Light rust on a Scotty Cameron

OlivierW ·  
OlivierWOlivierW Members  4WRX Points: 7Posts: 4 Starters

Hello
This is my first post on GolfWRX.
I just purchased a great Newport 2. It has very slight rust on it. Not sure what to use/do
Would appreciate some recommendation.

Thanks and all a great weekend!

Posted:

Comments

• PreppySlapCutPreppySlapCut This is just babytown frolics... Members  6601WRX Points: 270Posts: 6,601 Titanium Tees

Thats just surface rust. The putter is stainless, so no worries there. White vinegar and a toothbrush will do the trick.

Posted:
    Taylormade SIM 10.5* w/ Graphite Design VR-5 (X)
    Taylormade M6 Tour 15* w/ Accra Tour Z RT Proto 75 (M4)
    Ping G410 19* & 22* w/ KBS Proto 85 (S)
    Ping i210 5-PW w/ Aldila RIP 115 (S)
    Ping Glide 2.0 50*, 55*, 60* w/ Aldila RIP 115 (S)
    Scotty Cameron Toolbox
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • BYKBYK Cardinals NationMembers  2111WRX Points: 305Posts: 2,111 Platinum Tees

Always find it interesting when some of the stainless putters rust, and others are never affected no matter how they're stored.

Posted:
    Yadi for President
  • OlivierWOlivierW Members  4WRX Points: 7Posts: 4 Starters

Thanks for the help. I’ll try first with vinegar. Coke for the night sounds agressive.

Posted:
  • Rob McHughRob McHugh Rob ClubWRX  1056WRX Points: 220Handicap: 13Posts: 1,056 ClubWRX

Get one of your wife’s qtips, wrap some 0000 grade steel wool around the top and apply a little Eezox with it - hey presto! :-)

Rob

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.