MEMBER TESTING: Vice Golf Balls! See What Members Are Saying!

I'll 2nd Dash's nomination of the Lime being my favorite 'yellow' color. At first before taking them out on the course, I wasn't certain, but on the course they're so visible even in dormant bermuda rough (I miss a shot once in a while - LOL) where other yellow tend to hide somewhat.

2021 Bag Update:

Epic Max LS - MMT 60S

Epic Flash 5 Wood

Epic 3/4 Hybrids

Apex '21 Irons 5-7  MMT95 TT

Apex Pro '21 Irons 8-A  MMT95 TT

PM Grind Slate Wedges 58/64

Odyssey Exo Mini 7s

B330 XS Yellow

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am late to post it up because my town was going through bad snow storms.

Thank you vice golf and golfwrx giving me this chance.

basic info about me

- 36 yrs old

- 9 handicap

- 105 Driver SS

- Playing Costco 3 piece now, but used to play Bridgestone b330S and TM Tour Preferred long time.

- I value "cost effectiveness" of the ball. I like pro v 1 but I can game Ksig as well.

1. Packaging

I like it. It is better than snell IMO.

2. Appearance

I like it. Very bright white. The logo looks clean and sharp.

One of my golf buddy asked me if that is women ball. lol He knows nothing but prov.

3. Distance

I found nothing interesting on this area.

I went the same expected distance with my former balls.

4. Wind performance

When I try to cut the ball with my driver, I do not know how to fade it but slice it.

I have no proof or LM data but it gets more effect from the wind.

I have 3 holes that I always hit the same shot and I am really good at it.

The curvature with this ball was always bigger than my gamer. Not saying it is a bad thing.

With iron and wedge, everything was fine with windy condition.

5. Durability

I think it is better than Snell's. (The reason why I keep mentioning them is they are directly competitors IMO)

I hit a tree and a cart path, the ball looked just okay.

6. Feeling

With driver and irons, it was just fine.

With wedge, I felt they were jumpy around green. They were plenty spinny at the same time.

But, jumpy feeling was negative for me.

7. Putting

This is where I choose my gamer.

Nowadays, most of balls just perform. They all go long way with driver and not to spinny.

They all go similar distance with acceptable spin with irons.

But the feeling and the distance control with the putter is different story for me.

I prefer harder feeling off the putter and mushy one.

I prefer shorter role than jumpy longer one.

This ball feels hard enough to my taste and not jumpy at all. So, I really like this ball with my putter.

8. Cost Effectiveness

I am not sure the others are thinking about this or not. But, to me, it is the most important aspect on purchasing golf products(balls and clubs)

Prov1 - over $40

Chrome Soft and TP5 - around $35

Snell and Vice - around $30 including shipping

K-sig 3 piece - $17 including shipping

Today, I bought 5 dozs of 2019 Srixon Z star XI performance pack at $17 per dozen with free shipping.

If costco stops selling K-sig or I cannot find some deals on Srixon balls, I would definitely go with Vice ball.

Thank you.

Titleist                   TSR3 Driver w/GD Tour AD VF 5S
Ping                       G430 3 Wood w/GD Tour AD UB 6S

Ping                       G430 3 Hybrid w/GD Tour AD IZ 85S

Titleist                   T200 4/T150 5-P Irons w/Axiom 105S

Titleist                   48F w/Axiom 105S 54S/60K Wedges w/DG s400

LAB                   Mezz 1 Max Broomstick w/Accra

Second round, well 27 holes with Pro Soft and Pro. The Lime color is the most visible ball I've ever seen. Temp during round today as 35-50. stead 10-15 wind out of North, it was chilly.

Ball flies nicely, been so cold and wet hard to be exact but for most part distance seems on par with Chrome Soft I usually PLAYED.

Short game is pretty sweet. Got up and down from several places I should have been today, no putt over 4 feet.

Approaches even with hybrids stop within a foot of mark, though greens are really soft lately. Backed a couple up, and able to hit little 2 hop stop chips.

I'm sold, especially since the color is just perfect. Used to losing sight of normal yellow in AM sun and glare, but these you can see from anywhere it seems.

Bought 6 for 5 Pro, only got 5 of the Pro Soft....looking forward to normal conditions to see if better than Chrome Soft, but for half the price, if not better, good enough.

2021 Bag Update:

Epic Max LS - MMT 60S

Epic Flash 5 Wood

Epic 3/4 Hybrids

Odyssey Exo Mini 7s

B330 XS Yellow

I will be playing a full 18 holes tomorrow. Today, I got in some putting and chipping practice. I picked up a sleeve of my current gamer (Titleist AVX) and compared them with the Vice Pro+ today.

The AVX felt slightly softer off the putter but otherwise performed identically.

I honestly could not tell a difference in the balls hitting chip and pitch shots with my sand wedge. I hit bump and runs, flops and different trajectory pitches. The balls seemed to perform identically. I deliberately hit a 40 yard shot with each ball onto a cart path to see if they would scuff. The AVX didn't show any marks but the VICE did pick up a slight scuff.

I continue to be very impressed with these balls. When you compare performance and price it's a no brainer.

The normal price for the VIce Pro+ is $34/dozen. Every once in a while Titleist will run a promo for buy three dozen get one free. With that promo then the balls are within a dollar of each other per dozen. However that promo is rare and Vice always offers their balls at $24/dozen if you buy 5 dozen.

ed7173394790d41eb32756caf641af81.jpg

A friend turned me on to these about 6 months ago. Pro soft for me is an excellent ball. Previously always relied on Pro V1's and occasionally Chrome soft.Vice Pro soft seems a little longer off the tee,no loss of accuracy. My driver speed around 100mph. Feels soft off the irons and putter as well.Doesn't scuff too easily either. Only negative is I wish they would come out with it in high gloss as the matt finish gets dirty very easily and doesn't always clean up well.

I've tried their other Vice Pro balls and for me they are harder and don't go as far off the tee or fairway as the Pro soft version.

Hi,

I'd just like to add a few comments pretty much endorsing a lot of positive comments above. I'm a relatively new player having dabbled with the game [ 1 -5 rounds a year] since my 20's and now playing 2 + times a week as I stopped palying Football 4 years ago. I'm 57 and recently dropped to a 12 handicapper now.

I have 'sight' issue in that I only see well out of one eye properly. I also have an almost 'messianic' approach to equipment and have tried pretty much every coloured ball available [within reason ] including Titleist , Srixon, Bridgestone, Callaway, Volvic,and so on.

I came across VICE around 2.5 years ago and started with the Neon Pro Soft as at the time I was looking for a colour that helped me 'see' the ball easier [ yes -its actually tough trying to get the clubhead back to the ball with one eye - try it : ) ] - and also I wanted a softer feeling ball at the time. The neon colour was much better than yellow offerings and stands out at distance far,far better than yellow balls. It also seems easier to find in longer grass or leaves when fairways get missed.

As my handicap began to creep down I wanted a slightly harder ball on impact with Driver and Fairway woods but still a soft feeling ball for short pitches and chips. The 'Pro Plus' in Neon fitted this and cost -wise [ still an important factor whether you loose balls or not ] it's significantly more competitive than other premium offers. I'm not good enough to really appreciate the smaller nuances at the absolute top end of skill level so right now this ball does everything I need and more and really seems to suit my ball flight [ I hit lower trajectory Drives but quite high Iron shots and I seem to get real 'backspin' with it on greens where the ball rarely runs out hard making life a bit more predictable].

The feel off the Putter face is soft. Not all players will like that but again I have a personal preference for that. The alignment line is another nice touch.

I play my pairs comps. with a very good 7 handicapper. At first he 'baulked' at the idea of having to play a neon ball in Greensomes but after a trial he is a convert although prefers the white version. Several other club members are now Vice converts.

The performance / cost equation is difficult to beat. The Neon [for me ] is a terrific colour in all light levels, from a dreary UK winter's morning to 90 degrees + in Portugal - there's no 'sun glare' on bright days that I can discern.

Hope this is of help.

Mark

I have 6 dozen of the Pro+ on order. Thanks again to the Vice team for allowing me to be a product tester. You have earned a customer.

I'll second that! Never would have thought of trying these, so these tester programs definitely work. Thanks again Vice Golf!

2021 Bag Update:

Epic Max LS - MMT 60S

Epic Flash 5 Wood

Epic 3/4 Hybrids

Odyssey Exo Mini 7s

B330 XS Yellow

Vice Pro + Playing review.

I finally got out on the course last Wednesday and played 18 holes. I played the front 9 exclusively with the Pro+ and the back 9 I alternated the Pro+ and my normal gamer (AVX). Through the front 9 I didn’t notice any difference in the way I normally play or the places my ball normally ends up. The ball felt great on the driver, irons and woods. Distances were all consistent with what I normally have. The ball held up well and showed no real signs of use aside from normally grass marks.

On the back 9 I started with the AVX. I noticed a slight difference in feel with the driver. The AVX felt softer on the driver but only slightly. When playing the two separately I didn’t notice it as much but hitting tee shots back to back with each ball the difference was subtle but noticeable. Distance and flight seemed to be very similar. Aside from the slightly softer feel hitting the driver with the AVX I couldn’t tell which ball I was playing. Each ball felt nearly identical with my irons. As I play more rounds I will update this thread with my thoughts.

I am sold on the VICE balls. Thank you so much for allowing me to be a tester. Soon, I will be ordering 5 dozen. After reading reviews on the lime balls, I am going to give them a try as well.

I was playing in a foursome and gave a ball to two of my playing partners and asked for their opinions. One guy is 60+ years old with a driver swing speed of approximately 84mph. The other guy was early 30’s driver swing speed around 100mph.

The 60+ guy absolutely loved the ball. His normal gamer is a Srixon Q-Star. The Pro+ gave him around 5 extra yards consistently on tee shots. He liked it off the irons, wedges and putted well with it. He said he will be ordering some when his Q-Star supply runs out.

The early 30s guy didn’t care for the ball. He said it was too hard. He told me he had a wrist injury many years ago and is sensitive sometimes. I will have him try it again though. He was having a bad round and when that happens, he normally takes it out on anything he can. This time the VICE ball was the variable that was out of the norm for his round.

Thank you again and please if you have any questions feel free to ask.

• 2 weeks later...

So I've played a few more rounds with the Pro + and I've been further convinced that it is a great ball. So much so that I just ordered 5 dozen at the $24.95/dozen price. I purchased 2 dozen lime, 2 dozen white and 1 dozen red. After reading other reviews I decided to try the lime and red.

The last round I played, I alternated between the AVX, Pro+ and Encore Elixr. I posted a review of the elixr in the free sleeve thread that got started.

My final thoughts on the Pro+ are that it performs very similar to the AVX. The only knock I could give it is durability. Playing the same number of holes with the AVX and Pro+, the Pro+ shows more wear. I even swapped to new balls after the first 9 to get a fair comparison. I wanted to make sure that certain shots or impacts on the course weren't causing more wear to one ball than another.

They still hold up well and certainly warrant the $2/ball price. In that range, I don't think they can be beat. I'm interested to see how the lime and red colors look on the course.

Thank you again to GolfWRX and VICE for this opportunity.

So I've played a few more rounds with the Pro + and I've been further convinced that it is a great ball. So much so that I just ordered 5 dozen at the $24.95/dozen price. I purchased 2 dozen lime, 2 dozen white and 1 dozen red. After reading other reviews I decided to try the lime and red.

The last round I played, I alternated between the AVX, Pro+ and Encore Elixr. I posted a review of the elixr in the free sleeve thread that got started.

My final thoughts on the Pro+ are that it performs very similar to the AVX. The only knock I could give it is durability. Playing the same number of holes with the AVX and Pro+, the Pro+ shows more wear. I even swapped to new balls after the first 9 to get a fair comparison. I wanted to make sure that certain shots or impacts on the course weren't causing more wear to one ball than another.

They still hold up well and certainly warrant the $2/ball price. In that range, I don't think they can be beat. I'm interested to see how the lime and red colors look on the course.

Thank you again to GolfWRX and VICE for this opportunity.

I went with the Lime, and visibility is silly good. Even in dormant bermuda you can see them from a ways away, where my yellow CSx weren't as easy to see in winter. My one buddy still plays the yellow CS, and the Lime are definitely easier to see.

2021 Bag Update:

Epic Max LS - MMT 60S

Epic Flash 5 Wood

Epic 3/4 Hybrids

Odyssey Exo Mini 7s

B330 XS Yellow

Hi All,

Below is my review of the Vice Pro+ Lime balls. I'm a 7.3 index with a driver SS of ~103 mph. I'm lucky enough to play in San Diego where the weather is almost always great. A couple of friends were already playing Vice Pro balls and had spoken favorably about them. I knew of the Vice balls, but had never tried them until I got picked to do this review. Needless to say, I was very excited to get picked and even more excited when the balls arrived.

After receiving the balls almost a month ago, I finally made it out to the course yesterday. Played 36 holes w/ the first 18 being in windy, 15-25 mph winds. I was pleasantly surprised with the performance in the wind. I'm typically a low ball hitter and the ball cut through the windy conditions nicely. The ball had a firm feel coming off of all clubs. It was tough to judge the distances with the wind blowing as hard as it was. A couple of times when the wayward shot was hit, the ball was easily found with its bright color. When I was done with the round, the ball was in very good condition with hardly a noticeable blemish on it.

Played our 2nd round of 18 in much calmer conditions. I was able to judge the distances of individual clubs better and found it was getting similar distances to my usual ball, the Pro V1X. The only slight negative was short shots around the green. I wasn't getting as much spin on chips and pitches as I would have liked. Just like the first round, the ball held up well until the end of the round.

Overall, I was pretty happy with the performance of the Vice ball. At the price point of $25/dozen, its a hard ball to beat at that price point. Thanks again to GolfWRX and Vice for the opportunity to review these golf balls. When I'm able to play more golf with the Vice balls, I'll add to my review.

**WITB** **Driver**: Titleist TS2 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Elite Orange S **3 Wood**: Adams Idea XTD 15* Super S Hybrid w/ Fubuki AX350 S **Utility**: Titleist 818H2 19* and 23* w/ Fujikura Motore TS HB 8.8 **5-PW**: Titleist AP3 w/ KBS C-Taper Lites **WEDGES**: Titleist Vokey SM7 52* and 56* **PUTTER**: Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 2 w/ Superstroke

• 4 weeks later...

I am still using this ball and just one of the best ball ever!

Titleist                   TSR3 Driver w/GD Tour AD VF 5S
Ping                       G430 3 Wood w/GD Tour AD UB 6S

Ping                       G430 3 Hybrid w/GD Tour AD IZ 85S

Titleist                   T200 4/T150 5-P Irons w/Axiom 105S

Titleist                   48F w/Axiom 105S 54S/60K Wedges w/DG s400

LAB                   Mezz 1 Max Broomstick w/Accra