What up with Jordan?

tsecor

Do you guys think Jordan Spieth will bounce back anytime soon or will his slump continue through a good portion of 2019? He recently sated " “Putting's back. It’s very close to being top of the world again,” (Spieth said after he missed the cut in his last start at THE PLAYERS.)

So, what are your thoughts? The quote seemed odd given he is 81st in strokes gained in putting. With the Masters coming up, I am thinking he comes out of his slump and sits atop the leaderboard at some point during the weekend.

He just has to eliminate the big numbers. His driving accuracy is killing him. Look at these stats;

Par 3 scoring average; 7th

Par 3 birdie percent; 5th

Par 4 scoring average; 144th

Par 5 scoring average; 168th

That combination of stats tells me his driving accuracy is his problem and not much else.

He's a good player. No doubt about that. I think what ails him is that he got really good really fast without overthinking things. Once he became elite, he suddenly became someone who thinks he needs to be super precise about his game. You see it in his "discussions" with he caddie. He's talking about everything else (blades of grass, wind down to the 0.001 mph, his hair being messy, I've got to hit it on this little spot with 7/8's swing with a closed face, etc...) rather than see the shot and hit the shot. He's become lost in the minutia of the swing and can't play at an elite level any more. It's called paralysis by analysis and I don't know if he can reverse it. Sure, he can play great, but he also will go out and shite the bed for any number or holes or rounds. And the worse he plays, the worse his thinking process gets. At least that's what I see on TV.

That and his fundamental swing flaw that totally relies on timing and when it's off, it's a crushing hook or big block. Other than that, he's good.

• Like 2

Ping G400 9º TFC 419 Stiff at 45"

Jazz 3 wd Powercoil Stiff
Rogue 3iron Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
X2 Hot 4-AW Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
Vokey SM2 52º cc, SM4 56°, SM4 60°
Ping Sigma2 Valor at 34.75"
MCC Align Midsize

Another one of these...really?!

• Like 1

Titleist TSR2 8.25* Project X EvenFlow T1100 White 6.0
Titleist TSR3 15* Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist U505 3 Iron Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist T200/T150 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
Titleist Vokey SM9 50.08F, 54.12D (Raw) & 60.04L (Raw) True Temper S200
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

I figure he is going to make a miracle happen at the masters and finish top 3, like he seems to always do there.

But he went hunting some extra distance and it just killed him off the tee and then it put so much more pressure on all the other parts of his game that it was unrealistic to keep up his regular level of play and not regress to the mean. When he was winning he was averaging 290ish off the tee, but like last years Masters he just got really prone to hitting some awful drives like on 18 in the final round when he hit it like 60 yards and didnt make the fairway.

> @jonsnow said:

> > @Ferguson said:

> > Drugs, marriage, struggles or swollen glands - take your pick.

> > Who knows?

>

> You forgot Groats. There's always the possibility of Groats.

>

>

I know. It's hard to talk about.

An estimated 1 out of every 15,437 golfers is suspected of having Groats.

Spieth's mind is actually his biggest weakness.

> @Socrates said:

> He's a good player. No doubt about that. I think what ails him is that he got really good really fast without overthinking things. Once he became elite, he suddenly became someone who thinks he needs to be super precise about his game. You see it in his "discussions" with he caddie. He's talking about everything else (blades of grass, wind down to the 0.001 mph, his hair being messy, I've got to hit it on this little spot with 7/8's swing with a closed face, etc...) rather than see the shot and hit the shot. He's become lost in the minutia of the swing and can't play at an elite level any more. It's called paralysis by analysis and I don't know if he can reverse it. Sure, he can play great, but he also will go out and shite the bed for any number or holes or rounds. And the worse he plays, the worse his thinking process gets. At least that's what I see on TV.

>

> That and his fundamental swing flaw that totally relies on timing and when it's off, it's a crushing hook or big block. Other than that, he's good.

> @"Cool Runnings" said:

> Spieth's mind is actually his biggest weakness.

>

> > @Socrates said:

> > He's a good player. No doubt about that. I think what ails him is that he got really good really fast without overthinking things. Once he became elite, he suddenly became someone who thinks he needs to be super precise about his game. You see it in his "discussions" with he caddie. He's talking about everything else (blades of grass, wind down to the 0.001 mph, his hair being messy, I've got to hit it on this little spot with 7/8's swing with a closed face, etc...) rather than see the shot and hit the shot. He's become lost in the minutia of the swing and can't play at an elite level any more. It's called paralysis by analysis and I don't know if he can reverse it. Sure, he can play great, but he also will go out and shite the bed for any number or holes or rounds. And the worse he plays, the worse his thinking process gets. At least that's what I see on TV.

> >

> > That and his fundamental swing flaw that totally relies on timing and when it's off, it's a crushing hook or big block. Other than that, he's good.

>

>

Lol. Yep. Best displayed during his back 9 win at the open. Or his post 12 “meltdown “ at Augusta when he bounces back and nearly catches willet. Or maybe last years 4th round at Augusta when he very nearly breaks the scoring record he’d already tied while in the midst of a huge slump. Crazy how mentally weak he is. If he were strong im sure that text book swing and huge power game with driver would have netted him 8 majors by now.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

YJS is just a 3-hit wonder. Or 14-hit wonder, depending on what you count.

Flash in the pan, certainly no Jeff Maggert or Heath Slocum in terms of longevity.

Callaway XR16 SubZero Aldila Rogue I/O 70X
Callaway Apex Utility Wood 19* Fujikura Ventus TR Red 60
Callaway UT 18* KBS C-Taper X
Titleist 818 H2 21*
Mizuno Pro 223 4-PW KBS DG X100
Vokey SM7 52* F
Vokey SM7 58* D
Sizemore XB-1

The past does not equal the present or future. Everything has changed. Spieth is in mental free-fall and there’s no clear off ramp, it’s now bleeding into his technical game. And positive thinking won’t help.

> @bladehunter said:

> > @"Cool Runnings" said:

> > Spieth's mind is actually his biggest weakness.

> >

> > > @Socrates said:

> > > He's a good player. No doubt about that. I think what ails him is that he got really good really fast without overthinking things. Once he became elite, he suddenly became someone who thinks he needs to be super precise about his game. You see it in his "discussions" with he caddie. He's talking about everything else (blades of grass, wind down to the 0.001 mph, his hair being messy, I've got to hit it on this little spot with 7/8's swing with a closed face, etc...) rather than see the shot and hit the shot. He's become lost in the minutia of the swing and can't play at an elite level any more. It's called paralysis by analysis and I don't know if he can reverse it. Sure, he can play great, but he also will go out and shite the bed for any number or holes or rounds. And the worse he plays, the worse his thinking process gets. At least that's what I see on TV.

> > >

> > > That and his fundamental swing flaw that totally relies on timing and when it's off, it's a crushing hook or big block. Other than that, he's good.

> >

> >

>

>

> Lol. Yep. Best displayed during his back 9 win at the open. Or his post 12 “meltdown “ at Augusta when he bounces back and nearly catches willet. Or maybe last years 4th round at Augusta when he very nearly breaks the scoring record he’d already tied while in the midst of a huge slump. Crazy how mentally weak he is. If he were strong im sure that text book swing and huge power game with driver would have netted him 8 majors by now.

>

> @tsecor said:

> > @Rangeballz said:

> > If I had a dime for every Jordan Spieth thread..........

>

> how much would you have?

Enough to start a Tiger thread.

MCC Align Midsize

> @bladehunter said:

> Jordan must be playing ok today. Horschell has 5-6 birdies and is only 1 up through 10.

Neither one of them can putt. They just said that Spieth is 189th in putting from inside 10' this year. That's the kind of stat that will get you on the Web.com Tour soon. Fortunately, he's exempt for who knows how long.

MCC Align Midsize

> @bladehunter said:

> Jordan must be playing ok today. Horschell has 5-6 birdies and is only 1 up through 10.

It appears Billy Ho also made 5 bogeys.

Titleist TSR4 9° Tensei AV White 65

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TSR3 24° Diamana Ahina

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

> @Socrates said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > Jordan must be playing ok today. Horschell has 5-6 birdies and is only 1 up through 10.

>

> Neither one of them can putt. They just said that Spieth is 189th in putting from inside 10' this year. That's the kind of stat that will get you on the Web.com Tour soon. Fortunately, he's exempt for who knows how long.

>

>

Less than 2% difference in make percentage now vs 2017 and less than 3% difference vs 2015 and 2016 when he was number 1 in OWGR.

He’s never been great inside 10’

• Like 1

> @"Cool Runnings" said:

> The past does not equal the present or future. Everything has changed. Spieth is in mental free-fall and there’s no clear off ramp, it’s now bleeding into his technical game. And positive thinking won’t help.

>

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > @"Cool Runnings" said:

> > > Spieth's mind is actually his biggest weakness.

> > >

> > > > @Socrates said:

> > > > He's a good player. No doubt about that. I think what ails him is that he got really good really fast without overthinking things. Once he became elite, he suddenly became someone who thinks he needs to be super precise about his game. You see it in his "discussions" with he caddie. He's talking about everything else (blades of grass, wind down to the 0.001 mph, his hair being messy, I've got to hit it on this little spot with 7/8's swing with a closed face, etc...) rather than see the shot and hit the shot. He's become lost in the minutia of the swing and can't play at an elite level any more. It's called paralysis by analysis and I don't know if he can reverse it. Sure, he can play great, but he also will go out and shite the bed for any number or holes or rounds. And the worse he plays, the worse his thinking process gets. At least that's what I see on TV.

> > > >

> > > > That and his fundamental swing flaw that totally relies on timing and when it's off, it's a crushing hook or big block. Other than that, he's good.

> > >

> > >

> >

> >

> > Lol. Yep. Best displayed during his back 9 win at the open. Or his post 12 “meltdown “ at Augusta when he bounces back and nearly catches willet. Or maybe last years 4th round at Augusta when he very nearly breaks the scoring record he’d already tied while in the midst of a huge slump. Crazy how mentally weak he is. If he were strong im sure that text book swing and huge power game with driver would have netted him 8 majors by now.

> >

>

You suggest negative thinking ?

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

2 birdies on 17-18 to claw back to a halve. Not exactly a choke job today. Plenty left to do but good grief I’ll say again.

You can gauge this kids talent and aptitude by the amount of hate he generates and threads like this. Only tiger generates more.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Honest, hardwork and process based thinking will be a good start. He essentially needs to follow in Rory's footsteps but find himself in his own way. Easier said than done.

> @bladehunter said:

> > @"Cool Runnings" said:

> > The past does not equal the present or future. Everything has changed. Spieth is in mental free-fall and there’s no clear off ramp, it’s now bleeding into his technical game. And positive thinking won’t help.

> >

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > @"Cool Runnings" said:

> > > > Spieth's mind is actually his biggest weakness.

> > > >

> > > > > @Socrates said:

> > > > > He's a good player. No doubt about that. I think what ails him is that he got really good really fast without overthinking things. Once he became elite, he suddenly became someone who thinks he needs to be super precise about his game. You see it in his "discussions" with he caddie. He's talking about everything else (blades of grass, wind down to the 0.001 mph, his hair being messy, I've got to hit it on this little spot with 7/8's swing with a closed face, etc...) rather than see the shot and hit the shot. He's become lost in the minutia of the swing and can't play at an elite level any more. It's called paralysis by analysis and I don't know if he can reverse it. Sure, he can play great, but he also will go out and shite the bed for any number or holes or rounds. And the worse he plays, the worse his thinking process gets. At least that's what I see on TV.

> > > > >

> > > > > That and his fundamental swing flaw that totally relies on timing and when it's off, it's a crushing hook or big block. Other than that, he's good.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> > > Lol. Yep. Best displayed during his back 9 win at the open. Or his post 12 “meltdown “ at Augusta when he bounces back and nearly catches willet. Or maybe last years 4th round at Augusta when he very nearly breaks the scoring record he’d already tied while in the midst of a huge slump. Crazy how mentally weak he is. If he were strong im sure that text book swing and huge power game with driver would have netted him 8 majors by now.

> > >

> >

>

> You suggest negative thinking ?

@"Cool Runnings" I don’t disagree as a whole. I do think McCormick May be over doing the info thing. But I don’t think he’s being dishonest. I think he believes he’s close on some parts. But I’m not sure Rory is the best example. He’s not exactly a model of putting prowess every round yet.

Go back to playing golf and the course and forget all the voices and tips. No video. No nothing. Ball flight and feel.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock