Another 'Old Ping Anser - Refurb/Don't Refurb ' Thread

morrisminor ·  
morrisminormorrisminor Come back zinc! Come back! 205WRX Points: 53Members Posts: 205 Fairways
Sorry to be dull folks, but I just got an old MgBr anser and dont know how to proceed.

The thing is that it's a Karsten Co Dalehead but its in appalling condition - covered in dings and pitted, weirdly discoloured (pink and green blobs) and with some of the patination rubbed off with a rough sandpaper. It also has the face caved in which wasn't mentioned in the listing. I think the shaft and the grip (pro only) are both original.

So what to do? Restore, return, leave as is... any other suggestions?
Posted:
Ping Rapture 10.5* Aldila NV Protopype 65X
Taylormade RBZ 15* Aldila NV 75X
Callaway Steelhead Plus 5W True Temper Bimatrix X
Mizuno MP-57 4-PW DG X100
Cleveland 588 RTX 51* DG Wedge
Mizuno MP T11 55 & 60 DG Wedge
Odyssey White Hot XG #9

Comments

• FourPutt72FourPutt72  18WRX Points: 18Members Posts: 18 Bunkers
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • fatkidfatkid  178WRX Points: 80Members Posts: 178 Fairways
    I had Ron do a Karsten Co. for me. Looked like it was dragged on a gravelly road before I sent to him. Came back awesome. I would send him another without a second thought.
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.