Similar to Newport 3 but much softer face?

Go_TimeGo_Time _Members Posts: 2,270 ✭✭
edited Mar 17, 2019 11:22am in Putters #1
Played the Newport 3 last year with the Srixon Z-star. Super soft ball.

Switching to Z-star XV this year and it's considerably firmer and click'ier off the face.

Anyone have any recommendations on similar performing/hanging putters, but with much softer faces that I should consider? i.e. an insert. Doesn't necessarily have to be the same shape. I really do like how the faces feel off the Spider putters but hate the look of it while standing over the ball.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Comments

• Ngjg21Ngjg21 Members Posts: 834 ✭✭
    Take a look at the Bobby Grace 18 blade. Great performer with the very soft hsm insert and can be had at a great price if you're patient.
  • Dr.FrankenputzDr.Frankenputz Members Posts: 698 ✭✭
    Some of the odyssey inserts are soft. I have an old #9 white hot xg; super soft in general. Can barely feel it hitting a chrome soft, way to soft for me. Also have a ping sigma Shea h that’s a tad more firm than the odyssey. (I personally prefer a solid, milled face)
  • shredNECTARshredNECTAR Members Posts: 119 ✭✭
    The odyssey white hot putters are almost way too soft with that insert. I tried Bettinardi bb1s and they felt great
  • smeech8000smeech8000 Ev'ryday I'm Trufflin' Members Posts: 2,419 ✭✭
    Rife Abaco - milled groove face (non-insert).  Sneaky soft but offers good feedback where you need it.  Very affordable to boot.
    Titleist 915D4 9.5*
    Titleist 909f3 15*
    Titleist 913h 19*
    Cally RAZR MB 4-PW
    Cally Forged 50/54/58
    Lajosi Sensor