New Odyssey Arm Lock putters

1235»

Comments

• CptwigglyCptwiggly Members Posts: 12 ✭✭
    I just ordered the double wide at 42” 3 up. Im ordering blind except for some measurement I did based on a 35” putter and having my wife hold a measuring tape.
  • RebbuttRebbutt Members Posts: 16
    Stick a sawn off hockey stick in the bag and don’t forget to tape up the face for improved feel. Far better alternative to $200+ arm schlock.
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Big Bertha 816 Alpha 10.5* - Big Bertha Fusion 15* - Cleveland Classic 2H 19.5* - PSi 4-PW KBS Tour S - TM Milled Grind 52/56/60 - Odyssey O-works #1 [/font]
  • br61br61 3x Hackin' Hall of Shame SW MissouriMembers Posts: 2,619 ✭✭
    As a former user of ancient 2Ball long putter, I'm curious if Odyssey has made the new Broom Stick shaft stiffer or not? I've always found Odyssey long putter shafts to be on the very soft side.
    My bag of hacking utensils;

Titleist TS3 9.5 PX Even Flow White 6.0(45")
    917F2 16.5* Diamana D+ 80 stiff
    816H1 19 & 23 Speeder 8.8 stiff
    J15CB 5-PW Modus 120 stiff
    TM MG Bronze, 52*,56* & 60*
    Bobby Grace LFI 43"

• MaineMarinerMaineMariner Members Posts: 300 ✭✭
    The Golf Galaxy in Pittsburgh has a couple broom sticks on display. I'm sure other stores do too if you want to try one out.

Weird that they don't have any arm locks on display but they have both length broom sticks. I can't imagine too many of those are going out the door.
    Callaway Big Bertha Fusion Heavy driver, Aldila Rogue M-AX 75
    Callaway Big Bertha Fusion 3 Wood, Aldila Tour Blue 85
    Cobra King F6 Baffler, Aldila Tour Blue 85
    Srixon Z H45 4 hybrid
    Srixon Z 565 irons, 5 - AW, Nippon Modus 3 Tour 120
    Callaway MD3 Milled S Grind 54 deg.
    Callaway Mac Daddy PM Grind 58 deg.
    Odyssey Arm Lock Double Wide, Rosemark 7Teen grip
  • gunmetalgunmetal Members Posts: 1,817 ✭✭
    Noticed Furyk is now locking. Not sure of make and model, just heard the radio guys mention it.
  • titleless_30titleless_30 Members Posts: 14 ✭✭
    gunmetal wrote:

Noticed Furyk is now locking. Not sure of make and model, just heard the radio guys mention it.

Saw that too. It's a V-Line with the stock grip. I'm curious about the specs.
    It's pretty messed up that Odyssey advertises the Arm Lock as having "adjustable weighting," but that the weight kit isn't actually included. So to actually adjust the weight, you have to shell out an additional $50 on top of a $250 putter.

$50 for four $.10 weights and a cheap wrench is criminal.
    Srixon Z H45 4 hybrid
  • br61br61 3x Hackin' Hall of Shame SW MissouriMembers Posts: 2,619 ✭✭
    br61 wrote:

As a former user of ancient 2Ball long putter, I'm curious if Odyssey has made the new Broom Stick shaft stiffer or not? I've always found Odyssey long putter shafts to be on the very soft side.

I was told that the new Broom Stick putters has a stiffer shaft. I might look into ordering one if I need to.
    My bag of hacking utensils;

Titleist TS3 9.5 PX Even Flow White 6.0(45")
    917F2 16.5* Diamana D+ 80 stiff
    816H1 19 & 23 Speeder 8.8 stiff
    J15CB 5-PW Modus 120 stiff
    TM MG Bronze, 52*,56* & 60*
    Bobby Grace LFI 43"

• tgoodspe1991tgoodspe1991 New EnglandMembers Posts: 652 ✭✭

Anyone know where I can find this armlock putter?

It's still available via their clearance section.

https://www.callawaygolf.com/more/clearance-clubs/clearance-putters/putters-2018-tank-cruiser-v-line-armlock.html
    “Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same
    time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented."
    - Arnold Palmer
  • Tmiller72Tmiller72 Members Posts: 5,182 ✭✭

Mine came in a few days ago. They guy that owns the shop and I had a good laugh because it definitely did not fit me. After lengthening and bending, it feels much better. Probably still will need to make some more fine tuning, but it rolls the ball well in my basement. I agree with what some have said, a thicker grip would probably help.

Got my double wide in yesterday. It took me a while to find a position that I was comfortable with that got the face and lie in the correct spot. I may end up bending it even more upright. It’s currently at 75 degrees but I feel like I can get closer to the ball if I go a little more upright. Even so, once I figured it out I started rolling it great. It feels extremely stable and completely eliminated my miss which is the occasional pull. I was just putting in my house on a putting mat. I’m playing this weekend so it will be interesting to see how I do with speed. Once you are locked in all you have to do is rock your shoulders and you are on your line.

I think the biggest thing will be developing a routine to get you in the same position each time. What worked best for me was setting my left arm grip first and then lining up while getting the putter soled correctly. I would then take my stance. My final step was putting my right hand on the club with enough forward pressure to have that locked in feeling against my left arm.

The white hot microhinge face feels much better to me than the o works face. I thought the o works face was too soft. The fit and finish is also nice and it has a quality magnetic headcover. So far I’m a fan.

edited Mar 31, 2019 4:43pm #133

First round of the year with the arm lock. The greens were just punched so I can't really get a good feel for my performance, but this was a pleasant surprise that I hadn't really thought about: the arm lock makes for a pretty decent chipper when you're just off the green. I put the ball a little behind center in my stance and just popped it out. Nice.

On another note, I had Golf Galaxy bend the putter to 74 degrees rather than the standard 72 lie angle. I can sole the putter and stand at what feels to me is the correct distance from the ball. Made a big difference in my comfort level. These putters are really tough to nail from a spec standpoint, which I'm guessing is a turnoff. If you're putting with something that is wildly wrong for your setup, it's never going to feel right.

Post edited by MaineMariner on
    Srixon Z H45 4 hybrid
  • lspky_muskielspky_muskie Members Posts: 895 ✭✭

Any advice on how to get fit for these? Messed around with the 40” Double Wide for 30 minutes today and could not even get close to comfortable or consistent.

@lspky_muskie said:
    Any advice on how to get fit for these? Messed around with the 40” Double Wide for 30 minutes today and could not even get close to comfortable or consistent.

I think you can get an idea for length but loft and lie will be dependent on your set up. Everyone that I have heard from with this putter liked it when it was much more upright. I ordered it at 75 degrees and I still think I cound go up another degree or two. Loft will probably need to be adjusted after you get it. It might be best to order at the length you think you need and then take it somewhere to have it bent to the loft and lie that you need.

1235»