Colorado WRX 2019

pseudoswede

Proud double-badger...

But really just pumped to start the Men's league season. Moved down to Highlands Ranch and joined the South Suburban Men's Club. Will miss CommonGround, but just happy to tee it up!

I've heard good and bad things about their Men's Club. Please let us know how you like it after the season.

(And not sure if you've been keeping up with last year's thread, but I'm at South Suburban almost every Thursday night for my beer league if you're around.)

Live in Colorado? Visit Colorado WRX!

Ping G410 LST 9° Ventus Black 7X

Callaway Apex Pro 2H 18° MMT 80 HB XS
Ping S55 3-PW DG X100 (orange dot)
Ping Glide 52°, 56° (orange dot)

Titleist Vokey SM2 Red Saw 60° (to be retired)

Ping Glide 4.0 60° (orange dot) (soon)
Odyssey Works Big T V-Line CS 33.5"
Front Range Golf Club (frgclub.com)

Anybody want to play Common Ground on Saturday?  I just looked and snagged an open foursome at 10:20. If anyone’s interested in joining let me know here so I can adjust the count appropriately. 

Darn I would have come down and played but we’re off the Jurassic Quest at rhe Civic Center. But watching the little guy will probably make it worth missing golf!

Putting in a good word for Four Mile Ranch again. Had a great day out there last Sunday playing 36 holes. Either accidentally or on purpose teeoff had opened up all the Sunday morning tee times to their coupons on Friday morning so I only paid $37 for 18 holes in the morning with cart and then only $15 to replay.

• Like 1

Looks like we're playing Raccoon Creek tomorrow - never played it before. Hope rain stays away!

• Like 1
Mizuno JPX900 EvoIII S (weights center channel port 1 & 2)
Mizuno GT190 Atmos Blue 6S
Mizuno CLK 19* Speeder EVO HB S
Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5-G KBS Tour
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4
Balls : 2017 ProV1x / KSig / Vice Pro+

Man, it sure feels good to be back in golf season. First round for me in nearly 3 months.

Started of reaaaaallly rusty. Doubled 1, 2, 3, 4. Bogeyed 5,6,7. Took 8 holes to finally make par. Turned in a pretty atrocious 48, but started to feel more comfortable on back. Shot 40 on the back with tougher conditions. The wind picked up quite a bit around hole 13. 15-18 played really hard. Really happy with my 40 on that side.

Pace today was great. Exactly 4 hours. Group in front of us was on the green every time we were on a tee box. Group behind us was on the tee box every time we made it to a green. Never waited on a single shot, and never felt pressure from behind. All golf weekends should be like that.

All in all, really glad to be back out there. This winter sure was brutal. Hope you all played well, if you made it out. Happy Spring.

• Like 1

> @Gmcourtney said:

> Man, it sure feels good to be back in golf season. First round for me in nearly 3 months.

>

> Started of reaaaaallly rusty. Doubled 1, 2, 3, 4. Bogeyed 5,6,7. Took 8 holes to finally make par. Turned in a pretty atrocious 48, but started to feel more comfortable on back. Shot 40 on the back with tougher conditions. The wind picked up quite a bit around hole 13. 15-18 played really hard. Really happy with my 40 on that side.

>

> Pace today was great. Exactly 4 hours. Group in front of us was on the green every time we were on a tee box. Group behind us was on the tee box every time we made it to a green. Never waited on a single shot, and never felt pressure from behind. All golf weekends should be like that.

>

> All in all, really glad to be back out there. This winter sure was brutal. Hope you all played well, if you made it out. Happy Spring.

NIce. Glad it went well. The greens still a little rough out there? Played it a week plus ago and they needed some TLC.

_*Still not a fan of this new format......._

> @ajsmith227 said:

> Proud double-badger...

> But really just pumped to start the Men's league season. Moved down to Highlands Ranch and joined the South Suburban Men's Club. Will miss CommonGround, but just happy to tee it up!

I’m also curious how you like the burb men’s league. I’ve heard that there can be some unnecessary drama there at times, but I’ve also heard they have some pretty fun events as well. Although I can’t believe what they are charging for that course in its current condition. Played there Saturday and was less than impressed with it. But it’s March, I wasn’t expecting much, just charge a fair price to match.

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=1] [/size][/font]

> @pseudoswede said:

> ajsmith227 said:

>

>

> Proud double-badger...

> But really just pumped to start the Men's league season. Moved down to Highlands Ranch and joined the South Suburban Men's Club. Will miss CommonGround, but just happy to tee it up!

>

>

>

>

> I've heard good and bad things about their Men's Club. Please let us know how you like it after the season.

>

> (And not sure if you've been keeping up with last year's thread, but I'm at South Suburban almost every Thursday night for my beer league if you're around.)

> @"seven dewey" said:

> > @ajsmith227 said:

> > Proud double-badger...

> > But really just pumped to start the Men's league season. Moved down to Highlands Ranch and joined the South Suburban Men's Club. Will miss CommonGround, but just happy to tee it up!

>

> I’m also curious how you like the burb men’s league. I’ve heard that there can be some unnecessary drama there at times, but I’ve also heard they have some pretty fun events as well. Although I can’t believe what they are charging for that course in its current condition. Played there Saturday and was less than impressed with it. But it’s March, I wasn’t expecting much, just charge a fair price to match.

One tournament in...so far so good. Less than two weeks post bomb cyclone is a bit tough to judge the course conditions on...the green were a bit furry/bumpy. I am disappointed new members cannot play in Match Play their first year. Will continue to update.

Callaway Epic Flash 9* 
Callaway Epic 3W 15*
Titleist 818 H1 19* 
Mizuno MP18 MMC Fli-Hi 4-iron 2* flat KBS C-Taper Lite Stiff
Srixon Z785 5-P 2*flat KBS Tour Stiff 1/4inch short
50 SM7 F Grind 2*flat KBS Tour Stiff
54, 58 SM7 M Grind  2*flat KBS Tour Stiff
Scotty Studio Select Laguna 2 33' 2*flat

> @ajsmith227 said:

> > @pseudoswede said:

> > ajsmith227 said:

> >

> >

> > But really just pumped to start the Men's league season. Moved down to Highlands Ranch and joined the South Suburban Men's Club. Will miss CommonGround, but just happy to tee it up!

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > I've heard good and bad things about their Men's Club. Please let us know how you like it after the season.

> >

> > (And not sure if you've been keeping up with last year's thread, but I'm at South Suburban almost every Thursday night for my beer league if you're around.)

>

>

>

> > @"seven dewey" said:

> > > @ajsmith227 said:

> > > Proud double-badger...

> > > But really just pumped to start the Men's league season. Moved down to Highlands Ranch and joined the South Suburban Men's Club. Will miss CommonGround, but just happy to tee it up!

> >

> > I’m also curious how you like the burb men’s league. I’ve heard that there can be some unnecessary drama there at times, but I’ve also heard they have some pretty fun events as well. Although I can’t believe what they are charging for that course in its current condition. Played there Saturday and was less than impressed with it. But it’s March, I wasn’t expecting much, just charge a fair price to match.

>

> One tournament in...so far so good. Less than two weeks post bomb cyclone is a bit tough to judge the course conditions on...the green were a bit furry/bumpy. I am disappointed new members cannot play in Match Play their first year. Will continue to update.

Would be interested in hearing the thought behind not allowing new members to play the Match Play. Just curious - no trying to cause trouble :smile:

Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4

Anyone have a recommendation for getting my irons bent in Colorado Springs? World Golf is the only place I know of, but I no longer will go there. You would think a city of half a million people would have a few repair shops.

COBRA BIO CELL+ (9.5*)-MATRIX 8Q3 STIFF
TITLEIST 585H (21*)-TTDG S300
COBRA FLY Z PRO (5-PW)-TTDG S300
TAYLOR MADE TP Z (56*)-TTDG S300
BETTINARDI BABY BEN -33"

> @CDM said:

> HAHAHA so I just noticed that if you make a POST.... it has a timer to EDIT that post.   Gives one hour it appears.

> THATS JUST GREAT... Make a smart **** commment like we all do joking around on here and 10 years from now it comes back to haunt us all  LOL

>

> EDIT: So down to 57 minutes LOL  BUT I just noticed at the top of the thread WRX posted in some pinkish box with text...

> ".............Please have patience. We understand that this sucks and it will get MUCH better.........."  Funny thing is "better" is in the eye of the beholder....  =)

Looks like they removed the time limit. Now we can cover our tracks for when we run for office. :lol:

> @ajsmith227 said:

> > @pseudoswede said:

> > ajsmith227 said:

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > I've heard good and bad things about their Men's Club. Please let us know how you like it after the season.

> >

> > (And not sure if you've been keeping up with last year's thread, but I'm at South Suburban almost every Thursday night for my beer league if you're around.)

>

>

>

> > @"seven dewey" said:

> > > @ajsmith227 said:

> > > Proud double-badger...

> > > But really just pumped to start the Men's league season. Moved down to Highlands Ranch and joined the South Suburban Men's Club. Will miss CommonGround, but just happy to tee it up!

> >

> > I’m also curious how you like the burb men’s league. I’ve heard that there can be some unnecessary drama there at times, but I’ve also heard they have some pretty fun events as well. Although I can’t believe what they are charging for that course in its current condition. Played there Saturday and was less than impressed with it. But it’s March, I wasn’t expecting much, just charge a fair price to match.

>

> One tournament in...so far so good. Less than two weeks post bomb cyclone is a bit tough to judge the course conditions on...the green were a bit furry/bumpy. I am disappointed new members cannot play in Match Play their first year. Will continue to update.

I have a tee time there for tomorrow afternoon. I’ve never played there but have read several things here about the greens. A big part of the reason for wanting to play there. Maybe I should wait a bit if the greens aren’t near their best?

> @"deadsolid...shank" said:

> I have a tee time there for tomorrow afternoon. I’ve never played there but have read several things here about the greens. A big part of the reason for wanting to play there. Maybe I should wait a bit if the greens aren’t near their best?

I personally like the layout of the course, and the greens are just part of the fun. If you're visiting your son on a Thursday, come on out one evening in June to play nine with my beer league. The greens should be in true form by then.

Got out for the first round of the year Sunday out at South Suburban. Thanks to those jerks in Men’s club :lol:, our tee time was delayed for 30 minutes. Kidding aside, I am interested in hearing your guys thoughts on their club though since the course is less than 5 minutes from my house.

It was an interesting start for me. First hole, had a great drive in the middle of the fairway 30-40yds out, which I then somehow proceeded to skull over the green. Fortunately I found it, but a terrible lie. Chipped over the green, chipped up, 2-putt for double. Not the way I wanted to start. Next hole, another great drive, went for the green in two, came up just short, got a bit unlucky on the chip, but still par’d the hole. Back on track! Hole 3, topped my tee shot, hit the curb of the cart path, shot straight up and I think I bird must have snagged it mid-air cause I have no idea where the hell it went lol. Re-tee’d (sigh), then proceeded to top it again, but this time I could find it, and managed a triple. Ugh, 5 over through 3.

At the end of the day, I shot an 83 with a double and 2 triples, so I certainly can’t complain after not swinging a club for over 4 months. Let’s be honest, I can’t complain with an 83, period lol! I carded 12 pars all day (which may be a personal best for me), and had 3 birdie chances within 5 ft that of course I missed lol. I played quite well aside from those three holes. Putting was decent, but had no 1-putts. My one 3-putt of course came on the dreaded 12th hole where I put it on the green exactly where I said not to!

Fun times, and it felt great to get back on the course. Hopefully the weather starts to cooperate more often. Next weekend isn’t looking promising, but hopefully that’s one of our last snows of the year.

• Like 2

Cobra LTDx LS - Oban Kiyoshi HB-65
Cobra F8 4w - Tour AD IZ-7s
Cobra 4h - SmacWrap 780 ES x
Cobra Forged Tec Black - AMT x100
Titleist Vokey 50/54/58 SM9
Edel E-1

> @pseudoswede said:

> > @"deadsolid...shank" said:

> > I have a tee time there for tomorrow afternoon. I’ve never played there but have read several things here about the greens. A big part of the reason for wanting to play there. Maybe I should wait a bit if the greens aren’t near their best?

>

> I personally like the layout of the course, and the greens are just part of the fun. If you're visiting your son on a Thursday, come on out one evening in June to play nine with my beer league. The greens should be in true form by then.

I’ll definitely remember and do that Pseudo. It looks like I might have to cancel tomorrow’s round anyway. I’m going down to babysit for the evening (kids goy comped Avalanche box seats, told them they couldn’t pass it up) and have to be in Highlands Ranch by 6:30 at the latest. Don’t think the 2:09 tee time will allow that to happen. They were booked solid prior to then.

• Like 1

Played highlands ranch saturday morning. Course was actually in pretty good shape. I'm always impressed. Pace of play was awful like usual. My golf game was also weird like usual. Started off 7 over through five where I just picked up on two holes. Played 2 under the next 7 holes and ended up around 80 or something. Just gross.

Callaway Mavrik Subzero 10.5 Graphite Design ADDI 7XX
Srixon U85 2,3,4 Nippon NSPro 1050s
Srixon 785 5-PW Nippon NSPro 1050s
Cleveland RTX-4 Tour Raw 50,55,61 Nippon NSPro 1050s
Scotty Cameron Futura 5W 34.5

I was going to say 6:30pm is a bit ambitious to make it to an Avs game from HR, then I just saw that puck drop is at 8pm.

> @thaar said:

> Got out for the first round of the year Sunday out at South Suburban. Thanks to those jerks in Men’s club :lol:, our tee time was delayed for 30 minutes. Kidding aside, I am interested in hearing your guys thoughts on their club though since the course is less than 5 minutes from my house.

>

> It was an interesting start for me. First hole, had a great drive in the middle of the fairway 30-40yds out, which I then somehow proceeded to skull over the green. Fortunately I found it, but a terrible lie. Chipped over the green, chipped up, 2-putt for double. Not the way I wanted to start. Next hole, another great drive, went for the green in two, came up just short, got a bit unlucky on the chip, but still par’d the hole. Back on track! Hole 3, topped my tee shot, hit the curb of the cart path, shot straight up and I think I bird must have snagged it mid-air cause I have no idea where the **** it went lol. Re-tee’d (sigh), then proceeded to top it again, but this time I could find it, and managed a triple. Ugh, 5 over through 3.

>

> At the end of the day, I shot an 83 with a double and 2 triples, so I certainly can’t complain after not swinging a club for over 4 months. Let’s be honest, I can’t complain with an 83, period lol! I carded 12 pars all day (which may be a personal best for me), and had 3 birdie chances within 5 ft that of course I missed lol. I played quite well aside from those three holes. Putting was decent, but had no 1-putts. My one 3-putt of course came on the dreaded 12th hole where I put it on the green exactly where I said not to!

>

> Fun times, and it felt great to get back on the course. Hopefully the weather starts to cooperate more often. Next weekend isn’t looking promising, but hopefully that’s one of our last snows of the year.

>

I like South Suburban. Obviously it is known for its greens. I feel like your short game would improve quite a bit there but your long game could suffer as it is on the shorter side.

On another note: I avoided the site during construction and get back on here today, and now it feels a little bit too much like Facebook. What are your thoughts on the new platform?

You're definitely right on it being on the shorter side, but that suits my game :)

I did snap the head of my 8i warming up too. It was a pretty good shot too lol. The damn thing probably flew 80yds, so I had to do the walk of shame on a completely packed range :lol: Fortunately, I only wanted to use it for one shot during my round and it was on my second shot of the par 5, so it was inconsequential.

Still not sure what to think of the new layout of the site. I have been absent from here until today, so it was a bit of a surprise! I need to better understand what functionality they're going to include with the revision. I'm cautiously optimistic!

• Like 1

Cobra LTDx LS - Oban Kiyoshi HB-65
Cobra F8 4w - Tour AD IZ-7s
Cobra 4h - SmacWrap 780 ES x
Cobra Forged Tec Black - AMT x100
Titleist Vokey 50/54/58 SM9
Edel E-1

> @irvtrain said:

> On another note: I avoided the site during construction and get back on here today, and now it feels a little bit too much like Facebook. What are your thoughts on the new platform?

It's definitely a work in progress. It's the only real golf forum to communicate with Colorado golfers, so I'm stuck here.

• Like 1

The rust was _strong_ on Sunday, that's for sure. I hadn't hit a golf ball outside of D'Lance for nearly 5 months. I started off with a double, then triple. Was +6 through 3 holes. The Trackman wasn't lying, I legit cannot hit a ball off a tee box to save my life. I was topping/duffing everything with my driver & 3 wood. I've never experienced this in my life, and it was more baffling than anything else. My driver went: 50 yards, 162 yards, 291 yards, 261 yards, 214 yards. My 3-woods off the tee were: 87 yards, 218 yards, 90 yards.

Fortunately, I was hitting a lot of GIRs and saving some putts. Ended up shooting 44/39. Given my struggle off the tee, I'm 100% okay with that. Was my first round sporting my new Vans golf shoes!

![](https://i.imgur.com/hZ16Gh6.jpg "")

• Like 2

> @jacobEDGE said:

> The rust was _strong_ on Sunday, that's for sure. I hadn't hit a golf ball outside of D'Lance for nearly 5 months. I started off with a double, then triple. Was +6 through 3 holes. The Trackman wasn't lying, I legit cannot hit a ball off a tee box to save my life. I was topping/duffing everything with my driver & 3 wood. I've never experienced this in my life, and it was more baffling than anything else. My driver went: 50 yards, 162 yards, 291 yards, 261 yards, 214 yards. My 3-woods off the tee were: 87 yards, 218 yards, 90 yards.

>

> Fortunately, I was hitting a lot of GIRs and saving some putts. Ended up shooting 44/39. Given my struggle off the tee, I'm 100% okay with that. Was my first round sporting my new Vans golf shoes!

>

> ![](https://i.imgur.com/hZ16Gh6.jpg "")

>

Those the Golfkicks? How they working out?

Just got an email from Deer Creek with a pretty amazing afternoon deal if you live near there. $300 for April thru Sept free green fees 7 days a week after 2pm and includes 1 bucket of balls a day.

If you want to ride, $15 cart fee 2-4pm includes 1 drink (soda, gatorade, 16 oz draft beer). $10 cart fee with drink 4pm on. I would assume if you walked then $300 is all you would pay for 6 months of afternoon golf.

• Like 1

> @Joker91 said:

> Those the Golfkicks? How they working out?

My feet were a little sore. But I also walked 20 holes (Started on hole 2 because I was late, then walked 1 & 2 after 18). I'm not sure if my feet being sore was due to the shoes/spikes...or the fact I hadn't walked that amount of distance in 5 months. Could be either. But other than that, they held up fine and had great traction. Would be zero issue for people that predominately ride in carts.

> @jacobEDGE said:

> > @Joker91 said:

> > Those the Golfkicks? How they working out?

>

> My feet were a little sore. But I also walked 20 holes (Started on hole 2 because I was late, then walked 1 & 2 after 18). I'm not sure if my feet being sore was due to the shoes/spikes...or the fact I hadn't walked that amount of distance in 5 months. Could be either. But other than that, they held up fine and had great traction. Would be zero issue for people that predominately ride in carts.

Were those the Ultra Range?

Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4