tp5x

Comments

• emoemo milwaukee wisconsinMembers  874WRX Points: 95Posts: 874 Golden Tee

I am interested also

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • brushiebrushie Members  482WRX Points: 78Posts: 482 Greens

It’s easy to align. Goes where you aim it. Stroke lab takes some getting used to. I’m leaving everything short but on line.

Posted:
    Titleist TS3 10.5 Kuro Kage DC 70 TX
    Titleist TS2 3 Wood Evenflow 85
    Titleist 818 H2 19* Tensei White
    Titleist 718 AP3 KBS S Taper S+ 4 iron
    Titleist 718 CB KBS S Taper S+ 5-9
    Vokey Hand Ground by the Man himself 46F, 50F, 54K, 60V
    Scotty Cameron Toolbox 009
  • gmyers22gmyers22 Members  48WRX Points: 68Posts: 48 Bunkers

Here in the Midwest I only have 2 rounds in but so far I love it. I am coming from a Spider Tour and the Vegas just frames the ball so well. My distance control on slow greens so far has been excellent.
    Really looking forward to the season with the Vegas!

Posted:
  • tdog4tdog4 tdog4 TexasMembers  648WRX Points: 87Handicap: 9Posts: 648 Golden Tee

Had a Stroke Lab Toulon Las Vegas for a few weeks and just could not get used to the Stroke Lab shaft. Left everything short. I Liked the Original Toulon Portland with the heavier weight in it. I have moved on to the Taylormade Spider X and will not be needing to look any further for a putter. Point and shoot with it.
    Just my opinion though. Roll one for yourself and see.

Posted:
    Taylormade M4 10.5* Tensei Pro Blue 60
    Taylormade M4 HZRDUS Red 75
    Taylormade M3 4h. Aldila Black. 
    Taylormade M3 5h. Aldila Black. 
    Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal 6-PW
    Titleist SM7 46,50,54,58
    Scotty Cameron Golo 5. 
    Taylormade TP5X balls
  • boycer11boycer11 ClubWRX  3591WRX Points: 173Posts: 3,591 ClubWRX

On -, @tdog4 said:

Had a Stroke Lab Toulon Las Vegas for a few weeks and just could not get used to the Stroke Lab shaft. Left everything short. I Liked the Original Toulon Portland with the heavier weight in it. I have moved on to the Taylormade Spider X and will not be needing to look any further for a putter. Point and shoot with it.
    Just my opinion though. Roll one for yourself and see.

I have the spider x now. Guess I shouldn't change.

Posted:
    Ping G410 lst diamana bf
    Ping g410lst 3 wood accra tz6
    Epic flash 5 wood tensei blue
    ping g410 tensei hybrid
    Epon 705 5-gw Oban ct115
    Callaway MD5 54/58
    taylormade my spider 
    ping hoofer
    tp5x
  • RonnieoRonnieo Members  105WRX Points: 86Handicap: +3Posts: 105 Fairways

I love my Las Vegas putter, the look and feel are phenomenal. I didn’t do the stroke lab shaft just a standard black shaft.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • golf4fungolf4fun ClubWRX  579WRX Points: 84Posts: 579 ClubWRX

I’ve been wanting the Palm Beach, but not sure about the stroke lab(will it be a passing fad?). Using a garage Memphis MR and love it !

Posted:
  • t4t3rt4t3r Members  3066WRX Points: 397Posts: 3,066 Titanium Tees

Rolled the LV at PGA SS and loved it. Sets up great, has excellent weighting especially with the stroke lab shaft that basically swings itself, and feel off the face is as good as anything. Price is the only killer for me but will probably be able to pick one up for a song in a few months.

Posted:
    Ping G410 LST 10.5* - PX HZRDUS Yellow 6.5
    Titleist TS2 16.5* - Diamana S+ 72x
    Callaway Epic Flash Heavenwood 20* - Fujikura Speeder TR 857x
    Bridgestone J40 CB 4-PW - DG Tour Issue AMT X100
    Bridgestone J15 50.08 - DG Tour Issue S400
    Callaway MD4 54.10S - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge
    Taylormade Milled Grind 58.12 - DG Wedge
    Taylormade Spider X
    Bridgestone Tour B XS

On -, @t4t3r said:

Rolled the LV at PGA SS and loved it. Sets up great, has excellent weighting especially with the stroke lab shaft that basically swings itself, and feel off the face is as good as anything. Price is the only killer for me but will probably be able to pick one up for a song in a few months.

I'm keeping my eye open, course I want the pistol grip and 33-34" so it might be hard to find one at a big discount.

Posted:
    Ping G410 lst diamana bf
    ping g410 tensei hybrid
    Epon 705 5-gw Oban ct115
    Callaway MD5 54/58
    taylormade my spider 
    ping hoofer
    tp5x
  • Glaze22Glaze22 FORE!!!! Members  764WRX Points: 90Posts: 764 Golden Tee

Is the head size like the older 7's with the larger head, or the new smaller head??? Does the face sit open at address? I have a Betti 2.0 and love everything except it sits open at address. I like a milled face so the Odyssey 7's dont help me in that parts, so the Las Vegas might be the perfect setup.

Posted:
  • gmyers22gmyers22 Members  48WRX Points: 68Posts: 48 Bunkers

I believe it is smaller. My Las Vegas sits very square. I am coming from a Spider tour that sat open. It really is a beautiful putter and so far in the Midwest spring I am putting well with it. Hope that helps

Posted:

Advertisement
  • nicknick Members  598WRX Points: 86Posts: 598 Golden Tee

Love the Las Vegas H7. The stroke lab shaft is just too light and I had a kbs Tour CT putter shaft installed and I can say it’s one of the best looking and feeling putters I’ve ever owned.

Posted:

I got my Las Vegas and LOVE IT so far!!! I was using a Bettinardi Rev 2.0, love the weight and look but it sits very very very open at address. I kept missing the hole on the high side. So I got a Scotty 6M, which sits very square, but just did not like the look of it. I got my Toulon Las Vegas, I have only played 27 holes with it, but it sits square, and it roles straight, point and shoot. I have left the stroke lab shaft in it and it is working great. The greens are super slow so that may be why I dont mind the shaft, but I can deff see why some people will want a heavier shaft in it. We will see on that later, but for now I am going to leave it alone and it is deff in my bag!!!

Posted:
  • AG12AG12 Members  2116WRX Points: 1,062Handicap: 10Posts: 2,116 Platinum Tees

On -, @Glaze22 said:

I got my Las Vegas and LOVE IT so far!!! I was using a Bettinardi Rev 2.0, love the weight and look but it sits very very very open at address. I kept missing the hole on the high side. So I got a Scotty 6M, which sits very square, but just did not like the look of it. I got my Toulon Las Vegas, I have only played 27 holes with it, but it sits square, and it roles straight, point and shoot. I have left the stroke lab shaft in it and it is working great. The greens are super slow so that may be why I dont mind the shaft, but I can deff see why some people will want a heavier shaft in it. We will see on that later, but for now I am going to leave it alone and it is deff in my bag!!!

Curious if you happened to roll the Spider X when testing for the Las Vegas? I have rolled both and am really starting to like the feel and looks of the Las Vegas

Posted:
    Driver: PING G410 Plus 10.5* Tensei Pro White 60
    4W: PING G410 16.5* Diamana D+ Limited 70
    4HY: PING G410 21* Accra FX 300H
    Irons: PING G410 5-UW Project X LZ 120
    Wedges: CBX2 54/12/Full Face 58/10 DG 115
    Putter: Bettinardi QB6 Carbon Limited
    Ball: Titleist ProV1x #12
    WITB

I tried a Las Vegas at gg and it was ok. I seemed to hole more with the er5 with gravity grip. Still debating. I have a spider x, not sure if it's any better then my old jdm spider.

Posted:
    Ping G410 lst diamana bf
    ping g410 tensei hybrid
    Epon 705 5-gw Oban ct115
    Callaway MD5 54/58
    taylormade my spider 
    ping hoofer
    tp5x

On -, @agoodmanmbk said:

On -, @Glaze22 said:

Curious if you happened to roll the Spider X when testing for the Las Vegas? I have rolled both and am really starting to like the feel and looks of the Las Vegas

I did go roll a Spider X at my course on the putting green for a good 50 balls. It felt nice and had a great weight to it, but to me it felt very tow heavy. Like it wanted to twist away from me. It also felt a little hollow to me. What does that mean? I dont really know how to describe it other than that, just not a solid piece of metal. But the X also has an incert, so that is most likely what I am feeling.

Now I say this as someone who has used a large #7 style putter with a counter core in the grip for the last 2 years. I could deff get used to the Spider X, but the Las Vegas gave me the same feel, slightly smaller head and a true square face at set up. It was a no question for me.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • AG12AG12 Members  2116WRX Points: 1,062Handicap: 10Posts: 2,116 Platinum Tees

On -, @Glaze22 said:

On -, @agoodmanmbk said:

On -, @Glaze22 said:

I did go roll a Spider X at my course on the putting green for a good 50 balls. It felt nice and had a great weight to it, but to me it felt very tow heavy. Like it wanted to twist away from me. It also felt a little hollow to me. What does that mean? I dont really know how to describe it other than that, just not a solid piece of metal. But the X also has an incert, so that is most likely what I am feeling.

Now I say this as someone who has used a large #7 style putter with a counter core in the grip for the last 2 years. I could deff get used to the Spider X, but the Las Vegas gave me the same feel, slightly smaller head and a true square face at set up. It was a no question for me.

Awesome. thank you for the reply

Posted:
    Driver: PING G410 Plus 10.5* Tensei Pro White 60
    4W: PING G410 16.5* Diamana D+ Limited 70
    4HY: PING G410 21* Accra FX 300H
    Irons: PING G410 5-UW Project X LZ 120
    Wedges: CBX2 54/12/Full Face 58/10 DG 115
    Putter: Bettinardi QB6 Carbon Limited
    Ball: Titleist ProV1x #12
    WITB

I built a custom Las Vegas and it was $559.

Posted:
    Post edited by boycer11 on
    Ping G410 lst diamana bf
    ping g410 tensei hybrid
    Epon 705 5-gw Oban ct115
    Callaway MD5 54/58
    taylormade my spider 
    ping hoofer
    tp5x
  • Nixhex524Nixhex524 ClubWRX  4764WRX Points: 522Handicap: 3.4Posts: 4,764 ClubWRX

Man, I was really interested in the LV, but that is way too much money.... for me. Beautiful looking putter though.

Posted:
    Titleist TS3 9.75*
    Titleist 917f2 16.5* 
    Titleist 915h 21* 
    Srixon Z745 4-P
    Titleist Vokey SM5 50, SM7 56
    Odyssey Toulon Palm Beach 34"
    Srixon Z85 stand bag
  • drscott266drscott266 Members  642WRX Points: 207Posts: 642 Golden Tee

Just decided to get a new putter today, after a particularly bad putting round and a fitting on a SAM camera. Ended up working with my Pro for half an hour and he suggested the Toulon Las Vegas or the regular stroke lab #7. I already knew I liked the shape and we looked at my stroke for a while and determined the LV was better feeling to me by far. The stroke lab felt fine to me, hardly noticed it all to be honest. The head shape promotes alignment and the ball seems to roll straight no matter where on the face I hit it. I never could get along with the Spiders and had a hard time finding the #7 shape in the more affordable models with the same feel as the Toulon. Costs an arm and leg but I can get behind the non insert and the feel that comes with it.

Posted:
  • osubuckeyes691osubuckeyes691 Columbus, OHMembers  1233WRX Points: 380Handicap: 1.9Posts: 1,233 Platinum Tees

Want to bump this up and see if anyone else has some reviews!

Posted:
    Taylormade SIM 8* - Fujikura Ventus Black 6
    Taylormade SIM Ti 3w - Fujikura Ventus 7x
    Taylormade SIM Ti 5w - Fujikura Ventus 7x
    Srixon 745 4-PW - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100 - SST Pure
    Ping Glide 3.0 - 50SS, 54SS, 60Eye2
    Taylormade Spider X Tour - Stability Tour - Evnroll Gravity Grip   /   Yes! Sally12 Long Putter / Yes! Sally12 Std - Evnroll Gravity Grip

Advertisement
  • maverickmaverick Members  1453WRX Points: 187Posts: 1,453 Platinum Tees

I have a Las Vegas putter on its way. I just tried an ER5 black and it's FS now. The deep groves in the middle take too much off the stroke and feels dead. I have high hopes for the Las Vegas because I like the design and it does not have an insert which is a big deal for me.

Posted:
  • DMAICDMAIC Members  82WRX Points: 20Posts: 82 Fairways

Two guys I play with have the LV and love them, I don't mind inserts so have been playing with a regular #7 but I'm on the lookout for a LV that is reasonably priced.

Posted:
  • RH82RH82 Alberta, CanadaMembers  2357WRX Points: 242Posts: 2,357 Platinum Tees

I have a LV on the way. No stroke lab shaft and it’s the double bend version. I had a stroke lab in my Tuttle and hated it. Looked very cheap.

Posted:

Taylormade M2 (10.5*)

TEE CBX (16.5*)

Callaway Apex (20*)

Srixon Z 785 (4-6) Z-Forged (7-PW)

Cleveland RTX-4 (50*/56*/60*)

Taylormade Spider X

• Natural1Natural1 Members  160WRX Points: 94Posts: 160 Fairways

On -, @DMAIC said:

Two guys I play with have the LV and love them, I don't mind inserts so have been playing with a regular #7 but I'm on the lookout for a LV that is reasonably priced.

The Callaway Pre-owned site has the LV in "like new" condition for a good price right now.

Posted:
  • Mg3sncMg3snc Members  29WRX Points: 10Posts: 29 Bunkers

I got one of the pre-owned and it looks great. Only draw back is no stroke lab which I'm gonna be doing a shaft swap for. The stock grip is terrible in my opinion, so I'll be replacing that but all else is fantastic!

Quick update, the stock grip isn't as I originally thought, but I'll still look to replace it soon I think. I do love that nice milled feel, far better than current Cameron's in my opinion. Great looking and feeling putter though all things considered

Posted:
    Post edited by Mg3snc on

Advertisement
  • DMAICDMAIC Members  82WRX Points: 20Posts: 82 Fairways

On -, @Natural1 said:

On -, @DMAIC said:

The Callaway Pre-owned site has the LV in "like new" condition for a good price right now.

Thanks for the heads up

On -, @Natural1
    Posted:
  • RH82RH82 Alberta, CanadaMembers  2357WRX Points: 242Posts: 2,357 Platinum Tees

Not sure if anyone else had this issue but my Las Vegas SB model when soled would swing open. Tried to get past it but I couldn’t and sent it back to CPO.

Posted:

Taylormade M2 (10.5*)

TEE CBX (16.5*)

Callaway Apex (20*)

Srixon Z 785 (4-6) Z-Forged (7-PW)

Cleveland RTX-4 (50*/56*/60*)

Taylormade Spider X

• 5hort5tuff5hort5tuff Members  3495WRX Points: 211Posts: 3,495 Titanium Tees

Problem with this and other toulon models is the price. You are paying big bucks for a headshape that has been made 10x over but the same company. I dpubt most people are shelling out $450 bone stock...when you can get a stroke lab 7 for half. Not to mention an older model MXM or something for a fraction of that.

Posted:
    COBRA LTD w. Hzrdus Red
    WISHON 919 w. Hzrdus Red
    TAYLORMADE Issue Aeroburner w. Tensei Blue
    PING G25 w. Tensei Blue
    PING I200 w. AWT 2.0
    PING Glide 2.0 Stealth
    MannKrafted Carbon WB Rattler
    Xenon Copper Wide X
    SGC 902

Advertisement
  • maverickmaverick Members  1453WRX Points: 187Posts: 1,453 Platinum Tees

Does anyone know the stock Las Vegas Stroke Lab putter head weight with a standard S20 weight? OMG, these weights should be made of gold for the prices they want! Someone at Odyssey told me the stock head weight was 253 grams. Obviously this person did not know what he was talking about. The entire putter at 34" with a Super Stroke Pistol 2.0, no counter weight. is approx. 500 grams. My Swag Suave at 34" and a 353 gram head at 34" with the same grip is 533 grams. If the Stroke Lab shaft is 40 grams less than a steel one something is way off. I really just wanted about 10 grams more and may just get some lead tape.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.