32in and under putter lengths

shredNECTARshredNECTAR Members Posts: 119 ✭✭
I feel like 31.5 seems to be my sweet spot as far as putter lengths go. I’m 5 ft 11 and have long arms, just seems to be the perfect length for me. Anyone else benefit from a shorter putter length?

Comments

• GolfdoctorGolfdoctor Members Posts: 1,381 ✭✭
    I'm 5'.6" and like a 32" putter, but a 33" putter is easier on my back. Just sent in a SC NP 2 Mid-Slant for customize. 
  • James the Hogan FanJames the Hogan Fan Members Posts: 360 ✭✭
    I’m 6’-4” and use for the most part a 33.5”. I feel having to bend down over it really helps me focus on line and path, while keeping my arms more compact and eliminating unnecessary movement in the stroke. 
    Golfing in Finland!
  • kb7kb7 Members Posts: 6 ✭✭
    I’m 6’-4” and use for the most part a 33.5”. I feel having to bend down over it really helps me focus on line and path, while keeping my arms more compact and eliminating unnecessary movement in the stroke. 
    Definitely agree with getting over the ball to focus on line. 5'10" here and every putter I've had success with in the past 12 years has been around 33". Current gamer is a Studio Design that plays at 32.75" 
  • g-offg-off Members Posts: 315 ✭✭
    5'9" and have found 32" seems to be my perfect length, absolutely gets my eyes over the ball
    epic flash driver

steelhead xr heavenwood

steelhead xr 9 wood

hogan ft worth hi 22

edel sls 01 5-s

hogan tk 58

putter rotates daily

always hoing the next best thing
  • Forged5Forged5 Members Posts: 692 ✭✭

Been playing 34" for a while now. 5'9"
    Just had a putter fitting at Ping Canada. Fitter proved to me the many reasons 32" fits me better.
    Was going to buy a new putter (S2 Tyne 4) but after trying my Scotty at 32" I hit the sweet spot much more often now, accuracy has gone up and so has feel because putts are struck much more solidly now.
    Best $30 I've spent in a long while. LOL

FORE!

Callaway GBB Speeder TS 665
    Callaway GBB Rogue Sub Zero 3 wood Synergy S
    Callaway GBB Epic Sub Zero 5 wood Rogue S
    Titleist 816H1 19* Diamana Blue / S 915H 21* Diamana Blue S
    TaylorMade P790- A-5 DG105 s
    Callaway MD2 Tour wedge -54/11
    Callaway Mac Daddy PM 58 (black)
    Titleist Scotty Cameron Select GoLo 5 black

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]"7 hcp and going down!!! 57 years old and going up!!!" LOL[/font]
  • TadTad Members Posts: 195 ✭✭

5'6" tall (oxymoron), with all putters cut down to 32.5" and either head weighted or butt weighted to adjust to my feel!
    Tad

Ping Rapture V2 10.5*/ Harrison Saga 70grms
    TEE Trilogy 15*/ GD Tour AD
    TEE Trilogy 18*/GD Tour AD
    Adams Idea Pro 20* VS Proto
    Srixon I701 Tour 4-Pw, Project X
    Titleist Spin Milled 50*
    Fourteen MT28 v5 56*
    Taylormade Original itsy bitsy spider 33/370grms