2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

We have done this 15 mile trail a few times. Most start at the Taft Tunnel in Montana and ride almost 2 miles through the mountain into Idaho and then gently downhill through 11 tunnels and over 9 high trestles. You can catch a shuttle bus at the bottom for a ride back up. It is a spectacular and fairly easy ride.

Very cool indeed, scotee! That is so reminiscent of the Kettle Valley Rail Trail in the Okanagan Valley where my son lives. I've hiked stretches of it, but never rode any of it yet. One day I'm going to do that. My BIL and SIL did it last summer riding a 48 km (30 mi.) section of it as there is close to 300 km in total in the entire system that runs from Kelowna down to Okanagan Falls.

A couple of summers ago DW and I rode a section of it in Summerland on the Kettle Valley Steam Railway featuring a restored locomotive and open cars with spectacular views when we stopped on the Trout Creek trestle bridge.

[media=]http://youtu.be/-n7j3BXbyX4[/media]

That looks like a nice trip. We have been in the Okanagan Valley on the Washington side but not across the border there. Going on our bucket list.

We have hiked in the Wallowa mountains in Oregon about 2 hrs. South of us for years. Friends

have done this rail bike down there and said it was a good time.

https://jbrailriders.com/inthemedia/

There are so many good places like this. We did part of the Creeper Trail in Virginia when we visited friends in Asheville and their vacation place in Abingdon.

We have also seen people in a rail car club riding along the Snake River here in the LC valley. That line is still in use but they can evidently ride it with permission and when not in use.

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

This one's for you Judge Reasey. All you need is a trained animal. Rub of the green and all :)

https://www.msn.com/en-us/video/viral/now-thats-a-birdie-eagle-helps-golfer-get-a-hole-in-one/vi-BBUJhOw

(the ad and video are almost unwatchable but you get the idea)

Beat me to it, I had it all ready to post and bingo there it was.

Heel has been xrayed and ultra sound, results on their way, been painful the last two days, hoping for a fix.

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

How do you delete a post, this was another post that doubled up, happened several times today, and I could not delete it, had to post something in the space.

Signed

Frustrated.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

All replies MOST appreciated! Can always count on my Grille buds to come thru. Always learn something,

So the build was done with glue dried Sunday. Last eve my son gave them a test run at the range. The new iron shafts absolutely fixed the constant pushes and fades. He's also happy with his Titleist 915 D2 without any added weight, but is aware of the ability to add it later should he feel the need. FWIW, I liked that driver myself. Not enough to change, but would definitely snag one in hoe mode one day. Thanks again my friends!

That 915 D2 is an excellent driver--- That is my back up to the Homna

Interesting. Been hankering to "upgrade" my driver of late. Now two favorable in-house reports on the 915. Been contemplating trying a D with a ~ 50g shaft, thinking I might be able to pick up a couple mph of ball speed by swinging a lighter shaft. And a head more current may offer a bit more forgiveness (i.e. higher MOI) across the face on less than optimum ball strikes. The 910 can be penal if hit out on the toe (high and toe side being my typical miss).

See a number of 915's on the Bay that are right in my wheelhouse of how much I'd like to spend. Investigating ULW shaft retrofit into the 910 D2 is appx. 50% of the expense of going to a more current model. For an extra $50 -$75, may be more prudent to just upgrade. Been "watching" for a suitable candidate.

Don't know if Titleist are max distance drivers, but they sure like to go straight. Least that's been my experience with the 983, 905, 910 succession. Plus they always feel solid when striking the ball, unlike the current crop of composite head drivers. Of a concern though, incrementalism will not achieve the intended results. That a 915 will not be all that much different that what I already have in the bag. Will have to be one of those "leap of faith" decisions to see if better results can be realized. Not like I'll be able to test one out beforehand.

IDK. Still have plenty of stuff sitting around unused that could be liquidated. With the proceeds reallocated.

My 915 has a 60 gram Diamana shaft in it. Like I said if I did not have the Homna the 915 would be in the bag. I get a little more run out with the Homna maybe 8 yards or so. The 915 does not have a bad feel at all but the Homna is superb.

Good job of sniff testing. Excellent in fact. FWIW My sonny boy's has an Aldila RIP Stiff. Never was a fan of marketing stuff with a cheesy play toward the occult but that darned stick is a rocket launcher fo-sho!

Many years ago, lived in a house with a train cutting directly at the back fence line, mainly electric so not too noisy.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Trains are doing huge business in hauling freight; most of it in containers double stacked

on flat cars. Far cheaper than trucking the freight cross country; even counting the truck

cartage to and from the rail yards.

Many trucking companies these days have dedicated fleets that do nothing but haul

those containers to and from consignees/shippers and the various rail yards in geographic

areas. I have friends in the business that do nothing but that so they can stay local and

go home every night.

If you're ever out on the open road you'll probably see a freight train somewhere stacked

to the hilt and a mile long running on tracks not far from the interstate highways.

So, freight trains are booming and have been for a good while now. On the other hand

passenger trains are losers and have to be subsidized by government to stay in business.

Most have disappeared except for in large metro areas where they're used as public

transport and politicians make sure they get enough government funds to stay afloat.

Nothing like watching C-Span and watching senators debate the latest keep Amtrak

alive bill, lol. I think I'd rather watch reruns of the Flintstones.

pl

Plop.

Passenger rail is big business in Australia as most work a long way from home being a very stretched out society. Son parks in the rail car park and travels one hour each way for work, cheaper and easier than by car. Biggest problem it is run by the government so is not extreemly efficient. I suppose we are better off than the UK who have sold the rail network to private companies and they are now almost in total meltdown.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Seems most of the rail talked about here is nostalgia rail tourist attractions. I've seen those scattered about the

country. I haven't gone on any of them.............other than at Disneyland..............does that count?

I remember way way back when I was a kid my mom taking me on a train ride to L.A. My memory of it is not

that great but I do remember some elevators were involved at some points. Then there was some other one

in L.A. called Angel's Flight; Los Angeles translated meaning City of Angels. I think those trains are long gone.

Now this brings to memory the old amusement park in Santa Monica called Pacific Ocean Park; dubbed P.O.P.

by most. Wow did we kids get excited when our parents announced they were taking us there; usually once

each summer. The park was right on the ocean which made riding the ferris wheel or roller coaster all the

more exhilarating as you felt like you were going right over the ocean when you were up high.

There was also a lesser amusement park in Long Beach called the Pike; if I'm remembering correctly. The Pike

did not have a good reputation though as the sailors from the big naval base there at the time would go there

to party and parents stopped taking their young kids there. Eventually tattoo parlors popped up and the whole

place become rather seedy and was eventually torn down and the Long Beach Convention Center was built

on the site.

P.O.P. was also eventually torn down. Change is inevitable.

My ex wife was from Wildwood, NJ and used to tell me all about the great boardwalk there. Sadly, we never

went there so she could show me since I dragged her out to live in California. We met in Florida....but that's

another story. Anyway, when we were living in Gilroy, CA it was just a hop over Mt. Madonna to Santa Cruz

and we went there quite often in the summer. Back then there was a nice boardwalk there and a great beach.

She always reminded me how small the boardwalk was there compared to Wildwood.

Sometimes we'd detour and go over to Monterey Bay and Carmel and down to Big Sur. The coastline of Central

California is magnificent. Much of it looks like what you see at Pebble Beach though a lot of it is so rugged

and wild and uninhabitable that no one can build on it so it has been preserved as a state park/national park.

Wow, stream of consciousness......................I grew up going to the beaches in Orange County; Seal Beach,

Huntington Beach, Newport Beach and Laguna Beach. When I look back on life in California these days I

don't miss much but I will always miss the smells and feels of the afternoon breeze blowing in off the cool

Pacific Ocean. I spent so much time in my youth at those beaches and also fishing the deep sea off the

coastline and at Catalina and San Clemente Islands.

I'm jumping around and rambling, lol. I guess that's what happens when the memories get triggered. I think

Scotee might have been to some of these places and also fished the waters off the California coast. He

grew up in an area we all called the Inland Empire, a bit further inland than where I grew up but not that

far. We grew up about 40 miles apart. Small world.

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

Seems most of the rail talked about here is nostalgia rail tourist attractions. I've seen those scattered about the

country. I haven't gone on any of them.............other than at Disneyland..............does that count?

I remember way way back when I was a kid my mom taking me on a train ride to L.A. My memory of it is not

that great but I do remember some elevators were involved at some points. Then there was some other one

in L.A. called Angel's Flight; Los Angeles translated meaning City of Angels. I think those trains are long gone.

Now this brings to memory the old amusement park in Santa Monica called Pacific Ocean Park; dubbed P.O.P.

by most. Wow did we kids get excited when our parents announced they were taking us there; usually once

each summer. The park was right on the ocean which made riding the ferris wheel or roller coaster all the

more exhilarating as you felt like you were going right over the ocean when you were up high.

There was also a lesser amusement park in Long Beach called the Pike; if I'm remembering correctly. The Pike

did not have a good reputation though as the sailors from the big naval base there at the time would go there

to party and parents stopped taking their young kids there. Eventually tattoo parlors popped up and the whole

place become rather seedy and was eventually torn down and the Long Beach Convention Center was built

on the site.

My ex wife was from Wildwood, NJ and used to tell me all about the great boardwalk there. Sadly, we never

went there so she could show me since I dragged her out to live in California. We met in Florida....but that's

another story. Anyway, when we were living in Gilroy, CA it was just a hop over Mt. Madonna to Santa Cruz

and we went there quite often in the summer. Back then there was a nice boardwalk there and a great beach.

Sometimes we'd detour and go over to Monterey Bay and Carmel and down to Big Sur. The coastline of Central

California is magnificent. Much of it looks like what you see at Pebble Beach though a lot of it is so rugged

and wild and uninhabitable that no one can build on it so it has been preserved as a state park/national park.

Wow, stream of consciousness......................I grew up going to the beaches in Orange County; Seal Beach,

Huntington Beach, Newport Beach and Laguna Beach. When I look back on life in California these days I

don't miss much but I will always miss the smells and feels of the afternoon breeze blowing in off the cool

Pacific Ocean. I spent so much time in my youth at those beaches and also fishing the deep sea off the

I'm jumping around and rambling, lol. I guess that's what happens when the memories get triggered. I think

Scotee might have been to some of these places and also fished the waters off the California coast. He

grew up in an area we all called the Inland Empire, a bit further inland than where I grew up but not that

Jumping round and changing subject for no reason is also what happens after retirement, too much time on your hands to think what used to be.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Another old memory, if anyone can relate; maybe not.

When we were kids if some place was far away, it didn't matter where....we called it Cucamonga. Pronounced

Kook-a-monga. I guess we got it from our parents...or someone.......so if some place was far in our minds we'd

say "wow, that's way out in Cucamonga".

We didn't know until we got older that there really is a town called Cucamonga....it wasn't just lore and it wasn't

that far away. Today it's called Rancho Cucamonga......Californians like the word Rancho; makes a place seem

more than it is if you put Rancho in front of the name. Actually, just put some Spanish in the name and it adds

something......Marina Del Rey...............Laguna Niguel...........San Juan Capistrano....you get the idea.

Gotta remember Father Junipero Serra walked the state along a route called the El Camino Real and built the

famous Californa Missions in I think the 1600s so there's a rich Spanish history in the state.

Oddly, one town; Temecula...changed their name to Rancho Temecula and then changed it back to just Temecula

again. Don't know the story behind it; just remember it being done. Crazy Callfornians.

SLED Gemini

One last thing and then I'll shut up and let others talk as the Judge says.

Speaking of the old train whistles..................my first wife grew up right off Knott ave. just down the street

from Knott's Berry Farm in Buena Park. She told me they could hear the train whistles coming from the '

park all the time. I was at her parent's house with her many times and sure enough you could; loud and

clear. I imagine you still can today if you're in close proximity to the park. Probably the same for those

living near Disneyland in Anaheim.

SLED Gemini

on the site.

Yep Rad.

Gilroy Garlic Festival

Beaches we went to: Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Laguna Beach, San Clemente, Oceanside, La Jolla, Ensenada, San Felipe.

My Dad took us to Tijuana once and let me buy firecrackers, cherry bombs, M-80's and a cheap switchblade knife. I felt like a very cool bad@ss.

My uncle lived in Escondido and we went down the old 2 lane 395 to visit. Temecula was tiny and the highway was Main street.

Murrieta where Rickie Fowler is from was Murrieta Hot Springs and just a little bus stop.

I have wondered how close our paths have crossed back then :)

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Another old memory, if anyone can relate; maybe not.

When we were kids if some place was far away, it didn't matter where....we called it Cucamonga. Pronounced

Kook-a-monga. I guess we got it from our parents...or someone.......so if some place was far in our minds we'd

say "wow, that's way out in Cucamonga".

We didn't know until we got older that there really is a town called Cucamonga....it wasn't just lore and it wasn't

that far away. Today it's called Rancho Cucamonga......Californians like the word Rancho; makes a place seem

more than it is if you put Rancho in front of the name. Actually, just put some Spanish in the name and it adds

something......Marina Del Rey...............Laguna Niguel...........San Juan Capistrano....you get the idea.

Gotta remember Father Junipero Serra walked the state along a route called the El Camino Real and built the

famous Californa Missions in I think the 1600s so there's a rich Spanish history in the state.

Oddly, one town; Temecula...changed their name to Rancho Temecula and then changed it back to just Temecula

again. Don't know the story behind it; just remember it being done. Crazy Callfornians.

The triple tag line does sometimes grab attention. Never been to Sault Ste. Marie but it sounds like somewhere to go. Can say I've been to Minneapolis St. Paul, but I that one's more about one airport and two cities (I think). Funny how sometimes the name gets smashed into one word. Texarkana.

Must be a travel agent's nightmare when john Cougar Mellencamp travels to Port Ste. Lucie and stays in the Grand Hilton Towers. Much easier to send Ed Smith to Austin and stick him in a Motel 6. Less typos that way. :)

Radro I come from a place happy enough to generally keep town, citiy, and county names down to a single word. Easy enough when we're talking "Albertville" or "Smithton". Gets way more complicated when obscure American Indian references are in play. Suddenly a jurisdiction is impossible to spell and has ten different pronunciations. LOL we didn't get much national attention where I'm from. But on the rare occasion we made the national news... not one broadcaster ever managed to come remotely close to pronouncing the county we lived in. And you see such names on paper for the first time, you totally understand why they were never going to get it right.

We'd been far better off going with Ranch Cucamonga.

Jumping round and changing subject for no reason is also what happens after retirement, too much time on your hands to think what used to be.

Too much time on my hands in a minute...

One Dog Night coming to our town. Danny Hutton is the only one left. One is the loneliest number... http://www.midlandtheatre.org/tdn.html

So today is the Ides of March. Reading up on it (never made sense to me, as I read down) As you can see in this wiki article, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ides_of_March under the religious portion, one of the observances is: This observance, which has aspects of scapegoat or ancient Greek pharmakos ritual, involved beating an old man dressed in animal skins and perhaps driving him from the city. The ritual may have been a new year festival representing the expulsion of the old year. So I guess I'll go get some animal skins today :yes:

And finally, being of the retired persuasion, back to "Too Much Time on My Hands"

Well guys , it is now official. We no longer have to be concerned with the first tee of the day. There is no longer any reason for nervous jitters.

Watched a little of the Players today. Just happened to turn it on as El Tigre was walking onto the first tee. I then sat locked to the TV as he proceeded to

get to the 4th hole,before he hit the fairway first. He did get three bounces...two off trees and a third off a lady...and they ended up in the short

grass. But......BUT.... NONE of the first three tee shots got past 200 yards. ! The announcers were sad....I on the other hand was happy.

I actually hit my first three tee shots today farther than Tiger !

Its gonna be a great year !

when you reach a certain level in life,its the little things that count !

Hang in there Wriggs ! We hit it as far off the tee as Woods did today....well...his first three anyway !

I guess we shouldn't feel too badly.

Walked 14 yesterday, played about the same as Wednesday. Didn't putt as well, though. Carried the 5,7,PW of the 09 X Forged, along with driver, 3W, and a Bulls Eye putter.

I was really beat when I got home.

Huh???? As long as your going full Pharmakos, may as well be the beater rather than the beatee. Easier to find a 4 iron than some animal skins on the quick. Being an old man retiree doesn't mean one has to act the part. Just sayin'.

Et tu, Brute? (Julius Caesar. Act III, Scene 1)

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

Too much time on my hands in a minute...

One Dog Night coming to our town. Danny Hutton is the only one left. One is the loneliest number... http://www.midlandtheatre.org/tdn.html

So today is the Ides of March. Reading up on it (never made sense to me, as I read down) As you can see in this wiki article, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ides_of_March under the religious portion, one of the observances is: This observance, which has aspects of scapegoat or ancient Greek pharmakos ritual, involved beating an old man dressed in animal skins and perhaps driving him from the city. The ritual may have been a new year festival representing the expulsion of the old year. So I guess I'll go get some animal skins today :yes:

And finally, being of the retired persuasion, back to "Too Much Time on My Hands"

Never realised the ides refered to other months also, I suppose March is the important one because of the death of Julius.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Huh???? As long as your going full Pharmakos, may as well be the beater rather than the beatee. Easier to find a 4 iron than some animal skins on the quick. Being an old man retiree doesn't mean one has to act the part. Just sayin'.

Absolutely, but I do like to push sixties buttons with him being the latest Grille member in the retirement club, he will soon find out the realities of it.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Exactly and with that in mind it's time to lay down some cool R&B lines:

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Exactly and with that in mind it's time to lay down some cool R&B lines:

Cool man, cool. :)

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

pl

SLED Gemini

A nice little video tribute to Pacific Ocean Park (POP)

SLED Gemini

Very cool Rad. Can imagine how much fun could be had at POP in a time long ago and far away. During the wonderfully simple days of our youth. Was Edgewater Park here. Even though it was not on the edge of any water. Just a "basic" amusement park long before the mega-parks that they have now.

Great song accompanying the picture montage, sets the mood perfectly. One of those catchy tunes (by the Motels) that keeps rolling around in your head for awhile after hearing it again.

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

[media=]

[/media]

For some reason we never made it over to see that. We went to Santa Monica to see an aunt one time but never to the beach up that far North. We did Disneyland and Knotts Berry Farm a few times. Good memories.

My Dad is a retired barber and was very carful with his money. I smile to think of how much he stressed over his $11000 mortgage and the 13 dollars we spent the first time we went to Disneyland.

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

[media=]

[/media]

For some reason we never made it over to see that. We went to Santa Monica to see an aunt one time but never to the beach up that far North. We did Disneyland and Knotts Berry Farm a few times. Good memories.

My Dad is a retired barber and was very carful with his money. I smile to think of how much he stressed over his $11000 mortgage and the 13 dollars we spent the first time we went to Disneyland.

Money was different then, my first weeks wages as a tradesman fully qualified was around £25 a week, my first ever mortgage £ 3,000. How times have changed.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Guess I'm surprised a little. Found this one and had to then go find out what "DOTA 2" is. Turns out it's an online game - Defense of the Ancients. Even more surprised any online game gets as much production value as a high budget movie.

Anywho, I often enjoy not only what get's done in music, but how it's done. (Kinda like golf).

Thought you gents might also enjoy.

Guess I'm surprised a little. Found this one and had to then go find out what "DOTA 2" is. Turns out it's an online game - Defense of the Ancients. Even more surprised any online game gets as much production value as a high budget movie.

Anywho, I often enjoy not only what get's done in music, but how it's done. (Kinda like golf).

Thought you gents might also enjoy.

[media=]

[/media]

That's awesome! And I'm so glad to see real instruments being used. You just can't beat

the real deal though I'm sure there's a price for all this....someone was willing to pay.

EDIT: What blows my mind is someone composed this and very painstakingly wrote out

the parts for all the instruments. That's a lot of work; even for such a short piece; not to

mention the mind it takes to do it all.

I have great admiration for these people who compose and write out scores for movies,

games, shows, etc......and then the production to match it up with the movie scenes, etc.

Also add, that most of the time these people are dealing with deadlines and budgets.

It's mind boggling to me that they have the imagination to begin with and then to make

it happen and end up with a finished product like this short video. Think about what it

takes then to score a whole movie!

SLED Gemini

It's Friday and that means.......................new itunes releases...................

I go on there every Friday to see what's new. It's become a new addiction, like golf, eBay...and the

list keeps growing.

Cobi and I have those rock looking speakers outside in back. We both love music and have it playing

out back constantly during the day and into the night. Hard to explain but music just sounds really good

outside and the way we are situated we get a little echo effect too. We don't really crank it up loud but

keep it at low to medium volume. On the front and back of our house there are just woods and the homes

to the sides of us are far enough away that no one has ever complained in the 15 years we've been doing

it. The birds like it too. They fly in and perch in the trees and do singalongs.....or dance on the ground

looking for little crawlers to eat.

SLED Gemini

Reading thru the other Forums.... Found the most interesting . deep thought provoking, question of the day.

Takes some really golf obsessed folks to come up with this one

" What is the best pen to mark your ball with"?

I dont see how that can be beat !

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

Reading thru the other Forums.... Found the most interesting . deep thought provoking, question of the day.

Takes some really golf obsessed folks to come up with this one

" What is the best pin to mark your ball with"?

I dont see how that can be beat !

Sharpie................../end thread................................lol......well maybe I should go look.....nah

You see Gianni's thread of the day was about mid/high handicappers playing blades??!!

Talk about a topic that's been beat to death.....I like Gianni and am not a Gianni basher

but that was an odd pick for the thread of the day.

SLED Gemini

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)