2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Cobra's new King F9 Speedback Driver, Woods, Hybrids and Irons (NO BUY SELL TRADE POSTS)

GolfWRX

Been in Callaway woods for years, should be interesting...

I hit the diver and loved it,try this Tour 3w.

I just got my 10g weight and almost thought about putting it in but the head was 200g with the 14 and 2 at d6.5 can't imagine if I threw the 10 and 14 in I would be at e sw range. What length are you playing the driver at?

46" with Atmos Black 7s

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T150 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Toulon Portland Garage 
ProV1x

Man!!! The golf gods must hate me. Ordered tour length driver and fairway 2/22. Was told 3/24 ship. Last week was told 3/27. Today I am told 3/31.

Ordered them both with pro orange. So if anyone else is waiting on the pro orange there are 5 of us waiting per Cobra rep. Sucks,watching this thread and seeing everyone love there’s,and I’m over here in the corner waiting. Means once Cobra gets the shafts it will be 3 days for them to quality control them,then another 3-5 days to build and ship. So maybe(fingers crossed) Masters time I’ll have them. Just wanted to pass info along if anyone is wanting or waiting.

I was tinkering with lead tape and found that the 2g plastic weight has some gaps in the bottom. I just bought some tungsten putty and will try filling some of the little gaps in the bottom of the weight to get sw higher. $8 on amazon instead of a $25 weight from cobra. will see how it goes.

https://www.amazon.c...=gateway&sr=8-3

FYI I packed all the space behind the stock 2g weight with the tungsten putty that I got and it ended up making it juuuuuuust to 8g. depending on where on my scale it was it was showing 7g and 8g. I reckon I could Dremel out the plastic spacers in the back of the "weight" too, to pack another gram or 2 worth of putty in there. A good alternative to buying a weight if you only need somewhere between 2 g and 10g for the total weight.

Man!!! The golf gods must hate me. Ordered tour length driver and fairway 2/22. Was told 3/24 ship. Last week was told 3/27. Today I am told 3/31.

Ordered them both with pro orange. So if anyone else is waiting on the pro orange there are 5 of us waiting per Cobra rep. Sucks,watching this thread and seeing everyone love there’s,and I’m over here in the corner waiting. Means once Cobra gets the shafts it will be 3 days for them to quality control them,then another 3-5 days to build and ship. So maybe(fingers crossed) Masters time I’ll have them. Just wanted to pass info along if anyone is wanting or waiting.

Sorry to hear that as I know it would drive me crazy with frustration. Got all mine in before the back-orders. First time ever that I've had the same brand / model Driver, 3wd and Hybrids.

DRIVER -     PXG Gen 4 0811X - 8* | 🔥PROXIMA 5S🔥
2 WD -         PXG Gen 4  13* |  🔥KHT AUTOFLEX SF505🔥

5 / 7 WD-    PXG Gen 5 | Project X Riptide CB 4.0 40g Ladies 

IRONS -       PXG Gen 6 XP DOUBLE BLACK | MMT 80 Stiff                     
WEDGES -  PXG Sugar Daddy II 54*/13 and 58*/10 | MMT 80 Stiff  
GRIPS -       JUMBOMAX ULTRALIGHT XL
PUTTER -   LAB DF 3.0 
BAG -           PXG Staff Bag

This driver is really making me mad. Normally by now I would have put the Seinfeld girlfriend treatment on it and found something I didn't like. I want to ho another driver so bad. I just can't. I do not see anything that is going to do what its doing for me. I guess I just need to be patient. The G410 LS is coming in June. That's like 20 years in my driver timeframe though. Oh well. I guess I'll just have to ho some irons or putters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ts-goDDFSl4

Anyone else see this video? This guy seems to side with Crossfield. With toe strikes both guys saw massive loss of distance. I haven’t done extensive testing with mine cause of weather. Normally my miss is off the toe. Which means it’s going hard left. I hit my F9 on a sim and outdoors but hard to see ball flight outside when ground/sky/ball are all the same color. I know when I nut one it feels good.

Sent from my iPhone using GolfWRX Mobile

Hilarious how people are selling head only for $275-$350 and you can buy new for $370 (including real deal shaft)

That does not mean that is the price they will sell it at the end.

Cobra F9, 8 Hzrdus Yellow
Tee CBX119 13, Tee EX10 Beta 18. Hzrdus Yellow
M2 Hy, 22 with AD DI 85S
M2 Hy, 25 with S+ 90S
P790 6-AW, Nippon 105S
Mizuno 56/14, 60/07
Scotty Cameron Mil Spec 350 Black Oxide
Titleist -ProV1 balls

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1152161-linkerpans-wtib-2015-edition/"]WITB Link[/url]

Anyone else see this video? This guy seems to side with Crossfield. With toe strikes both guys saw massive loss of distance. I haven't done extensive testing with mine cause of weather. Normally my miss is off the toe. Which means it's going hard left. I hit my F9 on a sim and outdoors but hard to see ball flight outside when ground/sky/ball are all the same color. I know when I nut one it feels good.

my strike pattern is slightly off center high toe. Imagine the milled face (circle milled pattern). My strike is within the circle but touches the outer ring and I find tons of ball speed and performance in this area. I hear others brag about the low strike but unfortunately I can't comment as neither this or low heel is something I hit hardly ever. Hope this helps. If you're way out on the toe then yeah I'd say find a deeper larger faced driver but missing by an inch from center is not good with any driver I'm assuming.

Hilarious how people are selling head only for $275-$350 and you can buy new for $370 (including real deal shaft)

When a real deal shaft comes from an oem it's aftermarket value tanks a bit. Even thought they are real deal they maybe only net $100 total. If you know you are going to use something different sometimes it's not worth the hassle to sell the stock shaft. I bought the whole club just because I wanted to try the shaft. Hit maybe 25 balls total with stock shaft and it's already been replaced

Anyone else see this video? This guy seems to side with Crossfield. With toe strikes both guys saw massive loss of distance. I havent done extensive testing with mine cause of weather. Normally my miss is off the toe. Which means its going hard left. I hit my F9 on a sim and outdoors but hard to see ball flight outside when ground/sky/ball are all the same color. I know when I nut one it feels good.

Hence why online reviews are for entertainment purposes only.

For me, the entire reason I went with the F9 in place of anything else including my old gamer was the lack of distance loss off toe hits. My toe hits go the distance as centered hits with most other clubs.

As always, there are no absolutes in golf equipment results when applied to individual golfers.

Driver: Titleist Tsi3 w/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow TX 6.0 
3 Wood: Cobra King Speedzone/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70

5 Wood: Callaway Mavrik Subzero/Aldila Rogue White 70
Long Irons (4-6): Wilson D7 Forged/DG120TI
Short Irons (7-P): Wilson Staff Model Blade/DG120TI

Wedges (50/54/58): Callaway Jaws MD5 w/TI S200
Putter: Original Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7
Ball: Titleist Left Dash

I've gone all RF and ordered a F9 9.0 with Tour AD IZ 7x, 1" short. Here in a couple of weeks hopefully. Can't wait.

Driver: still looking.....
4 Wood: Kamui Pro TP-XF 17.5° + Fujikura Speeder Evolution VI FW70x @ 42 1/2".

7 Wood: Kamui Pro TP-XF 22.5° + Fujikura Speeder Evolution VI FW80x @ 41 3/4".
Irons: Kamui Pro KP-102 5i-PW + KBS TGI 110 + 1/2".
Wedges: Callaway Jaws Forged 50°/55°/60° + KBS C-Taper
Putter: SeeMore SB1 + Accra FX300.

went to the sim this morning, was not the best, got a bay they had not replaced the mat in a while, nice depression, not ideal.

I did have some good strikes with the Tour 3w, but this really needs hit outside, need to see how the rails interact with turf for me. Feel and sound are excellent.

I can't wait to get the driver out on course, no way it is this straight. We should get to play actual golf this weekend, will give the driver and 3w the starting spot, see if they can stay over callaway.

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T150 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Toulon Portland Garage 
ProV1x

Continuing my on course head to head with F9 vs the G400Max. So far the G4M is still in the lead. It’s just a tad longer (for me and my swing) and forgiving so far. Taking them out next weekend for another head to head and see how the dust settles. As much as I want the F9 to win as I love the feel and sound vs the max....i just see the Ping edging the f9 at the finish line.

Continuing my on course head to head with F9 vs the G400Max. So far the G4M is still in the lead. It’s just a tad longer (for me and my swing) and forgiving so far. Taking them out next weekend for another head to head and see how the dust settles. As much as I want the F9 to win as I love the feel and sound vs the max....i just see the Ping edging the f9 at the finish line.

Dispersion?

Driver: still looking.....
4 Wood: Kamui Pro TP-XF 17.5° + Fujikura Speeder Evolution VI FW70x @ 42 1/2".

7 Wood: Kamui Pro TP-XF 22.5° + Fujikura Speeder Evolution VI FW80x @ 41 3/4".
Irons: Kamui Pro KP-102 5i-PW + KBS TGI 110 + 1/2".
Wedges: Callaway Jaws Forged 50°/55°/60° + KBS C-Taper
Putter: SeeMore SB1 + Accra FX300.

Dispersion?

Left to right is better with the f9 but front to back is better with ping. Was not striking it my best with the driver today so not passing judgement yet. I just know I centered some with the f9 today and on a course I play often, my ping was longer.

What feel is everyone getting when they are middle-ing this on the course? It feels almost "soft" off the face to me which is a big difference than the hard, dead feeling I am used to with other drivers. Anyways, after some more testing of this vs Flash SZ, I am almost 100% bagging the F9 this year.

Its very soft feeling when you strike it pure. Finally got mine on the course last Saturday and after missing the whole front 9 I finally started catching it flush on the back getting that soft feel. You can really tell a toe vs center strike on this driver. It was crazy windy so everything felt like it was shorter than my normal good swings.

I just ordered mine. Can't wait for it to come in and hit the course with it!

10.5˚ TaylorMade Stealth Plus

18° Titleist TSR2 5 Wood

21° Titleist TSR2 7 Wood

4-PW Titleist T100s Black

50˚ Titleist SM8 Black

54˚ Titleist SM8 Black

60˚ Titleist SM8 Black

Bettinardi Hive 8.0

Bridgestone Tour B-XS

Picked up my F9 Tour 4-5 FW today and headed straight to the range to test it out.....man this thing is so damn easy to elevate!!!

only problem is that within 20 balls, half of the ridges on the top of the head had come off, underneath the head was immaculate...it’s almost like they are just stuck on top of the head!!

> @AFcelica said:

> Are the f9 hybrids or fairways a noticable upgrade from the f8 or f7?

I was fit into F9 3W and 3H. Have put the 3H into a lot more use (main course doesn't call for 3W) and I love, love, love it. So much I bought an F9 5H and a leftover F7 3/4 that GolfDiscount had on a flash sale for $85. Had the F7 out this week and it performed without issue. The shaft is a hair longer, but even the stock shaft, which is about 10g lighter than the ones in my F9s worked fine. Added bonus for the adjustability - I set it to 21.5* so I'm halfway in between my F9s.

Long way of saying not clear the F9 is a night-day upgrade over the F7, at least for the hybrids - and if you want to be able to adjust your loft/lie, the F7 wins.

I will say I found the F9 3W really easy to hit off the deck during the indoor fitting. I haven't chased the F9 driver because I hit my G400Max very well - plenty of distance and mostly dead straight or baby draw. It ain't broke so I'm not going to fix it (I know - heresy :smiley: )

AI Smoke Max Tensei Blue 55R | Cleveland Halo XL HyWood 3+ Tensei Blue 55R

G430 4-5H Alta R | Srixon ZX4-5 7i-AW Dart 65R

Glide4 Eye2 56 | Vokey 60 M | Ping Anser 2023