2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Game Golf PRO

I'm in agreement with you on early adopter tech, but Game Golf announced this product over a year ago. Given this much time from announcement to shipping you would hope that they figured most of it out. My experience with the product was poorly conceived set up, very inconsistent results, and a support team that is not responsive. Not what you want in a product. I'm still waiting on a refund for weeks now.

Eric

Everything you mentioned, can be part of early adopter pain. Delays in shipment and release are very common, for example mevo early adopters would know this, they delayed shipping it for a few months, and that is from a pretty large company flightscope. I was one of those and there were also bumps in that release, including setup instructions. They ironed them all out and the thing is great, I have no doubts that the same will happen here just be patent.

It seems they rushed the announcement and delivery dates to protect their market share and it's blown up in their faces. The upgrades were ambitious in both hardware and software so they clearly didn't given themselves enough time for alpha and beta testing which turned us all into paying beta testers.

I doubt they are going out of business, they are backed by some pretty big pockets and until recently were really only fighting it out with Arccos. Maintaining market share will be tougher going forward with Garmin entering the market and Bushnell likely not far behind.

Driver - Callaway Paradym
Woods - Callaway Paradym 3W
Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
Irons - Callaway Paradym 6-52*
Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

I have been with GameGolf from the beginning. The Pro unit was a disappointment, worked with support for a month to get it to work, it would not tag any of the clubs, even after they send me a replacement model just to rule out diffectiveness.

At the end I had to return the unit and go back to the older model with work just fine.

Hopefully the fix the bugs on the product and release a better version of it.

Driver:  TourEdge Exotic Pro 10.5 with NIPPO N.S. Regio Formula MB+ 65 Stiff
3 -Wood: Cobra King SZ with Tensei AV Blue Stiff
4-Hybrid: Cobra King F9 Hybrid
Irons: Mizuno MP-18 MMC - 5-PW , w/SteelFiber i125
WedgesCleveland RTX 4 RAW - 52 ,56, 60
Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab Seven S, 34in
BallsTaylorMade TPx  & Snell MTB-X-
GPS:  :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

TESTING: NIPPO N.S. Regio Formula MB+ 65 Stiff.

• 2 weeks later...

> @matchavez said:

> I pre-ordered, and I'm finally about to get mine... have to admit I'm afraid.

It should be fine it appears most of the initial errors have been fixed especially with the latest firm ware upgrades for the medallion and the sensors.

Used it yesterday, on a course I rarely play and for the first time it did not miss a shot, including putts, and had no false reading so it appears to be through the worst of the issues, as long as you get all the upgrades before you start using.

After having item in the box since mid Jan I opened it up tonight in the hopes of pairing everything for tomorrows round.

Except none or the tags would pair (despite me getting close to the light bulb). Then round this thread and saw it really needs done outside. Will try it in the morning just hoping all of that plus the firmware fun doesn't take more than 90 minutes as that's all the time I have tomorrow and have already pissed away 2 hours on it tonight.

Add one to the refund tally. I pre-ordered, was able to tag all but 2. They shipped 2 replacement tags (took about 3 weeks), and one of them doesn't work either. I have done this on sunny days and under bright LED lights. I emailed 2 weeks ago again asking for replacements but of course they still haven't shown up. I emailed customer service twice asking for a status and nobody responds.

Then I tried to update the firmware on the tags which was successful on all but 2 or 3. It was a long winter but I have finally taken it out a couple times. First time it worked pretty well. Only a few missed shots. Now, the Driver and GW tags don't work at all.

It is one thing to release a product not ready for use, it is another thing to ignore loyal customers and provide terrible customer service. I have owned every version of GG. No more.

• 2 weeks later...

I got a new phone and had alot of trouble with getting the game golf device setup as it made me re-pair all of the tags.

I had to hold up the tags to within a few inches of bright LED lights to get the pair to occur. Probably spend around 3 hours troubleshooting/getting this done which is ridiculous.

I removed all of the old rounds off so I can start fresh. Am 2 rounds in and will see if the machine learning picks up and stops adding random putts and not including tee shots/other shots. For the 2 rounds completed I had to spend around 30-45 minutes fixing up the round on the computer but am told it gets better as the tags learn.

I don't think it will ever get better for putting in terms of the strokes gained/insights as I don't think I will ever take the time to remember every putt and pin location so unless it automatically fixes that up I will disregard that stat. Anyone else who's device is working after a few rounds able to confirm this?

All in all I would not recommend buying this product. While it may eventually be good for me the amount of time and negative user experience I have had with it I don't think I would ever recommend it.

> @Bryzey said:

> I got a new phone and had alot of trouble with getting the game golf device setup as it made me re-pair all of the tags.

>

> I had to hold up the tags to within a few inches of bright LED lights to get the pair to occur. Probably spend around 3 hours troubleshooting/getting this done which is ridiculous.

>

> I removed all of the old rounds off so I can start fresh. Am 2 rounds in and will see if the machine learning picks up and stops adding random putts and not including tee shots/other shots. For the 2 rounds completed I had to spend around 30-45 minutes fixing up the round on the computer but am told it gets better as the tags learn.

>

> I don't think it will ever get better for putting in terms of the strokes gained/insights as I don't think I will ever take the time to remember every putt and pin location so unless it automatically fixes that up I will disregard that stat. Anyone else who's device is working after a few rounds able to confirm this?

>

> All in all I would not recommend buying this product. While it may eventually be good for me the amount of time and negative user experience I have had with it I don't think I would ever recommend it.

I am about 15 rounds in to the Game Golf Pro and it is working well now with very little editing of the round after completion though putting is the only real pain point. I find it either does register the put or it registers putts when I tap down a plug mark. But I am living with this. And no I do not thump the putter down when tapping the plug marks down.

I found it took between 5 - 8 rounds for the machine learning to really kick in and it has been getting better every round after that.

It sounds like Game Golf is recapitulating the entire 1st-generation history of Arccos Golf. Same troubles getting tags paired, same flaky app issues, same annual fee for the Caddie function. It's like each company has to make a first iteration that sucks for a couple years before coming out (one hopes) with one that is worth the bother to use.

I've got about ten rounds with mine and for me anyway, I can only conclude that it simply doesn't work. The app constantly crashes, and every hole seems to have multiple missed shots and/or false records. There are entire missed holes on each round. The tags seem to work sporadically, for example today the driver would stop recording for five or six holes, then come back, then quit again. It requires so much babysitting that it's just not practical.

I'm wondering if it's the platform maybe...I'm using android (Galaxy S9+). For those of you that are getting it to work, are you maybe on IOS?

I have the original game golf too, and the more I play with the Pro, the more I realize the manual system might be better for me... If you can simply remember to tag. It works flawlessly. The pro requires so much hand holding it would be faster to just write stuff down. Maddening experience.

[size=2][i]"I see the distorted swings, the hurried rounds, and now the electric carts tae ruin the course and rob us of our exercise...we have gone off the mark, gone after the wrong things, forgotten what it's all about"[/i][/size]

[size=2]-Dr. Julian Sands, Golf in the Kingdom[/size]

> @Gautama said:

> I've got about ten rounds with mine and for me anyway, I can only conclude that it simply doesn't work. The app constantly crashes, and every hole seems to have multiple missed shots and/or false records. There are entire missed holes on each round. The tags seem to work sporadically, for example today the driver would stop recording for five or six holes, then come back, then quit again. It requires so much babysitting that it's just not practical.

>

> I'm wondering if it's the platform maybe...I'm using android (Galaxy S9+). For those of you that are getting it to work, are you maybe on IOS?

>

> I have the original game golf too, and the more I play with the Pro, the more I realize the manual system might be better for me... If you can simply remember to tag. It works flawlessly. The pro requires so much hand holding it would be faster to just write stuff down. Maddening experience.

The issues are certainly not platform specific. I am an IOS user and just could not get either the tagging to work or the in-round use. It is just an absolute terrible product that was released too soon.

> @Dat_Dude said:

> The issues are certainly not platform specific. I am an IOS user and just could not get either the tagging to work or the in-round use. It is just an absolute terrible product that was released too soon.

Although "too soon" was, what, about 18 months after it was initially supposed to be released? And two years after it was announced?

> @"North Butte" said:

> > @Dat_Dude said:

> > The issues are certainly not platform specific. I am an IOS user and just could not get either the tagging to work or the in-round use. It is just an absolute terrible product that was released too soon.

>

> Although "too soon" was, what, about 18 months after it was initially supposed to be released? And two years after it was announced?

Haha, yes indeed!

• 2 weeks later...

> @Dat_Dude said:

> > @Gautama said:

> > I've got about ten rounds with mine and for me anyway, I can only conclude that it simply doesn't work. The app constantly crashes, and every hole seems to have multiple missed shots and/or false records. There are entire missed holes on each round. The tags seem to work sporadically, for example today the driver would stop recording for five or six holes, then come back, then quit again. It requires so much babysitting that it's just not practical.

> >

> > I'm wondering if it's the platform maybe...I'm using android (Galaxy S9+). For those of you that are getting it to work, are you maybe on IOS?

> >

> > I have the original game golf too, and the more I play with the Pro, the more I realize the manual system might be better for me... If you can simply remember to tag. It works flawlessly. The pro requires so much hand holding it would be faster to just write stuff down. Maddening experience.

>

> The issues are certainly not platform specific. I am an IOS user and just could not get either the tagging to work or the in-round use. It is just an absolute terrible product that was released too soon.

Well I appear to be the exception and I am in Australia, Got the tags to work first time though it is very tedious, had some missed shot issues in the first 5 rounds but as the "Machine Learning" started to take effect it has been fine. Last round there was one missed shot and that was using a Hybrid as a putter from off the green and I will forgive that.

So from my experience using it with iOS it has been good, but I will bow to greater volume which have had a terrible experience

• 5 weeks later...

After my disaster with gamegolf pro, I recently bought Arccos and just have to say what a pleasure it was to use. Tags paired immediately and my first round worked flawlessly. The stats are meaningful and useful. Orders of magnitude better product than Gamegolf. If you are thinking about getting a tracking system, look no further than Arccos.

How do you find having your phone in your pocket for the whole round? That was the one draw back I hd to going the arccos route. I am stil not having the problems you had with the gamegolf offering but I I had I would have probably jumped by now as well.

Are you considering the arccos link device when they finally release it, if so drop a review on here so we can compare apples with apples

> @jg1166 said:

> How do you find having your phone in your pocket for the whole round? That was the one draw back I hd to going the arccos route. I am stil not having the problems you had with the gamegolf offering but I I had I would have probably jumped by now as well.

>

> Are you considering the arccos link device when they finally release it, if so drop a review on here so we can compare apples with apples

I don't mind have my phone in my pocket one bit. I have always played with it my front pocket. I hated the GG thing that clipped to your belt. It always fell off or got tangled in my pull over. I'll look at the Arccos equivalent but I doubt I'll use it.

> @pnd4pnd said:

> > @jg1166 said:

> > How do you find having your phone in your pocket for the whole round? That was the one draw back I hd to going the arccos route. I am stil not having the problems you had with the gamegolf offering but I I had I would have probably jumped by now as well.

> >

> > Are you considering the arccos link device when they finally release it, if so drop a review on here so we can compare apples with apples

>

> I don't mind have my phone in my pocket one bit. I have always played with it my front pocket. I hated the GG thing that clipped to your belt. It always fell off or got tangled in my pull over. I'll look at the Arccos equivalent but I doubt I'll use it.

>

The phone in my pocket, as stated, was thing that put me off, I am probably just strange but I don't like having much in my pockets when I play, divot tool a couple of tees and ball marker is all I have anything more just feels odd.