feel at impact, but not a deal breaker when outside. I could get used to it, if the performance was clearly better.

On Center Strikes: Both are very close. The EFSZ had a few 1700 rpm spin shots that went 10 yards further, but I worry about that low a spin number for a guy that swings 105 mph on a good day. The spin range was little wider with the EFSZ, with 1700-2500 rpm for well struck shots. I was using my friends GC2 and ball speed was 1-2 mph faster with the EFSZ. The spin numbers for the F9 for well struck balls was 2200-2600rpm, which is perfect for me. When I was warmed up, ball speeds were 148-152 with the F9 and 149-153 with the EFSZ

Off Center Strikes: If I miss the center, it is usually low or heel shot. On a low heel shot, the F9 got up to 3200 rpm, but the EFSZ only got up to 2900 rpm on similar misses. Winner in this category goes to the EFSZ. Both would be offline when I missed on the heel, but neither as bad as I would expect. Overall, I would say that this is where new drivers are showing their value.

Summary: Both are great drivers. In my hands, the EFSZ had slightly better ball speeds and was lower spin, but a wider range of spin on well struck shots. Sound and feel clearly goes to the F9, as everyone has said, but the sound of the EFSZ was not a dealbreaker, as I originally was concerned about. The EFSZ retained higher ball speed and lower spin on heel shots compared to the F9, which is my miss, so this could be a determining factor in choosing between the 2 drivers. I walked away at the end of an hour, after going back and forth between the 2, without a clear winner. I will have to play several rounds with each of them, to make this decision. Sometimes I can make a quick decision between two clubs with a few range sessions, but clearly not with these 2 drivers.

Good for you bro.....do you have a stock shot?

Good for you bro.....do you have a stock shot?

My stock shot is a draw, but I am not an overly consistent driver of the ball. If I don't try and swing out of my shoes, my driving is pretty good. Last year I ended up purposefully swinging 90% rather than 110% and I ended up winning the Club Championship (first flight) for the first time. We all want that extra 10 yards, to the point of buying drivers that go the same distance as our last one.

LEFT HANDED

• 3 weeks later...

So I went for a driver fitting at True Spec. I was coming from a 2016 Tour Issue M2 with a KK DC XT 60TX tipped 0.5" that I have been fit for multiple times and have always gotten pretty good numbers for me. I have my own GC2 and usually see low 160mph ball speed, 14* launch with low 2000s spin. I was really just looking to see if anything newer can beat it on distance. The fitting was on GCQuad with TP5x (my typical ball). I hit about 25 different head and shaft combos all at 45 which I choked up to match my 44.5" playing length. SW were all about D4 thanks to weights and lead tape. My numbers with my gamer were exactly what they typically are on my gc2. Long-story short on the following.

M5/M6 - saw no increase in ball speed or distance than my driver, and just sat so upright, I had trouble not hitting toe shots or and hard to not go left

TS3 - Felt good but couldn't get spin out of the high 2000s. Having played 915D3 and 917D3 for spurts, was a big fan of the look, but the TS3's somewhat pointier toe did not suit my eye

Epic SZ - felt good, looked good, numbers as good as my gamer but the sound was absolutely unbearable. Best way to describe it was an aluminum bat hitting a cement wall.

Then we got to Cobra after nothing had beaten my m2 gamer.

Cobra F9 - looked good, sounded good, felt amazing. Club speed on GCquad with all the other drivers including my gamer was consistently 110-113mph and ball speed was 161-164mph. With the cobra, club speed averaged 114mph and hit 117mph multiple times. Ball speed averaged 165 and hit 167mph. I just turned 40 and never saw on anything club speed above 115. THis was also towards the end of the session after almost 100 driver swings. The problem was I had a tough time getting the spin away from 3000 with f9 so I wasn't seeing much distance gains with my driver. I tried Tensei Pro white, black tie, oban black, elements platinum (which was the best) but nothing that got it below 2500. They didn't have a KKDCXT there to test with it. Knowing knowing I fit well into the KK DC XT with my M2 and since I have a spare one, I decided to pick up an F9 head, put a cobra adapter on the KKDCXT and give it a whirl.

In the weeks following, I've done a lot of testing on different days of my gamer vs the F9 both at 44.5" and both D4 sw. I have a scale to verify. In all the testing I've done on my GC2, I never ever hit higher than 167mph ball speed. With my gamer m2, I'm still topping out at 165mph at best. The other day with I hit multiple over that and topped out at 173mph. Getting the spin down, carry can get into the 290s which is about 10 yards longer than my typical driver. Whatever they did, even at the same length and swingweight, you really just can swing this club faster.

Now, on the monitor, dispersion still seems to be a little less left bias with my m2 which makes sense given the open face of the tour issue. I have the f9 notched "lower" which is really just open, but I still tend to hit the m2 less left. Today will be the first day my course is open and I will hit them on the range and seeing real outside ball flight. We shall see...

TaylorMade 2016 Tour Issue M2x3 (8.5*/9.4*/9.8*) - Testing: Tensei 1K White 70TX

Titleist TSi3 9* - Atmos TS Patriot 7x

Titleist 915fd 13.5* @12.75* - Atmos Blue TS 8x 

Titleist 915f 15* @ 14.25* - Atmos Blue TS 8x

Titleist 915f 18* - Fujikura Motore Speeder TS 8.2x

Titleist 816H1 17* - Fujikura Motore Speeder TS 8.8x

Titleist 818H1 21* - Fujikura Motore Speeder TS 8.8x

Titleist 2023 T150 4 & 5 iron, T100 6-9 iron - Project x6.5 ss1x 1.5* flat

Vokey SM9 Raw 46.10F, 50.12F - Project x6.0 1.5* flat, 54.12D, 58.08M - DG TI S400

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2, Toulon Garage San Diego, Odyssey #7 CH; Odyssey Tour Black #9

I hit both indoors. I couldn't seem to put the cobra down, granted they didn't have the widest array of shafts at Golf Galaxy for the F9 compared to the Flash. I hit about five shots with the flash. Nothing wrong with how I hit them, I just can't stand the sound and feel of recent Callaway drivers. The Cobra, on the other hand, is fine to look down at and the sound and feel are much more solid to me. The numbers were fairly similar and I would bet if they had more than one XStiff shaft I would've been able to get slightly better numbers with the Cobra. If I didn't already commit to a G400 LST (at least for the near/foreseeable future) I would have the F9 in my bag right now.

On Trackman, for me, F9 beat Flash in all categories... including looks, sound, and feel.

I swing about 100 mph, 2 degrees from in the inside and 3 up.

F9 had more ball speed, similar spin, and a tighter grouping.

I liked everything about the F9.

PING G430 Max 10K Driver 8º ~ GD Tour AD-IZ 5

PING G430 Max 3 Wood 14º ~ GD Tour AD-IZ 6

Titleist TSr2 5 Wood 18º ~ GD Tour AD-IZ 7

Titleist TSr2 7 Wood 21º ~ GD Tour AD-XC 8

Srixon ZX4 Mk II Irons 5–7 ~ Project X IO 6.0

Srixon ZX5 Mk II Irons 8–P ~ Project X IO 6.0

Vokey Design SM9 Raw Wedges 'Voke' Handground 50.12F • 56.08M • 62.08M ~ Project X 6.0
Odyssey  Tri-Hot 5K Three ~ BGT Stability Tour 2 Polar
Titleist Pro V1x ~ #12

I am continuing to test both drivers on the course. The EFSZ was disappointing on mishits in my first 18 hole round with it. Well struck shots are great, and some mishits retained ball speeds pretty well, but there was an occasional low hook that was a surprise. I know it wasn't a great swing, but was still surprised to see that result. I followed the next day with the F9 and was much happier. Good swings were similar to EFSZ, slight mishits may have been alittle worse than the EFSZ, but there were no really bad shots with it. Sound and feel are much better. Of note, a friend of mine also has an EFSZ, and his sounds much better than mine, which is frustrating, since I had Callaway hot melt mine, specifically to mute the sound. Right now, the F9 has the starting position in the bag.

LEFT HANDED

> @Mob said:

> I am continuing to test both drivers on the course. The EFSZ was disappointing on mishits in my first 18 hole round with it. Well struck shots are great, and some mishits retained ball speeds pretty well, but there was an occasional low hook that was a surprise. I know it wasn't a great swing, but was still surprised to see that result. I followed the next day with the F9 and was much happier. Good swings were similar to EFSZ, slight mishits may have been a little worse than the EFSZ, but there were no really bad shots with it. Sound and feel are much better. Of note, a friend of mine also has an EFSZ, and his sounds much better than mine, which is frustrating, since I had Callaway hot melt mine, specifically to mute the sound. Right now, the F9 has the starting position in the bag.

I ended up buying both as well because I'm left handed and it's impossible to find a good fitter that has the equipment in left-handed near me in the middle of nowhere, Iowa. I had to be sure that I wasn't going to regret the driver I went with this year. Both drivers have the same shaft at the same length and same swing weight. I went out Saturday evening and hit three balls with each driver off every hole. I don't think I could have hit the ball much worse, so I felt like in a weird way, it was great to see what these can do on your worst days. Here is what I thought when I was done:

**Cobra F9** - Felt and sounded very solid/muted. It feels so solid, it almost feels "soft". Honestly, there were times I got up to my ball and thought it seemed weird it went as far as it did for as "soft" as impact felt. Soft may not be the right word, but it's very different than the Callaway. Now - this one is very personal, but I feel that where this really shines is on mishits. I balls all over the clubface that still didn't have the harsh feeling. I could still feel contact wasn't what I wanted, but I didn't feel any jarring sensations either. I know others really like the added feedback on a mishit, I'm not one of those. Distance wise - even though I was swinging poorly, I managed to hit a few solid shots that I would take on my best days. I haven't hit any balls that have seemed to go any further than anything else I've played in the last 2-3 years, so I can't say the length on this is anything special. That being said, it's definitely not shorter than anything I've hit, either.

**Callaway EFSZ** - Let me preface this by saying I was 99.9% sure this was the driver for me this year. I loved my original standard epic and spent all last year wishing I wouldn't have gotten rid of it. I was ready to order when they were on pre-sale and then the Cobra popped up and had me convinced it was worth a try. I'm sure this is something I wouldn't normally care as much about if I wasn't comparing drivers side by side, but this thing is much higher pitched than the F9. I'm someone who could play about anything regardless of sound - I played the G30 for 3 years, but thought it was worth at least mentioning. I know feel is very subjective. While some really like to know how far off center a strike is, others want the club give them a hug, a pat on the back, and says, "Here friend, you suck at golf - I'll take care of this.". I would be the latter. Immediately, I noticed the Callaway EFSZ was far less stable than the F9. I would say I'm a slightly better than average ball striker, but those that I missed felt very harsh. The well-struck balls felt "hot", but the results weren't anything that blew me away. I played the Ping G400 LST last year and the standard Epic the year before that. I believe Callaway claims the EFSZ is as stable as the original standard Epic. Based on my experience - I disagree.

So far, I've come to two conclusions. First, I need to stop buying a driver every year. I do it because I love tinkering and golf is my only real hobby, but chasing extremely minimal gains is stupid when I could spend the time and resources actually improving technique. Second, the F9 is firmly planted in the driver's seat at this point. I'll likely test again when I have a better ball-striking day. Keep your eyes peeled, you'll likely see a left handed EFSZ popping up in the BST soon.

• 1 month later...

I have been able to hit both drivers on the course, and on the range a few times recently. I was surprised to find that my consistency was greater with the EFSZ over the F9; I was expecting the opposite. While I still prefer the sound and feel of the F9, the performance edge recently goes to the EFSZ. I will continue to compare both for the next few weeks, before deciding which one to keep in the bag.

It maybe that the Synergy Black Proto isn't a good match with the F9 head, as I hit the F9 better with the Tensei Pro White. I don't want to come to any conclusions so quickly after one round, one month after foot surgery, but there was a clear performance benefit to the EFSZ this past weekend.

LEFT HANDED

• 3 weeks later...

I am still going back and forth between both of these. I have gone back to the Tensei Pro Orange shaft, as it seems a better fit for me. At this point, I have found that the EFSZ is more consistent and has a tighter dispersion. This is a surprise to me. The F9 looks great, feels great, and sounds great, but the dispersion hasn't been great for some reason. My last effort for the F9, is that I have a Tensei Pro Orange coming this week. If I can get the F9 dispersion dialed in, then I would prefer to have that one in the bag, as I really don't care for the sound and feel of the EFSZ.

LEFT HANDED

> @nsxguy said:

> jjfcpa wrote:

>

>

>

> I've been playing the Callaway Rogue Draw for the last year and just wondering if I should invest the time getting fitted for an F9 in the hopes of picking up some distance? Any thoughts?

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Until you get a chance to demo the F9 you should cool your jets.

>

>

>

> I've tried the F9 a few times since it came out and didn't care for it but wanted to give it one final(?) try before I dismissed it.

>

>

>

> I did that today. Tried the Evenflow Blue, Hzrdus Smoke and even tried a Smoke 3 fairway shaft that played about 44".

>

>

>

> I got very good ball speeds but my standard shot is a baby draw & I could NOT turn the ball left. Nothing but baby fades to almost slices.

>

>

>

> Just to make sure I hit the EFSZ and the Honma (both models) and got reasonably consistent (straight to draw) results. The Cobra is just not for ME. /dntknw.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':dntknw:' />

I hit the F9, Flash, G400, TS3 and M5 on Friday night.

F9 just spun too much for me, even weight forward. No matter what shaft was in it, I just couldn't hit up with that driver.

Flash was pretty left biased and I normally play a slight fade.

Ts3 in 9.5 with the Smoke 65 ended up beating everything else in spin, flight, distance and dispersion.

Your mileage may vary.

Late to the party, but I find it ironic that Cobra is now producing the driver(s) with the best solid thud sound and Callaway the least. There was a long period where Callaway gave the thud and Cobra the high pitched tink (or worse).

• Like 1

TM Sim Max 10.5 Ventus Red Senior
TM Sim Max 3 Ventus Red Senior 
Cobra F9 17* Rescue Atmos Regular
TM Sim Max 19*, 25*, 28* Rescue Ventus Blue Senior 
Cobra F9 7-SW Atmos Regular
Vokey SM6 62* T Kuro Kage stiff
TM Spider Tour Day
OUUL stand bag
Titleist Velocity or Callaway Softfeel

I love my F9. I went from an Epic SZ, that cracked to a Rogue SZ to the F9. I HATED the Rogue. We never got along. The Cobra is long and straight for me. I actually hit more of a baby draw than I have in the past. I have the Atmos 7X Black shaft in it, perfect combo for me, actually just ordered the F9 Tour 3 Wood to go with it.

> @Bubbtubbs said:

> > @nsxguy said:

> > jjfcpa wrote:

> >

> >

> >

> > I've been playing the Callaway Rogue Draw for the last year and just wondering if I should invest the time getting fitted for an F9 in the hopes of picking up some distance? Any thoughts?

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Until you get a chance to demo the F9 you should cool your jets.

> >

> >

> >

> > I've tried the F9 a few times since it came out and didn't care for it but wanted to give it one final(?) try before I dismissed it.

> >

> >

> >

> > I did that today. Tried the Evenflow Blue, Hzrdus Smoke and even tried a Smoke 3 fairway shaft that played about 44".

> >

> >

> >

> > I got very good ball speeds but my standard shot is a baby draw & I could NOT turn the ball left. Nothing but baby fades to almost slices.

> >

> >

> >

> > Just to make sure I hit the EFSZ and the Honma (both models) and got reasonably consistent (straight to draw) results. The Cobra is just not for ME. /dntknw.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':dntknw:' />

>

> I hit the F9, Flash, G400, TS3 and M5 on Friday night.

>

> F9 just spun too much for me, even weight forward. No matter what shaft was in it, I just couldn't hit up with that driver.

>

> Flash was pretty left biased and I normally play a slight fade.

>

> Ts3 in 9.5 with the Smoke 65 ended up beating everything else in spin, flight, distance and dispersion.

>

> Your mileage may vary.

Good stuff.

I *think*, but am not sure, that the only real difference between the Flash and the Flash SZ is a slightly higher spin rate although I confess the SZ *may* be a bit more neutral (or fade if your prefer) biased.

However, I think most of the current drivers can be hosel adjusted and/or (slide or whatever) adjusted to move the ball slightly one way or the other. So, if one is a hooker, nothing's going to make that swing "fade"> If ones swing is pretty neutral, the club may make the difference. I've been messing around a bit with both hosel and slider on my EFSZ and have seen some slight differences.

I believe all of the new drivers have some hosel adjustment. I think the Cobra is the only one with no "sole" (slider or moveable weight) adjustment.

Titleist Pro V1X

just went from the F9 (which I loved and shortly hated, unforgiving and couldn't consistently spin it) to a TS3 which I loved and still love to a Cally Epic Flash which I love right now. The difference the F9 and TS3 had a Tour AD VR 6s and the Cally PX NC Red 6.0. The Flash is hotmelted to help with the sound (which can be loud). The Flash is long really long even on mishits and dare I say as accurate as the Ping G400 MAX (which is a iconic driver IMO).

Signature of Solon CC

Mizuno STX 230 10.5 Accra fx 3.0 140 m0

Titleist Tsr1 15 tour ad di6

Titleist 917 18 Kk proto

Titleist Tsr1 4 hybrid Accra fx 2.0 

Titleist t300 5-Pw Matrix Red proto moi matched 

Wilson Staff zm 50 recoil dart v

Wilson staff zm 56 recoil dart v

Vokey Wedge Works Raw 60K DG Tour Issue S400 Black Onyx

L.A.B. Mezz Max blue Tpt shaft 34/71

> @nsxguy said:

> > @Bubbtubbs said:

> > > @nsxguy said:

> > > jjfcpa wrote:

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > I've been playing the Callaway Rogue Draw for the last year and just wondering if I should invest the time getting fitted for an F9 in the hopes of picking up some distance? Any thoughts?

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > Until you get a chance to demo the F9 you should cool your jets.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > I've tried the F9 a few times since it came out and didn't care for it but wanted to give it one final(?) try before I dismissed it.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > I did that today. Tried the Evenflow Blue, Hzrdus Smoke and even tried a Smoke 3 fairway shaft that played about 44".

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > I got very good ball speeds but my standard shot is a baby draw & I could NOT turn the ball left. Nothing but baby fades to almost slices.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > Just to make sure I hit the EFSZ and the Honma (both models) and got reasonably consistent (straight to draw) results. The Cobra is just not for ME. /dntknw.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':dntknw:' />

> >

> > I hit the F9, Flash, G400, TS3 and M5 on Friday night.

> >

> > F9 just spun too much for me, even weight forward. No matter what shaft was in it, I just couldn't hit up with that driver.

> >

> > Flash was pretty left biased and I normally play a slight fade.

> >

> > Ts3 in 9.5 with the Smoke 65 ended up beating everything else in spin, flight, distance and dispersion.

> >

> > Your mileage may vary.

>

> Good stuff.

>

> I *think*, but am not sure, that the only real difference between the Flash and the Flash SZ is a slightly higher spin rate although I confess the SZ *may* be a bit more neutral (or fade if your prefer) biased.

>

> However, I think most of the current drivers can be hosel adjusted and/or (slide or whatever) adjusted to move the ball slightly one way or the other. So, if one is a hooker, nothing's going to make that swing "fade"> If ones swing is pretty neutral, the club may make the difference. I've been messing around a bit with both hosel and slider on my EFSZ and have seen some slight differences.

>

> I believe all of the new drivers have some hosel adjustment. I think the Cobra is the only one with no "sole" (slider or moveable weight) adjustment.

F9 has moveable weights.

TM Sim Max 10.5 Ventus Red Senior
TM Sim Max 3 Ventus Red Senior 
Cobra F9 17* Rescue Atmos Regular
TM Sim Max 19*, 25*, 28* Rescue Ventus Blue Senior 
Cobra F9 7-SW Atmos Regular
Vokey SM6 62* T Kuro Kage stiff
TM Spider Tour Day
OUUL stand bag
Titleist Velocity or Callaway Softfeel

> @DrSchteeve said:

> > @nsxguy said:

> > > @Bubbtubbs said:

> > > > @nsxguy said:

> > > > jjfcpa wrote:

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > I've been playing the Callaway Rogue Draw for the last year and just wondering if I should invest the time getting fitted for an F9 in the hopes of picking up some distance? Any thoughts?

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Until you get a chance to demo the F9 you should cool your jets.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > I've tried the F9 a few times since it came out and didn't care for it but wanted to give it one final(?) try before I dismissed it.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > I did that today. Tried the Evenflow Blue, Hzrdus Smoke and even tried a Smoke 3 fairway shaft that played about 44".

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > I got very good ball speeds but my standard shot is a baby draw & I could NOT turn the ball left. Nothing but baby fades to almost slices.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Just to make sure I hit the EFSZ and the Honma (both models) and got reasonably consistent (straight to draw) results. The Cobra is just not for ME. /dntknw.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':dntknw:' />

> > >

> > > I hit the F9, Flash, G400, TS3 and M5 on Friday night.

> > >

> > > F9 just spun too much for me, even weight forward. No matter what shaft was in it, I just couldn't hit up with that driver.

> > >

> > > Flash was pretty left biased and I normally play a slight fade.

> > >

> > > Ts3 in 9.5 with the Smoke 65 ended up beating everything else in spin, flight, distance and dispersion.

> > >

> > > Your mileage may vary.

> >

> > Good stuff.

> >

> > I *think*, but am not sure, that the only real difference between the Flash and the Flash SZ is a slightly higher spin rate although I confess the SZ *may* be a bit more neutral (or fade if your prefer) biased.

> >

> > However, I think most of the current drivers can be hosel adjusted and/or (slide or whatever) adjusted to move the ball slightly one way or the other. So, if one is a hooker, nothing's going to make that swing "fade"> If ones swing is pretty neutral, the club may make the difference. I've been messing around a bit with both hosel and slider on my EFSZ and have seen some slight differences.

> >

> > I believe all of the new drivers have some hosel adjustment. I think the Cobra is the only one with no "sole" (slider or moveable weight) adjustment.

>

> F9 has moveable weights.

Front-to-back only, no ?

I thought it was obvious I was talking about sliding or side-to-side movable weights; to affect curvature.

Titleist Pro V1X

I played a F9 to start the season and it is a great feeling and sounding driver, I had to play a 9* turned down to 7.5* to get manageable spin and that doesn't travel well. Switched to a SZ triple diamond head and I'm not looking back. The Flash SZ TD is so so good. Much easier to manage spin and launch while still feeling great and having a pretty good sound to it.

> @nsxguy said:

> > @DrSchteeve said:

> > > @nsxguy said:

> > > > @Bubbtubbs said:

> > > > > @nsxguy said:

> > > > > jjfcpa wrote:

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > I've been playing the Callaway Rogue Draw for the last year and just wondering if I should invest the time getting fitted for an F9 in the hopes of picking up some distance? Any thoughts?

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Until you get a chance to demo the F9 you should cool your jets.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > I've tried the F9 a few times since it came out and didn't care for it but wanted to give it one final(?) try before I dismissed it.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > I did that today. Tried the Evenflow Blue, Hzrdus Smoke and even tried a Smoke 3 fairway shaft that played about 44".

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > I got very good ball speeds but my standard shot is a baby draw & I could NOT turn the ball left. Nothing but baby fades to almost slices.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Just to make sure I hit the EFSZ and the Honma (both models) and got reasonably consistent (straight to draw) results. The Cobra is just not for ME. /dntknw.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':dntknw:' />

> > > >

> > > > I hit the F9, Flash, G400, TS3 and M5 on Friday night.

> > > >

> > > > F9 just spun too much for me, even weight forward. No matter what shaft was in it, I just couldn't hit up with that driver.

> > > >

> > > > Flash was pretty left biased and I normally play a slight fade.

> > > >

> > > > Ts3 in 9.5 with the Smoke 65 ended up beating everything else in spin, flight, distance and dispersion.

> > > >

> > > > Your mileage may vary.

> > >

> > > Good stuff.

> > >

> > > I *think*, but am not sure, that the only real difference between the Flash and the Flash SZ is a slightly higher spin rate although I confess the SZ *may* be a bit more neutral (or fade if your prefer) biased.

> > >

> > > However, I think most of the current drivers can be hosel adjusted and/or (slide or whatever) adjusted to move the ball slightly one way or the other. So, if one is a hooker, nothing's going to make that swing "fade"> If ones swing is pretty neutral, the club may make the difference. I've been messing around a bit with both hosel and slider on my EFSZ and have seen some slight differences.

> > >

> > > I believe all of the new drivers have some hosel adjustment. I think the Cobra is the only one with no "sole" (slider or moveable weight) adjustment.

> >

> > F9 has moveable weights.

>

> Front-to-back only, no ?

>

> I thought it was obvious I was talking about sliding or side-to-side movable weights; to affect curvature.

You're correct, and it's not a slider but just a weight forward/back situation.