Bettinardi 2018 bb1 vs bb29

shredNECTARshredNECTAR Members Posts: 119 ✭✭
What’s the difference between the 2018 bb1 and bb29. Is the bb29 not as long heal to toe?

Comments

• hd.softailhd.softail Members Posts: 464 ✭✭
    edited Mar 17, 2019 7:15pm #2

What's the difference between the 2018 bb1 and bb29. Is the bb29 not as long heal to toe?

Correct the BB29 is slightly shorter heel to toe but we are talking so small you can barely tell even when standing them next to each other.

I played the BB1 last season but dumped it over the winter. I spent a good amount of time hitting every putter that was out last winter and my only restriction was any putter under $500. The BB1 beat Cameron, PING, Toulon, etc. That said I just didn't get along well with it out on the course for some reason. I appreciate what Bettinardi is doing with the forward necks but that isn't for me, looks unnatural and looking beyond aesthetics, I don't seem to put well with them.

Honestly I probably putted better with the BB29 but just couldn't get over the boxy look. I will say I think the BB29 was easier to line-up IMO.
  • shredNECTARshredNECTAR Members Posts: 119 ✭✭
    Man you just made my decision so much more difficult. I putted very well with the bb1. They didn’t have the bb29 in stock. I just don’t want to order it and feel like it’s to small looking down at. BUT i do prefer my putters on the smaller side. Way too much toe hang with my current white hot 1 putter. Ugh decisions decisions. May just take the leap with bb1.
  • hd.softailhd.softail Members Posts: 464 ✭✭
    edited Mar 17, 2019 9:12pm #4

Man you just made my decision so much more difficult. I putted very well with the bb1. They didn't have the bb29 in stock. I just don't want to order it and feel like it's to small looking down at. BUT i do prefer my putters on the smaller side. Way too much toe hang with my current white hot 1 putter. Ugh decisions decisions. May just take the leap with bb1.

The BB1 is the same heel-toe length as a Ping Vault 2.0 Anser and/or a Cameron Newport; I know I measured them side-by-side. I purchased the BB1 in part because it has less toe hang than a typical Anser but definitely not face balanced. I liked the BB1 over the Newport 2 because the Newport 2 was noticeably longer heel to toe than the BB1 and the BB1 had less toe hang.

The BB29 neck isn't as forward as the BB1 and because of that the BB29 has more toe hang than the BB1, another reason I choose the BB1.
  • shredNECTARshredNECTAR Members Posts: 119 ✭✭
    Softail, right on. Thanks for the reply. Looks like the bb1 is def the one for me. Was rolling them too good with it at the pga ss. Just had to find out more about the bb29. Not enough info on the differences on website.