Titleist 2018 Concept Irons (pics Pg 1 & 5)

Iirc the C16 driver ended up being pretty similar to what 917 turned out to be. Same with the irons and the following ap1 (maybe ap3?) series. At least thats what it seems like to me. A chance for early adopters to get the new products.

Assuming this trend is correct, what would you predict these new concept irons to be? Im thinking maybe the next 720 t-mb?

The 02 model is much more compact than a tmb. It is a six piece hollow head in an mb package. The 01 model reminds me of the c16s. They definitely are rocket launchers. Im sure some of the tech will transfer but i have heard these models might stick around for a little while. The concept team definitely are very helpful and will do whatever it takes to make these work for the customer.

Iirc the C16 driver ended up being pretty similar to what 917 turned out to be. Same with the irons and the following ap1 (maybe ap3?) series. At least thats what it seems like to me. A chance for early adopters to get the new products.

Assuming this trend is correct, what would you predict these new concept irons to be? Im thinking maybe the next 720 t-mb?

The 02 model is much more compact than a tmb. It is a six piece hollow head in an mb package. The 01 model reminds me of the c16s. They definitely are rocket launchers. Im sure some of the tech will transfer but i have heard these models might stick around for a little while. The concept team definitely are very helpful and will do whatever it takes to make these work for the customer.

i traded a set of pxg gen 2 tours for CNCPT and then quickly sold them/traded them. They are very good but in my mind in the end not so much better than everything else for the 2.5x's price point. I split combo CNCPT 1 + 2. the smaller ones are same size as titleist mb blades. the larger ones are size of ap3 (but way better looking). my issue with the combo set was they are two distinctly different looking and feeling sets so it didn't work out for me so much. I felt they had different feel and sound especially the larger ones had a different sound. your results maybe different and you're smart not to make so many decisions in the winter weather. the lofts on the smaller blades are 48 gap, 44 pw, and so on, and so for blades they are quit strong but they fly well.

I'm quite surprised we aren't seeing more of them. Let's face it, Titleist has big mouths and they wave their product around every chance they get (due to them have a high amount of the market share for golf through balls, clubs, bags, etc). I am surprised I haven't seen anything in SoCal at the local courses.

We don't have anything to thank PXG for in the course of expensive irons and expensive clubs. Bob Parsons is smart in the reality that he knew he invested a ton into his R&D and needed to make up the costs (even being a ridiculously rich person himself) he knows that he needs to make money or go bust. Case and point, discount programs and a cheaper driver this year.

The point of the story is, most of us probably won't even be playing these. They're still in beta / trial before they go to big market (which they will be Titleist isn't dumb). I'm just surprised they're still so hush hush.

From what I know these are never really going to go to the masses like a normal retail release, they will be available at Titleist fitting facilities and select high end fitting facilities. They won't be marketed a whole lot and the price of them will attract only the people that really want them. If you are willing to pay the price for them you will be able to find a way to get them, but I don't see Titleist really pushing people to them. Same as how they have done int he past with Concept products.

ForTourUseOnly's WITB

Titleist TSR3 9 w/ Mitsubishi Chemical Tensei 1K Pro Orange 60 TX

Titleist TSR2+ 14.5 w/ Mitsubishi Chemical Tensei 1K Pro Orange 80 TX

Titleist TSR1 20 w/ Mitsubishi Chemical Tensei CK Pro Orange 100HY TX

Titleist T200U 2i - 19° w/ Mitsubishi Chemical MMT UT Utility Iron 105 TX

Titleist T150 4i, T100 5i-9i w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

Vokey SM9 47F, 51.5F, 56S, 60.05T w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue

Scotty Cameron Fastback TFB-1.5 T22 Tour

I'm quite surprised we aren't seeing more of them. Let's face it, Titleist has big mouths and they wave their product around every chance they get (due to them have a high amount of the market share for golf through balls, clubs, bags, etc). I am surprised I haven't seen anything in SoCal at the local courses.

We don't have anything to thank PXG for in the course of expensive irons and expensive clubs. Bob Parsons is smart in the reality that he knew he invested a ton into his R&D and needed to make up the costs (even being a ridiculously rich person himself) he knows that he needs to make money or go bust. Case and point, discount programs and a cheaper driver this year.

The point of the story is, most of us probably won't even be playing these. They're still in beta / trial before they go to big market (which they will be Titleist isn't dumb). I'm just surprised they're still so hush hush.

This lineup just isn’t that one bit. They aren’t going to market these at all. They hold the Concpt series very close to the vest. Not for everyone and you won’t “see” them nearly ever if at all. You will seek these out at a top certified fitter. BB

Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
Fairway: Titleist 917F2
Hybrid: A-Grind
2 iron: Ping Rapture
Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
Putter: Evnroll 9.1
Balls: ProV1

This lineup just isn't that one bit. They aren't going to market these at all. They hold the Concpt series very close to the vest. Not for everyone and you won't "see" them nearly ever if at all. You will seek these out at a top certified fitter. BB

While I agree with everything you said but the C16 was at least on the Titleist website so you could see the specs, product positioning and an overview of the product. I am a little surprised by Titleist that this is so stealth!

These are beauties!

But they're VERY expensive,,,,,,,,,,,, :lol:

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Titleist 716 AP-1  5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, DGS300

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 34*, RED, BGT Stability

Titleist Pro V1X

Heard Titleist is experimenting with coming out with a hotter faced iron this fall for the 720 release. Possibly cast irons. Should be interesting to say the least being that now they are about distance and keeping up with the pack hence TS2/3. I really wish they would release earlier rather than have to go the entire season.

My guess they will have some sort of page for these eventually. If I recall the C-16’s went this route as well. These are basically prototypes to test new methods, materials, etc. I’m guessing the price tag reflects the opportunity to play tech Titleist might utilize down the pike. That in itself lends to the stealthy approach as not to give away too many trade secrets prior to a potential full market launch. Basically if you can afford these and you are a very aggressive consumer looking for rare cutting edge product buy them and don’t ask too many questions ?

This lineup just isnt that one bit. They arent going to market these at all. They hold the Concpt series very close to the vest. Not for everyone and you wont see them nearly ever if at all. You will seek these out at a top certified fitter. BB

Roll out demo day with the irons at our club next week.

how much per head any idea?

$500 per club retail, any Shaft (except aerotech) and any grip

I've heard the same pricing but they may also include aerotech,

ForTourUseOnly's WITB

Any idea on release date to fitters? I have a CC fitting 3/1 and hope these are an option

I would make sure you let your fitter know so he can follow his protocol. I wouldn’t doubt he will need to contact his Rep.

• 4 weeks later...

i just saw these in a store, they look amazing.

they look just like a blade, i can’t imagine any technology in such a small package

Taylormade Stealth Plus Mitsu Kai'li White 70S
Taylormade SIM2 15  Tour AD DI 8S
Mizuno MP 20 3-PW ProjectX 6.0
Vokey SM7 54S and 60M
Cameron Newport 2 CT
Titleist ProV1x Left dash

Have had a CP 02 set since last August. Definitely the best set of high tech clubs I’ve owned to date. Had just gotten a set of i500s being a lifelong Ping fan. They were put away 2 days after I got these. Still hard to believe the technology is contained in these without the hollow real estate of other distance options. Better feeling than i500, PXG, P790, et al. Very little information on material and construction other than the face is the hardest material Titleist has ever tested. Doesn’t feel hard like the Ping i500 forged face does on slight Mishits. Unlike many distance player looking clubs they do not suffer the noticeable loss of needed spin.. Got 3-P. The 3 turned out to be hybrid type distance.

Have had a CP 02 set since last August. Definitely the best set of high tech clubs I've owned to date. Had just gotten a set of i500s being a lifelong Ping fan. They were put away 2 days after I got these. Still hard to believe the technology is contained in these without the hollow real estate of other distance options. Better feeling than i500, PXG, P790, et al. Very little information on material and construction other than the face is the hardest material Titleist has ever tested. Doesn't feel hard like the Ping i500 forged face does on slight Mishits. Unlike many distance player looking clubs they do not suffer the noticeable loss of needed spin.. Got 3-P. The 3 turned out to be hybrid type distance.

Not sure if you have but how would you compare the CP-02 3 iron distance to the 718TMB 2 iron?

ForTourUseOnly's WITB

Longer by a few yards. I believe Titleist said these irons were 2 clubs longer than the same equivalent club. The lofts of the CP-02 are the same as the 718TMB. Of course the “2 clubs longer” really needs more clarification/detail. Same loft, same iron number, AP1, AP3, TMB or AP2,CB,MB?

Also didn’t specify whether it was the CP-01 or CP-02 model.. Bigger surface/flex area on the CP-01 so maybe that is the 2 clubs longer model. But the CP-02 blade model is the longest iron I’ve owned whether game improvement, distance technology, or other category while still maintaining a players club appearance at address. The set has less offset than the 718MBs. Easily the most forgiving blade iron ever due to placement of high density tungsten.

Longer by a few yards. I believe Titleist said these irons were 2 clubs longer than the same equivalent club. The lofts of the CP-02 are the same as the 718TMB. Of course the “2 clubs longer” really needs more clarification/detail. Same loft, same iron number, AP1, AP3, TMB or AP2,CB,MB?

Also didn’t specify whether it was the CP-01 or CP-02 model.. Bigger surface/flex area on the CP-01 so maybe that is the 2 clubs longer model. But the CP-02 blade model is the longest iron I’ve owned whether game improvement, distance technology, or other category while still maintaining a players club appearance at address. The set has less offset than the 718MBs

i don’t understand how they did that, they’re so small

i can’t stop thinking about them

Taylormade Stealth Plus Mitsu Kai'li White 70S
Taylormade SIM2 15  Tour AD DI 8S
Mizuno MP 20 3-PW ProjectX 6.0
Vokey SM7 54S and 60M
Cameron Newport 2 CT
Titleist ProV1x Left dash

• 3 weeks later...

Pocket change

Taylormade Stealth 2 Plus 7*........................Project X Smoke Green 60 TX
Taylormade Stealth Plus 13*.........................Fujikura Ventus Black 8X
Taylormade Stealth Plus 17*.........................Fujikura Ventus Black 9X

Srixon ZX Utility 3..........................................Fujikura Ventus Black 10TX
Srixon ZX Utility 4..........................................Dynamic Gold X7
Srixon ZX7 5-9...............................................Dynamic Gold X7
Cleveland Zipcore Raw 47, 53......................Dynamic Gold X7

Vokey Wedge Works V Grind 59..................Dynamic Gold S400
Yes! Ann.........................................................KBS GPS 120