(UPDATED) ANNOUNCEMENT: New Forum Software and what to expect. Old layout will be back soon.

Konklifer said:

portland said: 

For anyone that has ever been on a forum that went through a software upgrade - at first no one likes it, then you use it for a few weeks, forget about the old software and appreciate the new software.  The same will happen here ?

This is vastly different. This is a woefully unfinished product going live to a membership of hundreds of thousands of users. 

Dude, it's a free site for you to use. This isn't some mega corporation. They just came out and said they're still working on it. It's not the end of the world here. 

• Like 1

Cobra LTDx LS 10.5* w/Kai'Li 70TX
Ping G430 Max 15* w/OG Ventus Blue 7X
Titleist TSR2 7w w/Ventus Red TR 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Bettinardi BB1 w/UST Mamiya All-In Graphite 
Mizuno Copper T22 52, 56, 60 w/MCA MMT 125TX Wedge Shafts
TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

Why not move to a platform that could have handled this transition neatly? The advantage of open source might be nice in the long run, and offer some scale difference, but platforms like Invision Community offer nearly everything the old forum did and then some, on a very scalable platform. It also has a very friendly mobile version and Tapatalk integration.

I'm just hoping this doesn't take too long, as user bases don't tend to stick around when they can't find what they need, post what they want, or buy what they want. 

I loved the simplicity of the old mobile version which is all I ever used. Nobody usually likes change with something they are comfortable with, especially golfers. This new mobile format is extremely uncomfortable to even look at much less try and read anything. Very cluttered must be the add on bonus . Would be great to switch back to the old format if the user wanted the option. It is what it is. A favorite website of many, including me, so good luck regardless. 

Srixon ZX7/Cobra Radspeed XB

ZX 3w Riptide/Cobra radspeed motore F3

ZX 19/22 hy Riptide 

Cobra FT 5-Pw,Aw KBS/ Cobra F9 5-pw,aw 

Cbx ZC 54/Cbx FF 58 Dgold

Cobra sport 45/Cleveland elevado

Srixon QST/Titleist Pro V1 or whatever urethane balls I may find 

Why not move to a platform that could have handled this transition neatly? The advantage of open source might be nice in the long run, and offer some scale difference, but platforms like Invision Community offer nearly everything the old forum did and then some, on a very scalable platform. It also has a very friendly mobile version and Tapatalk integration.

I'm just hoping this doesn't take too long, as user bases don't tend to stick around when they can't find what they need, post what they want, or buy what they want. 

My guess is cost.
PING G400 Max 10.5° (+)
PING G430 fairway 18° (F-), Alta CB S
PING G430 hybrid 22° (F-), Alta CB S
PING i530 5-U, DG Mid 115 S300
PING s159 54°-W (bent 52°), 58°-B, DG Mid 115 S300
PING Serene B60
Maxfli Tour Yellow

Can you put a delete button as an option, I have had posts I wanted to delete and it is a pain removing them one character at a time. Why is the edit function now timed, I have often edited posts the next day, sometimes when you look at the when sober they need to be changed.

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

Haven't seen this much white space on a website since I did a Google Images search for "snow".

The web design plans likely are also a work in progress?   ;)

I began posting under the same handle online over on a football fansite following my cursed Vikings now known as "Purple Thoughts" in 2001.  It has gone thru multiple corporate ownership changes and subsequent facelifts.   I guess just really one here since my start in 2010 is not too bad to endure...

I swear...My bag sigs are not due to inept typing skills below!!!

BAG ONE:                                                                                                   BAG TWO:
D - Callaway Rogue ST Max D                                               - Cobra F9 Tour Length  

5 -  Ping G425 Max 5(16.5)                                                    3 -  TEE C721 Pro 3 HL(16.5)

H - Callaway Mav P (18) Titleist TS2 (21)                              H - TM SF 2.0 (18) & (21)

I -  Titleist T300 4                                                                   I -  Taylormade SIM Max 4      
I -  Titleist T100 5-P/MR KK TiNi 105                                     I -  Taylormade P760 5-P/Recoils 110 F4

W - Vokey SM8 52, Vokey SM6 58                                        W - Vokey SM8 52, Vokey SM6 58 
P - Bellum Winmore Midi  787                                                - Guerin TS Black 370

tolmij said:
Can you put a delete button as an option, I have had posts I wanted to delete and it is a pain removing them one character at a time. Why is the edit function now timed, I have often edited posts the next day, sometimes when you look at the when sober they need to be changed.
This is pretty funny actually. This is (was ?) the  ONLY board I've ever seen that had an UNLIMITED edit time and where you could actually DELETE your post.

Me personally ? I support NO edits, NO deletions.

Think before you post. Post sober or get pulled over !!! LMAO

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Titleist 716 AP-1  5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, DGS300

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 34*, RED, BGT Stability

Titleist Pro V1X

nsxguy said:
tolmij said:
This is pretty funny actually. This is (was ?) the  ONLY board I've ever seen that had an UNLIMITED edit time and where you could actually DELETE your post.

People need to be able to edit their BST post though.

Thanks for the update, Richard. Something like this is a big undertaking and everyone must expect some 'growing pains'. Thanks for all you do and I look forward to seeing all the changes as they roll out.  

Driver - Ping G400 LST 8.5* Tour Stiff 65
Fairways - Ping G410 #5 17.5* Evenflow 75 Stiff (set at big minus 16* = 3/4 wood)
Hybrids - Ping G 19* #3 Stiff Tour Stiff 90 and Ping G410 24* #4 Tour Stiff 85
Irons - Ping G410 irons 5-PW Nippon N.S.Pro 950 GH Stiff white dot +1/2" 
Wedges - Ping Glide 3.0 50* green dot +1/2", Ping Glide 3.0 54* black dot and Ping Glide 3.0 Eye 58* black dot
Bag  Ping DLX Black
Putter  Bettinardi Queen Bee #8 2017 model
Head covers for woods Ping Black/White Pompoms
Balls  Titleist ProV1, ProvV1X, AVX and TaylorMade TP5X (depending on the course and weather)
Cart Clicgear 3.5+

My initial comments were negative for the launche of the new layout. I apologize and appreciate the hard work and noticing our passion for your site. Keep up the good work guys 

PING G430 LST 10.5° | DIAMANA GT 60X

COBRA DARKSPEED X 3HF 16.5° | HZRDUS BLACK 70X

PING G425 7W 20.5° | DIAMANA GT 70X

SRIXON ZX5 5-6 | MMT TAPER 105TX

SRIXON ZX7 7-PW | MMT TAPER 105TX

PING GLIDE 4.0 50°/54°/58° | MMT WEDGE 125TX

ODYSSEY TRI-HOT 5K SEVEN DB

SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND 

There is no app in the roadmap. Apps have there place but we are moving beyond apps. If the skins are done properly then no app is needed. Like any forum software, there is a commercial and open source version.

We are using the commercial version and costs is not the factor vs others. Scaleability, security, and future proofing is. We looked at other platforms for years and considered all factors. IPB, SMF, VBULLETIN, etc. You can’t pilot or test when switching to a new platform. We have to design build under live fire. Tapatalk was a mistake as they refused to work with us. After seeing the cost and features gained, there is no added benefit and it is inoperable with Vanilla. Our new partners will work with us to integrate and extend features.

It took 15 years to get the old board painted in a zero upgrade path. Now we are rectifying this and moving forward.

• Like 2

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
BST AD Help
If you have a general help question, post here:
GolfWRX Website Help Desk

tomuch23 said:
I loved the simplicity of the old mobile version which is all I ever used. Nobody usually likes change with something they are comfortable with, especially golfers. This new mobile format is extremely uncomfortable to even look at much less try and read anything. Very cluttered must be the add on bonus . Would be great to switch back to the old format if the user wanted the option. It is what it is. A favorite website of many, including me, so good luck regardless. 

best mobile version in the history of the internet

Epic Flash 10.5 Evenflow 6.0
Epic Flash 3 Wood Evenflow 6.0
Ping G 3 and 4 Hybrid Tour 90
Ping G410 PX LZ 6.0
Cleveland CBX 54 58
Cleveland Huntington Beach 11c

TheGooch said:
When will the functionality to edit a BST post be back? I paid $ to post an ad and need the ability to edit price or get a refund for the ad.

The bst will be a work in progress for next 30 days. Editing should be fixed soon. 

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
BST AD Help

PZero said:
nsxguy said:
tolmij said:

People need to be able to edit their BST post though.

True enough. On this site there are some exceptions. Not sure but they could probably do the time limit by forum.

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Titleist 716 AP-1  5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, DGS300

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 34*, RED, BGT Stability

Titleist Pro V1X

Ohh thank god!!!  Ive been a real Word not allowedhole to everyone all evening wondering what universe i just fell into and trying to figure out how to get back to the old one. Hopefully yall can get things straightened out quick and catch some rest while not working.   Ohh and PLEASE if anything like this ever needs to happen again a gentle little "Hey we bout to pull some crazy stuffs, bear with". Might have helped some of the guys prepare mentally for whats about to ensue.

• Like 1

Here's the thing.  However they did it, golfwrx has become a 'must see' place for a LOT of people.  Now this mass isn't going to vanish because of a 1-2-3 month shakeout period.  Some people just like to complain.  I always wonder if they ever really did anything hard before....I guess I see my role - everyone's role - as to make constructive comments to help the wrx guys figure out how to prioritize what to fix first.  

I am thinking this change scared the crap out of owners.  You just never know... So here's hoping that wrx just thrives and grows...because I really enjoy it.

Titlest Tsi2, 10*, GD ADDI 5
Titleist TSi2 16.5 GD ADDI 5

Callaway X-hot pro 3, 4 h
TM P790 5-W, DG 105 R
Vokey SM7 48, 52, 56
Cameron Futura 5W

Well i hope that it gets better but honest there is nowhere to go but up. Just even looking at the screen is hard and i think proactively warning us that it would be rough after the migration it may have led to less backlash. Anyways I will stick it out for a bit and hopefully it starts taking shape sooner rather than later. 

The previous platform was end of life and the upgrade path present the same challenges we were dealing with on an everyday basis. Cloud based platform with a company that does infrastructure best allows us to do what we do best. 

As the skin and functions settle out, things will improve. The BST will be the Wild Wild West for hopefully less than 30 days. The Masters is just around the corner. 

• Like 1

BST AD Help

I use the mobile app version 99% of the time. Read through most posts but am confused about how the app will be fixed/updated. Please help slowly losing my mind. 

Callaway Rogue ST MaxLS 9*w/Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6s

Callaway Epic Flash sz 15* /Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 7s

Titleist Tsi2 hybrid 18* /GD Tour AD IZ 85x

Titleist T-100s 4-GW /PX Lz 6.0

Titleist SM9 54-12d, 60-10s /PX Lz 6.0

Bettinardi BBzero