Cobra F8+ and F6 Baffler

sukkeunsukkeun Members Posts: 51 ✭✭
I have been looking at both and wanted to see if F8+ 5-6 wood would be any improvement over F6 Baffler.

If you have hit them both, what did you like or dislike about them?

Thanks.

Comments

• Jvoom30Jvoom30 Members Posts: 87 ✭✭
    they both really good f8+ is probably a cpl yards longer but i have mine cut down a 1/4" to get closer to the baffler length. both seem to go very straight and high too. I see really good distance as well have mine set at 18.5.
  • PopIt&DropItPopIt&DropIt Members Posts: 243 ✭✭
    I hit the baffler and really liked it but went with f8+ cut to baffler length because baffler was already discontinued and I wanted a specific shaft. Doubt there is a huge difference either way but I like the feel of the f8+ a little better and find it to be lower spin.

Positive for the baffler is it comes stock ready to play at 41.75 and I had to add some weight to the f8+ to get it to feel right.
  • rjr25rjr25 Members Posts: 254 ✭✭
    I've only played around with the f8 but own the f6. I personally like the taller rails on the f6. They have thinned them down a bit over the years. Not to mention the shorter length as well
    My 2019 Experiment
    Cobra F9 - 9 degree - Atmos Black TS 6S
    Cobra F6 Baffler 17.5
    Cobra F8 Hybrid 19
    Cobra King Utility Black OL 21
    Cobra F7 OL 5&6
    Cobra Forged Tec Black 7-GW
    Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 54SS & 58ES
    TaylorMade TP Black Copper Ardmore 3 - 34
  • breakfree40breakfree40 ClubWRX Posts: 693 ClubWRX
    I have both, the F8 feels better. The F6 looks better. If I had to pick one to hit into the green from 230-40 out with money on the line it would depend on the shaft. Otherwise flip a coin.
    2019:
    G400LST 8.5* Aldila Rogue Silver 125MSI 60 stiff
    Cobra 3/4 f9; Atmos Blue TS 7s
    Cobra 4/5 f8+; Atmos Red TS 8s
    3i - PW Miura CB1008; KBS Tour 120s; 2up +1/2”
    53* TM HiToe; KBS Wedge
    59* TM HiToe; KBS Wedge

Byron Morgan DH89 flow neck 2* loft 71* lie
    Bettinardi Something Fishy Prototype BB0; Registry #RJB2821; 2* loft; 71* lie
  • bellkenbellken Members Posts: 780 ✭✭
    I have both, I got a F8+ as a warranty replacement, when, my first F6 Baffler's face cracked. RBG had a great sale on the F6 Baffler, so, I picked up another one. They are pretty close in performance for me. The feel is quite different, composite vs metal.

The big plus's for the F6 Baffler is price, seems a little more forgiving, and, you can move the heavy weight forward, if desired (I keep it back for forgiveness). fwiw, I have been using the F6.