2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos Γ—

Nairn or Moray

Dsalera

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Another shout for Moray. Much more character and variation in holes.

Β 

Β 

Also Nairn are currently undertaking a huge amount of work at present including moving greens and bunkering. Therefore it may not be bedded in by the time you play. Certainly I do prefer Moray but I'm pleased to see Nairn making changes as I personally think its the "most overrated" course I have played. Granted that is only my opinion so please don't take it as gospel. Hopefully the changes will make me change my mind.

Ping G430 Max 9* - Accra shaft

Ping G430 5 & 7 Woods Kai'li White

Ping iCrossover 3 Kai'li White

Ping i525 5-U Recoils

Ping Glide 4.0 54/58

PXG Bat Attack

Β :smilie_ping:

i am a former member of Moray but no longer live there.

Β 

There is a 36 hole Open on the 25th May (which i will be going back up to play) which is only Β£32 for visitors to enter and you get to play both courses if your dates marry up.

Β 

Have you played in this before? i was thinking of playing this as well

Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 9*

Adams XTD Ti 3 wood 14.5*

Cobra SZ 17* hybrid

Adams DHY 21*

Cobra King forged TEC 2023 black 5-PW

Cobra snakebite Black wedges 50/54/58

Bettinardi BB39

Β 

Β 

Go on You Tube to iViewGolf and you can see a superimposed shot by shot on the entire course (Moray) and see the actual course in the process - it's pretty cool, IMO, for seeing the actual course, even if the shot thing isn't the most realistic, but who cares, it's pretty neat. Other courses as well, but not many.

Playing in the Boyd Anderson comp in May at Moray, booked it without ever playing there, looks a real nice course though

Cobra SZ 17* hybrid

Adams DHY 21*

Bettinardi BB39

Β 

Β 

Β 

There is a 36 hole Open on the 25th May (which i will be going back up to play) which is only Β£32 for visitors to enter and you get to play both courses if your dates marry up.

Β 

Β 

Yeah. Played it last year as a visitor. Would have played it years ago as a member but it was a while ago.

Β 

Its good, get to play both courses and for Β£32 its a bargain to be honest. Weather is usually decent in May as well.

Β 

Playing Opens instead of paying green fees is the way to go imo. A fraction of the cost and its competitive golf.

Β 

Decent prizes usually in the Boyd Anderson as well i think.

Β 

Β 

Β 

Yeah. Played it last year as a visitor. Would have played it years ago as a member but it was a while ago.

Β 

Its good, get to play both courses and for Β£32 its a bargain to be honest. Weather is usually decent in May as well.

Β 

Playing Opens instead of paying green fees is the way to go imo. A fraction of the cost and its competitive golf.

Β 

Β 

Staying at the Stotfield hotel, seemed to be the best bet when booking,

Β 

Im presuming its 36 holes in 1 day?

Cobra SZ 17* hybrid

Adams DHY 21*

Bettinardi BB39

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Yeah, 36 holes 1 day.

Β 

Stotfield is opposite the club house so you're about 100 yards from the Old Course first tee which is ideal.

Β 

Not sure if it is the same this year but last year the 10 and above handicaps were old course in the morning new course in the afternoon. 10 and below handicaps were the other way around.

Β 

New course is much tighter with smaller greens.

Β 

The par on the Old course is 71 with the standard scratch at 73. Last year in pretty benign conditions the Visitor Standard Scratch on the Old was possibly 75 so hang on in even if you think your score isn't great.

Β 

Not sure if i can make it now as i am playing in Ayrshire on the Sunday and logistically its a bit of a nightmare but i will hopefully make it work.

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Yeah, 36 holes 1 day.

Β 

Stotfield is opposite the club house so you're about 100 yards from the Old Course first tee which is ideal.

Β 

Not sure if it is the same this year but last year the 10 and above handicaps were old course in the morning new course in the afternoon. 10 and below handicaps were the other way around.

Β 

New course is much tighter with smaller greens.

Β 

The par on the Old course is 71 with the standard scratch at 73. Last year in pretty benign conditions the Visitor Standard Scratch on the Old was possibly 75 so hang on in even if you think your score isn't great.

Β 

Not sure if i can make it now as i am playing in Ayrshire on the Sunday and logistically its a bit of a nightmare but i will hopefully make it work.

Β 

Nice one :good:

Cobra SZ 17* hybrid

Adams DHY 21*

Bettinardi BB39

Β 

Β 

• 1 month later...

Yet another vote for Moray Old. It has a great deal more variation than Nairn, and (as I have just said on another thread) the last hole would be worth a visit by itself, even if the rest of the course wasn't a fantastic Tom Morris links.

• PING G400 Max 9* Tensei Orange 60 S
  • PING Anser 17 / 20* hybrids Graphite Design 85S
  • Miura PP-9003 Straight Neck 4-PW Nippon NS Pro 750 GH wrap tech
  • Miura 52, 56 K forged wedges / PING Eye 2 LW beryllium copper
  • Nordberg Halvdan custom / PING Cushin Scottsdale zip / PING Jim Wells Zing 5KS SN / PING Vault 2.0 Ketsch 380g, etc.

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

• 4 weeks later...

> @EmperorPenguin said:

> Hey, guys. I will be playing Nairn this June with friends, and our starting time is already booked. I am looking at the Nairn's website and all I see are a few pictures of a few holes undergoing some work. Will the renovations be finished by June?

Β 

I was there last Saturday and from my perspective, the work was done, but they had a lot of bunkers and other redone areas as GUR as everything grew in. The two (I think) greens they moved were definitely slower than the others. I would think that by June everything would be fine.

• 1 month later...

> @Superbrit said:

> jameshay wrote:

>

>

> Superbrit wrote:

>

>

> jameshay wrote:

>

>

>

> i am a former member of Moray but no longer live there.

>

>

>

> There is a 36 hole Open on the 25th May (which i will be going back up to play) which is only Β£32 for visitors to enter and you get to play both courses if your dates marry up.

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Have you played in this before? i was thinking of playing this as well

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Yeah. Played it last year as a visitor. Would have played it years ago as a member but it was a while ago.

>

>

>

> Its good, get to play both courses and for Β£32 its a bargain to be honest. Weather is usually decent in May as well.

>

>

>

> Playing Opens instead of paying green fees is the way to go imo. A fraction of the cost and its competitive golf.

>

>

>

> Decent prizes usually in the Boyd Anderson as well i think.

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Staying at the Stotfield hotel, seemed to be the best bet when booking,

>

>

>

> Im presuming its 36 holes in 1 day?

Β 

How did you get on?

> @jameshay said:

> > @Superbrit said:

> > jameshay wrote:

> >

> >

> > Superbrit wrote:

> >

> >

> > jameshay wrote:

> >

> >

> >

> > i am a former member of Moray but no longer live there.

> >

> >

> >

> > There is a 36 hole Open on the 25th May (which i will be going back up to play) which is only Β£32 for visitors to enter and you get to play both courses if your dates marry up.

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Have you played in this before? i was thinking of playing this as well

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Yeah. Played it last year as a visitor. Would have played it years ago as a member but it was a while ago.

> >

> >

> >

> > Its good, get to play both courses and for Β£32 its a bargain to be honest. Weather is usually decent in May as well.

> >

> >

> >

> > Playing Opens instead of paying green fees is the way to go imo. A fraction of the cost and its competitive golf.

> >

> >

> >

> > Decent prizes usually in the Boyd Anderson as well i think.

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Staying at the Stotfield hotel, seemed to be the best bet when booking,

> >

> >

> >

> > Im presuming its 36 holes in 1 day?

>

> How did you get on?

Β 

Not Great, 2 x 91's with about 6 lost balls, did have about 4 birdies though, and had a really good day.

never played the courses before so was a bit blind about where to hit off the Tee, and it took me a while to realise if you basically miss the fairway by only a few yards its basically lost because of the gorse.

will definitely do it again next year, and hit a lot more irons off the tee!

Β 

Cobra SZ 17* hybrid

Adams DHY 21*

Bettinardi BB39

Β 

Β 

> @Superbrit said:

> > @jameshay said:

> > > @Superbrit said:

> > > jameshay wrote:

> > >

> > >

> > > Superbrit wrote:

> > >

> > >

> > > jameshay wrote:

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > i am a former member of Moray but no longer live there.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > There is a 36 hole Open on the 25th May (which i will be going back up to play) which is only Β£32 for visitors to enter and you get to play both courses if your dates marry up.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > Have you played in this before? i was thinking of playing this as well

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > Yeah. Played it last year as a visitor. Would have played it years ago as a member but it was a while ago.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > Its good, get to play both courses and for Β£32 its a bargain to be honest. Weather is usually decent in May as well.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > Playing Opens instead of paying green fees is the way to go imo. A fraction of the cost and its competitive golf.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > Decent prizes usually in the Boyd Anderson as well i think.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > Staying at the Stotfield hotel, seemed to be the best bet when booking,

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > Im presuming its 36 holes in 1 day?

> >

> > How did you get on?

>

> Not Great, 2 x 91's with about 6 lost balls, did have about 4 birdies though, and had a really good day.

> never played the courses before so was a bit blind about where to hit off the Tee, and it took me a while to realise if you basically miss the fairway by only a few yards its basically lost because of the gorse.

> will definitely do it again next year, and hit a lot more irons off the tee!

>

Β 

I did the same last year, lost 6 balls on the Old course. Recovered a bit on the new.

Β 

Its a tough slog 36 holes in one day but i do enjoy it. I should hopefully make it up next year, and possibly this year to the one they have in September, similar format.

> @jameshay said:

> > @Superbrit said:

> > > @jameshay said:

> > > > @Superbrit said:

> > > > jameshay wrote:

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Superbrit wrote:

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > jameshay wrote:

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > i am a former member of Moray but no longer live there.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > There is a 36 hole Open on the 25th May (which i will be going back up to play) which is only Β£32 for visitors to enter and you get to play both courses if your dates marry up.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Have you played in this before? i was thinking of playing this as well

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Yeah. Played it last year as a visitor. Would have played it years ago as a member but it was a while ago.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Its good, get to play both courses and for Β£32 its a bargain to be honest. Weather is usually decent in May as well.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Playing Opens instead of paying green fees is the way to go imo. A fraction of the cost and its competitive golf.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Decent prizes usually in the Boyd Anderson as well i think.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Staying at the Stotfield hotel, seemed to be the best bet when booking,

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Im presuming its 36 holes in 1 day?

> > >

> > > How did you get on?

> >

> > Not Great, 2 x 91's with about 6 lost balls, did have about 4 birdies though, and had a really good day.

> > never played the courses before so was a bit blind about where to hit off the Tee, and it took me a while to realise if you basically miss the fairway by only a few yards its basically lost because of the gorse.

> > will definitely do it again next year, and hit a lot more irons off the tee!

> >

>

> I did the same last year, lost 6 balls on the Old course. Recovered a bit on the new.

>

> Its a tough slog 36 holes in one day but i do enjoy it. I should hopefully make it up next year, and possibly this year to the one they have in September, similar format.

Β 

Oh they have one in september?? dont be telling me that, its 400 miles away! lol

It seems Moray do quite a few opens in different formats, at only Β£550 a year membership they have to get money somehow i suppose, and have to say its rare to find such a friendly club thats as old as Moray, when you look at how old it is, the clubhouse etc i was expecting a bit of snobbery, but not a bit, can honestly say ive never been to such a friendly club

also Fairways are very burnt out at the moment, apparently they have had a bit of a drought, in northern scotland, who would have thought that!!

Cobra SZ 17* hybrid

Adams DHY 21*

Bettinardi BB39

Β 

Β