March Madness - 2019 NCAA Basketball Tournament Discussion

Mych

Carolina is #1 in the Midwest! Tough region, though with Kentucky, Houston and Kansas the 2,3,4.

And 3 ACC teams get #1 seeds.

EDIT: Oh, and the Midwest regional final is in Kansas City. Facing Kansas there would be no fun.

The talking heads don’t think they’ll make it there. In fact there was talk of them not getting out if the first round.

Kentucky-NC? What a trackmeet that would be!

Carolina is #1 in the Midwest! Tough region, though with Kentucky, Houston and Kansas the 2,3,4.

And 3 ACC teams get #1 seeds.

EDIT: Oh, and the Midwest regional final is in Kansas City. Facing Kansas there would be no fun.

The talking heads don’t think they’ll make it there. In fact there was talk of them not getting out if the first round.

Kentucky-NC? What a trackmeet that would be!

Kansas is garbage this year. Their two best players are hurt/ineligible.

How does Michigan get a "higher" two seed than Michigan St?

I guess technically they didn't. Mich is the #8 but gets in the bracket with the #4, while MSU is the #6 but draws the overall #1.

They compensated by giving the West a tougher 3 and 4 and the East an easier 3 and 4. The final regional totals were 32,34,34 and 36.

bracket notes

EAST

#1 Duke vs. possibly NC Central (both schools are in Durham, NC) The NC Central coach said after the conference tournament win that he didn't want ANY part of Duke and Zion.

San Jose will have one session with Virginia Tech, St.Louis, Mississippi St and Liberty. Good luck with the ticket sales there.

Louisville vs. Rick Pitino's son and Minnesota... AWKWARD

Louisville and Michigan St will go to Des Moines to play lower seeds that are much closer in Minnesota and Bradley.

SOUTH

I assume Virginia will get a little farther this year.

A wounded Kansas St. and Wisconsin head to the west coast to play UC Irvine and a suddenly hot Oregon team, hmmmmmmmmmm

Purdue gets to go to Hartford and hopes to not see a throng of Villanova fans on the weekend

Tennessee gets the shortest trips Columbus/ Louisville, but has to possibly play an underseeded Cincinnati in Columbus OUCH

MIDWEST

North Carolina was shut out of the South Carolina sites so they shipped them to Columbus?

If Kansas reaches the Sweet 16 they get to play in their home away from home, Kansas City. As a 4 seed

No problem selling tickets in Jacksonville with Kentucky coming

WEST

Florida St was hoping to go to Jacksonville, they wind up in Hartford playing a nearby Vermont team

A lot of people calling this region easy and "lacking sizzle" probably because Texas Tech and Florida St aren't traditional powers and Buffalo and Nevada are mostly unknown.

This new layout is blinding me, but I'm glad to finally be able to get back here and talk some basketball. I think Virginia got the easiest bracket possible. Tennessee is a threat, but there should really are no excuses for Virginia not making a run to at least the sweet 16 or elite 8.

I think Florida State and Virginia Tech have roads that should make them fairly confident. Virginia Tech would have to beat Duke, but they can at least convince themselves that if they find a way to limit Zion, they've already beat the rest of the team.

I'm starting to feel a little bit of a scratchy throat... I'm not sure I'll be able to work past noon tomorrow.

"Of all the hazards, fear is the worst" - Sam Snead
WITB: PXG 0311 ~ Ping Anser 4w @16.5 ~ Cobra F6 Baffler @18.5 ~ Titleist T300 4-P ~ Titleist Vokey 48, 54, 58 ~ Cleveland HB 8

It's already Wednesday! Let's get some entries going...

ESPN Tournament Challenge - WRX Come join the "WRX" group in ESPN Tournament Challenge and see if your bracket beats the rest. #bracket http://fantasy.espn.com/tournament-challenge-bracket/2019/en/sharer?redirect=tcmen%3A%2F%2Fx-callback-url%2FshowGroup%3FgroupID%3D2972589

1puttTUT said:
ESPN Tournament Challenge - WRX

Come join the "WRX" group in ESPN Tournament Challenge and see if your bracket beats the rest. #bracket http://fantasy.espn.com/tournament-challenge-bracket/2019/en/sharer?redirect=tcmen://x-callback-url/showGroup?groupID=2972589

PW is wrx2019

This may be worthy of a separate thread to get the numbers up... 

WITB: PXG 0311 ~ Ping Anser 4w @16.5 ~ Cobra F6 Baffler @18.5 ~ Titleist T300 4-P ~ Titleist Vokey 48, 54, 58 ~ Cleveland HB 8

I've got my work iPad next to me at my desk and I'll be watching until I go home

WITB

Titleist TSi2 9º w/ Ventus Blue 7-TX

Callaway Apex UW 17º w/ Hazardous Smoke

Callaway Apex UW 21º w/ Hazardous Smoke

Srixon U85 w/ UST Recoil 95

6-43º Titleist T400 w/ DG AMT Red

48º Vokey SM6, 54º Vokey SM8 Raw, 60º SM9 Raw

Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport Masterful Tourtype SSS CT A048277

OOOOOOOkay, Ja morant is clearly a top 3 pick, and may go #2 ahead of RJ Barrett. he could have a 25" vertical and still be a 1st rounder. Add a 40+ and hes looking at a nice NBA career, at worst. Better passer than Dennis Smith Jr is even right now(the last lottery combo guard with ups i can think of).

PS i think they lose to FSU. team is too long. Will be must see TV though.

Callaway

Morant will go #2 i'd bet. I don't really think thats a bold prediction. NBA scouts love raw athletic ability, which is why Luka Doncic dropped to 3rd (remember hearing how fat and out of shape he was? ....oops) . RJ Barrett is not a super athlete or a super shooter. This is the type of player the NBA really struggles with scouting. It reminds me a bit of Jason Tatum, who was as low as 7th on many draft boards, again because he wasn't a raw athlete or a super shooter. NBA teams will always take an athlete because they believe they can teach him things, rather than an instinctive guy, because they worry it won't translate in the NBA

I'd bet RJ has a great NBA career, but he'll be picked apart more than anyone before the draft. He may even fall to 4th or 5th. Smarky "experts" have even suggested Reddish should go ahead of him because you "know where he fits" at the NBA level. 

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Morant is a beast. Affects so many parts of the game. If he can show the discipline to figure out which skill to prioritize on a given night, he could be an all star caliber guard. 

Saturday was the most boring day tournament games I can remember, but Sunday made up for it. The UCF vs Duke game was pretty fun to watch.

This is exactly the tournament I've been waiting for for years... Sweet 16 is 4 1-seeds, 4 2-seeds, 4 3-seeds, 2 4-seeds, 1 5-seed, and a talented 12 seed. A who's who of coaches -- Coach K, Roy Williams, Calipari, Izzo, Rick Barnes, Tony Bennett, Bruce Pearl, and the list goes on. Whoever survives this tournament will have earned their money.

Go Hoos!

• Like 1

It’s amazing to me the differences in “apparent” quality of the crews. I put apparent in quotes because it’s that way to me. I thought the crew that did the Duke-UCF game was horrible. Both ways (Duke fan by the way so not crying about the last plays like many are). I wish I could remeber which game I was watching earlier that I thought the crew was so good. They refrained from blowing the whistle on every little touch, and didn’t immediately call a charge evertime a defender fell down (college ball is flopping at epic NBA levels right now). They called stuff that relevant to the game. Man I wish I could remeber which one...so many games!

Can't wait for tomorrow's games. Hoping that Virginia can handle business and get their go-to players back on track. I need the clock to start moving faster.

He just panicked and rushed it, easy to forget these guys are 18-19 years old and most will never play pro basketball.

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

> @"deadsolid...shank" said:

> > @"deadsolid...shank" said:

> > I think for Duke, Zion and JR are weak free throw shooters. I think it’s going to cost them a game.

>

> ****!

>

>

I swear to god. When RJ got fouled with 6.6 seconds left, the fist thing that came to mind was "Deadsolidshank"! I'm a die hard Dukie so that was hard to watch. How does Zion not get a shot up in the last 1:45 in the game. Dare I say Izzo out coached K?

> @CHuntsman said:th

> > @"deadsolid...shank" said:

> > > @"deadsolid...shank" said:

> > > I think for Duke, Zion and JR are weak free throw shooters. I think it’s going to cost them a game.

> >

> > ****!

> >

> >

>

> I swear to god. When RJ got fouled with 6.6 seconds left, the fist thing that came to mind was "Deadsolidshank"! I'm a die hard Dukie so that was hard to watch. How does Zion not get a shot up in the last 1:45 in the game. Dare I say Izzo out coached K?

This is blasphemous to say, but I don’t think it’s the first time it’s happened lately. For the life of me I cannot understand how he doesn’t have Zion on the block, with the ball at least going through him, every single possession down the stretch. He uncoverable one on one, and smart enough to recognize the double team and make the appropriate pass. But the ball HAS to go through him.

I think Duke has come to rely too much on their blue chippers. They need someone who will do the little things like box out on the defensive end, and maybe once in a while, rotate and provide a little defensive help.

> @"deadsolid...shank" said:

> > @CHuntsman said:th

> > > @"deadsolid...shank" said:

> > > > @"deadsolid...shank" said:

> > > > I think for Duke, Zion and JR are weak free throw shooters. I think it’s going to cost them a game.

> > >

> > > ****!

> > >

> > >

> >

> > I swear to god. When RJ got fouled with 6.6 seconds left, the fist thing that came to mind was "Deadsolidshank"! I'm a die hard Dukie so that was hard to watch. How does Zion not get a shot up in the last 1:45 in the game. Dare I say Izzo out coached K?

>

> This is blasphemous to say, but I don’t think it’s the first time it’s happened lately. For the life of me I cannot understand how he doesn’t have Zion on the block, with the ball at least going through him, every single possession down the stretch. He uncoverable one on one, and smart enough to recognize the double team and make the appropriate pass. But the ball HAS to go through him.

> I think Duke has come to rely too much on their blue chippers. They need someone who will do the little things like box out on the defensive end, and maybe once in a while, rotate and provide a little defensive help.

>

I texted my father the same thing. Why isn't he getting the ball on the block every possession or him and RJ running a little 2-man game. It seems when he was getting the ball he was at least 15-20' away from the basket. Agree on the chippers. The is one of the worst shooting teams I can remember. Give me 5 or 6 guys who stay 3-4 years rather than a few 1 and done studs. Reddish NBA stock had to drop a bit. He didn't have a good tourney. Some of those dudes from MSU looked 35!