Why do I keep going back to the bay? (No, I don’t have a boat there)

ffmedicmatt

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know exactly how you feel. I just recently decided, for some unknown reason, that I needed to try a Mizuno GT180 Driver so went to the Bay and found a great deal on a head only. Then figured what the heck, if I'm trying a new head blind, might as well get me a new shaft to throw in blind as well, so right back there I go to get me an Even Flow White. A few days go by (new head and shaft haven't even arrived yet), and I decide maybe I should also try the ST180 head since the prices are so great on these things and compare spin/launch conditions. Found a great member here who was nice enough to sell his head for heck of a deal on a basically new ST head.

Finally got everything and got it all put together. Got to play 4 rounds so far with the various combos, and have been hitting them so well I just decided about 20 minutes ago that if I'm hitting these drivers so well I better try the fairways! Did some quick eBay searching and found a "Mint" condition GT180 fairway from Global Golf for BIN $139.99 with free shipping (which turned out to be $149.93, as they are now charging sales tax).

Kicker is, for some reason I decide to go to Mizuno website immediately after completing my eBay transaction, and wouldn't you know it, they are selling brand new with the same shaft I got for $130.00 with free shipping (tax also charged so came out to $137.48), but would include headcover and wrench which eBay purchase doesn't. So now I'm in the middle of reaching out to Global and see if they'd be willing to cancel that order. I'll go ahead with the purchase through Global if they don't grant the cancellation, but really hoping they either will or at least through in a headcover.

I've got to get off this eBay cycle, or next I'll be telling myself I better try the hybrids too!

WITB:
Mizuno GT/ST-180 Dr w/ EvenFlow White 6.0 75
Mizuno GT-180 3wd w/ Tensei CK White 75
TM UDI 1, 3 w/ KBS C-Taper Lite S
TM P770 4-PW w/ TT Tour Concept Satin
TM Milled Grind 52* LB and 58* SB
Odyssey O-Works 7S Tank

Putters are a known addiction. Just accept it and keep going.

Woods: Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 9*, Ventus Blue 6S / TM Stealth Plus+, 15*, MCA Diamana Thump 75S
Hybrid: PXG 0317 X Proto 3H & 4H, Ventus Blue 7S

Irons: Takomo IRON 101, 5-PW, Accra T90i S
Wedges: Cleveland CBX ZipCore  48* Accra T90i S, 53* & 58*, Accra T100i S
Putter: Evnroll ER 1.2, Tour KBS GPS, 33",
 SuperStroke MidSlim 2.0
Ball: Maxfli Tour
Bag/Cart: '20 Nike Air Hybrid 2 / Clicgear 4.0 / Alphard Club Booster V2 / V2 Swivel Kit
Accessories: Arccos 360 / Garmin G80 / Nikon Coolshot Pro Stabilized

I know you guys are talking putters, but since I already posted figured I'd give an update on my sitch - Global refused the cancellation, so I'm going to eat it and chalk it up to me being a bonehead.

I might now have to go back to the Bay for a cheap headcover, but while I'm at it might as well just buy a ST180 head that includes headcover and wrench?

WITB:
Odyssey O-Works 7S Tank

I know you guys are talking putters, but since I already posted figured I'd give an update on my sitch - Global refused the cancellation, so I'm going to eat it and chalk it up to me being a bonehead.

Before chalking it up to eating it from Global Golf (Ebay) sale call them and actually talk to them. They allow you to return a club for any reason withing 30 days as listed on their web site. I am sure the same policy holds true for their Ebay sales. From the GlobalGolf web site.

Return Policies

• You may return any item, with the exception of custom or personalized products, for any reason within 30 days of receipt of the product for a complete refund of the product price.
  • The return shipping and/or pickup costs will be deducted from your merchandise credit or refund, except when the return is due to our error.
  • Product must be returned in the same condition as it was sold, except for Playability Guarantee items.
  • Item must not be used nor altered and must include all inserts and accessories, if applicable.
  • If the item has been used or is not in the same condition as it was sold, a 15% restocking fee may be applied or your return refused

https://www.globalgo.../about/returns/

You should only be out return shipping. Give it a shot. Here is return info from Ebay.

I might now have to go back to the Bay for a cheap headcover, but while I'm at it might as well just buy a ST180 head that includes headcover and wrench?

Global golf offers free returns on eBay. They cover the return shipping. Look at the returns section on the listing page of the club you bought.

Global golf offers free returns on eBay. They cover the return shipping. Look at the returns section on the listing page of the club you bought.

Interesting. I see what what you are saying, in one place, "Return Policy" near the bottom of the page it does say that Seller pays return shipping, but in another it says "customer is responsible for all shipping ...". I guess it doesn't hurt to ask them, but not a huge deal either way since it was my mistake for not realizing sooner I could've got it brand new with accessories a few bucks cheaper direct from Mizuno.

WITB:
Odyssey O-Works 7S Tank

When/if its not in as good of shaoe as advertised maybe u can send it back and eat the shipping? Hard to beat brand new with headcover and tool!!!

When/if its not in as good of shaoe as advertised maybe u can send it back and eat the shipping? Hard to beat brand new with headcover and tool!!!

I see what you're asking there, but that just isn't me since it was my mistake. Sure, maybe I could "work the system", but not worth the hit to my Karma for $15-20.

Also, this was the GT model, and I now have an ST model on it's way that includes wrench and headcover. Won't end up keeping both driver heads or 3 wds, so will recoup some of the up-front costs once I decide what works better for me.

WITB:
Odyssey O-Works 7S Tank

Just an update (if anyone is still reading this forum and isn't blinded by all the white and pogs), but got both my 3 woods today.  The GT from Global Golf that I wanted to cancel because I realized after the fact it didn't have headcover or wrench, and the ST I got from  

twogrooveslow that had headcover/wrench.  Both were better than advertised.  The Global Golf GT you couldn't even see a ball mark on the face, and the ST from twogrooveslow was new in plastic, and included the headcover and wrench.  I'll keep both for now and do some on-course testing, then sell off the other.

I hope to be able to get out and hit these Friday and will give feedback, but if you guys can find a deal on these 2018 models don't hesitate!  I'm actually thinking of keeping both Driver heads and switching out based on ground conditions, but will most likely figure out which fairway I hit better from the turf and then sell off the other.

WITB:
Odyssey O-Works 7S Tank