2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Honest Review of my PXG Experience

RN4LGolfer

OP

My question was this: did your fitting say, as an example, KBS Tgi 90 R+? And then when your clubs arrived they were not the 90 R+'s? Or are you saying you got the correct shafts from your fitting but the flexes were ultra weak?

I find it interesting that these KBS TGI shafts have a flex rating, since if you check the KBS website there is no flex rating for them!

http://kbsgolfshafts.com/shop/tgi-tour-graphite-iron

Only a weight on the shaft and a suggested swing speed for each shaft.

I have two sets of the 110g TGI shafts direct from KBS and there is no flex designation on them.

Perhaps since these came from PXG they are a made-for shaft and do have a flex on them?

If so perhaps there was a mix up in the labeling?

DRIVERS (TBD):  PXG BLACK OPS TOUR 8*,  BLACK OPS TOUR 10.5*,  BLACK OPS STD 8*;  Vanquish 4TX / Diamana WB 53x / GD AD-VF 5s / Ventus TR Black 5x / HZRDUS G4 Black 6.0 / Kaili White, Blue, Red 60x / Tensei AV Raw White/Blue 65x / Diamana S+ 60x

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

PXG GEN5 0311X, Black Label Elite, 22*, Accra TZFive, 105DI, M5

PXG 0317T, Xtreme Dark, 4 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG  GEN0311XP, Double Black, 4 - LW, LAGP L Series, X

TAYLORMADE P7TW, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

I recently had a different but disappointing experience. I play PXG irons and wedges. I love the clubs. The service I have received has been great until recently. I was really intrigued by their new GEN2 Driver.

I reached out to the local rep to schedule a fitting. I texted and called him a few times over a two week period. He never got back to me. When finally got a hold of him, trying to schedule something was impossible. He would always say he needed to check his schedule and get back to me. Needless to say he never got back to me.

After realizing i was chasing him down to purchase an expensive driver I gave up and got fitted for an epic flash.

Use the new Mizuno shaft optimizer(free) and get a great fit. Then spend $1200 and get an awesome set of Japanese forged irons that are backed with a great warranty and customer service. My 8 iron head just snapped off while practicing at the range on mats due to C-taper being a weak shaft. Mizuno paid for shipping, reshafted and regripped for free in 5 days and it wasn't even their fault.

I recently had a different but disappointing experience. I play PXG irons and wedges. I love the clubs. The service I have received has been great until recently. I was really intrigued by their new GEN2 Driver.

I reached out to the local rep to schedule a fitting. I texted and called him a few times over a two week period. He never got back to me. When finally got a hold of him, trying to schedule something was impossible. He would always say he needed to check his schedule and get back to me. Needless to say he never got back to me.

After realizing i was chasing him down to purchase an expensive driver I gave up and got fitted for an epic flash.

maybe now you'll get that gold jacket in 44 long. :)

[color=#ffa500][size=2]Titleist TS2 10.5* [/size][/color]
[color=#ffa500][size=2]No 3 wood currently[/size][/color]
[color=#ffa500][size=2]Ping G10 21* 7 wood[/size][/color]
[color=#ffa500][size=2]Cobra Baffler XL 5H [/size][/color]
[color=#ffa500][size=2]Ping i e1 irons 6-PW[/size][/color]
[color=#ffa500][size=2]Titleist Vokey SM6 Raw 54.14F 58.12K DG S200[/size][/color]
[color=#ffa500][size=2]Scotty Cameron Futura 6M[/size][/color]
[color=#ffa500][size=2]Seamus Snowtrooper Fescue Sunday Bag[/size][/color]

Sorry but I just don't buy it. Maybe it wasn't evident from my previous posts, but testing with a frequency machine isn't accomplishing what you think it is. "Testing" your shafts in the manner you've explained isn't conclusive evidence because all it does is give you an idea of the butt stiffness, and there's different ways to clamp a shaft being "measured" that way which can radically change the results. You're making it out to be some PSA to "get your shafts tested" but it just doesn't work that way.

Maybe they were inadvertently soft-stepped (would have to be multiple times). Incorrect labels is possible I guess but that too just doesn't seem likely. "Measure" a shaft from your set and that exact same shaft model straight out of KBS stock and I'd be very surprised if they were that different (assuming your testing method is done identically).

At the end of the day, go straight to pxg and get someone to resolve this. Not just your fitter or some rep, go up the chain and you'll find someone who is interested in taking care of your issues.

Yeah I'm sure that the golf fitter that's been in business for 20+ years and listed by Golf Digest as one of the top fitters in the country is full of crap, lied to me to get my business, and you have more knowledge than them. I'm no engineer, but when I described the issue I was having to the new fitter, that during my PXG fitting I got a nice straight consistent ball flight, and then the irons I receive produce a high hooking ball flight. The "testing", and the "chart" he used confirmed that even though the shaft says "regular" flex on it, the test results proved they weren't regular flex shafts, hence the reason why I was getting the high hooking ball flight. He pulled a regular and stiff flex shaft for my to try, tested them, showed me that they were an actual "reg" and "stiff" flex shaft based on his tests, and guess what? No more high hookers. He even said that they will order shafts from manufactures and test them before they build a iron set or driver because many times they have to send them back. Don't know why that's so hard for you to comprehend or believe. Must be because you have more knowledge in this area.

I don't know why you would go to PXG for a fitting when you like and had such a good experience with the previous place. Seems like you had already found the perfect place to go.

I have reshafted irons many many times, and dealt with numerous sets of shafts........never once have I had anything near this occur. Im pretty surprised you then shelled out even MORE money to fix their botch lol.

Sometimes its just easier to fix it yourself and move on. Who knows how long OP would have been with out his PXG's if someone had returned his call! In the grand scheme of life an xtra $600 for someone that can afford the PXG brand in the first place isnt the end of the world. He payed a little $ and took hos clubs with the correct shafts with him that day and didnt have to play phone tag with the PXG big-shots!

sorry to hear about the poor customer service op. sounds like they have avoided you once they got your money.

Maybe you never got a receipt as the fitter was trying to cover their tracks .

sad to hear this with the kind of money that was shelled out .

sucks when you have to hound a company for something and they do not seem to care.

Some quick thoughts..... 1st I would have contacted my Credit Card Company and filed a dispute and either got a full refund or PXG would have built me a new set of clubs and the

Cap - Hat would have been sent to me.

Always Always pay with a Credit Card and demand you;re treated right.

Titleist TSi3  ,Ventus Blue 6S  Velocore

Ping G425 14.5  Fairway ,Tensei  AV Orange 75

Ping G425 17.5 Fairway  ,Tensei  CK Orange 75

Ping Anser 23 degree Hybrid

OnOff 2015 Kuro Irons ,Nippon Modus Tour 120

Scratch 50 ,54,58 Wedges  ,Nippon WV 115 Wedge Shafts

Scotty Cameron Champions Choice Newport  2+ 

Titleist Pro V1x

Use the new Mizuno shaft optimizer(free) and get a great fit. Then spend $1200 and get an awesome set of Japanese forged irons that are backed with a great warranty and customer service. My 8 iron head just snapped off while practicing at the range on mats due to C-taper being a weak shaft. Mizuno paid for shipping, reshafted and regripped for free in 5 days and it wasn't even their fault.

You don't need to spend that kind of dough on Japanese forged irons to receive great warranty and customer service. Plenty of the other OEMs are great about warranty and customer service.

Mostly PING clubs, with TaylorMade woods.

I think the moral of the story is, when the person you dealt with didn't help you, move up the ladder. And make some phone calls. Texting and IG-ing is just not gonna cut it when you need to get a message across.

M4 Driver
4, 7, 9 woods

5, 6 Adams hybrids
7-GW Maltby irons
54 & 58º Wedges
LAB Mezz.1 box stock

Just had a friend go through the fitting process for the Heroes program. He ordered 4-LW. They fit him 1/2" over standard. He got the clubs and played 1 round and knew something was off. He got them measured and they were 1/2" under standard. He called immediately and told them what had happened. The sent a call tag, rushed his order and had to completely rebuild his set due to swing weight and lie. He basically got another brand new set. The issue was on their end so it should have been handled this way but still, the customer service was spot on what I would expect from them or any other company.

Just had a friend go through the fitting process for the Heroes program. He ordered 4-LW. They fit him 1/2" over standard. He got the clubs and played 1 round and knew something was off. He got them measured and they were 1/2" under standard. He called immediately and told them what had happened. The sent a call tag, rushed his order and had to completely rebuild his set due to swing weight and lie. He basically got another brand new set. The issue was on their end so it should have been handled this way but still, the customer service was spot on what I would expect from them or any other company.

Sorry but I just don't buy it. Maybe it wasn't evident from my previous posts, but testing with a frequency machine isn't accomplishing what you think it is. "Testing" your shafts in the manner you've explained isn't conclusive evidence because all it does is give you an idea of the butt stiffness, and there's different ways to clamp a shaft being "measured" that way which can radically change the results. You're making it out to be some PSA to "get your shafts tested" but it just doesn't work that way.

Maybe they were inadvertently soft-stepped (would have to be multiple times). Incorrect labels is possible I guess but that too just doesn't seem likely. "Measure" a shaft from your set and that exact same shaft model straight out of KBS stock and I'd be very surprised if they were that different (assuming your testing method is done identically).

At the end of the day, go straight to pxg and get someone to resolve this. Not just your fitter or some rep, go up the chain and you'll find someone who is interested in taking care of your issues.

Yeah I'm sure that the golf fitter that's been in business for 20+ years and listed by Golf Digest as one of the top fitters in the country is full of crap, lied to me to get my business, and you have more knowledge than them. I'm no engineer, but when I described the issue I was having to the new fitter, that during my PXG fitting I got a nice straight consistent ball flight, and then the irons I receive produce a high hooking ball flight. The "testing", and the "chart" he used confirmed that even though the shaft says "regular" flex on it, the test results proved they weren't regular flex shafts, hence the reason why I was getting the high hooking ball flight. He pulled a regular and stiff flex shaft for my to try, tested them, showed me that they were an actual "reg" and "stiff" flex shaft based on his tests, and guess what? No more high hookers. He even said that they will order shafts from manufactures and test them before they build a iron set or driver because many times they have to send them back. Don't know why that's so hard for you to comprehend or believe. Must be because you have more knowledge in this area.

By your logic, PXG who is a top manufacturer of golf equipment shouldn’t have gotten the build wrong either? I suppose the articles Tom Wishon has published here on the fallacies of frequency measuring are wrong too.

From your initial post you’ve been on a mission to slam PXG and anyone who suggests an idea different from what you think is the solution or cause of the issue. I hope you get it resolved to your satisfaction.

And what would you do if you were in OP's shoes? He has already said that his emails, texts and phone calls have all gone unanswered. The fitter has had plenty of chances to make it right and has totally blown him off!!!!

Maybe this post will get someone from PXG to call him back and make this right!!!

By your logic, PXG who is a top manufacturer of golf equipment shouldn't have gotten the build wrong either? I suppose the articles Tom Wishon has published here on the fallacies of frequency measuring are wrong too.

From your initial post you've been on a mission to slam PXG and anyone who suggests an idea different from what you think is the solution or cause of the issue. I hope you get it resolved to your satisfaction.

And what would you do if you were in OP's shoes? He has already said that his emails, texts and phone calls have all gone unanswered. The fitter has had plenty of chances to make it right and has totally blown him off!!!!

Maybe this post will get someone from PXG to call him back and make this right!!!

The big picture in my view is that when a company comes out announcing they are "Better" Best" "Like Nothing Else " as brash as PXG and then we see posts like this one about how bad their customer service after the sale is . Many do tend to pile on and get negative towards PXG. I still say contact your credit card company and dispute your purchase.

Titleist TSi3  ,Ventus Blue 6S  Velocore

Ping G425 14.5  Fairway ,Tensei  AV Orange 75

Ping G425 17.5 Fairway  ,Tensei  CK Orange 75

Ping Anser 23 degree Hybrid

OnOff 2015 Kuro Irons ,Nippon Modus Tour 120

Scratch 50 ,54,58 Wedges  ,Nippon WV 115 Wedge Shafts

Scotty Cameron Champions Choice Newport  2+ 

Titleist Pro V1x

Know quite a few highly respected people within the industry that have stated due to unusual hosel bore set up and headweight alterations not being taken into account by PXG fitters and builders, many customers are running into inconsistency in build issues. Personally feel that better education of those fitting and building clubs should take place and that customer service/response needs to vastly improve when issues arise because company has potential to provide a consistent product to a certain target demographic with some improved attention to some details expected at their price point.

Titleist TSR2 10* (d4 surefit) Fujikura Motore Speeder 7.2s
Titleist 904f 17* YS7+s
Titleist 962b 3-pw s300
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 52* s400
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 58* s400
Ping Zing2 BeCu

Haven't seen OP chime in recently. Guess we'll never know if he ever got that $40 hat?

WITB:
Mizuno GT/ST-180 Dr w/ EvenFlow White 6.0 75
Mizuno GT-180 3wd w/ Tensei CK White 75
TM UDI 1, 3 w/ KBS C-Taper Lite S
TM P770 4-PW w/ TT Tour Concept Satin
TM Milled Grind 52* LB and 58* SB
Odyssey O-Works 7S Tank

• 5 weeks later...

Now you see why there is so many other popular name brans of equipment every bit as good as PXG for a fraction of the cost. So glad I didn't waste my hard earned $$$ on the Hype.

Driver: Cobra  50th Anniversary Edition Aerojet 10.5 w/Graphite Design Tour AD IZ4 

3W: Callaway  Paradym X 3w/ Graphite Design Tour AD CQ5  

5/7W: Callaway Paradym X / Project X Hzrdus Gen 4 silver 5.5

Irons:  Titleist T-350 w/Aerotech i80r

Wedges:  Cleveland RTX 6 ZipCore 48* and 54* w/Aerotech i95r

Putter:  ENVROLL E2 34" with Stability Fire shaft  w/ Oversize Black PURE grip (rotate) ODESSEY EYE TRAX 2-BALL w/BGT Stability Carbon 33" 2 Thumb OG Lite 31 black grip

> @halliedog said:

> Haven't seen OP chime in recently. Guess we'll never know if he ever got that $40 hat?

Hahahaha nope. I learned my lesson

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond S  8.5* (Tensei 1k Pro Blue)

Fairway: Titleist TSR 3W (Tensei 1k Black)

Fairway: Titleist TSR 5W (Tensei 1K Pro Black)

Fairway: Titleist TSR 7W (Tensei 1K Pro Black)

Irons: PXG 0317T Xtreme Dark 5-PW (Dynamic Gold120 X100)

Wedge: Titleist SM9 48*

Wedge: Titleist SM9 54*

Wedge: Titleist SM9 58*

Putter: Scotty Cameron Champions Choice

> @RN4LGolfer said:

> Krt22 wrote:

>

>

>

> I'm not quite sure why you paid extra to have the correct flex shafts installed, I would have been pounding on Parson's door to correct the mistake, especially at the price point you paid

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> After sending multiple texts to each PXG person I dealt with, and got zero response it was frustrating. But you're right I probably should've just kept being a pain in the a**

I totally understand. Im the same way. You spent a bunch of money and a best case scenario would be to send them back again and have to wait 2-3 weeks! You didnt want to wait and wanted the issue fixed...i get that! I wish PXG would attempt to reimburse you or atleast call you back!!!!

• 2 years later...

DO NOT PURCHASE THESE CLUBS!
This company claims to be able to fit you on line but that's so far from the truth. All they want to do is up sell you. Bought some irons before Christmas last year as I was told price was going up. Price wasn't going up they were releasing a newer and better version of the 0211. Pressure sale and upsold me on graphite shafts which I hit 20 yards shorter than 7 year old TaylorMade irons. I live in North East OH so my golf season doesn't start until late March early April. After my 2nd round I called to lodge a complaint that they miss fit me. They blew me off and delayed there response. Actually they didn't respond. I had to call them multiple times. I actual went through another fitting that put me in completely different "Seel and Stiff" shafts. Apparently I had 30 days in 20 degree snow covered ground weather to try these clubs. I started my complaint in March. No one called my back after multiple phone calls. Now in May they say it's almost 6 months since I bought them there is nothing they can do. There policy is to blow you off as long as possible then never help you with you issue. There are so many more options out there besides pxg. I would recommend buying some used garage sale or ebay clubs before buying from them. Save your money and the hassle!

11 hours ago, Bernie67 said:

This company claims to be able to fit you on line but that's so far from the truth. All they want to do is up sell you. Bought some irons before Christmas last year as I was told price was going up. Price wasn't going up they were releasing a newer and better version of the 0211. Pressure sale and upsold me on graphite shafts which I hit 20 yards shorter than 7 year old TaylorMade irons. I live in North East OH so my golf season doesn't start until late March early April. After my 2nd round I called to lodge a complaint that they miss fit me. They blew me off and delayed there response. Actually they didn't respond. I had to call them multiple times. I actual went through another fitting that put me in completely different "Seel and Stiff" shafts. Apparently I had 30 days in 20 degree snow covered ground weather to try these clubs. I started my complaint in March. No one called my back after multiple phone calls. Now in May they say it's almost 6 months since I bought them there is nothing they can do. There policy is to blow you off as long as possible then never help you with you issue. There are so many more options out there besides pxg. I would recommend buying some used garage sale or ebay clubs before buying from them. Save your money and the hassle!

How long after you receive the clubs do you think is reasonable to offer a playability guarantee?  Sounds like you had the clubs for > 70 days before starting the return attempt.  Most playability guarantees are 30 days, with a few companies offering up to 90 days (tgw, roger dunn, ?).  However, the clock starts ticking right away with all of them, not when you get around to using them.

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 19*, 22*

Maltby TS3 Forged 5-9

Vokey SM7 46F, 52F, 58M

PING BeCu Anser

Srixon QST

17 hours ago, Bernie67 said:

I am confused you let them sell you graphite shafts you hit 20 yards shorter than your 7 year old club? Are you able to think for yourself or what is the issue I am missing? Looks like  you are just trying to get posts in to sell stuff, its the only reason you would post something this ridiculous. 

• Like 1

On 5/20/2021 at 10:35 AM, Bernie67 said:

Weird, an online fitting was less than optimal, who could've guessed? Then you kept the clubs and played them outside the 30 days and complain. Your fault, not theirs. 

• Like 1

On 5/20/2021 at 1:35 PM, Bernie67 said:

Welcome to the GolfWRX site and your contribution with your first post!