Marc21Golf

> @jcorna01 said:

> > @Marc21Golf said:

> > > @jcorna01 said:

> > > > @Marc21Golf said:

> > > > > @jcorna01 said:

> > > > > > @Marc21Golf said:

> > > > > > Update again.

> > > > > > Went back and hit all the clubs again. Is there a club in the MP line or any other line offered that is comparable to the 919 Forged that I could try? That would offer me the same forgiveness?

> > > > > > I'm rulling out the MP18 and the 919 Tours, although I love the head size/shape, i definitely want/need some help for off centered strikes. Im afraid i'll regret my purchase because they aren't forgiving at all lol.

> > > > > > Still on the list unless theres more out there you reccomend to try

> > > > > > ~~JPX 919 Tour~~

> > > > > > JPX 919 Forged

> > > > > > JPX 919 Hot Metal Pro

> > > > > > ~~JPX MP18~~

> > > > > > JPX MP18 MMC / SC Combo?

> > > > >

> > > > > I think MMC would be the closest to the forged from Mizuno. I'm a similar HC to you and i'm going to hit the Hot Metal Pro's and 919 forged during my fitting on Friday. Only serious non-Mizuno contender is Srixon at this point but i'm also intrigued by the G410's,

> > > >

> > > > Tigers fan eh? Where are you doing your fitting? I'm also in Michigan. Let me know how your fitting goes and if you recommend their services!

> > >

> > > Yes...tough times for Tiger fans. I'm going to Miles of Golf in Ann Arbor/Ypsi.

> >

> > Are you doing a Basixx or Maxx fitting? Just curious

>

> I'm doing the Maxx.

Thanks, really interested to here what you have to say for that. I'm going to base my fitting off of what you tell me lol. Either Maxx at the Cluboratory or Carl's Golfland

> @Marc21Golf said:

> > @jcorna01 said:

> > > @Marc21Golf said:

> > > > @jcorna01 said:

> > > > > @Marc21Golf said:

> > > > > > @jcorna01 said:

> > > > > > > @Marc21Golf said:

> > > > > > > Update again.

> > > > > > > Went back and hit all the clubs again. Is there a club in the MP line or any other line offered that is comparable to the 919 Forged that I could try? That would offer me the same forgiveness?

> > > > > > > I'm rulling out the MP18 and the 919 Tours, although I love the head size/shape, i definitely want/need some help for off centered strikes. Im afraid i'll regret my purchase because they aren't forgiving at all lol.

> > > > > > > Still on the list unless theres more out there you reccomend to try

> > > > > > > ~~JPX 919 Tour~~

> > > > > > > JPX 919 Forged

> > > > > > > JPX 919 Hot Metal Pro

> > > > > > > ~~JPX MP18~~

> > > > > > > JPX MP18 MMC / SC Combo?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I think MMC would be the closest to the forged from Mizuno. I'm a similar HC to you and i'm going to hit the Hot Metal Pro's and 919 forged during my fitting on Friday. Only serious non-Mizuno contender is Srixon at this point but i'm also intrigued by the G410's,

> > > > >

> > > > > Tigers fan eh? Where are you doing your fitting? I'm also in Michigan. Let me know how your fitting goes and if you recommend their services!

> > > >

> > > > Yes...tough times for Tiger fans. I'm going to Miles of Golf in Ann Arbor/Ypsi.

> > >

> > > Are you doing a Basixx or Maxx fitting? Just curious

> >

> > I'm doing the Maxx.

>

> Thanks, really interested to here what you have to say for that. I'm going to base my fitting off of what you tell me lol. Either Maxx at the Cluboratory or Carl's Golfland

I’m doing my driver fitting at Carl’s next Friday (have some gift cards there) so will be interested to compare the two places.

Gotta say I have done my Mizuno fittings at Miles of Golf and Shawn does a pretty darn good job.

Driver-Titleist TS3 9.5* w/Project X Evenflow White 65 X-Stiff
3W-Titleist TS3 15.75* w/Project X Evenflow white 65 X-Stiff
Mizuno MMC Fli-Hi 3 iron w/KBS C-Taper 130X (bent to 17.5*)
4-PW Mizuno MP-18 MBw/KBS C-Taper 130X
Mizuno T7 52/09 w/KBS C-Taper 130X soft stepped
Mizuno T7 56/10 w/KBS C-Taper 130X soft stepped
Bridgestone Tour B X

> @Albatross71 said:

> Gotta say I have done my Mizuno fittings at Miles of Golf and Shawn does a pretty darn good job.

looking at your WITB, you are a far better player than myself. I think i'll set up an appointment with them. I just want to hear what @jcorna01 has to say about his experience. I'm a fanboy yes, but my options are open to see what works best for me! Any tips going in for a fitting at MoG for the first time?

> @Marc21Golf said:

> > @Albatross71 said:

> > Gotta say I have done my Mizuno fittings at Miles of Golf and Shawn does a pretty darn good job.

>

> looking at your WITB, you are a far better player than myself. I think i'll set up an appointment with them. I just want to hear what @jcorna01 has to say about his experience. I'm a fanboy yes, but my options are open to see what works best for me! Any tips going in for a fitting at MoG for the first time?

Totally understand, I prefer the traditional look of a club when I am addressing the ball. I go in with a very open mind set and want to know what would work the best for me. Shawn has always asked if I am open to anything else and of course I am, I even tell him if he sees me doing anything "out of the ordinary" fell free to let me know and he has. I never think I am a better player than someone else, I do know that I became a better player once I became fitted. I guess if I was to compare both fitting locations I see the difference when I hear people in the store who have driven from Grand Rapids, Toledo, and other places that are "a drive away" coming to MOG. I also look at the two as one being a big box and sometimes trying to "push you" towards a certain brand and the other being a mom and pop shop. Chris Miles is there on a regular basis it seems as well, when the owner asks me if I need help with anything that means a lot. All in all it just my .02 and wouldn't go anywhere else.

Driver-Titleist TS3 9.5* w/Project X Evenflow White 65 X-Stiff
3W-Titleist TS3 15.75* w/Project X Evenflow white 65 X-Stiff
Mizuno MMC Fli-Hi 3 iron w/KBS C-Taper 130X (bent to 17.5*)
4-PW Mizuno MP-18 MBw/KBS C-Taper 130X
Mizuno T7 52/09 w/KBS C-Taper 130X soft stepped
Mizuno T7 56/10 w/KBS C-Taper 130X soft stepped
Bridgestone Tour B X

> @Marc21Golf said:

> > @Albatross71 said:

> > Gotta say I have done my Mizuno fittings at Miles of Golf and Shawn does a pretty darn good job.

>

> looking at your WITB, you are a far better player than myself. I think i'll set up an appointment with them. I just want to hear what @jcorna01 has to say about his experience. I'm a fanboy yes, but my options are open to see what works best for me! Any tips going in for a fitting at MoG for the first time?

Good experience at Miles of Golf. Decision came down to an iron I had been anticipating and one that came out of left field. Neither of them were Mizuno, unfortunately. I would have pegged it an 80% chance I walked out with 919 forged or hot Metal pros. The fitter had me hit my ”final 4” I had going in then put 2 or 3 other clubs in my hand to try and one almost got picked. So definitely be open to suggestions.

Definitely educational as well as the last time I’d been fit was pre-launch monitor. Happy to answer any specific questions you have. I have my driver fitting at Carl’s Friday, but I’d be perfectly comfortable going to Miles for that as well if I didn’t have the gift cards at Carl’s.

> @Marc21Golf said:

> > @LaymanM said:

> > > @Marc21Golf said:

> > > Update again.

> > > Went back and hit all the clubs again. Is there a club in the MP line or any other line offered that is comparable to the 919 Forged that I could try? That would offer me the same forgiveness?

> > > I'm rulling out the MP18 and the 919 Tours, although I love the head size/shape, i definitely want/need some help for off centered strikes. Im afraid i'll regret my purchase because they aren't forgiving at all lol.

> > > Still on the list unless theres more out there you reccomend to try

> > > ~~JPX 919 Tour~~

> > > JPX 919 Forged

> > > JPX 919 Hot Metal Pro

> > > ~~JPX MP18~~

> > > JPX MP18 MMC / SC Combo?

> >

> > Gonna have to go back a generation to MP-25. MP-5/MP-25 imo were much better than current mp-18 line. Understand your a fanboy but if you want to find a special iron the Srixon z785.

>

> I'm not familiar with the mp-5/mp-25. Are their MMC > @jcorna01 said:

> > > @Marc21Golf said:

> > > > @jcorna01 said:

> > > > > @Marc21Golf said:

> > > > > Update again.

> > > > > Went back and hit all the clubs again. Is there a club in the MP line or any other line offered that is comparable to the 919 Forged that I could try? That would offer me the same forgiveness?

> > > > > I'm rulling out the MP18 and the 919 Tours, although I love the head size/shape, i definitely want/need some help for off centered strikes. Im afraid i'll regret my purchase because they aren't forgiving at all lol.

> > > > > Still on the list unless theres more out there you reccomend to try

> > > > > ~~JPX 919 Tour~~

> > > > > JPX 919 Forged

> > > > > JPX 919 Hot Metal Pro

> > > > > ~~JPX MP18~~

> > > > > JPX MP18 MMC / SC Combo?

> > > >

> > > > I think MMC would be the closest to the forged from Mizuno. I'm a similar HC to you and i'm going to hit the Hot Metal Pro's and 919 forged during my fitting on Friday. Only serious non-Mizuno contender is Srixon at this point but i'm also intrigued by the G410's,

> > >

> > > Tigers fan eh? Where are you doing your fitting? I'm also in Michigan. Let me know how your fitting goes and if you recommend their services!

> >

> > Yes...tough times for Tiger fans. I'm going to Miles of Golf in Ann Arbor/Ypsi.

>

> I live in ypsi, but prefer carl's in plymouth usually. Let me know how your fitting goes when you're finished. i'm going to schedule a fitting soon after I hit the clubs a few more times!

I just did my iron fitting at MOG in ypsi a couple weeks ago. 919 forged easily won the day. Can't wait for weather to turn so i can hit them out on the course!

> @Marc21Golf said:

> My girlfriend and I recently moved in together... and she brought up the fact that every sports equipment and all my tennis shoes are Mizuno brand. So i'm thinking to myself... I should get Mizuno Irons! I currently have in the bag P790's. I picked up two Mizuno CLK hybrids (3 and 4) a few weeks ago at the local golf show, got them for a really good price I coudln't say no to. So i'm looking to get rid of my 4-A P790 and get something in the 5-A in Mizuno.

>

> I'm going to get fit for a set of Mizuno's but I don't know which one. With the 919's being out for a little bit now, any thoughts on what compares to the 790's? I recent hit the 919 forged, MMC and the MP18's, I love the look and the feel of them, but honestly i'm not good enough to play them. I'm a 12 hdcp and according to trackman I carry the MMC 6 iron 153 on average. I know it's due to the lofts, so I like the extra "distance" the P790's give me.

>

> What I love the most about the MMC and the MP18's was the smaller head shape and smaller heal to toe length, makes me feel there is less room to miss and I hit a majority of them out of the center, more often that I do with my P790. Bigger club face = more room to miss the middle, is that a thing? lol

>

>

>

> So long story short, anyone out there game the P790 and switched to a mizuno iron, or have something to compare? I know most of you will probably say to go try them all and I've tried some, but not all yet. That is coming this week with snow melting and a little warmer weather. For someone like me, is the MMC/Blade out of the question? Can I get them bent to stronger lofts to maybe help with some distance gapping?

I am also a 12 trending to 10, and shot 79 (MPB) this past week on a golf trip. I went from JPX900F's to P790's with Modus 130S, to JPX919F/T with Nippon SPO S and couldn't have been an easier transition from a distance standpoint, but gained what seems more consistancy from 8-9-PW-GW. My recommendation would be hit the HMPro's and the 919F and you shouldn't lose any distance and may even gain a little from the HMPro. Goodluck OP

PXG GEN6 0311 10.5*DRIVER/FUJI RED VELOCORE 6S/GP TW WHT

PXG GEN5 0311XF 17*FAIRWAY/FUJI MOTORE X F3 7S/GP TW WHT

PXG GEN3 0311XP 3 IRON/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG GEN3 0311P 4-PW/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG GEN4 0311P GW/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG SD II WEDGES/56/13&62/10/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/GP TW BLK

MACHINE M2A 1018RAW CS PUTTER/ACCRA I-STEEL/SS FLAT 1.0

• 2 weeks later...

> @jcorna01 said:

> > @Marc21Golf said:

> > > @Albatross71 said:

> > > Gotta say I have done my Mizuno fittings at Miles of Golf and Shawn does a pretty darn good job.

> >

> > looking at your WITB, you are a far better player than myself. I think i'll set up an appointment with them. I just want to hear what @jcorna01 has to say about his experience. I'm a fanboy yes, but my options are open to see what works best for me! Any tips going in for a fitting at MoG for the first time?

>

> Good experience at Miles of Golf. Decision came down to an iron I had been anticipating and one that came out of left field. Neither of them were Mizuno, unfortunately. I would have pegged it an 80% chance I walked out with 919 forged or hot Metal pros. The fitter had me hit my ”final 4” I had going in then put 2 or 3 other clubs in my hand to try and one almost got picked. So definitely be open to suggestions.

>

> Definitely educational as well as the last time I’d been fit was pre-launch monitor. Happy to answer any specific questions you have. I have my driver fitting at Carl’s Friday, but I’d be perfectly comfortable going to Miles for that as well if I didn’t have the gift cards at Carl’s.

How did your fitting at Carl's go? Would you recommend one sitting experience over the other? Btw... were the irons that came out of left field happen to be Srixon 785??? lol

> @Marc21Golf said:

> > @jcorna01 said:

> > > @Marc21Golf said:

> > > > @Albatross71 said:

> > > > Gotta say I have done my Mizuno fittings at Miles of Golf and Shawn does a pretty darn good job.

> > >

> > > looking at your WITB, you are a far better player than myself. I think i'll set up an appointment with them. I just want to hear what @jcorna01 has to say about his experience. I'm a fanboy yes, but my options are open to see what works best for me! Any tips going in for a fitting at MoG for the first time?

> >

> > Good experience at Miles of Golf. Decision came down to an iron I had been anticipating and one that came out of left field. Neither of them were Mizuno, unfortunately. I would have pegged it an 80% chance I walked out with 919 forged or hot Metal pros. The fitter had me hit my ”final 4” I had going in then put 2 or 3 other clubs in my hand to try and one almost got picked. So definitely be open to suggestions.

> >

> > Definitely educational as well as the last time I’d been fit was pre-launch monitor. Happy to answer any specific questions you have. I have my driver fitting at Carl’s Friday, but I’d be perfectly comfortable going to Miles for that as well if I didn’t have the gift cards at Carl’s.

>

> How did your fitting at Carl's go? Would you recommend one sitting experience over the other? Btw... were the irons that came out of left field happen to be Srixon 785??? lol

Actually I had to cancel my driver fitting because my wife got the flu. It was just a mess of a week and couldn't get out there.

The left field irons were actually the PING i210's. I went with the Srixon z585's. We're having another baby this fall so went with the more forgiving club with an eye on next year and drastically reduced practice time. I do have my eyes open for a good deal on i210's though as a good WRXer would.

Played a couple of rounds with P790 and didn't like it. Feel was weird and distance was meh. Got a set of HM Pro to try and loved it. It's longer, ridiculous forgiving and cheaper than most offerings. Sold my MP-18 after one week and didn't look back. My only grudge is you can see some of the back of 4 iron during set up. Not a big deal, I would still buy a 3 iron if they offered,

I would just keep your p790's. You have the best set of irons it seems for your handicap and distance with a 6 iron.

Titleist TSR3 8 deg - Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6X

Titleist TSi3 15 deg - Fujikura Ventus Black 8X

Titleist TSR3 19 deg - Fujikura Ventus Black HB 9TX

Titleist T200 4 - TT DG TI X100

Titleist T100 (2019) 5-PW - TT DG TI X100

Vokey SM9 Jet Black 50.12 F - TT DG TI Black Onyx X100

Vokey SM9 Jet Black 54.10 S - TT DG TI Black Onyx S400

Vokey SM9 Jet Black 58.08 M - TT DG TI Black Onyx S400

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

Titleist ProV1