2019 Taylormade Spider X

Mabyboi

> @skyw369 said:

> Talked to TaylorMade tonight and they said the 34 inch Spider X came with 2 gram weights stock.

I would presume that the 35" has 2g weights as well?

PING G430 LST 10.5° | DIAMANA GT 60X

COBRA DARKSPEED X 3HF 16.5° | HZRDUS BLACK 70X

PING G425 7W 20.5° | DIAMANA GT 70X

SRIXON ZX5 5-6 | MMT TAPER 105TX

SRIXON ZX7 7-PW | MMT TAPER 105TX

PING GLIDE 4.0 50°/54°/58° | MMT WEDGE 125TX

ODYSSEY TRI-HOT 5K SEVEN DB

SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND 

Am I crazy to think that these run a little "short" (maybe from lie angle or setting up a little differently or something)?

I currently use a BB1 at 34 in (stock 70 lie) and was playing around with these at the local Roger Dunn yesterday and just felt like I was gripping naturally at the very very end of the 34 in grip which made me think I should custom order at 34.5 in or bite the bullet for a full putter fitting somewhere to figure out if I need the lie changed or length or what. Definitely did like the way it was rolling though (blue slant neck with the wide sightline).

> @KParks said:

> Am I crazy to think that these run a little "short" (maybe from lie angle or setting up a little differently or something)?

> I currently use a BB1 at 34 in (stock 70 lie) and was playing around with these at the local Roger Dunn yesterday and just felt like I was gripping naturally at the very very end of the 34 in grip which made me think I should custom order at 34.5 in or bite the bullet for a full putter fitting somewhere to figure out if I need the lie changed or length or what. Definitely did like the way it was rolling though (blue plumbers neck with the wide sightline).

There was a plumbers neck Spider X at your local Roger Dunn, I thought they only had slant neck and single bend? I thought those were only tour issue heads so far.....lucky guy!

SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND 

> @agoodmanmbk said:

> > @KParks said:

> > Am I crazy to think that these run a little "short" (maybe from lie angle or setting up a little differently or something)?

> > I currently use a BB1 at 34 in (stock 70 lie) and was playing around with these at the local Roger Dunn yesterday and just felt like I was gripping naturally at the very very end of the 34 in grip which made me think I should custom order at 34.5 in or bite the bullet for a full putter fitting somewhere to figure out if I need the lie changed or length or what. Definitely did like the way it was rolling though (blue plumbers neck with the wide sightline).

>

> There was a plumbers neck Spider X at your local Roger Dunn, I thought they only had slant neck and single bend? I thought those were only tour issue heads so far.....lucky guy!

Sorry, over simplified, you are right, it is the slant neck, not the single bend, just the normal one. Not a "true" plumber's neck, wasn't sure what to call it exactly since it wasn't the single bend.

> @Kazfury said:

> For me, Black Spider Tour > Spider X. Spider X was too heavy for me and my stroke didn't feel smooth. Also, I prefer the insert on the Black Spider Tour, much softer.

That's interesting, because the new insert in the Spider X is between the insert of the Spider Tour Red and the insert of the Spider Tour Black. It's 80% Surlyn and 20% aluminum actually.

Just got the 6g weights for my Spider X. Putter felt good off the rack but feels even better now

SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND 

I like the feel of the X over the Tour Black.

Titleist TSR3 9* - Ventus TR Blue 6X

Taylormade Stealth 2 15* - Ventus TR Blue 8X

Callaway Apex UW 19* - Ventus TR Blue 8X

Titleist T200 4i - Axiom 105X

Titleist T100 5-PW KBS Tour 130X
Titleist Vokey SM9 Raw 50/56/60 - KBS Tour 130X

Scotty Cameron Circle T Tour Rat Newport

> @gioria126 said:

> > @SuperBombin said:

> > gioria126 said:

> >

> >

> > I was making more putts with navy. My guess is that the color contrast of the white alignment aid works better against a dark background and I felt it made me see the lines better than the copper. The navy helps me “laser in” my focus and vision of the ball going into the hole. I don’t get that feeling with the copper. 

>

> Yes, that's my feeling & suspect too. Anyway I will sell my copper and get a navy. Tks!

Instead of selling the copper, I decided to send it to repaint into matte black. Will show the picture of my new "Spider X black" when I get it.

• Like 1

I'd like to see TM refine the looks of the short slant neck on the Spider putters. It's too square looking, make it rounder and it would look way better. For a $300+ putter it looks like the neck was an after thought to me.

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 19*, 22*

Maltby TS3 Forged 5-9

Vokey SM7 46F, 52F, 58M

PING BeCu Anser

Srixon QST

> @brew4eagle said:

> I'd like to see TM refine the looks of the short slant neck on the Spider putters. It's too square looking, make it rounder and it would look way better. For a $300+ putter it looks like the neck was an after thought to me.

Here ya go,,,,,,,,,,,, 'course it's not a slant neck but,,,,,,,,,,,,, maybe you could have it specially modified ?

![](https://keyassets.timeincuk.net/inspirewp/live/wp-content/uploads/sites/5/2018/10/Spider-Mini_Address_Red_229843841_363966872-630x473.jpg "")

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Titleist 716 AP-1  5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, DGS300

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 34*, RED, BGT Stability

Titleist Pro V1X

> @nsxguy said:

> > @brew4eagle said:

> > I'd like to see TM refine the looks of the short slant neck on the Spider putters. It's too square looking, make it rounder and it would look way better. For a $300+ putter it looks like the neck was an after thought to me.

>

> Here ya go,,,,,,,,,,,, 'course it's not a slant neck but,,,,,,,,,,,,, maybe you could have it specially modified ?

>

> ![](https://keyassets.timeincuk.net/inspirewp/live/wp-content/uploads/sites/5/2018/10/Spider-Mini_Address_Red_229843841_363966872-630x473.jpg "")

>

>

>

I alway thought out of all the slant neck mallet putters, TM got it right compared to other company’s offerings.

• Like 1

Ping G430 Max 10K 10.5° driver - Diamana GT 60S

Ping G430 Max 15° #3 fairway - Diamana TB 70S

Ping G430 Max 21° #7 fairway - Diamana TB 80S

Ping G430 Max 26° #5 hybrid - MMTh 90S

Mizuno Pro 243 4-PW irons - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 48°-10S wedge - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 54°-10S and 60°-06X wedges - MMT Scoring Wedge 105S

Ping PLD Ally Blue 4

Titleist Pro V1x

Hey > @agoodmanmbk said:

> Just got the 6g weights for my Spider X. Putter felt good off the rack but feels even better now

Where did you get the weights?

[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][size=3]TM M6 9 deg.w/ Tensei Pro White 70TX[/size]
[size=3]TM SIM Ti 15deg w/ Tensei Pro White 80TX[/size]
[size=3]​TM P790 3i w/ Tensei Pro White 90TX[/size]
[size=3]TM P790 4i w/ Nippon 125X[/size]
[size=3]Srixon 765 5-PW w/ Nippon 125X[/size]
[size=3]TM Milled Grind 50deg, 54deg, and 58deg High Toe w/ Nippon 125X[/size]
[size=3]TM Spider X Copper[/size][/font]

> @edryer3 said:

> Hey > @agoodmanmbk said:

> > Just got the 6g weights for my Spider X. Putter felt good off the rack but feels even better now

>

> Where did you get the weights?

>

> never mind found them on TM website. Didn’t know they were out now! Thanks

[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][size=3]TM M6 9 deg.w/ Tensei Pro White 70TX[/size]
[size=3]TM SIM Ti 15deg w/ Tensei Pro White 80TX[/size]
[size=3]​TM P790 3i w/ Tensei Pro White 90TX[/size]
[size=3]TM P790 4i w/ Nippon 125X[/size]
[size=3]Srixon 765 5-PW w/ Nippon 125X[/size]
[size=3]TM Milled Grind 50deg, 54deg, and 58deg High Toe w/ Nippon 125X[/size]
[size=3]TM Spider X Copper[/size][/font]

> @nsxguy said:

> > @brew4eagle said:

> > I'd like to see TM refine the looks of the short slant neck on the Spider putters. It's too square looking, make it rounder and it would look way better. For a $300+ putter it looks like the neck was an after thought to me.

>

> Here ya go,,,,,,,,,,,, 'course it's not a slant neck but,,,,,,,,,,,,, maybe you could have it specially modified ?

>

> ![](https://keyassets.timeincuk.net/inspirewp/live/wp-content/uploads/sites/5/2018/10/Spider-Mini_Address_Red_229843841_363966872-630x473.jpg "")

>

What's the relevance of a double bend shaft to my comment? Just suggesting softer edges/roundness on TM's slant neck. Their current offering looks like a first pass prototype to me, especially at the crazy price for a Spider X. That's all, no need to reply.

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 19*, 22*

Maltby TS3 Forged 5-9

Vokey SM7 46F, 52F, 58M

PING BeCu Anser

Srixon QST

The honeymoon is over between me and my X. She gave me some crap for the first time last round out on some super slow greens. Having said that, this is my favorite putter of all time and I would not trade it for any putter available. I used a Ping Redwood Answer for many years, and then a SC for several years. I did not enjoy any of the Spider Tours at all. These were all used at 35" and left hand low.

Now with the 34" X and hands at equal height opposing each other, for the first time in 40+ years of golf I am rolling putts and at least making the ones I should consistently. The icing is I am making some that I can't expect and scaring the hole on a significant number of others. I honestly disliked putting...until the X and my new set up. This is FUN!!

Driver- Titleist TsR2 with Graphite Design Tour AD

4w - Titleist Tsi2 with Tensei Raw Blue shaft

19 Hy - Titleist 818 H1 with Atmos Tour Spec

23 Hy - Titleist 818 with Graphite Design Tour AD-DI shaft

5i-PW - Bridgestone J15 CB with Recoil F4 110 shafts

50,54,and 58 Wilson Staff wedges with SF shafts

Ping Prime Tyne 4 PSD

It snowed here in Indy last night. I was hoping to get out and practice putting with my new Spider X today, but no such luck. I ended up changing my 34 inch for a 35 inch, as it just seemed alittle short. I guess I will be rolling it inside for the foreseeable future. Maybe next weekend.

LEFT HANDED

Titleist TSR3 with Metaflex 5H shaft (currently testing the Proxima 6 stiff shaft)
Titleist TSR2 16.5 degree fwy with Ventus Red 7 stiff shaft
Ping G430 19 and 22 degree hybrids with Ventus Blue HB 8 stiff shaft
Srixon ZX7 mkii 5-PW with Fuji Axiom 105 stiff shafts

Titleist SM9 50F, 54D, 58T wedge with Fuji Axiom 105 stiff shafts
L.A.B. MEZZ Max putter with LAGP putter shaft

> @brew4eagle said:

> > @nsxguy said:

> > > @brew4eagle said:

> > > I'd like to see TM refine the looks of the short slant neck on the Spider putters. It's too square looking, make it rounder and it would look way better. For a $300+ putter it looks like the neck was an after thought to me.

> >

> > Here ya go,,,,,,,,,,,, 'course it's not a slant neck but,,,,,,,,,,,,, maybe you could have it specially modified ?

> >

> > ![](https://keyassets.timeincuk.net/inspirewp/live/wp-content/uploads/sites/5/2018/10/Spider-Mini_Address_Red_229843841_363966872-630x473.jpg "")

> >

>

>

> What's the relevance of a double bend shaft to my comment? Just suggesting softer edges/roundness on TM's slant neck. Their current offering looks like a first pass prototype to me, especially at the crazy price for a Spider X.

![](https://media.giphy.com/media/u0wjfPZ61VdmM/giphy.gif "")

Titleist Pro V1X

> @jbole267 said:

> Played my first round with the blue spider x yesterday. Thing was money -- short ones no problem, and holed a mid-long range.

> Will stay for a while longer.

Yeah, all my putters are in the bag on a temporary basis. LOL

I have a SBST stroke but I putted well in the store with the blue flanged version and at $249 in mint condition I had to do it.

Played my first 2 rounds with it in the last few days and really like it. Made a few that I would've had issues with before and (especially) the distance control with this thing is excellent,,,,,,

Titleist Pro V1X

I sold the original DJ black Spider I had because of the dampening insert. I just could not get the ball to the hole on long putts. If this new insert is better I would like to try one again. Does this new insert feel more solid? Anyone?

Bettinardi BB8 Reserve 300 pcs. 33"

Byron Morgan 615 33"

> @maverick said:

> I sold the original DJ black Spider I had because of the dampening insert. I just could not get the ball to the hole on long putts. If this new insert is better I would like to try one again. Does this new insert feel more solid? Anyone?

To me, the insert on the X feels softer. If that means more solid, yes. I had the Tour Black and thought it felt and sounded harder that the X. That being said, my distance control was/is not great with either. However, our course is in Spring transition and the greens are rolling very inconsistantly right now. I expect my distance control to get better. I will say, however, that I didn't 3 putt in my first 3 rounds with the X and it wasn't until I realized that fact that I immediately three putt the next long putt. :smile:

Hope that helps some. It's really hard to describe because feel is such a subjective thing.

> @jbole267 said:

> Just decided to check out Taylormade site, saw they dropped their masters releases for headcovers. Grabbed the spider x one! Not sure if they're heavily stocked but thought people should know!

>

> Also,

> Has anyone put 12g weights in this yet? Close to buying to give it a shot.

Link? or are they gone?

> @ruffellprefley said:

> > @jbole267 said:

> > Just decided to check out Taylormade site, saw they dropped their masters releases for headcovers. Grabbed the spider x one! Not sure if they're heavily stocked but thought people should know!

> >

> > Also,

> > Has anyone put 12g weights in this yet? Close to buying to give it a shot.

>

> Link? or are they gone?

I think they're still there. I think Canada website only.

Looks like nothing on US.

https://www.taylormadegolf.ca/Season-Opener-Spider-Putter-Headcover/DW-ANW80.html?dwvar_DW-ANW80_color=M71309&lang=en_CA&cgid=taylormade-accessories-components#lang=en_CA&start=1&

> @jbole267 said:

> Just decided to check out Taylormade site, saw they dropped their masters releases for headcovers. Grabbed the spider x one! Not sure if they're heavily stocked but thought people should know!

>

> Also,

> Has anyone put 12g weights in this yet? Close to buying to give it a shot.

I put the 12g weights in my Spider X and it woke up my putting. Was having issues with speed control but now its fixed. This thing is point and shoot. Best putter I have ever owned.

Taylormade Stealth 2 12* Autoflex 505
Taylormade Stealth HD 3 5 7 woods Speeder

Taylormade Stealth HD 5-PW Ventus stiff

Titleist Vokey SM9 46 54 58
Scotty Cameron Phantom 5
Titleist ProV1x. 

Nearly a month in and about 12 rounds and so far so good. Easily my favorite putter in a long, long time. Very confident and making more putts than in recent past. Just ordered some heavier weights to see what that does.

The copper color seems to be holding up well to normal use. I have not been babying it or anything, just normal putter use, including tamping down pitch marks, and removing debris from the green surface and no chips or damage I can see. The color almost looks like an anodizing or stain rather than paint, kind hard to describe, but it seems much more durable than what I've seen on the older models.

As far as the headcover, I'm keeping it unless I come across a good deal on a special edition one, and then only if its the same cover construction just a different color or design. The stock cover is very padded and cushy and does a very good job of protecting the putter when in the bag. It may not be the most attractive, but as previously posted it looks pretty good with the G400 headcovers and is not an eyesore.

Overall very happy with this putter!