APPLY NOW: Fujikura Ventus Experience! April 15-17th!

rfqqarpj4dp7.jpg

Do you love graphite golf shafts? Beyond what they do, do you want to know everything about how they're made? Do you obsess about pre-peg and mandrels? Carbon fibers and curing? Of course you do! You're on the GolfWRX forums, after all!

More to the point, how would you like a look at how the hottest Fujikura shafts, like the new Ventus, is made? THIS is the stuff gear geek dreams are made of. Want to get fit on Fujikura's state-of-the-art enso system? Maybe even play in a round of golf with the new Ventus? Then you'll want to enter the GolfWRX Fujikura Ventus Experience! If selected, you will be flown out to sunny Carlsbad, California, put up in a hotel, fed some first-class meals, and even taken out on the golf course...oh, and given a peek behind the curtain at Fujikura HQ!

The Fujikura Ventus Experience is April 15th through the 17th, and we are looking for 5 GolfWRX members to attend!

**_To Enter_**

In a post below answer the following:

Your city and state:

Handicap:

Current driver and shaft:

Can you commit to April 15th -17th?

Why do you want to attend the Fujikura Ventus Experience?

CJPSignatureV3.png.c58dade69e39827f99ae02c309fb82e2.png

Instagram  |  iTunes  |  SoundCloud  |  Spotify | YouTube

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your city and state: Columbus, Ohio

Handicap: 1.4

Current driver and shaft: Cobra LTD (testing F9 also), with Original Grafalloy Blue, Stiff, tipped 1.5 inches

Can you commit to April 15th -17th? Yes.

Why do you want to attend the Fujikura Ventus Experience? I’m a gear head. I enjoy testing new equipment and I’d love to learn more about the manufacturing process. I’d be interested to see if the Ventus can boot the Old Blue out of the bag after 8 years.

Your city and state: Madison, NJ

Handicap: 8

Current driver and shaft: M3 with GD Tour AD TP-6x

Can you commit to April 15th -17th? Yes

Why do you want to attend the Fujikura Ventus Experience? I am a shaft junkie. I'm fascinated by how the different specifications of different shafts affect performance and feel. I am always looking forward to learning about what's new in the shaft market.

SiM2 Max  9°  Fujikura Ventus 6
TS2  15°  GD Tour AD VR-7

testing 5/7 woods🤔🤷‍♀️
818H2  21°  GD Tour AD IZ-85
0311T  4i / Z745  5-9  Nippon 950GH 
SM7 46F 52F 58D  DG 115
SM7 62M  KBS Tour
putter, KBS CT Tour, Pro Only *
(¬¬)

Your city and state: Tampa, FL

Handicap: 6

Current driver and shaft: Callaway Razr Fit Xtreme 9.5 - Fujikura Motore Speeder VC 6.2 S Flex

Why do you want to attend the Fujikura Ventus Experience? Have tried multiple Fujikura shafts over the years, and still find myself crawling back to the Motore 6.2 shaft. Would love to see how the new Ventus stacks up.

Your city and state: San Diego, CA

Handicap: 4.6

Current driver and shaft: Taylormade M5 with Tensei Pro White (with a Ventus shaft on the way)

Why do you want to attend the Fujikura Ventus Experience? I've seen some of the behind the scenes thru a few YouTube videos including Golfholics so it would be great to see it in person since it's in my backyard.

Driver: Titleist TSR2

Fairways: TaylorMade M1 (2017) Aldila Black; Cobra Baffler F6

Irons: Cobra KING Forged Tec Irons Steelfiber i110cw

Wedges: Ping Glide 2.0 54*; Callaway JAWS Full Toe 58*

Putter: Odyssey White Hot Versa 3T

Ball: Srixon Z-Star XV

Your city and state: Cypress, TX

Handicap: 6.2

Current driver and shaft: M4 with AD-IZ 6S

Why do you want to attend the Fujikura Ventus Experience? Finally found a shaft I love and would be interested to see if the Ventus can outperform it.

Driver - TSR3 10 deg. ADDI6S

3 Wood -TSR2 ADDI7S

3 Hybrid TM Stealth 

4-7 iron - TM P770  KBS C-Taper Lite S

8-PW - TM P7MC  KBS C-Taper Lite S 

52, 56, 60 - Vokey SM9 Black  KBS Tour S

Putter - Evnroll ER2B, 35" with black gravity grip

Ball - ProV1

North Kingstown RI

M1 440 w ACCRA TS6

Why do you want to attend the Fujikura Ventus Experience? Why wouldn’t I want to get fit on ENZO at Fujikura is the better question!

Ping G425 LST w Accra TZ6CB      M5 Rocket 14* Accra RPG 472    CBX119 18* EvenFlow Black 
Mizuno MP20 MMC w KBS $Taper     Mizuno T22  50, 54, 60 - DG TI S400     LAB Mezz1 Max    OldSkool Ping L8
#TeamJetSpeed - Dec 2013

Your city and state: Monroe, Mi

Handicap: 13

Current driver and shaft: Ping G400 , AD-MT 6-s

Can you commit to April 15th -17th? Yes!!! Teacher, looking to use up some personal days

These experiences seem surreal to me. I’m always interested in learning more about the sport and ways to improve my game. I’m always messing with clubs in my bag and various shafts on my driver and hybrids. Fujikura Motore has always been my favorite shaft (sounding like a teachers pet here), but seriously, I always loved the feel, performance, and confidence they gave me when I played a round of golf. I was recently out in San Diego visiting some schools for work, and I saw signs for Carlsbad and I thought about golf and how cool it would be to actually be out in California for playing the sport that brings me peace ✌️!! If only...

Your city and state: Dallas, texas

Handicap: 7

Current driver and shaft: Taylormade m3 with tensei pro blue 70 TX

Why do you want to attend the Fujikura Ventus Experience? They say this shaft is the ultimate driver and fairway shaft from the reviews. As someone who is obsessed with golf gear, I would love to try and get more out of my game.

Taylormade Stealth+ 10.5: Ventus Blue 6X
Taylormade Stealth+ 3-15.5: Ventus Blue 7X
Taylormade Stealth+ 5-19: MRC Tensei CK Pro Blue 80TX
Titleist T200 4: DG AMT X100
Titleist T100 5-PW: DG AMT X100
Titleist SM8 50, 54, 60: DG Tour Issue S400
Odyssey White Hot 7S 34" 

Grips Lamkin Full Cord; logo down 

Your city and state: Chicago IL

Handicap: 7

Current driver and shaft: F9 with Hzrdus smoke

Can you commit to April 15th -17th? Yes.

I really want to see this Enso machine and, really whyFujikura would have one and its benefits.

Thanks!

Your city and state: Macungie, PA

Handicap:20

Current driver and shaft: Ping G400 Max Hzrdus Yellow

Why do you want to attend the Fujikura Ventus Experience? I'm interested in the how and why, but more importantly the connection of concept to application. Seeing is believing, and doing is even better!

Live in Mason, OH

My handicap is currently at 5

My driver is the Titleist 915 D3, with the Fujikura Speeder Pro 74 tour spec

Yes I can be there, Im sure my wife will want to come as well, but we can take care of that.

Id like to put that shaft though the ringer and really see if that shaft is as good as they say with off center hits. The 70 ton carbon fiber is very interesting as well, getting to learn more about that getting put into shafts seems really neat.

Titleist 915 D3 8.5* W/ Fujikura Speeder Pro74, set at A1
Titleist 915 FD 15* W/ Diamana 70 Whiteboard, set A1
Mizuno MP4 3-P W/ Nippon Modus3 130X
Mizuno T5 50*, 54*, 58* 50 & 54 with Modus 130x and 58 with Modus wedge 125x
Byron Morgan 006 GSS

Your city and state: Hoschton GA

Handicap: 9.0

Current driver and shaft: Ping G400 Tour 65 Stiff

Can you commit to April 15th -17th? Absolutely

Why do you want to attend the Fujikura Ventus Experience? Would love to better understand the technology behind building these shafts. Being fit on Fujikura's Enso system will remove all doubts 100% behind which shaft is best for my swing. Those 2 things alone make this a dream experience for a shaft geek like me.

> @knudson81 said:

> rfqqarpj4dp7.jpg

>

>

>

> Do you love graphite golf shafts? Beyond what they do, do you want to know everything about how they're made? Do you obsess about pre-peg and mandrels? Carbon fibers and curing? Of course you do! You're on the GolfWRX forums, after all!

>

> More to the point, how would you like a look at how the hottest Fujikura shafts, like the new Ventus, is made? THIS is the stuff gear geek dreams are made of. Want to get fit on Fujikura's state-of-the-art enso system? Maybe even play in a round of golf with the new Ventus? Then you'll want to enter the GolfWRX Fujikura Ventus Experience! If selected, you will be flown out to sunny Carlsbad, California, put up in a hotel, fed some first-class meals, and even taken out on the golf course...oh, and given a peek behind the curtain at Fujikura HQ!

>

> The Fujikura Ventus Experience is April 15th through the 17th, and we are looking for 5 GolfWRX members to attend!

>

>

> **_To Enter_**

> In a post below answer the following:

> Your city and state:

> Handicap:

> Current driver and shaft:

> Can you commit to April 15th -17th?

> Why do you want to attend the Fujikura Ventus Experience?

>

>

>

Moorhead, MN

Handicap: 3.6

Current Driver: Callaway Epic Flash SZ w/Rogue 130 White 60TX tipped 1"

I can make those dates work.

I want to participate for two reasons. First, I have never really had the opportunity to partake in these types of events. I would love to be able to contribute to the conversation more than I am currently able. Being in a non-golf centric area, I don't have some of the opportunities some of the other members do. This would afford me the opportunity to actively contribute in a way I haven't really been able to up to this point.

The second reason I want to partake is the fact that I haven't been through a very good fitting myself. The closest club fitter is about a 4 hour drive and our access to true aftermarket shafts just doesn't exist. I made the drive and I had my first driver fitting recently, but the fitter wasn't very thorough and I was left wanting more. I essentially just hit driver into a net over and over again with very little conversation. When my game is off, it typically starts off the tee with the driver. I would love to get into something that I have confidence in. I would love to have the opportunity to sit down and have someone go over the fine details on my swing and explain what works and what doesn't in terms of shaft profiles.

Cobra LTDx LS 10.5* w/Kai'Li 70TX
Ping G430 Max 15* w/OG Ventus Blue 7X
Titleist TSR2 7w w/Ventus Red TR 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Bettinardi BB1 w/UST Mamiya All-In Graphite 
Mizuno Copper T22 52, 56, 60 w/MCA MMT 125TX Wedge Shafts
TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

Your city and state: Dover, NJ

Handicap: +0.7

Current driver and shaft: Cobra F9 White/Black 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 130 Silver 70TX

Why do you want to attend the Fujikura Ventus Experience? Of all the clubs in my bag the one that gives me the most fits is the driver. lack of consistency with regards to shot shape have been the glaring spot on my game all winter and spring so far. With a US Open qualifier coming up - it would be incredible to dial it in finally. Also, the winter in NJ sucks - never been to Cali.

PING G430 LST / 9* (dialed to 10.5*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Dark Speed LS / 3w (dialed to 15.5*) / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

Your city and state: Fuquay Varina, NC

Handicap: 7.7

Current driver and shaft: Cobra F9 with Accra TZ6 65 M5

Why do you want to attend the Fujikura Ventus Experience? I had a brief stint with the Ventus and it was outperformed by the TZ6 for me. I believe that the Ventus could be better for me though through proper fitting. I am a true equipment junkie and love trying new shafts. I believe I've pinpointed a profile that fits me well and it would be very interesting to hear the opinion of the gurus at Fujikura and if they concur with my past professional fittings and self fittings.

Nothing is safe in my bag!

Your city and state: Greensboro, NC

Handicap: 10

Current driver and shaft: M6 w\ Fuji Ventus 6S

Why do you want to attend the Fujikura Ventus Experience? Who wouldn't want to attend an amazing experience like this. The thought of being fitted by one of if not the best graphite shaft companies in the world is a experience one could not pass up. Also, being able to see the construction of these shafts behind the scenes would be an awesome experience.

Your city and state: Greenville, South Carolina

Handicap: 2.2

Current driver and shaft: Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9 deg w/ Accra tour Z rpg 462 m4+

Can you commit to April 15th -17th? Yes. you send me and I'll be there!

Why do you want to attend the Fujikura Ventus Experience? I am fascinated by the advances in graphite shafts and how they can perform so differently with different swings. Getting to see the Fujikura facility would be an awesome experience.

Your city and state: Memphis, TN

Handicap: 10.8

Current driver and shaft: Callaway Epic SZ w/ Fuji Speeder EvoII 661X

Why do you want to attend the Fujikura Ventus Experience? I have gamed dozens of graphite shafts and really enjoy trying and learning about the newest ones. This would be a great experience for me.

Your city and state: Green Bay, WI

Handicap: 4.3

Current driver and shaft: Callaway Epic Flash SZ w/ Graphite Design AD IZ 6x

Why do you want to attend the Fujikura Ventus Experience? I'm constantly tinkering with new driver shafts, and haven't been able to land on something I'm completely in love with. If the folks at Fujikura and enso can't help me out, I'm probably a lost cause.

Titleist TSR3 8* Ventus TR Red 
Titleist TSR3 16.5* Evenflow T1100

Callaway Apex UW 21*

Titleist T350 4 T200 5 T150 6-9 Accra iSeries 125

Titleist Vokey SM9 46*F (@45) / 50*F / 56*D (@55*) / 60*M DG TI X100
SC Super Select Squareback 2

Your city and state: Kansas City, MO

Handicap: 9.9

Current driver and shaft: Taylormade m1 9.5, Fujikura Pro TS 73-x

Why do you want to attend the Fujikura Ventus Experience? I really like my current fujikura but believe they could have something more fitting for me and would love to have them, as the manufacturer, show me that something else and experience the process that goes into it.

Paradym TD S 10.5o - Atmos Blk TS 6-x

Stealth 2+ 4w - Pro 73 TS-x

Ts2 7w - D+ Ltd 80-x

714 AP2 4-9 - x100

Glide 4.0 50- PX 6.5

Vokey 46oF, 54oS, 60oV - x100/PX 6.5

SC CC 2.5+/AI One DW

Your city and state: Phoenix, AZ

Handicap: 4.5

Current driver and shaft: TS3 with Accra FX 360 M5 @47”

Can you commit to April 15th -17th? Yes!

While Fujikura is one of the market leaders in shaft performance, the few I have tried do not seem to fit me in the driver. I have gamed a few in hybrids, including a Speeder 869 I simply can't knock out of the bag. At 6'4" without long arms, I have been having success with slightly longer (46-47") driver shafts and would love to gain and share the insight provided through enso and meet the Fujikura team.

TS3 8.5 Tensei Pro Orange 60TX
X2Hot 2deep (12.5) Diamana Blueboard 83x
Cobra F8+ (17.5) Fujikura Pro95 X or P790 UDI Modus 130X or Titleist 818H2 17/19/21 Atmos Black 9X

P790 4,6 PXG 0311T 7-W DG X7
Glide 2.0 50SS, Vokey SM7 54F 58D, Hi Toe 60 (bent to 62)
Nike Method 007
Pro V1 (2017)

Backup:
M1 440 9.5 Aldila Rouge Silver 70X
Xhot Pro 15 Aldila Rogue Black 80X
R15 Hybrids: 17, 19 Rogue 115 MSI 85H TourX , Accra Tour Z, Hzrdus Black...and more shafts than I can count
712U 2 DG TI X100
Tour Preferred (2014) 4-5 MC, 6-pw MB, DG TI X100
SM5 50.12F, 54.14F, 58.11K
Nike Method 005

Your city and state: Westminster, CO

Handicap: 9.8

Current driver and shaft: Epic 9.5° Fujikura Pro 62 Green

Why do you want to attend the Fujikura Ventus Experience? I'd love to see how shafts are made. I'm always tinkering with shafts and to see how they are put together would be amazing.

Your city and state: Plymouth, MI

Handicap: 3.4

Current driver and shaft: PING G400 MAX with Tensei Orange 70TX (also use Atmos TS Black 70x)

Can you commit to April 15th -17th?: Yes

Why do you want to attend the Fujikura Ventus Experience?: I love testing out new equipment and seeing the impact it has on my game. I would love to see how my current set-up compares to a professionally fit Fujikura shaft.

Your city and state: **Longview, Texas**

Handicap: **10**

Current driver and shaft: **TaylorMade M3 440 9* with Fujikura ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 8X tipped 1"**

Can you commit to April 15th -17th? **Absolutely - what a perfect follow-up to Masters Weekend**

Why do you want to attend the Fujikura Ventus Experience? **I have always been a huge Fujikura fan. I play an ATMOS Tour Spec Blue in my driver (backup is a Pro Tour Spec 83X), a Rombax P95x in my fairway, and Pro Tour Spec 95i shafts in my 3 and 4 iron. This would be an amazing experience to take a look behind the curtain to see how my favorite shaft company makes their shafts. The information received and time spent with other WRXers would be awesome, and the fitting and golf played would be icing on the cake. Thank you to Fujikura and GolfWRX for the opportunity!**

TaylorMade QI10 9* - Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 8TX

TaylorMade Stealth+ 15* - Fujikura Ventus Red 9TX

NIKE Vapor Fly Pro 3-4i - Fujikura Pro Tour Spec 95X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5 - KBS Tour 130X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 6-PW - DG TI X100

Mizuno T22 Raw 50* S, 55* D | TaylorMade Hi Toe 60* - DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Select Squareback +

Your city and state: Dallas, TX

Handicap: 0

Current driver and shaft: Titleist TS2 / EvenFlow White T1100 6.5

Why do you want to attend the Fujikura Ventus Experience? Because I'm a major club and shaft nerd. Fuji shafts have been my favorite shafts and in the bag since I was 13 years old. This would be sick!!

Ping G425 LST 9* / Fujikura Ventus Blue 6X

Taylormade BRNR Mini Driver 13.5* / Fujikura Atmos Blue TS 7X

Ping iCrossover 18* / Ping Tour 2.0 85X

Ping i230 4-U / Dynamic Gold Tour Issue 120 X100

Titleist SM9 54.10S / Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

Titleist SM9 60.04T / Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
Ping Vault Oslo

Titleist ProV1

Ping Hoofer

Your city and state: **Greenville, SC**

Handicap: **5**

Current driver and shaft: **Cobra F9 with Kuro Kage DC 70TX**

Can you commit to April 15th -17th? **Yes **

Why do you want to attend the Fujikura Ventus Experience? I've spent the better part of 3 years working on maximizing my driver - distance and accuracy - and from what I've found, the Ventus appears to be a good fit to end my current quest.