Mizuno 919 Hot Metal Pro Series.

vanya

Recoil is an option for the HMP? Got a link?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q...o custom shafts

ROFLMAO!!! We use this a lot at work when the developers ask some lazy-a** questions.

Driver: Cobra LTDxLS @ 9º (8.25º) w/ Fujikura Speeder TR 661s

Fairway: Callaway Mavrik 4W @ 16º w/ ProjectX Evenflow Black 70s

Hybrid: Sub70 939x 4H @ 21º w/ ProjectX Black Hybrid 6.0

Irons: Artisan HC 4/5 w/ Steelfiber i95cw Stiff; 6-PW w/ Steelfiber i110cw Stiff

Wedges: Artisan Raw 51º, 56º, 61º w/ Modus 120s (to  be re-shafted with Steelfibers to match irons)

Putter: Artisan 0318 Deep Milled

So, I found the shafts/grips link. Only three options for graphite: True Temper ProjectX LZ, LZ Tour and the Recoil 95. Not exactly a plethora of options.

Ordered HMP 6-pw and 919 forged gap to match the offset better. All with recoil 95 shafts for no up charge ???

Current Gamers
TBD 10.5*, Tour AD IZ 5R
ROGUE MAX 3HL, Heavenwood

PING G410  22*, 26* Hybrids 

PXG Gen5 0311P 7-GW, steelfiber 70
CALLAWAY  MD5 - 56*, 60*
Tour Issue Evnroll ER8 Black, 355 g
2021 Maxfli Tour
2021 PROV1

So, I found the shafts/grips link. Only three options for graphite: True Temper ProjectX LZ, LZ Tour and the Recoil 95. Not exactly a plethora of options.

Ordered HMP 6-pw and 919 forged gap to match the offset better. All with recoil 95 shafts for no up charge ???

Where from? I’m interested in that shaft...

Bag 1                                                                 Bag 2
Ping G400 LST 10                                             Epon Technicity 9
Ping G400 3W 14.5                                          TM R9 3W 14
Ping G400 3H 19                                              Miura 3H 19
Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal Pro 5-P               Epon 503 4-P Nippon Super Peening Orange
Mizuno s18 50, 54, 58                                     Miura 51, 56 k-grind
Bettinardi BB1                                                  Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Where from? I’m interested in that shaft...

All shafts offered by Mizuno are available without upcharge.

Ping G430 Max 10K 10.5° driver - Diamana GT 60S

Ping G430 Max 15° #3 fairway - Diamana TB 70S

Ping G430 Max 21° #7 fairway - Diamana TB 80S

Ping G430 Max 26° #5 hybrid - MMTh 90S

Mizuno Pro 243 4-PW irons - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 48°-10S wedge - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 54°-10S and 60°-06X wedges - MMT Scoring Wedge 105S

Ping PLD Ally Blue 4

Titleist Pro V1x

Coming from the i210's in power spec the HM Pro's are considerably longer. But they also seem to be more forgiving. With the one round I have played with the HM Pro's its a small sample size but I like what I see.

I am very interested in your thoughts here...I was fitted and I am between these two sets. I want to pull the trigger on HMP's but I am somewhat concerned about the low bounce as I am little bit of a digger.

If you or anyone else has any thoughts on this, I would appreciate it.

Coming from the i210's in power spec the HM Pro's are considerably longer. But they also seem to be more forgiving. With the one round I have played with the HM Pro's its a small sample size but I like what I see.

I am very interested in your thoughts here...I was fitted and I am between these two sets. I want to pull the trigger on HMP's but I am somewhat concerned about the low bounce as I am little bit of a digger.

I will say that for the most part since the sole is wide and the leading edge is rounded on the HM Pro's the bounce should not come into play. If you catch these irons fat or dig I would think it would be more of a swing fault than club issue. Also make sure your lie is set up correctly. I played the Power Spec and Blue Dot (1* upright) in the i210's and those lie settings are almost 2* up from the standard lie of the HM Pro's. I had the HM Pro's bent 1* weak to increase spin a smidge and 1* upright. hope this helps.

PING G430 LST 10.5° | DIAMANA GT 60X

COBRA DARKSPEED X 3HF 16.5° | HZRDUS BLACK 70X

PING G425 7W 20.5° | DIAMANA GT 70X

SRIXON ZX5 5-6 | MMT TAPER 105TX

SRIXON ZX7 7-PW | MMT TAPER 105TX

PING GLIDE 4.0 50°/54°/58° | MMT WEDGE 125TX

ODYSSEY TRI-HOT 5K SEVEN DB

SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND 

I will say that for the most part since the sole is wide and the leading edge is rounded on the HM Pro's the bounce should not come into play. If you catch these irons fat or dig I would think it would be more of a swing fault than club issue. Also make sure your lie is set up correctly. I played the Power Spec and Blue Dot (1* upright) in the i210's and those lie settings are almost 2* up from the standard lie of the HM Pro's. I had the HM Pro's bent 1* weak to increase spin a smidge and 1* upright. hope this helps.

Thanks - very helpful. I am playing the Mizuno 800's now and thought I may try more bounce but I am leaning to HMP's. Thanks for the heads up on the lie angles. Going to hit both outside and then get final fitting.

Where are you distance-wise with the HMP's bent weak compared to the i200 power spec?

Thanks - very helpful. I am playing the Mizuno 800's now and thought I may try more bounce but I am leaning to HMP's. Thanks for the heads up on the lie angles. Going to hit both outside and then get final fitting.

Where are you distance-wise with the HMP's bent weak compared to the i200 power spec?

I am still a full club longer with the HMP's than the i210 power spec. So about 165 carry with the HMP

*********let us know your thoughts after hitting both

PING G430 LST 10.5° | DIAMANA GT 60X

COBRA DARKSPEED X 3HF 16.5° | HZRDUS BLACK 70X

PING G425 7W 20.5° | DIAMANA GT 70X

SRIXON ZX5 5-6 | MMT TAPER 105TX

SRIXON ZX7 7-PW | MMT TAPER 105TX

PING GLIDE 4.0 50°/54°/58° | MMT WEDGE 125TX

ODYSSEY TRI-HOT 5K SEVEN DB

SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND 

Agreed. I think a lot of the "digger" comments are people getting steep on the downswing and catching it even just a touch heavy. Tour guys who are great at shallowing the downswing and technically have a shallow angle of attack are still taking pelts 4 inches after the ball have no issue with low bounce. Also, the HMP have pretty wide soles on them so will still have lots of "effective" bounce.

Just picked up CLK Hybrids 4 + 5, HMP 6-W, plus 3 S18 Wedges in blue IP......

Not regretting it either.....

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=3][color=#a9a9a9]Titleist 917D2 9.5 Diamana red R[/color][/size][/font]
[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=3][color=#a9a9a9]Taylor Made M2 16.5 Diamana green R[/color][/size][/font]
[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=3][color=#a9a9a9]Callaway Epic Heaven Wood [/color][/size][/font][color=#A9A9A9][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Diamana green R[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A9A9A9][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Srixon ZH65 22 degree Miyazaki Kaula 7 R[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A9A9A9][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Srixon ZU65 5 [/size][/font][/color][color=#A9A9A9][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Miyazaki Kaula 7 R[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A9A9A9][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Srixon Z565 6-W Nippon NS Pro 950GH R[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A9A9A9][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Mizuno S18 50/55/60[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A9A9A9][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Bettinardi Studio Stock 3 [/size][/font][/color]

I'm going to end up with close to the same.

Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal Pro 5-P               Epon 503 4-P Nippon Super Peening Orange
Bettinardi BB1                                                  Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Loving them to be honest, hybrids look great, irons perform really well and the feel on the forged wedges is amazing.

Always played Mizuno wedges, this is the first set of irons though, good to have joined the Mizuno family at last

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=3][color=#a9a9a9]Titleist 917D2 9.5 Diamana red R[/color][/size][/font]
[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=3][color=#a9a9a9]Taylor Made M2 16.5 Diamana green R[/color][/size][/font]
[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=3][color=#a9a9a9]Callaway Epic Heaven Wood [/color][/size][/font][color=#A9A9A9][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Diamana green R[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A9A9A9][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Srixon ZH65 22 degree Miyazaki Kaula 7 R[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A9A9A9][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Srixon ZU65 5 [/size][/font][/color][color=#A9A9A9][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Miyazaki Kaula 7 R[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A9A9A9][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Srixon Z565 6-W Nippon NS Pro 950GH R[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A9A9A9][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Mizuno S18 50/55/60[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A9A9A9][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Bettinardi Studio Stock 3 [/size][/font][/color]

Loving them to be honest, hybrids look great, irons perform really well and the feel on the forged wedges is amazing.

Always played Mizuno wedges, this is the first set of irons though, good to have joined the Mizuno family at last

I just came from the shop today and spent an hour hitting because well, mine haven't arrived yet. And I told them I was going to take a while because of that.

I'm kind of on the fence with the hybrids. I've been having success with the more iron-like hybrids (GAPR, Crossover) and the Mizuno hybrids are pretty big.

I just came from the shop today and spent an hour hitting because well, mine haven't arrived yet. And I told them I was going to take a while because of that.

I'm kind of on the fence with the hybrids. I've been having success with the more iron-like hybrids (GAPR, Crossover) and the Mizuno hybrids are pretty big.

I got 4/5 hot metal and 6/pw pro, instead of hybrids. So far so good. Can see the back out of HM, almost like a crossover.
  • Mizuno STZ 220 Driver
  • Mizuno STX 220 3w
  • Mizuno STX 220 Hybrid
  • Mizuno Pro 225/223 Irons 
  • Mizuno T22 Copper Wedges
  • Mizuno/Timeless Putters
  • Titleist Pro V1 Ball

I got 4/5 hot metal and 6/pw pro, instead of hybrids. So far so good. Can see the back out of HM, almost like a crossover.

I'd love to game that setup but I've lost some swing speed over the years. That little extra heft of the iron-type hybrids really helps. Maybe once my swing is more grooved...

Got my set 4-9 CTLX 1 strong this week and had 2 range sessions and 27 holes. They're long, like crazy long. Almost 1.5 clubs and fly really high. But they're very workable, you can lower the flight if you want. That's the main difference with P790 and i500 which I owned also. I couldn't control a punch shot with them, the face was too hot sometimes and just flew by. HM Pro will fly and stop, 9 iron even spun back a couple of yards to my surprise.

Forgiveness is ridiculous, thin shots will run maybe 90% of the distance and fat shots will fly less but compensate with roll. Feel is ok, my previous set was a MP18 MB and it's hard to beat. Sound is a little weird but decent, doesn't have the same twack on solid shots but you can tell right away when you missed the sweet spot.

Overall I'm happy and plan to keep for the remainder of 2019. It's obviously a distance iron but like others said it's mostly due to loft. I think Mizuno has a winner here, it's not as expensive as other clubs in the market and they definitely deliver. If you're like me who's getting older and losing distance, please give these a try.

If you're like me who's getting older and losing distance, please give these a try.

This right here is why I keep going back to test the HM Pro irons. I love my MMC’s and still do however picking up over 5 yards per club with no loss of playability consistency or accuracy is something I can’t ignore.

Ping G430 Max 10K 10.5° driver - Diamana GT 60S

Ping G430 Max 15° #3 fairway - Diamana TB 70S

Ping G430 Max 21° #7 fairway - Diamana TB 80S

Ping G430 Max 26° #5 hybrid - MMTh 90S

Mizuno Pro 243 4-PW irons - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 48°-10S wedge - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 54°-10S and 60°-06X wedges - MMT Scoring Wedge 105S

Ping PLD Ally Blue 4

Titleist Pro V1x

Got my set 4-9 CTLX 1 strong this week and had 2 range sessions and 27 holes. They're long, like crazy long. Almost 1.5 clubs and fly really high. But they're very workable, you can lower the flight if you want. That's the main difference with P790 and i500 which I owned also. I couldn't control a punch shot with them, the face was too hot sometimes and just flew by. HM Pro will fly and stop, 9 iron even spun back a couple of yards to my surprise.

Forgiveness is ridiculous, thin shots will run maybe 90% of the distance and fat shots will fly less but compensate with roll. Feel is ok, my previous set was a MP18 MB and it's hard to beat. Sound is a little weird but decent, doesn't have the same twack on solid shots but you can tell right away when you missed the sweet spot.

Overall I'm happy and plan to keep for the remainder of 2019. It's obviously a distance iron but like others said it's mostly due to loft. I think Mizuno has a winner here, it's not as expensive as other clubs in the market and they definitely deliver. If you're like me who's getting older and losing distance, please give these a try.

Have you played the CTL for a while? I’m a long time CT guy and looking to maybe buy a set with CTLX this time around. Do you really like them?

Thanks!

Titleist TSi2 10, Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore 6X, 45"

Titleist TSi2 16.5, Fujikura Ventus Red Velocore 7X, 43"

TaylorMade GAPR Mid 4, KBS

Titleist T100S, KBS C-Taper S+ 5-PW

Titleist SM8, 50F, 54S, 60D, TT S400 Custom 

Scotty Cameron Phantom X12, 35", Stability Tour

[url="https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/"]https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/[/url]

DNice26 said:
golfjam wrote:

Have you played the CTL for a while? I’m a long time CT guy and looking to maybe buy a set with CTLX this time around. Do you really like them?

Thanks!

I played them a few years back and really liked. I used to play X100 but tried something lighter due to an annoying on and off tennis elbow. 

My HM Pro 5-PW plus 919 HM Gap wedge came in yesterday. Took about a week or so to get them from when I was fitted and the order was placed. Unfortunately, I only got to hit about ten balls with them yesterday before I needed to head out but they seemed great so far from that small sample size. I went with the Project X LZ 5.5 shafts and the MCC Plus 4 grips. I think it's going to be a good set up for me, although I have to say the MCC Plus 4's may be a bit of an adjustment for me, coming from the Winn Dri-tac. I like bigger grips, so that shouldn't be an issue, but the firmness is definitely going to be something I need to adjust to from the soft Dri-tacs.

Anyway, I hope I can get a range session and some time out on the course this weekend to confirm (hopefully!) that I made a good choice.

I ordered a Hot Metal Pro 4 iron direct from Mizuno and it came back so out of spec. 1) They built it with a standard Hot Metal head, not the pro 2) Instead of a midsize grip they installed a std and added +4 tape 3) and loft was off by 2 deg. Pretty disappointed in the Mizuno's build quality. 

Ping G430 Max 10K Tour 2.0 Black 6X

Titleist TS2 16.5 Diamana S+ 80TX

Titleist 818H1 19, 23 Atmos TS Blue 8X

Srixon ZX7 MKII 5-SW Modus3 120S

Taylormade MyHiToe LW Hi-Rev 2.0 115

Odyssey Tri Hot 5K Triple Wide 

Picking my 919 HMPs tomorrow. Trying to decide if I should pick up the set's gap wedge or pick up a 50 wedge. 

Picking my 919 HMPs tomorrow. Trying to decide if I should pick up the set's gap wedge or pick up a 50 wedge. 

I’d get a 50 wedge solely based on the fact the hot metal gap isn’t the pro version and looks out of place ?

If you can’t play, display. I have no issue going on the basis of looks. Besides, can’t really go wrong with that blue ion s18. Looker and a performer.

Finally was able to get some rounds in with the HMP's. Absolutely love them! The HMP's had a good penetrating ball flight and no problem stopping on the green when hit well. I should add that my first 4 rounds were on Arizona desert courses that were pretty firm. Coming home to soft bent grass greens should be a breeze. Also, these are very forgiving, a couple times it felt like a mishit and thought I would not get the yardage needed to clear bunkers or hazards, but to my surprise it did.

The only thing I would do different is skip the GW. It just doesn't match the rest of the clubs and doesn't seem to fit. I will end up finding an S18 GW and swap out the matching shaft that came with the 919 GW.

• Like 2

Ping G430 LST (GD AD IZ} 10° 
Titleist TSr 2 FW (GD AD DI) 14.5°
Titleist TSr 2 Hybrid (GD AD DI) 18° 
Ping i530 5-UW (KBS Tour S 120)
Ping S159 52° & 57°, Glide Pro 62°
Ping PLD Anser D