2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Please name some good Youtube Video Instructors.....

bulls9999

> @tgoodspe1991 said:

> I avidly scour YouTube and other internet outlets for golf instruction because that is how I primarily learned/learn the game. I am pretty much completely self-taught through watching and reading everything I can and trial-and-error. Here are the channels I've found below:

>

> Mark Crossfield - but IMO his instruction isn't as good or common as it used to be.

> Clay Ballard - don't bother, his videos are absurdly long and they will always cut off by asking you to purchase his program.

> Monte Scheinblum - great instructor, a little rough around the edges, but has some profound wisdom about the swing.

> TXG - take a different approach to analyzing the game. Data to back up their points. They are both entertaining guys to watch.

> George Gankas - I don't agree with all his teaching but he has a lot of good stuff.

> Mike Malaska - same as above, pick and choose what works best for you.

> Scratch Golf Academy - I used to live near this guy in Naples, FL. Really simplifies instruction and is a very nice guy. Rather basic instruction but still worth a look.

> Meandmygolf - Same as Mark Crossfield, they focus more on instruction than anything else but I haven't really found their stuff all that useful. They do a lot with Pro's now though so it's fun to watch.

> Bebettergolf - So this guy is on his own personal golf journey, but he has 1-off or 2-off videos of his lessons with tons of different instructors. It's a great way to find new instructors you didn't know about before and follow their teachings. And the Bebettergolf guy seems like a nice dude who is passionate about the game.

> Tony Luczak - This guy has really great insight into the golf swing that will really get you right in the way you think about the game.

> Shawn Clement - People swear by this guy, I personally can't stand him. I find watching him, his golf swing, and movements to be so cringe-worthy. That being said, he has a loyal following so I'm sure there's good stuff in there. 

> Mygolfswingevolution - This guy's early channel was so enjoyable to watch. He's on a personal "Ben Hogan" swing journey and really analyzes all sorts of different areas of the golf swing. Some of his videos really can give you "ah-ha" moments while others are very into the weeds. His later videos are hit-and-miss, and I find a lot of his videos are now promoting his own books or seminars or events. That being said, he's a guy on a journey to improve his swing which is really what we are all doing.

> Rick Shiels - His channel has changed a lot through the years. Same with his buddy Peter Finch. Rick is getting really popular outside of YouTube and starting to do other things besides make videos I have never found his instruction all that worth it, but his equipment reviews can be fun to watch.

> Dan Whittaker - Lots of instruction on his channel. Much more of a "teaching" channel I think. Lots of good videos.

> Pete Cowen - This guy teaches Henrik Stenson and Thomas Pieters (among others). I don't know if he's still actively putting up videos, but find some stuff by him, it's very good information.

>

> There's a lot of other channels that do equipment reviews or are average and fun to watch sometimes. But a lot of the above will get you started down a long road of instructional information. 

>

> I hope that helps a little!

If I were a 13.8 and followed 15 different online teachers, I think that would be a one-way ticket to 29.2, with an optional lay-over at 19.5.

> @3eagles18 said:

> Russell Heritage for full swing. Danny Maude bunker video was the best I've ever seen; turned bunker yips into easy out and chance to make a putt.

Russell Heritage, Chris Ryan, and Adam Bazalgette are my three favorite instructors on YouTube, and it's because of their style. Very simple, very casual, very clear.

My big and obvious complaint with Russell Heritage is the video titles. They are... ridiculously click-baity. To the point where it's literally impossible to find any specific video. What's that one with the really good pelvic motion feel? No idea, because they're all "TRY THIS ONE MAGIC MOVE!"

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5 deg.

Callaway Rogue ST Max 3L

Srixon ZX 3 hybrid

Ping S55 irons

Ping Glide 3.0 54 & 60 deg.

Odyssey White Hot Versa #1

> @bulls9999 said:

> Haha.... I checked her out, very cute, easy to follow and listen to, i.e., minimal accent (golly, listening to what's his name, the English dude's harsh accent gets me tired following along... I'll let you guess who).

>

> > @Gautama said:

> > Can't believe no one has mentioned Golf with Aimee! She's genuinely very good. (The downside is I'm starting to develop some deep feelings for her, and my life is feeling a bit empty. The things we could do, together, for my golf game.) :D

>

>

LOL just something that I learned is that Americans have accents too. All over the world it's thought of as an American accent lol. I was like OK now wonder you don't like us when I said I don't have an accent! Aimee has a Korean American accent. It's very common in LA where there is a huge K-Town.

Callaway Paradym TD 10* Ventus Red TR 5S

Titleist TSR3 13.5* 3 Wood Tour AD-IZ 6S

Titleist TSR3 19* hybrid Modus GOST S

Titleist TSR2 24* hybrid Modus GOST S

Callaway Paradym Hybrid 27* Ventus non Velocore S

Titleist T100 2023 6-PW KBS Tour V S

Titleist SM8 50, 56, 60

Scotty Cameron X7.5 CS

Golf Sidekick is a good channel too that I've stumbled upon just recently. He's not an "instructor", but a low-figure player. He has mostly on-course videos going shot by shot playing a round, but he provides good insights on the mental aspect of the game and course management - something that you dont find often in golf instruction. And his videos are usually fun to watch too.

> @Dinosaur said:

> > @jonsnow said:

> > > @Dinosaur said:

> > > I subscribe to King Soloman's line of thought..."**There's nothing new under the Sun**, for ALL is vanity".

> >

> > Nothing new except for the spelling of Solomon...

> >

> >

>

> Yup...you got me there...I guess I won't be applying for the position of "scribe" after all.

Apologies, Dinosaur. I struggle with ISS (Insufferable Smarta** Syndrome); it's like a drug, I can't help myself.

I also have AOD (Acronym Overload Disorder)...

> @MaineMariner said:

> My big and obvious complaint with Russell Heritage is the video titles. They are... ridiculously click-baity. To the point where it's literally impossible to find any specific video. What's that one with the really good pelvic motion feel? No idea, because they're all "TRY THIS ONE MAGIC MOVE!"

Haha, I didn't realize that about Heritage but now that you mention it, that's right.

Anyway, I watch him the most. The way he explains angles and sequence really clarifies a lot of the mystery of the swing for me.

Bag 1                                                                 Bag 2
Ping G400 LST 10                                             Epon Technicity 9
Ping G400 3W 14.5                                          TM R9 3W 14
Ping G400 3H 19                                              Miura 3H 19
Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal Pro 5-P               Epon 503 4-P Nippon Super Peening Orange
Mizuno s18 50, 54, 58                                     Miura 51, 56 k-grind
Bettinardi BB1                                                  Scotty Cameron Newport 2

> @MaineMariner said:

> > @3eagles18 said:

> > Russell Heritage for full swing. Danny Maude bunker video was the best I've ever seen; turned bunker yips into easy out and chance to make a putt.

>

> Russell Heritage, Chris Ryan, and Adam Bazalgette are my three favorite instructors on YouTube, and it's because of their style. Very simple, very casual, very clear.

>

> My big and obvious complaint with Russell Heritage is the video titles. They are... ridiculously click-baity. To the point where it's literally impossible to find any specific video. What's that one with the really good pelvic motion feel? No idea, because they're all "TRY THIS ONE MAGIC MOVE!"

Adam Bazalgette is pretty good thx. Is this a golf secret? Don't swing the club head to the ball. Swing the shaft ahead of the ball to pressure the ball, the shaft and hips are ahead of ball. Skip to the second half of the video at 5:30 and 7:10.

• Like 1

> @JaNelson38 said:

> Golf Sidekick is a good channel too that I've stumbled upon just recently. He's not an "instructor", but a low-figure player. He has mostly on-course videos going shot by shot playing a round, but he provides good insights on the mental aspect of the game and course management - something that you dont find often in golf instruction. And his videos are usually fun to watch too.

Yeah, fun channel. Might be too realistic for some.

I basically only look at Monte, Larry Cheung, Clay Ballard & George Genkas. Lately, Larry has been the main go-to for me in terms of online content and my game has really improved in terms of consistency with every club.

Driver: Titleist Tsi3 w/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow TX 6.0 
3 Wood: Cobra King Speedzone/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70

5 Wood: Callaway Mavrik Subzero/Aldila Rogue White 70
Long Irons (4-6): Wilson D7 Forged/DG120TI
Short Irons (7-P): Wilson Staff Model Blade/DG120TI

Wedges (50/54/58): Callaway Jaws MD5 w/TI S200
Putter: Original Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7
Ball: Titleist Left Dash

Clay Ballard, and Danny Maude,

Both are excellent, both give solid information.

Non youtubers, Monte and ITeach, found on these

forums. There are more, but these gentlemen

stand out to me.

Play Golf.....Play Blades......Play Something Else.....Just Go Play.....

4 HC

Monte, me and my golf.

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
Taylor Made M4 19* & 22* hybrids
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
Odyssey Stroke Lab Big Seven Toe Up vs MEZZ1 vs Seemore
Precision Pro Nx7 Pro, Garmin S60 (watch)

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

I definitely agree with the folks who mention Meandmygolf. They are very good at giving you a simple drill to correct a problem. They explain the idea behind the drill and why it will help resolve the problem it is meant to fix.

One I am surprised I didn't see, unless I missed it, is Peter Finch. He mostly does course vlogs as of late but when he does give tips or lessons they are clear and simple.

Rick Shiels used to be good but it seems all he does lately is vlogs or reviews.

• 7 months later...

My top one is Eric Cogorno - I am currently doing one of his paid programs - the Reverse Slice Sequence.

I also like Monte (I have his paid videos for Driving and the Short Game), Jim Waldron (the Arm Swing Illusion), George Gankas (yes he talks crazy fast but has some good stuff), Robin Symmes, Bobby Lopez, and Shawn Clements.

I also like the old Mike Austin/Mike Dunaway videos.

Cleveland XL Classic Driver
TaylorMade RBZ Stage2 Strong 3 Wood
Ping G15 4 Wood
Adams Super S 3H Hybrid
Adams Idea Black CB3 Irons 4-PW
Ping Tour S 52 and 58
Yes Tracy Putter / McGregor Bobby Grace M1 Putter

Agree with those who like Eric Cogorno, and of course, Monte Scheinblum (bought a couple of his videos); both do a good job of communicating.

Clay Ballard seems okay, too.

As someone else mentioned, I just can't watch Clements videos, too quirky.

• Like 1

TaylorMade Stealth 2 12° - Ventus Velo Blue 5R2

PING G425 Max 5-Wood (@16.5°) / 7-Wood (@19.5°) - Ventus Velo Red 5R2

Callaway Paradym Super Hybrid 21° / 24° - AD HY 65R

Mizuno MP245 6-GW - AD 75R SSx1

TaylorMade MG4 52.08 - AD 75S (8i) / 56.12TW - AD 75S (9i)

Odyssey Versa Jailbird 380 WH

Titleist ProV1x

I've recently discovered Clay Ballard, who I feel like some of his basic drills have helped my game. While I'm not a huge Shawn Clement fan, he had a few videos on drawing and fading the ball that were absolute game changers for me. His explanation and visuals allowed me to see and understand the face to path concept that I struggeld with. Golfsidekick as mentioned above, not really instructional videos but more about course management and playing within your limits, has been heavily watched lately.

I tend to stay away from a lot of online instruction but if I am struggling with a specific aspect of my game, i will look for a few drills or tips on how to deal with it. The big ones from recent memory are the hockey slapshot drill, basically splitting my grip which helped me stay down on my shots and the one about chipping around the greens with a putting stroke. I don't know why I never seen that concept before but after an hour of practicing the putting stroke chip my short game went from a glaring weakness to a solid strength.

Monte, AMG, and Brad Hughes are the only 3 I listen to. I primarily listen to Monte 98% of the time because he has made a drastic difference in my game...however if I want a more detailed or technical explanation for something he has me working on I'll then search that topic from AMG. If something isn't quite clicking 6 months later or I need a new way to see something then I may see what BH has to say because he does have some good stuff.

Be careful though...youtube can be great for getting more info on an issue or giving you a different way to look at it...but there is no substitute for getting a lesson. I would suggest you start with a lesson....learn what issues you are having....then use youtube to supplement your lesson if you feel the need....it's easy to go down a deep rabbit hole though if you don't know exactly what you need to do first.

• Like 1

Driver: Sim2 with Ventus Blue 6x
FWY: Sim 2 Ti w/ TenseiAV Raw Blue 75x
Hybrid: PXG 0317x 17* with Fuji Pro 2.0 85x
Irons: PXG 0211ST w/KBS Tour X
54*: Titleist SM6 S grind black finish
58*: New Level Golf SPN Forged M Grind
Putter: Toulon San Diego

Honestly, since given getting the PlaneMate I have stopped watching YouTube altogether if it isn’t a video like TXG which is more equipment or fitting related.

Driver: Titleist Tsi3 w/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow TX 6.0 
3 Wood: Cobra King Speedzone/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70

5 Wood: Callaway Mavrik Subzero/Aldila Rogue White 70
Long Irons (4-6): Wilson D7 Forged/DG120TI
Short Irons (7-P): Wilson Staff Model Blade/DG120TI

Wedges (50/54/58): Callaway Jaws MD5 w/TI S200
Putter: Original Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7
Ball: Titleist Left Dash