2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

New Software Poll. Hope and wish it away

The current setup is FAR from perfect (right now), but the old software wasn't without it's bugs/limitations either. I hate the way the new site looks, but I think it will get better. If they can get it back to close to what it used to be (hopefully sooner rather than later) and fix the limitations in the process - then I am all for it. It is a pain to navigate the forum as-is right now though.

TaylorMade QI10 9* - Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 8TX

TaylorMade Stealth+ 15* - Fujikura Ventus Red 9TX

NIKE Vapor Fly Pro 3-4i - Fujikura Pro Tour Spec 95X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5 - KBS Tour 130X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 6-PW - DG TI X100

Mizuno T22 Raw 50* S, 55* D | TaylorMade Hi Toe 60* - DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Select Squareback +

> @mlesser said:

> Anyone know how to search just the forum you are in? I was in the classified and entered "Ping" and every topic relating to Ping came in.

Click on the magnify glass on right edge of search bar

click on the down arrow on the right edge of search bar

Then type in your search terms

Use the "category" drop down to select the forum you want to search

Would be nice if the search default to the current forum section.

New system makes it difficult to vertically separate a line to emphasize it. Like if someone says something, then....

wants to finish the comment way down here.

Bring back the old design. The UX is horrible! You don't "remove" features in replace to a whole new UI for the sake of it, especially with a site as large as Golfwrx ~~is~~ was

- Ping G425 10.5*

- Ping G25 16.5*
- Srixon ZX7 w/ Aerotech Steelfiber i95s

- Miura Tour 51*/55*/59*
- Scotty Cameron Champions Choice Newport 2 Button Back
- Srixon Z Star

- Vessel lite

> @tdelam said:

> Bring back the old design. The UX is horrible! You don't "remove" features in replace to a whole new UI for the sake of it, especially with a site as large as Golfwrx ~~is~~ was

It wasn't done just for the sake of it. There is an Announcement thread in this forum section...Richard explains on page 1. With the old software, the board was on the verge of crashing constantly.

• Like 1

> @HitEmTrue said:

> > @tdelam said:

> > Bring back the old design. The UX is horrible! You don't "remove" features in replace to a whole new UI for the sake of it, especially with a site as large as Golfwrx ~~is~~ was

>

> It wasn't done just for the sake of it. There is an Announcement thread in this forum section...Richard explains on page 1. With the old software, the board was on the verge of crashing constantly.

THIS.

Had you read the new board you would have seen this.

So your post/poll is basically useless. You should probably just delete it (if you can or request the mods delete it).

Just an opinion as there are 2 rather large threads enumerating the "issues" (real or imagined) that the MODS are looking at and it looks like this one is shaping up to just more of the same. ¯\\_(ツ)_/¯

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Titleist 716 AP-1  5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, DGS300

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 34*, RED, BGT Stability

Titleist Pro V1X

Most likely this was done for the Mobile Users to the detriment of traditional computer users like myself. While I hope it gets better, I seriously doubt it will ever be as easy and as fun to use as the old forum format for those of us who access the site with a traditional laptop or desktop computer.... :/

[b]What's in Bobcat's Bag? (Showing more than 14 clubs due to options)[/b]

Driver: TM 2015 9.5* SLDR-C - 45.5" Miyazaki Kusala Black 61s (tipped 1/2")
Fairway: TM Tour-iussue V-Steel 15* 3W - 43.25" Fujikura 757 Speeder Stiff
Hybrid Fairway: TM Rescue Fairway 15* '3-Strong'- 42.75" Fujikura VP-90 Stiff
Hybrids: TM Rescue-Mid TP's 19*(3H) & 22*(4H) - Fujikura Vista Pro 90 Stiff
Driving Irons: TM TP UDI's 16* (#1) & 20* (#3) - KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff Shafts
Irons: TM 2015 SLDR Irons (5-8i only) - KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff Flex Steel
Hybrid Wedges: Cleveland 2011 Niblicks - 42*PW /49*DW / 56*SW - Stock Steel
Wedge: 2011 Cleveland CG-16 Black Pearl 58*/8* (SW/LW) - Stock Steel Shaft
Putter: Bettinardi BBX-81 Blade - 35" Bettinardi Stock Steel Putter Shaft

> @bobcat said:

> Most likely this was done for the Mobile Users to the detriment of traditional computer users like myself. While I hope it gets better, I seriously doubt it will ever be as easy and as fun to use as the old forum format for those of us who access the site with a traditional laptop or desktop computer.... :/

Ardent mobile user here...

I cannot imagine how the mobile version would *ever* be easier to use. It is the desktop versions with some limitations that come along with smaller screen and limited input devices. No mouse, and no real keyboard.

The reason for the change has been talked about a few times, including a few posts up in this thread. :)

> @nsxguy said:

> > @HitEmTrue said:

> > > @tdelam said:

> > > Bring back the old design. The UX is horrible! You don't "remove" features in replace to a whole new UI for the sake of it, especially with a site as large as Golfwrx ~~is~~ was

> >

> > It wasn't done just for the sake of it. There is an Announcement thread in this forum section...Richard explains on page 1. With the old software, the board was on the verge of crashing constantly.

>

> THIS.

>

> Had you read the new board you would have seen this.

>

> So your post/poll is basically useless. You should probably just delete it (if you can or request the mods delete it).

>

> Just an opinion as there are 2 rather large threads enumerating the "issues" (real or imagined) that the MODS are looking at and it looks like this one is shaping up to just more of the same. ¯\\_(ツ)_/¯

>

Sounds poorly managed, imho. "On the verge of crashing" is vague. Lots of things you can do mitigate it in the meantime while upgrading without issues. I digress. I don't pay to be here :) Hopefully things will be fixed with summer coming :)

- Ping G425 10.5*

- Ping G25 16.5*
- Srixon ZX7 w/ Aerotech Steelfiber i95s

- Miura Tour 51*/55*/59*
- Scotty Cameron Champions Choice Newport 2 Button Back
- Srixon Z Star

- Vessel lite

I've been trying to place in my mind what the new GolfWRX forum site looks like. And then it dawned on me. It's Quora. Go visit www.quora.com and you will notice the similarities. At least we get wider amounts of content. Both Quora and GolfWRX web sites hurt my eyes. They need to dump the white and go with light gray and dark gray.

It's no fun when the rabbit's got the gun.

> @tdelam said:

> > @nsxguy said:

> > > @HitEmTrue said:

> > > > @tdelam said:

> > > > Bring back the old design. The UX is horrible! You don't "remove" features in replace to a whole new UI for the sake of it, especially with a site as large as Golfwrx ~~is~~ was

> > >

> > > It wasn't done just for the sake of it. There is an Announcement thread in this forum section...Richard explains on page 1. With the old software, the board was on the verge of crashing constantly.

> >

> > THIS.

> >

> > Had you read the new board you would have seen this.

> >

> > So your post/poll is basically useless. You should probably just delete it (if you can or request the mods delete it).

> >

> > Just an opinion as there are 2 rather large threads enumerating the "issues" (real or imagined) that the MODS are looking at and it looks like this one is shaping up to just more of the same. ¯\\_(ツ)_/¯

> >

>

> Sounds poorly managed, imho. "On the verge of crashing" is vague. Lots of things you can do mitigate it in the meantime while upgrading without issues. I digress. I don't pay to be here :) Hopefully things will be fixed with summer coming :)

Yes, what I said was vague, because I don’t work for golfwrx. But I trust that they know what they are doing, and take Richard at his word.

With limited resources, they could have kept putting out fires for months and months. And never had the time to devote to finishing the new platform.

The new search is not useful. The drop down menu is a pain. The old search was much better because it searched the area you were currently in. Please change.

Cobra LTD X LS GD AD-DI
Callaway Mavrik 4 wood GD BB
Callaway Epic Flash 7 wood GD DI

Srixon zx5 MK II

Cleveland Tour Rack 50/54/58
Scotty 1.5 

Titleist Linksmaster Bag

> @forembc said:

> The new search is not useful. The drop down menu is a pain. The old search was much better because it searched the area you were currently in. Please change.

Good luck with management seeing this here. The thread should be deleted.

Try here - [https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1720874/please-add-any-bugs-problems-with-new-software-and-feedback-here/p38](https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1720874/please-add-any-bugs-problems-with-new-software-and-feedback-here/p38 "https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1720874/please-add-any-bugs-problems-with-new-software-and-feedback-here/p38")

Titleist Pro V1X

> @tdelam said:

> > @nsxguy said:

> > > @HitEmTrue said:

> > > > @tdelam said:

> > > > Bring back the old design. The UX is horrible! You don't "remove" features in replace to a whole new UI for the sake of it, especially with a site as large as Golfwrx ~~is~~ was

> > >

> > > It wasn't done just for the sake of it. There is an Announcement thread in this forum section...Richard explains on page 1. With the old software, the board was on the verge of crashing constantly.

> >

> > THIS.

> >

> > Had you read the new board you would have seen this.

> >

> > So your post/poll is basically useless. You should probably just delete it (if you can or request the mods delete it).

> >

> > Just an opinion as there are 2 rather large threads enumerating the "issues" (real or imagined) that the MODS are looking at and it looks like this one is shaping up to just more of the same. ¯\\_(ツ)_/¯

> >

>

> Sounds poorly managed, imho. "On the verge of crashing" is vague. Lots of things you can do mitigate it in the meantime while upgrading without issues. I digress. I don't pay to be here :) Hopefully things will be fixed with summer coming :)

What you need to remember is this board was started as, and primarily continues to be, a hobby. Run by golfers, not corporate executives. There is no IT staff on payroll.

A professional IT organization would have not have rolled this out this way. They've owned their mistake(s) and if there's a next time I'd bet it'd be done much better. ¯\\_(ツ)_/¯

Titleist Pro V1X

• 2 weeks later...

> @nsxguy said:

> > @tdelam said:

> > > @nsxguy said:

> > > > @HitEmTrue said:

> > > > > @tdelam said:

> > > > > Bring back the old design. The UX is horrible! You don't "remove" features in replace to a whole new UI for the sake of it, especially with a site as large as Golfwrx ~~is~~ was

> > > >

> > > > It wasn't done just for the sake of it. There is an Announcement thread in this forum section...Richard explains on page 1. With the old software, the board was on the verge of crashing constantly.

> > >

> > > THIS.

> > >

> > > Had you read the new board you would have seen this.

> > >

> > > So your post/poll is basically useless. You should probably just delete it (if you can or request the mods delete it).

> > >

> > > Just an opinion as there are 2 rather large threads enumerating the "issues" (real or imagined) that the MODS are looking at and it looks like this one is shaping up to just more of the same. ¯\\_(ツ)_/¯

> > >

> >

> > Sounds poorly managed, imho. "On the verge of crashing" is vague. Lots of things you can do mitigate it in the meantime while upgrading without issues. I digress. I don't pay to be here :) Hopefully things will be fixed with summer coming :)

>

> What you need to remember is this board was started as, and primarily continues to be, a hobby. Run by golfers, not corporate executives. There is no IT staff on payroll.

>

> A professional IT organization would have not have rolled this out this way. They've owned their mistake(s) and if there's a next time I'd bet it'd be done much better. ¯\\_(ツ)_/¯

>

I don't know that is true. I think this site generates a tidy sum. I've never seen easy post otherwise. If you have facts I'd like to hear them.

The OP has 6 posts, and they're complaining about the new site?

Driver #1: Callaway Epic Max LS, 9°

Driver #2: Adams Speedline F11, 9.5°

Fairway: Callaway Rogue ST Max LS, 18°

Utility Iron: Titleist 718 AP3, 19°

Irons: Titleist 718 AP1, 5-GW, 24°-48°
UW: Titleist Vokey SM8, 52°F

LW: Titleist Vokey SM8, 60°D
Putter: Cameron Studio Style Newport 2.5, 33"
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B RX
Bag: Sun Mountain Metro Sunday Bag

> @gary3aces said:

> I have no idea how to sell anything any more.Use to be so simple.Any advice?

>

> Thanks,Gary

What's confusing you ?

Titleist Pro V1X

> @"Matt J" said:

> > @nsxguy said:

> > > @tdelam said:

> > > > @nsxguy said:

> > > > > @HitEmTrue said:

> > > > > > @tdelam said:

> > > > > > Bring back the old design. The UX is horrible! You don't "remove" features in replace to a whole new UI for the sake of it, especially with a site as large as Golfwrx ~~is~~ was

> > > > >

> > > > > It wasn't done just for the sake of it. There is an Announcement thread in this forum section...Richard explains on page 1. With the old software, the board was on the verge of crashing constantly.

> > > >

> > > > THIS.

> > > >

> > > > Had you read the new board you would have seen this.

> > > >

> > > > So your post/poll is basically useless. You should probably just delete it (if you can or request the mods delete it).

> > > >

> > > > Just an opinion as there are 2 rather large threads enumerating the "issues" (real or imagined) that the MODS are looking at and it looks like this one is shaping up to just more of the same. ¯\\_(ツ)_/¯

> > > >

> > >

> > > Sounds poorly managed, imho. "On the verge of crashing" is vague. Lots of things you can do mitigate it in the meantime while upgrading without issues. I digress. I don't pay to be here :) Hopefully things will be fixed with summer coming :)

> >

> > What you need to remember is this board was started as, and primarily continues to be, a hobby. Run by golfers, not corporate executives. There is no IT staff on payroll.

> >

> > A professional IT organization would have not have rolled this out this way. They've owned their mistake(s) and if there's a next time I'd bet it'd be done much better. ¯\\_(ツ)_/¯

> >

>

> I don't know that is true. I think this site generates a tidy sum. I've never seen easy post otherwise. If you have facts I'd like to hear them.

We wear many hats in the organization. Only one of us would qualify as a programmer. There is no dedicated full time programmers on staff.

Tidy sum supports the podcasters and Greg on tour as well as many initiatives.

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
BST AD Help
If you have a general help question, post here:
GolfWRX Website Help Desk

> @"Matt J" said:

> > @nsxguy said:

> > > @tdelam said:

> > > > @nsxguy said:

> > > > > @HitEmTrue said:

> > > > > > @tdelam said:

> > > > > > Bring back the old design. The UX is horrible! You don't "remove" features in replace to a whole new UI for the sake of it, especially with a site as large as Golfwrx ~~is~~ was

> > > > >

> > > > > It wasn't done just for the sake of it. There is an Announcement thread in this forum section...Richard explains on page 1. With the old software, the board was on the verge of crashing constantly.

> > > >

> > > > THIS.

> > > >

> > > > Had you read the new board you would have seen this.

> > > >

> > > > So your post/poll is basically useless. You should probably just delete it (if you can or request the mods delete it).

> > > >

> > > > Just an opinion as there are 2 rather large threads enumerating the "issues" (real or imagined) that the MODS are looking at and it looks like this one is shaping up to just more of the same. ¯\\_(ツ)_/¯

> > > >

> > >

> > > Sounds poorly managed, imho. "On the verge of crashing" is vague. Lots of things you can do mitigate it in the meantime while upgrading without issues. I digress. I don't pay to be here :) Hopefully things will be fixed with summer coming :)

> >

> > What you need to remember is this board was started as, and primarily continues to be, a hobby. Run by golfers, not corporate executives. There is no IT staff on payroll.

> >

> > A professional IT organization would have not have rolled this out this way. They've owned their mistake(s) and if there's a next time I'd bet it'd be done much better. ¯\\_(ツ)_/¯

> >

>

> I don't know that is true. I think this site generates a tidy sum. I've never seen easy post otherwise. If you have facts I'd like to hear them.

What part isn't true ? You seem to indicate I said it doesn't generate any revenue. I don't believe I said that.

Titleist Pro V1X