MEMBER REVIEWS: Golf Pride TOUR SNSR Contour Pro! Read What Members Are Saying!

Was looking to replace my SC medium Matador on my 34” SC 6M with something slightly heavier to decrease the effective swingweight just a touch when i came across the SNSR Contour Pro. Being intrigued and curious, I ordered one of these last night. My main question is, how does this grip feel for those who putt cross handed left hand low? My occasional miss with the Matador is a slight pull so I am hoping with the chunker mid section, it will help alleviate that.

I putt cross handed with left hand low and I have really liked the feel of the SNSR contour pro. I have been testing against a super stroke pistol gtr 1.0 and an iomic absolute grip. The SNSR is tapered which I like over the non tapered gtr 1.0. Against the iomic it has more area to it for the lower hand so I don't seem to get the sense of my lower hand taking over the stroke. I notice when I pull a putt it is when my lower hand takes over or gets stronger. Unfortunately I have not been able to putt anywhere other than in the house. I do think you will like this grip based on what you described you were looking for.

Sweet. Tempted to just go buy one at Golf Galaxy so I can have it for my round this weekend, lol. Either way, I’ll post up my own review when I get a round or two under my belt with it.

Finally got to take the 104cc Contour Snsr golf pride putter grip for a real test. 36 holes yesterday!

Been raining in Northern California so got 2 rounds in.

First of all, the grip feels similar to the previous generation. Soft and pretty dry for misty conditions. It holds up.

Feels a little thicker at the paddle, almost us like a hammer grip. If you like the Cameron Pistolero....this is the same shape and better in my opinion.

Made a couple birdies with it. I usually play a super stroke GTR 1.0 so this is totally a different type of grip.

Overall, I think golf pride satisfied the customer based "hammer" putting grip group of golfers.

Pros: plays well in wet conditions, hammer like handle, soft for feel and touch for those 1 footers

Cons: a little soft to my liking, flatter front paddle would be nice.

Thanks Golfwrx and Golfpirde!

Played with the 104cc today. I installed on a Odyssey tri hot 1. A smaller mallet. I agree very similar to the pistolero. A true pistol style grip with a soft feel, but material seems like it will hold up pretty well. After using a variety of superstroke grips over the past few years it was quite a big difference. The feel compared to a ss ultraslim 1.0 (similar size) is night and day to me. Feedback improved and not as muted. If they could offer more colorways, these would be much more popular. Pics to follow.

Thank you GolfWRX and GolfPride for this opportunity. Finally got to get a round in using this grip down at Seabrook golf club. I was previously using a SuperStroke 1.0 Flasto (which I had on for about a year or so). While I enjoyed the shape of the Flatso, it seeed to get dirty quickly and lose its tackiness. I opted for the 104cc as I don’t like a huge grip.

I was excited to put this grip on my gamer as I love the shape of how the grip cradles in to your hands. The flat that is on the top of the grip also provides a perfect surface for comfortably placing your thumbs in proper alignment. The feature that I enjoyed most about this grip is the texture and softness/density of the rubber itself. It is slightly squishy and seems to mold into your hands. It’s also like a super dense memory foam.

Because of the contrast in density from my previous grip, I expected that there would be a bit of a learning curve with this grip. After rolling a few on the practice green I was immediately comfortable and confident with the SNSR grip.

I was able quickly get a feel for distance control and loved the feedback that the grip provides. The flat on the top surface gave me instant confidence on quickly alignment to the target and squares up easily. My first round of putting this grip was great and I feel like it will be in my bag for quite a while. Looking forward to get more rounds in with this as we get into warmer weather. Please let me know if you have any questions that I can answer.

Driver: Cobra Fly-Z+ 9.5* with Aldila RIP alpha 70x 44.5"
3 wood: Ping G20 15* with Motore F3 x-stiff
Hybrid: Titleist 910H 21* with Aldila RIP alpha 100x
4-PW: Titleist AP2 710 with DG x100
GW: Titleist SM5 RAW 52* with DG x100
SW: Titleist SM5 RAW 56* with DG s400
LW: Titleist SM4 60* with DG s400
Putter: Low Tide Fin

My apolgies for the late review.  I did not receive my grips at the same timeas everyone else.

When I did finally receive a package from Golf Pride, itcontained an apology note saying they had a shipping mixup with some of thetest grips.  Nice touch by them.   I theninstalled the grip and it began to snow here again in OH so golf was out of thequestion and I am not really one to roll the putter around in the house.

Specs - Beforeinstalling I shot some pictures of the grip coming it to the other SNSRgrips.  In addition I weighed them andthey were all +/- 1g of specs. 

Looks -First impression, I love the shape and aesthetics.  My favorite color scheme is gray and citronso if I had to design a grip color combo this is about what I would come upwith as my perfect look.

Shape – I reallylove the pistol type shape.  I havesmaller hands (Men’s cadet small) and this fits really in the hand well.  Whenever I choose a grip I don’t want to “think”about the grip.  If I do that is adistraction I do not need on the course.  I just want it to feel natural.  Iplayed yesterday for the first time with it and it had that naturalfeeling.  After the first hole I neverthought about the grip again which is a good thing.   

Feel – Idid notice it feels soft.  It’s been awhile since I have gamed the other SNSR’s but I do not recall them as being assoft.  Then again my memory might be off base here   I was currently playing a LamkinSink and the Lamkin was definitely firmer feeling.  I am not opposed to a softer grip so the feel is fine with me.   

Results –I play to a 9.3 cap but I am not the best putter in the world.  I do hit a lot of greens but usually leavemyself with long lags.  So my goal is tominimize 3 putts.  Yesterday I startedoff with 2 three putts but then settled in and putted fairly well with 18 puttstotal for 9 holes.  Slightly above myaverage of 1.9 putts per hole.  I didmake a 40 footer on the final hole to save par so that was my highlight of theround :smiley:

In closing, thank you to Golf Pride and GolfWRX for giving me the opportunity.  I really like the grip and as long as theykeep making this color scheme and shape I’m all in on it. 

qthvi2i5qtf3.jpgj4e4p72iavi1.jpgzd2v7hqtfxmq.jpgayeekr5f0izy.jpg6x3wz41sles6.jpgcfakyjcssuec.jpgtb7g9w3rbbos.jpgopiswdl5uzup.jpgr1jxde0x4a5d.jpg80jn9hrbhcr3.jpggpf9poo239un.jpg

Ping G430 Max 10.5 Tensei Orange AV Raw 55 Reg

Ping G430 SFT 5w 19* Alta Black Reg

Ping G430 SFT 7w 23* Alta Black Reg

Tour Edge Xrail 5h 26* Graphite Design G-Series Reg

Ping G425 6-UW Alta Slate Reg

Ping Glide 4.0 56* WS Nippon Z-115

Cleveland CBX Full Face 2 60* DG Spinner

Cleveland Smart Sole C 4.0 

Ping 2023 Anser D

Handicap: 8.2

I am not a tester but I just installed this on my Toulon Indianapolis putter and have to say they absolutely nailed this grip. The great soft feel of the original in a slightly smaller size. Plus a much better colorway imo!

As I posted in the 75cc thread this is as close to that tour only version as you are going to find. It is slightly heavier but the shape is so very close.

I have found my grip for the foreseeable future.

• 2 weeks later...

First off I want to thanks GolfWRX and Golf Pride for the opportunity to test the grip.

Small background:

Been playing for roughly 25 years. Typically a long hitter, with minor touch around the greens. Putting has been the weakest part of my game (always). I play to a 5-7 hcp and haven’t shot over 80 in about 6 or 7 years, I think I’ve plateaued.

So, this grip is replacing a Winn Dri-Tac X Midsize Pistol grip on an Odyssey O-Works Black 1Ws. I just recently went thru a fitting at Club Champion and it was suggested that I use a slighty larger grip on my putter to help with my alignment. The small grip was sitting odd in my hands. This is why I chose the 140cc over the 104cc.

Initial Thoughts:

S.O.F.T. Wow, is this thing soft in my hands. The slight offset to the top of the grip is taking a bit to get use to, but should take much. Once I got the grip on my putter I rolled a few in my local pro shop at about 20-25’. The first 6 putts hit my mark with exact speed and line. Impressive. Rolled a few more, and was only off target more than 2-3 inches twice. I can live with that!! One of our assistant-pros rolled a few after I did, and he hit his mark with 4 out of 5, he was impressed as well.

Next I rolled some at my local simulator while playing a quick 18. These putts were about 10-12’ and again everything was online with target and speed. Out of 15 putts, I hit target 12 times. Once again very pleased.

Again, got more time with the new setup rolling indoors. Still after 50ish putts this session, the roll and feel is much more consistent. From varying distances of 10', 20’ and 30’ if they weren’t dropping in the hole all but 3 or 4 were within a 2’ circle of the cup.

Can’t wait to get this setup on the course and give it a go there. Once I do I will update with a new post.

Thanks again GolfWRX and Golf Pride!!

tlmzc25k8x3f.jpg

g11z2c5hblhg.jpg

3r2zcyhkv5gd.jpg

4xbsahjp8c3j.jpg

• Like 1

Titleist TSi2 9° - Mitsubishi Tensei White 60 X

Ping G400 14.5° - Matrix Black tie 7M3 SG

Ping G400 17.5° - Aldila HM-40 Tour Gold Tour 95 S

Titleist 818 H1 22° - Aldila NV 95 X

Callaway Rogue Pro 4-PW - True Temper XP 95 ST15 S300 (Black)

Vanilla Wedge 50°, 55°, & 60° - KBS 610 Wedge S

Scotty Cameron Golo s5 34"

Member of #teamjetspeed - December 2013

> @gprubes said:

> First off I want to thanks GolfWRX and Golf Pride for the opportunity to test the grip.

>

> Small background:

> Been playing for roughly 25 years. Typically a long hitter, with minor touch around the greens. Putting has been the weakest part of my game (always). I play to a 5-7 hcp and haven’t shot over 80 in about 6 or 7 years, I think I’ve plateaued.

>

> So, this grip is replacing a Winn Dri-Tac X Midsize Pistol grip on an Odyssey O-Works Black 1Ws. I just recently went thru a fitting at Club Champion and it was suggested that I use a slighty larger grip on my putter to help with my alignment. The small grip was sitting odd in my hands. This is why I chose the 140cc over the 104cc.

>

> Initial Thoughts:

> S.O.F.T. Wow, is this thing soft in my hands. The slight offset to the top of the grip is taking a bit to get use to, but should take much. Once I got the grip on my putter I rolled a few in my local pro shop at about 20-25’. The first 6 putts hit my mark with exact speed and line. Impressive. Rolled a few more, and was only off target more than 2-3 inches twice. I can live with that!! One of our assistant-pros rolled a few after I did, and he hit his mark with 4 out of 5, he was impressed as well.

> Next I rolled some at my local simulator while playing a quick 18. These putts were about 10-12’ and again everything was online with target and speed. Out of 15 putts, I hit target 12 times. Once again very pleased.

> Again, got more time with the new setup rolling indoors. Still after 50ish putts this session, the roll and feel is much more consistent. From varying distances of 10', 20’ and 30’ if they weren’t dropping in the hole all but 3 or 4 were within a 2’ circle of the cup.

>

> Can’t wait to get this setup on the course and give it a go there. Once I do I will update with a new post.

>

> Thanks again GolfWRX and Golf Pride!!

>

> tlmzc25k8x3f.jpg

> g11z2c5hblhg.jpg

> 3r2zcyhkv5gd.jpg

> 4xbsahjp8c3j.jpg

>

Nice write. I’m a fellow 140cc tester, and I have to say again that this grip just feels perfect in my larger hands. (Size XL glove.) While I love the performance of my Odyssey Tank 7 with a SS grip, I keep finding myself drawn back to my TP Mills Klassic with the SNSR, for the feel alone.

Didn’t think anything could displace the Tank, but it seems likely now that I’ll be rotating the two putters in and out of the bag as the mood strikes. Two very different putters, but having that option is surprisingly fun.

Again, well-done Golf Pride!

0r6yyhq4t8zr.jpeg

Titleist TSR3, w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue with Xlink Tech 65
Titleist 915Fd, w/Aldila Rogue Black 80-2.8-S
19* TSR3 Hybrid, w/Fujikura Atmos HB Tour Spec Blue 85

24* TSR3 Hybrid, w/Fujikura Atmos HB Tour Spec Blue 85
Mizuno MP-18 MMC 6-P, w/UST Recoil 95 F4
Callaway 52* MD5 JAWS S Grind
Callaway 58* PM Grind 19
T.P. Mills Professional Series Klassic/Odyssey O Works Tank #7

> @tocino said:

> First off thanks to Golf Pride and Golfwrx for giving me the chance to be a tester!

>

>

>

> I received my grip a couple weeks ago. Unfortunately my normal club builder is dealing with some medical issues and I just couldn’t get out to my backup guy due to work and family commitments. I only have 2 putters I use nowadays; a Scotty Kombi-S 35” with a ss 3.0 Ryder cup edition grip and a Scotty Select Newport, 34.5” with a stock pistolero. Through the years I’ve found I do better with bigger grips and since the pistolero was getting a little slick and I’ve been meaning to get it replaced when this chance to be a tester came along. Lucky me!

>

>

>

> First Impressions:

>

> It’s soft. I thought my pistolero was squishy compared to the SS 3.0, but this takes the cake. I thought it would bother me once it was on and initially it did. However the shape felt good and after awhile, it started to getting used to it while gaining confidence after every putt. I have a round scheduled for Sunday and this will definitely be in the bag for a live-fire excercise

>

>

>

> One of the reasons I like bigger putting grips is I was pretty handsy at one point. I’ve managed to temper most of it through practice. I really like how a Newport head looks at address but when I need to make putts, my Kombi with the SS gets the call. I’m hoping this change to the Newport will allow me to play the putter I want to. I’ll give another update after a few rounds. I would still have preferred it if the grip was a little firmer but I do like the shape and how it contours to my hands.

>

>

>

> thanks for reading!

OK! I'm sold! I've had a chance to use this grip on my newport for 3 rounds so far. I definitely don't feel like my hands are involved at all during my putting stroke. It also feels a lot more balanced compared to the the pistolero i had on it before. I'm still averaging ~2 putts per hole but i can blame most of the my misses on poor reads rather than bad technique or mishits