2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

New PXG prototype driver

GolfWRX_Spotted

Has anyone heard if the long wait period is over with?  I know they started shipping out but didn’t know if the ones that came in were only enough for the back orders.  

I also want to test the Gen2 hybrids as I bought mine in April of last year with my fitting of the irons.  Really 

Ike the Gen1 but hearing so many good things about the Gen 2 hybrid.  Heck even the Gen 2 fairway wood.

if anyone’s looking to sell, please PM me.

Callaway Paradym Smoke AI Triple Diamond 9* Proxima 6X

TM Stealth2 Plus 3 wood 15*- Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Rogue “T” Triple Diamond 19* 5 wood- Ventus TR Blue 8X
4-PW PXG Gen5 Darkness 0311T MMT 105TX 2* flat
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  50* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  54* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  58* Axiom 125X
LAB Mezz Max-heavy version, 35” with Stability Tour Fire shaft. Press II 3.0 grip
PXG Hybrid stand bag

zrvt07obsk4w.jpeg

b6lp8qze3xip.jpeg

85sm9u581nvz.jpeg

xoh0fld6t5v9.jpeg

qw5a5rjcfdly.jpeg

aut35g96n206.jpeg

Loving the woods so far, felt great and sound amazing. Moved heavy weights into the forward position for heavier feel. Wasn’t cheap but worth it!

PXG 0811X Gen 2 9* w/ DI 7X
PXG 0341X Gen 2 15* w/ DI 8X
MacGregor Tourney PMB 1-PW w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff
MacGregor VIP Don White Grind Blank 58* w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff
Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2

> @Callawayplayer96 said:

> zrvt07obsk4w.jpeg

> b6lp8qze3xip.jpeg

> 85sm9u581nvz.jpeg

> xoh0fld6t5v9.jpeg

> qw5a5rjcfdly.jpeg

> aut35g96n206.jpeg

> Loving the woods so far, felt great and sound amazing. Moved heavy weights into the forward position for heavier feel. Wasn’t cheap but worth it!

Man that looks nice!

LAB Mezz Max-heavy version, 35” with Stability Tour Fire shaft. Press II 3.0 grip
PXG Hybrid stand bag

> @jaimeb002 said:

> Got mine after 4 weeks, the driver head feels heavier than the 1 I tested. The hybrid feels awesome, the 3 wood I got broke after 3 hits so not impressed so far with these clubs and if the solution is to send the 3 wood back it will be a refund.

Where did the 3 wood break? Face, hosel?

PXG Hybrid stand bag

> @stk123 said:

> In the Golf Monthly video above that I posted, the tester named Joel just posted in comments section that his swing speed with both Gen 1 and Gen 2 drivers that day was 106mph. So 2.3mph higher ball speeds on Gen 2 driver with same swing speed. Very nice!

> @stk123 said:

> In the Golf Monthly video above that I posted, the tester named Joel just posted in comments section that his swing speed with both Gen 1 and Gen 2 drivers that day was 106mph. So 2.3mph higher ball speeds on Gen 2 driver with same swing speed. Very nice!

So whats it normally 2.5 yards per mile of SS so equates out to 6 yards? Diff in Price from Gen1 Heroes at $295 or Gen 2 at $575. I need to see substantial diff in distance and SS to pay for price diff. Gen 2 does look a lot cooler.

> @BirdieBob said:

> bogeypro wrote:

>

>

> BirdieBob wrote:

>

>

> bogeypro wrote:

>

>

>

> And yet, despite you trying to point out that his fitting may have been done under different conditions, the setups are 'almost' identical. Titleist has .5" longer shaft and 8.5 loft. Joel says it's a fair comparison under the same conditions, on the same day, same session. The results were very similar and expected, given the longer shaft.

>

>

>

> Still not sure what you are trying to say by continuing to point out that the pxg fitting "may" have not been done indoors, despite that he says he was fit for it indoors.

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> He says in his video that he was fit for the PXG at Woburn Golf Club....no question. Freezing conditions with different balls vs the indoor premium warm balls.

>

>

>

> This will result in different results indoors compared to outdoors....that is the point that you seem to be missing.

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Omg bob. Let's try again.

>

>

>

> I understand your point and we've established that you are calling him a liar on whether he was fit indoors. Now, let's look at this video... the results of the fittings are almost identical. So, it could be assumed that the weather didn't make much difference for him. That is echoed by the results of the showdown under similar conditions indoors.

>

>

>

> You are trying to say that that a fitting under similar circumstances would have resulted in pxg being much better. I'm saying you are wrong. I imagine that the results would be what they are now, almost identical performance.

>

>

>

> This is what I preach... two modern drivers from different manufacturers custom fit to the optimum, will not be much different from each other.

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> If you believe that a driver fit when it is freezing outside will result in similar numbers with warm premium balls in warm air indoors then we are done.

>

> I say that will result in different results and cannot be compared and this causes this video to be a poor comparison. A cold golf ball does not fly like a warm one and even different balls cause differing flight....all of which will result in a different driver setup to achieve optimum results.

> @BirdieBob said:

> bogeypro wrote:

>

>

> BirdieBob wrote:

>

>

> bogeypro wrote:

>

>

>

> And yet, despite you trying to point out that his fitting may have been done under different conditions, the setups are 'almost' identical. Titleist has .5" longer shaft and 8.5 loft. Joel says it's a fair comparison under the same conditions, on the same day, same session. The results were very similar and expected, given the longer shaft.

>

>

>

> Still not sure what you are trying to say by continuing to point out that the pxg fitting "may" have not been done indoors, despite that he says he was fit for it indoors.

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> He says in his video that he was fit for the PXG at Woburn Golf Club....no question. Freezing conditions with different balls vs the indoor premium warm balls.

>

>

>

> This will result in different results indoors compared to outdoors....that is the point that you seem to be missing.

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Omg bob. Let's try again.

>

>

>

> I understand your point and we've established that you are calling him a liar on whether he was fit indoors. Now, let's look at this video... the results of the fittings are almost identical. So, it could be assumed that the weather didn't make much difference for him. That is echoed by the results of the showdown under similar conditions indoors.

>

>

>

> You are trying to say that that a fitting under similar circumstances would have resulted in pxg being much better. I'm saying you are wrong. I imagine that the results would be what they are now, almost identical performance.

>

>

>

> This is what I preach... two modern drivers from different manufacturers custom fit to the optimum, will not be much different from each other.

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> If you believe that a driver fit when it is freezing outside will result in similar numbers with warm premium balls in warm air indoors then we are done.

>

> I say that will result in different results and cannot be compared and this causes this video to be a poor comparison. A cold golf ball does not fly like a warm one and even different balls cause differing flight....all of which will result in a different driver setup to achieve optimum results.

Im curious does anyone in the US do golf reviews why are all these clowns from UK?

> @"Dr.JP" said:

> From my pxg pro:

>

>

>

> It’s 14 unique/different clubs one must be a putter, a bag and hat of your choice for $5000.

>

>

>

> Just ran 2 through last week and ended up saving the guys about $2500 rather then buying them at different times.

>

>

>

> You can do darkness heads but that $5500.

>

>

>

> There’s some other things to it but that’s pretty much it

> @"Dr.JP" said:

> From my pxg pro:

>

>

>

> It’s 14 unique/different clubs one must be a putter, a bag and hat of your choice for $5000.

>

>

>

> Just ran 2 through last week and ended up saving the guys about $2500 rather then buying them at different times.

>

>

>

> You can do darkness heads but that $5500.

>

>

>

> There’s some other things to it but that’s pretty much it

thats for all Gen2?

So $575 for driver, $450 for FW, $375 for hybrid?

4-PW $2800

Milled wedges $650 each (which is ridiculous) or $1950

Putter $400

Bag $400

Hat $40

thats total retail of about $7000 so actually yeah good deal if can include milled wedges.

> @"Dr.JP" said:

> Yea. It comes out to 357 and change a club. Not including the bag

> @"Dr.JP" said:

> @"Dr.JP" said:

If that includes the 0311T milled wedges then yes great deal if just the regular wedges then not so much.

Interested in what shafts people are playing in their 0811x heads? Counter balanced or not?

Callaway Tour Issue Paradym TD-S 8.5 (7.9) - Fujikura Ventus Black TR 5X

TaylorMade TOUR Stealth 2 15 - Fujikura Ventus Red TR 7X
PXG 0317X Gen 5 19  (Actual 17.5) - Fujikura Ventus Blue 8X
PXG 0311X Gen 5 -  Fujikura Ventus Blue 9X

PXG 0317T - 4 - LAGP L-Series (5) X
Miura KM-700  5-PW - LAGP L-Series (5) X
PXG Milled "Sugar Daddy 2 " 50,54,60 - DG TI S400
Scotty Cameron Holiday LTD (23}/ LAGP 135 (White)

> @Morry said:

> Currently playing a regular g400 and I can't seem to beat it with new g410, epic flash, F9 or Miz190

> wondering about the gen 2 xf

> have heard it wasn't the fastest ball speed-wise, but looking for comments on switchers from g400 in particular

> appreciated

> Love to hear views on this - appreciated

> @djhgolf said:

> Interested in what shafts people are playing in their 0811x heads? Counter balanced or not?

I am sort of tinkering with shafts at the moment, have put in a Tour AD TP 6x and removed one of the silver wegiths and replaced with another black one, gets the swing weight to around D2 which is what I like for my driver, also a really good shaft that i used for almost 2yrs in my M1(7x version). Do have another shaft coming to try which is counterbalanced, Aldila Rogue White 6TX so I may play around with the weight a little more depending on how it comes out with the counterbalanced shaft.

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Ventus Blue TR 6X

3 Wood: Titleist TSR2+ 14.5* w/Ventus Blue TR 7x

5 Wood: Titleist TSi2 18* w/Aldila Rogue White 130 80 TX

Irons: Titleist T-200 3 iron w/Ventus Black 9TX

Titleist T-150 4-PW w/Project X 6.5

Wedges: SM9 Raw 52F & SM9 58T grind w/Project X 6.0

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X5

Never far away: Custom Slighter Tacoma

> @Morry said:

> > @Morry said:

> > Currently playing a regular g400 and I can't seem to beat it with new g410, epic flash, F9 or Miz190

> > wondering about the gen 2 xf

> > have heard it wasn't the fastest ball speed-wise, but looking for comments on switchers from g400 in particular

> > appreciated

> > Love to hear views on this - appreciated

>

>

Can ANYONE help here

just don't see the reviews out there on the XF to be able to judge

any insight is very appreciated

Well after waiting for 6 weeks to get my PXG 0811x 9* with PO 60TX tipped 0.5", I got to play it for 10 days. Driver broke on first hole of tournament. Had to use 3-wood the whole round. The head came loose and the screw would not tighten, just spins in circles. Put shaft on another head and was able to tighten it, so the problem is with the head. I was hitting it on the range really good that morning and pounding those range balls (115-ish clubhead speed), so I just don't think the club was able to handle it. Very poor quality and really annoyed. Returned it to club champion and asked if I can get refund instead of replacement. I am done with this company for now.

edit: I am not cussing, so no reason to censor my "scrw" word. Nevermind, now that I edited with this comment, it is not censored anymore. Confused with new website.

> @Morry said:

> > @Morry said:

> > > @Morry said:

> > > Currently playing a regular g400 and I can't seem to beat it with new g410, epic flash, F9 or Miz190

> > > wondering about the gen 2 xf

> > > have heard it wasn't the fastest ball speed-wise, but looking for comments on switchers from g400 in particular

> > > appreciated

> > > Love to hear views on this - appreciated

> >

> >

> Can ANYONE help here

> just don't see the reviews out there on the XF to be able to judge

> any insight is very appreciated

>

>

Why is it so hard to get anyone to comment?

> @Morry said:

> > @Morry said:

> > > @Morry said:

> > > > @Morry said:

> > > > Currently playing a regular g400 and I can't seem to beat it with new g410, epic flash, F9 or Miz190

> > > > wondering about the gen 2 xf

> > > > have heard it wasn't the fastest ball speed-wise, but looking for comments on switchers from g400 in particular

> > > > appreciated

> > > > Love to hear views on this - appreciated

> > >

> > >

> > Can ANYONE help here

> > just don't see the reviews out there on the XF to be able to judge

> > any insight is very appreciated

> >

> >

> Why is it so hard to get anyone to comment?

>

>

No offense, but there likely isn’t anyone that has gone specifically from the g400 as you requested. Each person is going to have different results. I’d suggest trying it out at club champion or thru your local rep

Nothing is safe in my bag!

OK, here is the info I have on the PXG Gen2 Driver.......It sounds great if you like the thud/muted sound, similar to the foamed JBeam ZY11, it is forgiving but not as forgiving as the M5 or M6 or G410 driver......So for forgiveness, ill give this club a 8/10.......As for ball speed, it is not a ball speed monster nor is it a slouch, it is not as fast as the F9 or Mizuno ST 190 but it is right there or faster than the TS2 and M5 drivers, It is very low spin and I would say on par with the F9 and ST 190. It is the lowest launch of all the drivers I have tried, very noticeable in its low launch and muted sound, I think it looks great and I would not mind if they made it a few mm deeper face.....I played mine with a Tour AD VR 6X at 45.25". It weighed out at D4.

Sound 10/10

Spin 10/10

Ball Speed 9/10

Forgiveness 8.5/10

looks 9.5/10

* the 0311X Gen2 is approximately 1 mph slower than the F9 and about 2mph slower than the ST190, however it is more forgiving than both of them and feels better too

> @davo32683 said:

> > @Morry said:

> > Why is it so hard to get anyone to comment?

> >

> >

>

> No offense, but there likely isn’t anyone that has gone specifically from the g400 as you requested. Each person is going to have different results. I’d suggest trying it out at club champion or thru your local rep

Finally, Above, An Opinion and some value ! - speaking of no offence

Thank you puresurfr !

I've been playing the Gen2 XF for about 6 rounds now, coming from the G400Max. For me, the Gen2 XF is more forgiving than the G400 Max (which is saying a lot), and I am seeing basically the same distances (maybe a bit better with the PXG as I seem to be finding the center of the clubface). Shafts are similar but not the same, GD Tour AD IZ stiff-regular in the Ping, GD Tour AD VR stiff-regular in the PXG (both playing at 44.75").

PXG Gen2 0811XF LIN-Q Purple stiff

Mizuno STX 5W Fujikura Motore F3 70 stiff

Ping G425 4H Tensei CK Pro Orange 80 reg

PXG Gen 3 P 5-AW Accra i80 stiff

PXG  Forged 55* Accra i80 stiff

Cleveland CBX 2 Full Face 60* * 64*

PXG One & Done P2 Reflex Tour grip

Golf Pride Microsuede

> @Morry said:

> > @Morry said:

> > Currently playing a regular g400 and I can't seem to beat it with new g410, epic flash, F9 or Miz190

> > wondering about the gen 2 xf

> > have heard it wasn't the fastest ball speed-wise, but looking for comments on switchers from g400 in particular

> > appreciated

> > Love to hear views on this - appreciated

>

>

I just had the chance to get outside and hit my XF. Came from 10.5 G400 Max. The XF sounds A LOT better than Max. Less tinny, more of a thump. I've only played one round but seems to be similar forgiveness as the Max. It launches a lot lower, but a lot less spin for me. I've got a couple shafts I'm going to mess with, but so far really enjoy the XF.

> @cferguson5 said:

> Just a follow up from a previous post... I got my driver in today and it does in fact have the handcrafted version of the HZRDUS shaft. Can’t wait to get out on the course tomorrow morning. I ordered the XF 9 and it took exactly two weeks for delivery.

I assume this is the HZRDUS yellow. Is the shaft the yellow with grey writing, or black with yellow writing version?

Ping G430 LST 10.5°, Fujikura Ventus Red TR 6X
TaylorMade Stealth Rescue 22° Fujikura Ventus 8X
Miura KM-700, 4-PW, Project X LZ 6.5

Vokey SM9 Wedgeworks: 52-12F, 56-10S, 60-04T DG Tour Issue S400 Onyx 
Vokey Limited Edition: 64-04W, DG Tour Issue S400 Onyx
LAB Mezz.1 Arm Lock LAGP White Shaft

Yeah, i usually enjoy Rick Shiel Videos but he seems really caught up on the price ? His review is spot on honest and its pretty much the same results i got. PXG is pretty much a luxury item, it does the same thing as everybody else, some aspects are a bit better and some aspects are a bit worse, price point is a bit higher but not as far out of line as the irons or milled wedges.

There are so many comments on a fool and his money are soon parted and how their $50 driver performs vastly better and how if they had 10B dollars, they would not buy PXG. I own several sets of PXG irons and drivers and I definitely agree with a lot of the comments. A fool and his money are soon parted but there are soooo many ways for a fool to part with his money and golf clubs are just a small bit compared to the amount some fools lose on trophy wives and strippers and drugs and cars and airplanes.......and i absolutely agree that there is very little to no performance gain on this club or any other PXG offerings versus the many others out there at lower price points.

• Like 1

Liking my 0311X, still trying to find the ideal shaft and settings but it’s a great driver. It was consistently straighter than anything else I hit. I liked the M5 and Flash SZ but I just hit them way to high.

Side note to any of the PXG owners, got a couple(2) of these PXG driver headcovers that I was told by the rep are limited edition. Going to throw them on the BST if anyone might be interested.

cejawmck5cbv.jpeg

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Ventus Blue TR 6X

3 Wood: Titleist TSR2+ 14.5* w/Ventus Blue TR 7x

5 Wood: Titleist TSi2 18* w/Aldila Rogue White 130 80 TX

Irons: Titleist T-200 3 iron w/Ventus Black 9TX

Titleist T-150 4-PW w/Project X 6.5

Wedges: SM9 Raw 52F & SM9 58T grind w/Project X 6.0

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X5

Never far away: Custom Slighter Tacoma