FJ Fury or Pro/SL?

acemandrake ·  
acemandrakeacemandrake ROCHESTER NYMembers  349WRX Points: 96Handicap: 12Posts: 349 Greens
Anyone tried both?

Other than spiked/spikeless, are there any differences between the two with regard to stability & comfort?

I'm a fan of the Pro/SL but the FJ Fury looks to be more of a "sneaker type" shoe & maybe more comfortable.

FJ_51101_01.jpg?sw=89&sh=89&sm=fit&sfrm=jpg

FJ_53273_01.jpg?sw=89&sh=89&sm=fit&sfrm=jpg
Posted:

Comments

• GolfingDad44GolfingDad44 Members  89WRX Points: 4Handicap: 2Posts: 89 Bunkers
    I thought I'd like the Fury more but they look like bowling shoes to me.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • portlandportland Members  1117WRX Points: 119Posts: 1,117 Platinum Tees
    Fury for comfort. I tried them on the the other day at GG and was very impressed with comfort.

I think the original pro SL looks better than the Fury.

I don’t think you can go wrong either way, both are very solid offerings from FJ
    Posted:
    Taylormade M1 10.5*
    Callaway GBB Epic 15*
    Callaway XR 19*
    Taylormade p790 5-P,A
    Titleist Vokey SM6 54*, 58*, 60*
    Titleist Scotty Cameron Golo 3
    Srixon Z Star
  • acemandrakeacemandrake ROCHESTER NYMembers  349WRX Points: 96Handicap: 12Posts: 349 Greens
    portland wrote:

Fury for comfort. I tried them on the the other day at GG and was very impressed with comfort.

I think the original pro SL looks better than the Fury.

I don't think you can go wrong either way, both are very solid offerings from FJ

Kinda what I was thinking: Fury for comfort / Pro SL for looks.

Footjoy seems to move away from more understated looks for shoes other than their standard saddle shoes. It would be nice to have sneaker style shoe with a traditional appearance.
    Posted:
  • acemandrakeacemandrake ROCHESTER NYMembers  349WRX Points: 96Handicap: 12Posts: 349 Greens

I thought I'd like the Fury more but they look like bowling shoes to me.

LOL...Someone at Footjoy liked the looks image/taunt.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':taunt:' />
    Posted:
  • MinaretsMinarets Nashville, TNMembers  4494WRX Points: 304Posts: 4,494 Titanium Tees
    I too tried the Fury on ay GG this past weekend and they were as comfy as any i tried on. The adidas 360 spikeless ( i was so excited for) we’re just ok to me. I actually preferred the spiked version for some reason. Wouldn’t think they were any different in comfort. The fury and 360 spikes were the two most comfy to me. Didn’t care for the puma options or Nike. No AM1 option only the vapor pro 2.
    Posted:
    Driver: Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 10.5*
    Irons: PXG 0311 4-PW
    Hybrids: PXG 0317X 17*, 19*
    Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, Taylormade Bigfoot Hi-Toe 60*
    Putter: Ping Vault 2.0 Ketcsh (solid black)  
    Bag: Titleist Players 4 (Green) (something new is coming, cant decide.)
    Ball: Titleist Pro V1 or Snell MTB-X
    Per Footjoy: 1. The Fury has an extra layer of foam between the insole & outsole for greater cushioning.

2. The Fury and Pro SL have similar stability. The Fury has "flexgrid" (visible stripes on inside/outside of shoe) that "provide medial and lateral control" (which may make them more stable than the Pro SL).

I'll try the Fury to see how it compares to the Pro SL's that I've always liked. It may come down to looks.
    Posted:
    Post edited by Unknown User on

Advertisement
  • GooseHookGooseHook Keep it Fraiche Members  12006WRX Points: 507Posts: 12,006 Titanium Tees

Per Footjoy: The Fury an extra layer of foam between the insole & outsole for greater cushioning.

The Fury and Pro SL have similar stability. The Fury has "flexgrid" (visible stripes on inside/outside of shoe) that "provide medial and lateral control" (which may make them more stable than the Pro SL).

I'll try the Fury to see how it compares to the Pro SL's that I've always liked. It may come down to looks.

Potential upside to the Fury is spikes. If the uppers are cared for you'd probably get more mileage out of the soles. I have a 2 year old pair of Pro SLs and the nubs are worn on the heels and a few other areas.
    Posted:
    SIM 9.0°, Atmos Black 7x
    Flash SZ 18°, VTS Silver 8x
    Mizuno MP Fli Hi 21°, Recoil 110

X Forged '18  5-P, PX 6.5
    MD Forged 50/54/58
    SM6 62M

Cleveland Huntington Beach SOFT 11s
    Tour BX

GooseHook wrote:

Per Footjoy: The Fury an extra layer of foam between the insole & outsole for greater cushioning.

The Fury and Pro SL have similar stability. The Fury has "flexgrid" (visible stripes on inside/outside of shoe) that "provide medial and lateral control" (which may make them more stable than the Pro SL).

Potential upside to the Fury is spikes. If the uppers are cared for you'd probably get more mileage out of the soles. I have a 2 year old pair of Pro SLs and the nubs are worn on the heels and a few other areas.

Great point about the spikes. My Pro SL's always wear down on the bottom of the heel.
    Posted:
  • Hougz79Hougz79 Members  396WRX Points: 109Posts: 396 Greens
    I'm tempted to try the Fury. Been reading good things on comfort. The looks.....well they don't blow my skirt up. I'm concerned the fabric in toe box might a a bear to keep clean in white colors.

I bounce between Pro S/Ls and Freestyle 2.0s. I have no complaints about either. Pro S/L is a more narrow. Both very comfortable.
    Posted:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Callaway MAVRIK Sub Zero 9*, GD AD-IZ 7X
    Callaway MAVRIK 3w, GD AD-IZ 8X 
    Callaway Apex 19 20*, GD AD-IZ 95S
    Ping i210 4-AW, DG 120 S300
    Ping Glide 3.0 54SS, 58SS DG TI S400
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Special Select
  • mikeditmikedit Members  236WRX Points: 105Posts: 236 Fairways
    I had a pair of the blue Fury shoes that I wore for 2 rounds. They were very comfortable but the pair I had, after the two rounds, developed almost a crack across the area on the top of the shoe where your foot would bend. There was a visible white line on both of the shoes, did not look too good and I was afraid they would crack right through. I took them back to the store I purchased them from and they had no issue giving me my money back. I suppose the white ones would not show this but on the blue it did just not look right. Too bad though, I really liked the look and they were very comfortable to wear.
    Posted:
  • ArniesArmy1234ArniesArmy1234 Members  131WRX Points: 15Posts: 131 Fairways
    The pro SL are amazing golf shoes, my back and legs hurt much less after a round with them on
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • DavidvDavidv Members  1117WRX Points: 285Posts: 1,117 Platinum Tees
    Both have a nice comfortable feel/fit but I like the look of the SL better.
    Posted:
  • theodorebtheodoreb Members  121WRX Points: 65Posts: 121 Fairways

Just tried on both. The fury was certainly more comfortable and had a slightly larger toe box. I pretty much tried on the whole gg store and they were the most comfortable shoes there. Maybe it’s just me but I really think the pro sl looks like an orthopedic shoe

Posted:
  • MUTTSx3MUTTSx3 Members  16WRX Points: 51Posts: 16 Bunkers

I have this years Fury and the SL from 18 months ago. Fury much more comfortable from the get go. My favorite shoe in the past 5 years.

Posted:
  • soap1984soap1984 Members  761WRX Points: 108Posts: 761 Golden Tee

Does anyone wear the pro sl with shorts? I can't seem to find a picture anywhere of someone wearing them with shorts but I feel like the pro sl would look better with pants, and the fury would look better with shorts?

I'm actually considering both as well and can't really decide which way to go, both feel good.

Posted:
    Ping G410- Diamana BF 
    Ping G 410 - 17 and 19 Hyrbid
    Mizuno MP20 SEL - 4-PW
    Vokey SM7 50, 54, 60
    Newport 2
  • nanosgnanosg Bone Crusher Members  109WRX Points: 80Handicap: 5.5Posts: 109 Fairways

Fury much better for me. First, supper comfy. Second, like having spikes but not issue on firm ground. Third, SL has a more narrow toe box compared to Fury. While I do not have "wide" feet in general, more breathing room with Fury.

Posted:

Ping G410+ 10.5 w/ ACCRA TZ5 65 M4

Titleist TS2 16.5* (B1) w/ Diamana BF 70S

PING G410 19* w/ LAGP Altus Red 85S

TM P790 (4), Titleist T100 (5-PW), Vokey SM7 50* w/ PX LZ 6.0

Vokey SM7 56*(55*) and 60* w/ DG TI S400

PING Sigma 2 Tyne w/ KBS CT Tour black shaft

Advertisement
  • Hawkeye77Hawkeye77 IowaClubWRX  21455WRX Points: 5,419Posts: 21,455 ClubWRX

On -, @soap1984 said:

Does anyone wear the pro sl with shorts? I can't seem to find a picture anywhere of someone wearing them with shorts but I feel like the pro sl would look better with pants, and the fury would look better with shorts?

I'm actually considering both as well and can't really decide which way to go, both feel good.

Yes and I look marvelous!

Apparently not everyone has the legs for them, lol.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.