2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

New Mizuno BRD-4 Stand Bag - In depth review with pictures

> @tobybear said:

> If you are more a walker / carrier I would 100% use the 3 over the 4 just because of weight and size. I walk BUT use a push cart 80% of the time and because of that I never worry too much about the extra weight of the 4. Both are great bags

>

Pushcart about 100% for me. And just to make sure the PRO 4 way, not the BR-D4, right?

Ping G400 Max, 9.5, Tour 65 S Cobra AMP Cell 3+ (13) Taylormade RBZ 3HL (17) Wishon 775HS 3Hyb (21) - Modus 120X Mizuno JPX 919 Forged (5-G) - Modus 120X Mizuno S18 - 56 & 60 - Modus 120X Odyssey Sabertooth www.YourGolfHeadcovers.com

> @brianmontgomery2000 said:

> > @tobybear said:

> > If you are more a walker / carrier I would 100% use the 3 over the 4 just because of weight and size. I walk BUT use a push cart 80% of the time and because of that I never worry too much about the extra weight of the 4. Both are great bags

> >

> Pushcart about 100% for me. And just to make sure the PRO 4 way, not the BR-D4, right?

>

This is the one I have and love on my push cart BR-D4:

[https://mizunousa.com/product/golf-mizuno-br-d4-stand-bag.do?sortby=ourPicks&refType=&from=fn&selectedOption=100543&ecList=7&ecCategory=100362](https://www.mizunousa.com/product/golf-mizuno-br-d4-stand-bag.do?sortby=ourPicks&refType=&from=fn&selectedOption=100543&ecList=7&ecCategory=100362 "https://mizunousa.com/product/golf-mizuno-br-d4-stand-bag.do?sortby=ourPicks&refType=&from=fn&selectedOption=100543&ecList=7&ecCategory=100362")

> @tobybear said:

> > @brianmontgomery2000 said:

> > > @tobybear said:

> > > If you are more a walker / carrier I would 100% use the 3 over the 4 just because of weight and size. I walk BUT use a push cart 80% of the time and because of that I never worry too much about the extra weight of the 4. Both are great bags

> > >

> > Pushcart about 100% for me. And just to make sure the PRO 4 way, not the BR-D4, right?

> >

>

> This is the one I have and love on my push cart BR-D4:

> [https://mizunousa.com/product/golf-mizuno-br-d4-stand-bag.do?sortby=ourPicks&refType=&from=fn&selectedOption=100543&ecList=7&ecCategory=100362](https://www.mizunousa.com/product/golf-mizuno-br-d4-stand-bag.do?sortby=ourPicks&refType=&from=fn&selectedOption=100543&ecList=7&ecCategory=100362 "https://mizunousa.com/product/golf-mizuno-br-d4-stand-bag.do?sortby=ourPicks&refType=&from=fn&selectedOption=100543&ecList=7&ecCategory=100362")

OK...thank you!

Ping G400 Max, 9.5, Tour 65 S Cobra AMP Cell 3+ (13) Taylormade RBZ 3HL (17) Wishon 775HS 3Hyb (21) - Modus 120X Mizuno JPX 919 Forged (5-G) - Modus 120X Mizuno S18 - 56 & 60 - Modus 120X Odyssey Sabertooth www.YourGolfHeadcovers.com

• 3 months later...

just picked up the br-d3 for a songs amazon. so nice and compact feels like i have a little back pack on. very adjustable and comfortable strap system, plenty of space for rain gear or sweater pocket full length on right side along with valuable pouch(car keys wallet). left side water bottle and small pocket for snacks, tylenol tape etc. front ball compartment is decent size. i put 6 balls, rangefinder, tees, pitch mark tool,ball marker, and the little groover brush that goes in your pocket with room to spare (leave that stuff in a ziplock and put what i need in my pocket prior to tee off) if you walk a lot this bag will do great for you. like someone else stated big top divider for putter and woods atleast that’s how i used it, and then 4 for irons, wedges.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Just ordered my 3rd BRD4. I walk 150+ rds a year and my course is 34 flights. I destroy bags, and this bag is by no means durable. The fabric tethers after 70 or so rds. - particularly the fabric around the back padding. I think I am going to overlay some tough microfiber over this portion before I begin using my new bag this winter. I’ve also retrofit the straps from an old H2NO bag on both of the BRD4 bags I’ve used. The thicker straps of the Sun Mountain bag are much better than the Mizuno straps on this bag. The final durability issue of note is the fabric set through the full-length dividers. It will eventually blow-out after enough use.

Aside from the fabric durability and suboptimal straps, the 2018 BRD4 is my favorite bag ever. From the top - the three handles(top edge and both sides) are perfectly designed. I retrofit these to hold towels and a Bluetooth speaker - no current or prior carry bag has come close to hitting the perfect note of these handles. The handles are also placed perfectly for attaching the Rain Wedge I use in place of the snap-on rain hood. The spacing of the dividers is perfect for 14 clubs/5 headcovers. The pockets are all at least adequate for my needs. Most notable is the magnetic pouch - I won’t ever be happy with another bag unless there is a magnetic pocket to keep my laser. Absolutely a must-have. Lastly - and best of all - is the stand assembly. This design is so superior to the standard y-spring design. For a bag-destroyer, saggy/irreparable y-springs are the most frustrating design flaw on the majority of stand bags. Simply tensioning-up the plastic slide/clip to tighten-up the legs is pure damn genius.

I am already sad, thinking about having to cycle through different bags when this gem disappears for good.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have the 6 way of the same bag. Like it. It fits well on my 4-wheel caddy tek push cart without a problem. Has a magnetic pocket for quick access to either tees or balls. It won’t be the lightest bag on the market but I don’t carry on the course. On the range I use an slightly lighter older Mizuno bag.

I guess my only complaint would be it is not full dividers for the 6 way. It is full length for the putter well, and the remaining 5 are divided as 2(split by a half way partition)/2 (split by a half way partition)/1. But even then I don’t find much tangling.

also it doesn’t have the advance feature that are showing up in newer bags w the tunnel for the cart strap. But not really a biggie, i made some covers for those straps so they won’t touch my bag directly.

but definitely looks are tops. Overall I still like the bag. But then again I like Mizuno stuff.

besides the obvious in design and styling.

the BDR I think is a thinner fabric type that doesn’t hold its form as much versus the pro cart is a thicker fabric that doesn’t lose shape and some areas are a pseudo leather like material.

i liked the pro cart looks way better than the BDR...pro cart is liking having a mini staff bag (not a den caddy)

Just got this bag and wanted to drop in a few comments. First of all, if I were not playing Mizuno clubs, I may have missed this one and it would have been a shame. As a long time Hoofer user, its tough to find a bag that hits all the right things I like. At the same time, the Hoofer has always had issues I hated such as club tangle and top arrangement. I got the 6 way top which gives the putter well and that basically solves any complaints I had against the Hoofer top. Also there is little to no club tangle with this bag. I am not sure how they did it but it just works. As for the build itself, this is a very sturdy bag. Fabric is great, zippers are good but maybe not elite level, no leg droop, and weight is good. I love the Hoofer style bottom with no leg lever as it allows it to go on a cart easily. I put it on a scale and it weighed 5.8lbs with rain hood inside. Pocket arrangement and storage are where its at with this bag. Many pockets with pockets inside pockets with the magnetic pocket that works great for a range finder or valuables. It has velcro just in the right spot for gloves too. My only issue with this bag is the straps. These straps are very padded and very comfortable. My issue is the balance. They seem to just pull the bag a bit at the wrong angle against my back and its not comfortable. The Hoofer is just the best in the business at getting this right. I've adjusted them multiple times and can't find the perfect spot yet. I have only carried with it 2 times so I will continue to work to find the right solve but for now, I am 90% there on getting them right. Also the clip attachment on one of the straps squeaks a bit as I walk which is annoying.

Overall, this is a great bag. I compared it to quite a few before settling on it. The Titleist Players 4+ was in the running and this was better by miles on straps, top arrangement and leg droop. I have always liked Sun Mtn but this won me over with the magnetic pocket, leg mechanism and pockets. I discussed the Hoofer at length above. Ogio had nothing for it. The TM Flex was close but the top wasn't as good. Hope this helps some out there looking at the bag.

Did you get the new version? I did and mine came today. No Cart Strap channel despite it being listed in the description on the website

PING G430 LST 9* Tour AD DI 6X

Mizuno ST-G 15* Tour AD DI 7X

Titleist TSR2 18* Tour AD DI 85X

Mizuno MP20 HMB 2 Tour AD 95X

Mizuno MP20 HMB 4 Tour AD 95X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5-PW Oban CT115X(-)

Titleist Vokey SM7 52F - 58D

Mizuno M Craft II

Titleist ProV1

Good observation. Never noticed that it was supposed to have one. Mine is the newest version. After looking at the OP pics, the way the straps are attached to the bag are different too. I finally got mine adjusted fairly well and I am satisfied. I would say they are 98% as good as a Hoofer. Put a touch of oil on the clip and it stopped squeaking too. I really like this bag for storage and club arrangement. I hope it holds up well.

• 7 months later...
On 2/8/2020 at 6:25 PM, jlukes said:

Did you get the new version? I did and mine came today. No Cart Strap channel despite it being listed in the description on the website

I know this is an old thread/post but this is what I found today. I was looking at the BRD4 14-way at PGA SS and could not for the life of me find a cart strap pass through. I checked the website thinking maybe it wasn’t listed but sure enough - it says there is one.

But unless there is some weird, non-obvious opening there isn’t a cart strap pass through on the BRD4 models. 

9 hours ago, NativeTxn said:

I know this is an old thread/post but this is what I found today. I was looking at the BRD4 14-way at PGA SS and could not for the life of me find a cart strap pass through. I checked the website thinking maybe it wasn’t listed but sure enough - it says there is one.

But unless there is some weird, non-obvious opening there isn’t a cart strap pass through on the BRD4 models. 

Nope no pass through. I emailed mizuno shortly after my post and they confirmed that it was removed from the 2020 version of the bag and they had simply forgot to remove the description from their website 

• Like 1

Mizuno M Craft II

Titleist ProV1

4 hours ago, jlukes said:

Nope no pass through. I emailed mizuno shortly after my post and they confirmed that it was removed from the 2020 version of the bag and they had simply forgot to remove the description from their website 

That's too bad. If they had a cart strap pass through, I would have already purchased that bag, possibly in the 6-way, but still. Not sure how big a of deal it is since you can always run it through the handle, but still curious as to why they'd remove it.

2 hours ago, NativeTxn said:

That's too bad. If they had a cart strap pass through, I would have already purchased that bag, possibly in the 6-way, but still. Not sure how big a of deal it is since you can always run it through the handle, but still curious as to why they'd remove it.

I still ended up purchased it and love it.  Works great on my Clic Gear and riding carts

Mizuno M Craft II

Titleist ProV1

2 hours ago, jlukes said:

I still ended up purchased it and love it.  Works great on my Clic Gear and riding carts

Did you go with the 6-way or 14-way? If you have the 6 way, are the dividers full length between all the 6 compartments? Or are there some where there is still some pass through between the compartments?

1 hour ago, NativeTxn said:

Did you go with the 6-way or 14-way? If you have the 6 way, are the dividers full length between all the 6 compartments? Or are there some where there is still some pass through between the compartments?

6 way and there’s some pass through 

• Like 1

Mizuno M Craft II

Titleist ProV1

1 hour ago, NativeTxn said:

Do you have much issue with club tangle where there is some pass through?

Every once in awhile I have to finagle a wedge to get it all the way back in but most of the time it’s fine

Mizuno M Craft II

Titleist ProV1