Best Driver of 2019 | Full Article _HERE_ | Discussion Thread _HERE_

Early Morning or Late Afternoon Rounds?

13»

Comments

• playmuchplaymuch Members Posts: 975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mornings for me. Cooler, less wind and less people. Play the back nine and drop a whole heap of balls. Best kind of practise
  • Canoe PaddlerCanoe Paddler Members Posts: 197 ✭✭✭
    edited Mar 11, 2019 11:18am #63
    I like both, but I’ll pick AM for one reason. Early in the fall when you get one of the first cool (not cold) mornings, fire up the smoker around 6:30, then head to the course and finish up just in time to shower and either head to the tailgate or watch party and enjoy college football all afternoon. I look forward to days like this all year.
  • dhartmann34dhartmann34 Members Posts: 704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Early morning for sure. But I don't mind a late late afternoon round. Nice to see the sunset and be there part one on the course.
  • foxy222foxy222 Members Posts: 84 ✭✭
    Mornings are my favourite time to play, but I always seem to shoot better later in the day.
  • TheGoochTheGooch Members Posts: 94 ✭✭✭
    Early morning. Hate the heat and I love watching the sun come up during a round.
    Cobra F8 9*
    Callaway Rogue 3-Wood 15*
    Callaway Apex Hybrid 20*
    Callaway Apex CF16 5 - GW
    Ping Glide 56SS
    Tommy Armour Impact #3
  • James the Hogan FanJames the Hogan Fan Members Posts: 688 ✭✭✭✭✭

She asks life’s great questions..
    Golfing in Finland!
    Wilson D300
    W/S Fybrid 3W
    W/S Fybrid 5W
    Hogan Apex 2003 (3-E)
    Mizuno 56
    Maxfli Revolution 60
    Macgregor Jackie Pung Putter #10

• msuplmsupl Members Posts: 546 ✭✭

Late afternoon....hate the morning dew and my low back is normally stiff first thing in the morning.

• cheers big earscheers big ears Members Posts: 178 ✭✭✭

Either for me, but at different times, during the week its early morning as the, peace and tranquility are unbeatable. At the weekend its early evening as the dew, peace and tranquility are unbeatable! ;)

• bigred90gtbigred90gt Lefty Boomers Posts: 4,474 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

If I had my preference, I’d play early. I’m not one who likes to sleep in. My wife, however, is. She works had during the week so she doesn’t want to get out of bed early. Since I prefer to play with my wife, my time on the course has shifted from first light to whenever she feels like going. Usually, it’s either 10:00-11:00, or 2:00-3:00. Last time I played an early round was this past weekend, because she was on call and had to work.

• buckeyeflbuckeyefl Members Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Pretty much all of my rounds except a few are early morning but I love late day. It's a logistical issue.

• DinosaurDinosaur Members Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Either. I like to play when the course is relatively empty. Usually this is late afternoon but after the "twilight rush" where some wish to take advantage of lower rates. By waiting an hour or so, you can get out a little easier. The "dawn patrol" also is often discounted, but more of the "early birds" competing for slots. Midweek seems best for me, unless you are in an area frequented primarily by retirees e.t.c. I guess its hit or miss as for course availability.

"Non rinunciare mai quello
    che desideri...."
    Go with what you know!
  • cjblake09cjblake09 Members Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Either really for me. Love the early rounds so i am home before noon but also like the sunset rounds when no one is on the course.

• bigred90gtbigred90gt Lefty Boomers Posts: 4,474 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Mar 27, 2019 12:45pm #74

Played yesterday afternoon with my wife. Tree off at 4:00. Never waited on anyone and by the time we made the turn, we were the only people on the course. Finished up just as the sun was going down behind the tree line. Perfect way to end the day!

Best part? It was $44 for both of us, including a cart!

• 3jacker3jacker Members Posts: 1,004 ✭✭
    edited Mar 27, 2019 1:06pm #75

Afternoon for me, not that I'm all that picky. Less crowded, faster rounds, and I don't care for the dew everywhere on the first 3 holes or so that comes with an early morning round.

"Water on the clubface, bro..."

Callaway XR16 SubZero Aldila Rogue I/O 70X
    TM V-Steel 4wd Protopype 80X
    Callaway UT 18* KBS C-Taper X
    Callaway Apex MB 4-PW KBS C-Taper X
    Cleveland 52*/58* CG10 KBS C-Taper X
    Sizemore XB-1
  • ohioglfrohioglfr Municipal Junkie Dayton, OhioMembers Posts: 809 ✭✭✭✭✭

Late afternoon. I don't like dew on the greens in the morning. Also, waiting for mowers . . . or their having to wait on me.
    Late rounds, the day is usually cooling down, fewer groups playing, and the critters start coming out to reclaim the course.

Adams Speedline 9088UL 10.5* AXIVCore 69 Black (S)
    Ping G SF Tec 3W, 5W Alta 65 (R)
    Ping G 4H,5H Alta 70 (R)
    Ping G 6-U TT XP 95 (soft R)
    Ping Glide 54*, 58* WS TT XP 100 (R)
    Ping Darby Sigma G

• billh17billh17 just happy to play Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I prefer the late afternoon rounds,where it is usually an almost empty course. Three evenings during
    the middle of the week,there are no leagues so you can get some on course practice in or have a
    nice round with friends. The dew sweepers play a little too early for me.

Certified Orginal Member#2
    Outlaw Golf Association
    To Heck with the USGA
  • The Real PacmanThe Real Pacman Members Posts: 83 ✭✭✭

Love the late afternoons also. I seem to score better in the afternoons for some reason. The moisture on the grounds in the mornings always seems to get in my head. I probably doesn’t affect me as much as I think it does, but it seems to slow the greens a lot and affect spin on chips. Late afternoon rounds can be brutally hot here in South Alabama, but I’m used to it and embrace it.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file