You have to question Phil's character at this point

Comments

• dropkickeddropkicked TorontoMembers Posts: 493 ✭✭
    Couples1 wrote:

dropkicked wrote:

Couples1 wrote:

dropkicked wrote:

The elite always pay to get their kids into schools.. some donate $ so they can build a new wing, have it named after them and their kids get a free ride...

It's the tax deductions and the fraudulent test scores that will be their problem. Just because Phil says his kids are so smart doesn't mean they are ( sound familiar). If they are anything like that ditz on youtube ... oh my, there is going to be trouble. This nation is not in the mood for anymore financial scandals involving the public.
    I don't think they really care. Parent's are filthy rich, they will work for their parents or use up their $. Nepotism, is real.. and these dumb twats will always get high paying jobs simply because of who they are.. that's life in the "big smoke"... *shrugs*

If it bothers you that much their is a simple solution... make & save more $. image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

It is funny they got caught ... and they do care , tax evasion is a major no no to even the wealthy.
    sorry, I don't understand your US tax system enough to understand how bribing school officials can rear tax evasion charges.

But the fact is that this has and always will take place.. It's simply shooting par...
  • bladehunterbladehunter Today was a good day.... Members Posts: 25,868 ✭✭
    jmkenn0 wrote:

Dr. Block wrote:

I wonder if even half the people on this thread could live up to the moral standards they hold their professional athletes too...

Only the ones posting from their moms basement. It's funny how the ones who alwasy crow the loudest in these type cases are the transients and m/or the large heirs to estates that have afforded their retirement. The rest know that speed limits are written at a level with breakage in mind. Every Market in every corner of the world would crash if every law were followed 100 %. Why ? No money would flow. Spending is what makes it all work. The money hoarders think they are the pillars of the system and therefore above reproach . In fact they are the selfish ones with bad character compared to the spenders like Phil.

reductio ad absurdum

What kept you ? Canasta run late ?
    TM Tour M6 11.2 * KK Tini XTS 70X
    TM Tour 17 M1 14.5* Graphite Design ADDI 8x
    TM Tour M5 19.8 * Aldila Synergy Blue 70TX  
    Titleist Tour Proto MB 3-pw Modus 130X
    Ping Glide Forged   54 60 S400
    Cameron GSS 009 1.5 tungsten sole weights, sound slot
  • bladehunterbladehunter Today was a good day.... Members Posts: 25,868 ✭✭
    dropkicked wrote:

Couples1 wrote:

dropkicked wrote:

Couples1 wrote:

dropkicked wrote:

The elite always pay to get their kids into schools.. some donate $ so they can build a new wing, have it named after them and their kids get a free ride...

It's the tax deductions and the fraudulent test scores that will be their problem. Just because Phil says his kids are so smart doesn't mean they are ( sound familiar). If they are anything like that ditz on youtube ... oh my, there is going to be trouble. This nation is not in the mood for anymore financial scandals involving the public.
    I don't think they really care. Parent's are filthy rich, they will work for their parents or use up their $. Nepotism, is real.. and these dumb twats will always get high paying jobs simply because of who they are.. that's life in the "big smoke"... *shrugs*

If it bothers you that much their is a simple solution... make & save more $. image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

It is funny they got caught ... and they do care , tax evasion is a major no no to even the wealthy.
    sorry, I don't understand your US tax system enough to understand how bribing school officials can rear tax evasion charges.

But the fact is that this has and always will take place.. It's simply shooting par...

I assume they mean that if they count the payments as tax deductions for kids school etc. that becomes tax fraud ? Our govts favorite net to fish with.
    TM Tour M6 11.2 * KK Tini XTS 70X
    TM Tour 17 M1 14.5* Graphite Design ADDI 8x
    TM Tour M5 19.8 * Aldila Synergy Blue 70TX  
    Titleist Tour Proto MB 3-pw Modus 130X
    Ping Glide Forged   54 60 S400
    Cameron GSS 009 1.5 tungsten sole weights, sound slot
  • cardoustiecardoustie haha, we don't play for 5's Members Posts: 11,849 ✭✭
    Explain to me why a business exists for university placement counselling?

Can only exist for special privileges and influence of the uber wealthy, which surely can shock absolutely nobody. Little Jimmy has a 68 avg, can we make it 83 and Daddy

will donate $100k for a building ? ... sad but the nature of the world nowadays it seems

Normal students supply transcripts, write tests, apply and admissions decides if they get in

Did I see somewhere that Trump's kid was yapping about this "scandal" yet his Dad gave money to his school .... as I am sure POTUS's father did the same for him
    Ping G400 LST 11* Oban Revenge 65x
    Ping G400 5w 16.5* Oban Kiyoshi White 65s
    Ping G25 7w 20* Fubuki Tour 73x
    Ping G25 4h 23* Diamana White 92s
    Callaway Apex 5h 26* Mitsu KK 80s
    Ping s55 6-PW Fujikura mci 100s
    Vokey sm2 50* 54* 59* 64* DG s400 Onyx
    Piretti Matera Elite (torched)
  • legitimategolflegitimategolf Golf hard New York NYMembers Posts: 4,629 ✭✭
    People are overreacting in defense of Phil. The OP is not saying lock him up or anything. Just questioning a person's character--is that such a big deal nowadays? Why is it so wrong to question Phil Mickelson's character. Is my question to you. Everyone's character gets judged I think.
  • jmkenn0jmkenn0 Members Posts: 688 ✭✭

jmkenn0 wrote:

Dr. Block wrote:

I wonder if even half the people on this thread could live up to the moral standards they hold their professional athletes too...

Only the ones posting from their moms basement. It's funny how the ones who alwasy crow the loudest in these type cases are the transients and m/or the large heirs to estates that have afforded their retirement. The rest know that speed limits are written at a level with breakage in mind. Every Market in every corner of the world would crash if every law were followed 100 %. Why ? No money would flow. Spending is what makes it all work. The money hoarders think they are the pillars of the system and therefore above reproach . In fact they are the selfish ones with bad character compared to the spenders like Phil.

reductio ad absurdum

What kept you ? Canasta run late ?

Had to engage in some insider trading since apparently you can only be successful wearing a suit and "spreading the wealth" - trying to get out of my mom's basement.
  • Dr. BlockDr. Block Members Posts: 610 ✭✭

People are overreacting in defense of Phil. The OP is not saying lock him up or anything. Just questioning a person's character--is that such a big deal nowadays? Why is it so wrong to question Phil Mickelson's character. Is my question to you. Everyone's character gets judged I think.

Because he is using the pretense of some sort of implied guilt in a scandal that Phil hasn't been connected to in any sort of criminal sense to state his supposed lack of character. He should just openly say (like Ferguson does) that he doesn't like Phil - there would be more dignity in it.
  • Couples1Couples1 Members Posts: 150

Their 'donation' knowingly went to a scam non-profit ... they deducted that 'donation' of their taxable income. Not good, especially since the wire taps and the canaries have them laughing about it.
  • legitimategolflegitimategolf Golf hard New York NYMembers Posts: 4,629 ✭✭
    Dr. Block wrote:

Because he is using the pretense of some sort of implied guilt in a scandal that Phil hasn't been connected to in any sort of criminal sense to state his supposed lack of character. He should just openly say (like Ferguson does) that he doesn't like Phil - there would be more dignity in it.

How dare he.
  • BottleCapBottleCap Members Posts: 1,329 ✭✭
    cardoustie wrote:

Explain to me why a business exists for university placement counselling?

Can only exist for special privileges and influence of the uber wealthy, which surely can shock absolutely nobody. Little Jimmy has a 68 avg, can we make it 83 and Daddy

will donate $100k for a building ? ... sad but the nature of the world nowadays it seems

Normal students supply transcripts, write tests, apply and admissions decides if they get in

Did I see somewhere that Trump's kid was yapping about this "scandal" yet his Dad gave money to his school .... as I am sure POTUS's father did the same for him

that’s why Phil is in this mess.

Universities have raised the prices, they don’t want 100k from a guy like Phil, they want 10 million, so Phil tried to back door it
    Titleist TS2 GD TourAD DI 7S
    Titleist 917 F3 GD TourAD IZ 8S
    Mizuno MP-18 MMC 3-4 DG AMT S300
    Mizuno MP-18 5-PW DG S400
    Vokey SM7 54M and 60M
    Cameron Newport 2 CT
    Bridgestone Tour B XS
    edited Mar 15, 2019 3:18pm #72

Dr. Block wrote:

How dare he.

You're right, he should be allowed to peddle his subjective nonsense without anyone questioning it.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Broessner71Broessner71 Members Posts: 89 ✭✭
    Histrionic personality At it’s best .
  • PhreddyPhreddy Members Posts: 613 ✭✭
    You can burn Phil at the stake. I don't care.

i do feel badly for his daughter, a high school senior, who was admitted to Brown. A very selective school.

I would like to believe she gained admission based upon merit, but before ever setting foot on campus her acceptance will be tainted by the shoot first ask questions later mentality of web threads like this.

Phred
    If you need a grinder to make your weld look good, you are a grinder not a welder.
  • King_SlenderKing_Slender Members Posts: 1,454 ✭✭
    manku wrote:

I don't think that anyone is finding Phil guilty...not even the haters and skeptics.

However, all the OP did was point out the "teflon" nature of Phil...he's been involved in some shady incidents, yet it doesn't seem to affect his popularity or endorsement value.

I'm still amazed that KPMG didn't drop him after the Dean Foods trading scheme...but maybe I'm just being naive, especially if you read about the 1mdb scandal.

This is all I was implying - Phil is teflon. Tiger was guilty of cheating on his wife (not illegal) and sponsors dropped him like it was nothing. Phil is always lurking around shady business/investment dealings and nobody cares.
  • DavePelz4DavePelz4 A golf course in the Chicago area.ClubWRX Posts: 24,330 ClubWRX

DavePelz4 wrote:

IBTL image/lock.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lock:' />

Ian Baker the Lock???
    DavePelz4 wrote:

IBTL image/lock.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lock:' />

Ian Baker the Lock???

In Before

I know...just having some fun...

I know...just having some fun...
  • jmkenn0jmkenn0 Members Posts: 688 ✭✭
    Phreddy wrote:

You can burn Phil at the stake. I don't care.

i do feel badly for his daughter, a high school senior, who was admitted to Brown. A very selective school.

I would like to believe she gained admission based upon merit, but before ever setting foot on campus her acceptance will be tainted by the shoot first ask questions later mentality of web threads like this.

Phred

Its college - once you get in does it really matter? Especially at elite private schools, I'm sure a lot of the kids went through a similar process to get assistance - nothing illegal, but assisting in training for tests, help writing essays, what to volunteer for, etc. I used to do a lot of campus recruiting, my firm was big on not just volunteering, but leading organizations. Guess who can't really do that? Kids that have to work and go to school.
  • WoodersonWooderson Members Posts: 1,995 ✭✭
    edited Mar 15, 2019 3:06pm #78

manku wrote:

I don't think that anyone is finding Phil guilty...not even the haters and skeptics.

However, all the OP did was point out the "teflon" nature of Phil...he's been involved in some shady incidents, yet it doesn't seem to affect his popularity or endorsement value.

I'm still amazed that KPMG didn't drop him after the Dean Foods trading scheme...but maybe I'm just being naive, especially if you read about the 1mdb scandal.

This is all I was implying - Phil is teflon. Tiger was guilty of cheating on his wife (not illegal) and sponsors dropped him like it was nothing. Phil is always lurking around shady business/investment dealings and nobody cares.

Oh what difference could there be between them....man, what is different hmm....I don't have it yet, but I think we can figure it out together.
    Let me tell you what Wooderson is packin'
    Ping G400 Max 9° Tour 65 Stiff
    Callaway Epic Flash 15°/18°
    Ping G410 22°
    Titleist 818 H1 25°
    G410 6-PW
    Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth GW/SW
    Ping Eye2 LW
    Piretti Potenza
    Phil will be lucky to break 80 today ... golf is hard enough without crime on your mind

manku wrote:

Define "always lurking"? I count two. One - when you got down to the hard facts - proved Phil's connection was tenuous at best. The other hasn't even presented any facts yet.
  • KMeloneyKMeloney Members Posts: 4,755 ✭✭
    Dr. Block wrote:

You're right, he should be allowed to pedal his subjective nonsense without anyone questioning it.

Pedal? Like on one of those old school ice-cream trikes?
    edited Mar 15, 2019 3:36pm #82
    Define "always lurking"? I count two. One - when you got down to the hard facts - proved Phil's connection was tenuous at best.

The pattern of questionable criminal behavior and the questionable cast of characters Phil does business with ... is disconcerting. Phil likes being non conforming but he seems to be testing some things he shouldn't, like the law. Wall Street crooks could do these things in the 90's, stock fraud/tax schemes, and prior decades, no one knew what , for example, what the Glass-Stegall legislation was for. That is how Greg Norman and friends danced between the rain drops, no one had any understanding ( neither did Norman, he was just the front man) what these Wall Street crook were really up to. They do now , thank you Enron and mortgage crisis ( big bank produced) etc ... but will anyone do anything about it? That is always the question.
  • sdandreasdandrea Steve Members Posts: 2,352 ✭✭
    Only a matter ot time before Lefty plays the Fake News card.......
    Cobra Max 10.5*
    Cobra Baffler T Rail 19*
    Cobra Baffler 5h
    Maltby Tricept F1 6-GW
    Callaway Sure Out 56*
    Odyssey V-Line
  • rgk5rgk5 rgk5(OLB) Members Posts: 3,575 ✭✭

Although he's been out in front of it, I'm really starting to question Phil Mickelson's character. He's been involved/associated with:
    1. A betting scandal and transferring large amounts of money offshore.
    2. An insider trading lawsuit
    3. Using the same guy implicated in this college admissions scandal

I can't think of another player in any sport that's been involved in as much shady activity and maintains his pristine character in the eyes of most.

Yeah but he said he didn't do anything wrong so we have to believe him.

Just like Donald Trump ?
    Cobra F8+, 10.5*, VA Composites Raijin 44 F2
    Cobra F8 3-4 wood 15.5*, VA Composites Raijin 44 F3

Cobra F8 5-6 wood, Tensei Blue A
    Callaway V Sole 7-wood, Bassara R
    Callaway Rogue Pro 5-AW, Recoil 95 F3
    Ping Glide 1.0 55*, CFS Wedge flex

Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 58*, Alta 70 R

Ping Zing 2 TR 34", Flatso 1.0 grip
    sdandrea wrote:

Only a matter ot time before Lefty plays the Fake News card.......

Strategy was getting out in front of the mess .... Lefty has good lawyers. There was a reason he was thinking about not playing last week ... had little to do with the golf course, more about getting arrested on the golf course.
  • BNGLBNGL Members Posts: 1,600 ✭✭
    Nah. You really don’t
  • youdamantigeryoudamantiger Members Posts: 411 ✭✭

manku wrote:

Well "cheated on his wife" is one way to put it.
    edited Mar 15, 2019 4:06pm #88
    Couples1 wrote:

Define "always lurking"? I count two. One - when you got down to the hard facts - proved Phil's connection was tenuous at best.

The pattern of questionable criminal behavior and the questionable cast of characters Phil does business with ... is disconcerting. Phil likes being non conforming but he seems to be testing some things he shouldn't. You could do these things in the 90's and prior decades, no one knew what , for example, what the Glass-Stegall legislation was for. That is how Greg Norman and friends danced between the rain drops, no one had any understanding what these Wall Street crook were really up to. They do know , thank you Enron etc ... but will anyone do anything about it?

You [email protected] better believe they do everything about it, and if they could have connected Phil via the Dean Foods exec they flipped, they'd have fried his a** like a trout. The only reason he got the flogging he did in the press is because Walters tried to use him as a life preserver as he went down with cement shoes on. Walters knew the score and he reeled Phil in. What a vile SOB he was and he got what he deserved.

Questionable criminal behavior...give me a break. Hopefully Phil is wiser for the experience, but that chump change trade he would have run from had he known what Walters real motives were.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • studatnustudatnu Members Posts: 1,215 ✭✭
    who really cares? I'm sure if you went and overturns everyone's stones, you'd find fun facts....Phil's stuff seems shadier because he's rich...I'm sure you guys are real shady characters too...
    Callaway Rogue 10.5* (D & -1*) w/ GD Tour AD-DI 6 Stiff
    Callaway RFX 16.5* w/ Fubuki Tour 63g Stiff
    Callaway RFX 21* w/ Fubuki ZT 63g Stiff
    TaylorMade MC TP 4-PW w/ Aerotech i125cw Reg
    TaylorMade XFT 50*, 54* & 58*
    Odyssey #9 Stroke Lab - 33"
    The one's I hit into the woods and into the water.
  • Hawkeye77Hawkeye77 Countdown to The Masters! ClubWRX Posts: 17,707 ClubWRX

Because it’s pointless and a waste of time?

Because the only excuse this time was a suggestion of illegal activity with this college crap for which there is no evidence?

Because there ought to be better ways to discuss the tour than assassinate the character of tour players?

Because a lengthy thread already existed serving the exact same purpose?

But I digress .........

Hawkeye77 wrote:

Because it's pointless and a waste of time?

Because the only excuse this time was a suggestion of illegal activity with this college crap for which there is no evidence?

Because there ought to be better ways to discuss the tour than assassinate the character of tour players?

Because a lengthy thread already existed serving the exact same purpose?

But I digress .........

Yeah, no kidding, they should change this section to "Tour Gossip" - or "Lets all $hit on Tour Players".
This discussion has been closed.