VIEW MY CONTENT (threads *I* posted in)

nsxguynsxguy Just anudder userFloridaMembers Posts: 5,811 ✭✭

"View My Content" appears to be one of the features most discussed and missed on the new board.

I believe you can use this for a temporary(?) solution.

Firstly, my apologies for not thinking of this sooner.

"View New Content" is simply a customized SEARCH.

Once you get it the way YOU want it SAVE IT as a bookmark on your device where you can then just click on it to get "View My Content".

Callaway Epic 10.5 Project X Hzrdus Yellow 63 gr, 6.0
Adams A12 Pro hybrids, 16*, 20*, Aldila VS Proto Stiff
Ping G20, 5-PW, DGS300
Cleveland RTX-4 48, 52, DGS300
Ping Glide Forged 56*, 60* DGS300
Odyssey Jailbird Mini (Today - always subject to change LOL)
Titleist AVX
Post edited by nsxguy on

Best Answers

Answers

• nsxguynsxguy Just anudder user FloridaMembers Posts: 5,811 ✭✭

@easyyy said:
    It worked for me but I had to uncheck the box "search only in followed categories"

Thanks Richard, THAT was my "issue" with the search !!!

Ping G20, 5-PW, DGS300
    Titleist AVX

@Rohlio said:
    This is a good workaround...but honestly I used to check these forums multiple times per day using the old workflow to do this "items I participated in"
    Until we get back to that level of ease I don't see myself being active at all.

I get what you're saying.

The only functional differences I can remember is the old way the title of the thread was "gray", indicating there have been no new posts since you last viewed the thread. And it was BOLD if there have been new replies since you last viewed it.

And in this search, your only "option" is to click the title which takes you to YOUR last post in the thread or click on the "sub-total" results, which give you another list of all YOUR posts in THAT thread. The old board took you to the OP (*clicking on the title),,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, although clicking on the "star" took you to the first unread post.

That IS a big deal IMO. Anyway, they are very aware of it.

Ping G20, 5-PW, DGS300
    Titleist AVX
  • CDMCDM Members Posts: 1,765 ✭✭

Thanks for the information. It worked. There was few post I wanted to follow up on and could not find them. Based on no replies it appears no one else could find them in the new format either LOL

As some have noted in posts above I also would get on a during that day to check posts, see who in our local forum is playing or looking for others to play with and now its a multi step process and people are not finding it very well.

• RohlioRohlio Members Posts: 2,345 ✭✭

@nsxguy said:

@Rohlio said:
    This is a good workaround...but honestly I used to check these forums multiple times per day using the old workflow to do this "items I participated in"
    Until we get back to that level of ease I don't see myself being active at all.

I get what you're saying.

The only functional differences I can remember is the old way the title of the thread was "gray", indicating there have been no new posts since you last viewed the thread. And it was BOLD if there have been new replies since you last viewed it.

And in this search, your only "option" is to click the title which takes you to YOUR last post in the thread or click on the "sub-total" results, which give you another list of all YOUR posts in THAT thread. The old board took you to the OP (*clicking on the title),,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, although clicking on the "star" took you to the first unread post.

That IS a big deal IMO. Anyway, they are very aware of it.

My old work flow was to hit the new content button...then filter it by things I had participated in, which would then give you a list of threads you had commented in that had new comments only. This was super efficient...it took 2 clicks and no typing. Hoping for a restoration of that functionality.

Either way I get that it is a process and takes time. No worries.

WITB:
    Driver: Ping G400 LST 8.5* Kuro Kage Silver TINI 70s
    FW: Ping G25 4 wood Kuro Kage Silver TINI 80s
    Utility: 20* King Forged Utility One Length C Taper Lite S
    Irons: King Forged One Length 4-PW C Taper Lite S
    Wedges: Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 Black Satin 50, 54, 58
    Putter: Custom Directed Force Reno 2.0 48" 80* Lie Side Saddle
  • HitEmTrueHitEmTrue North TexasMembers Posts: 6,457 ✭✭

@Rohlio said:
    My old work flow was to hit the new content button...then filter it by things I had participated in, which would then give you a list of threads you had commented in that had new comments only. This was super efficient...it took 2 clicks and no typing. Hoping for a restoration of that functionality.

Either way I get that it is a process and takes time. No worries.

The old "replies to my posts" button did that, but in one mouse click.

• ImpImp Fueled Members Posts: 5,960 ✭✭
    edited Mar 29, 2019 3:38pm #10

N/M edited.

Callaway Rogue 10.5 / Callaway Rogue 3W / Mizuno JPX-EZ Forged Irons / Callaway MD4 52*, 58*, 64*
  • bradskibradski Members Posts: 2,337 ✭✭

any ETA on a simple resolution(button like we previously had). I just can't get into this as much since this changed. I have shortened my time on GOLFWRX. I simply don't want to have to search for it.

• cardoustiecardoustie haha, we don't play for 5's Members Posts: 12,047 ✭✭

@bradski said:
    any ETA on a simple resolution(button like we previously had). I just can't get into this as much since this changed. I have shortened my time on GOLFWRX. I simply don't want to have to search for it.

I am the same, frustrated still, ease of use and presentation still not improving

Ping G400 LST 11* Aldila RIP Phenom 50tx
    Ping G400 5w 16.5* GD AD BB 6s
    Callaway Apex 4h 23* Mitsu KK 80s
    Callaway Apex 5h 26* Mitsu KK 80s
    Ping s55 6-PW Fujikura mci 100s
    Vokey sm2 50* 54* 59* DG s400 Onyx
    Piretti Matera Elite (torched)
  • HoosierMizunoHoosierMizuno Members Posts: 3,382 ✭✭

Agreed. Came to the help section hoping i was just missing something.
    I used this feature almost exclusively in the past. Reading new posts within threads you had previously commented in...
    As it is now, i'll be visiting the site much much less often. its too time consuming and frustrating to sift through threads to find the old threads you had previously read just to check to see if there is anything new.

This site has made some progress in looks, but I'm really only checking in once every few days rather than multiple times a day

Ping G400 LST 10 w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 75g
    TM M2 3HL w/ Rogue Black 70 S
    Cobra F8 19*
    J15CB w/ Modus 120X 4-P
    Cleveland RTX3 CB 50 54 58
    TM Spider Tour Black w/ T-sightline 36" 

@HoosierMizuno said:
    I used this feature almost exclusively in the past. Reading new posts within threads you had previously commented in...
    As it is now, i'll be visiting the site much much less often. its too time consuming and frustrating to sift through threads to find the old threads you had previously read just to check to see if there is anything new.

This site has made some progress in looks, but I'm really only checking in once every few days rather than multiple times a day

Goodness gracious.

Seriously ? It takes about a minute or 2, if that, to set up the search as described above in lieu of the previous feature. Bookmark it on your browser's bookmarks bar and click on it whenever you want to see the threads you posted in.

Ping G20, 5-PW, DGS300
    Titleist AVX

@nsxguy said:

@HoosierMizuno said:

Goodness gracious.

Seriously ? It takes about a minute or 2, if that, to set up the search as described above in lieu of the previous feature. Bookmark it on your browser's bookmarks bar and click on it whenever you want to see the threads you posted in.

The functionality of that is cludgy at best. It shows everything I replied to... Not just things I replied to that also have new posts. It simply does not work as well as it used to and it is annoying enough to be reducing multiple people's enjoyment of the site. No one here is throwing a fit about it, we are simply providing feedback that this is a big enough issue to be causing decreased participation.

WITB:

@Rohlio said:

@nsxguy said:

@HoosierMizuno said:

Goodness gracious.

The functionality of that is cludgy at best. **It shows everything I replied to... Not just things I replied to that also have new posts. ** It simply does not work as well as it used to and it is annoying enough to be reducing multiple people's enjoyment of the site. No one here is throwing a fit about it, we are simply providing feedback that this is a big enough issue to be causing decreased participation.

Then use the "favorite/star" method. This wasn't meant to be "elegant". It WAS meant to be a workaround, along with clicking the "star" on threads you want to pay attention to. Those 2 combined should handle most of the major complaints about finding content you want to read.

Hopefully they will be able to restore some of, if not all, the functionality the members miss the most. Until then,,,,,,,,,,

Ping G20, 5-PW, DGS300
    Titleist AVX
  • GxgolferGxgolfer Site Founder & Co-Owner SF Bay Area, CARules Official, Administrator Posts: 26,748 admin
    edited Mar 31, 2019 3:17pm #17

Those previous searches options were not default with the board. It was a modification.

We are in development cycles now. Something take longer to roll out as we spec, design, program, then roll out. There were no metrics for us to see how functions were used granularly. And as stated before, no way to test what people used and verify it has enough weight to pursue. So we have a new platform, a new company using industry practices to roll out software and a user base that wants thing now.

Post edited by Gxgolfer on
    Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
    Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
    BST AD Help
    If you have a general help question, post here:
    GolfWRX Website Help Desk

I both can and do sympathize with that problem.

I am not being critical. I had supposed that the old platform didn't have the granularity and analytics necessary to figure out common user workflows. I realize these things take time, but if we don't provide feedback regarding the end user experience how will they know whether or not to prioritize a task?

The proposed work around is certainly better than nothing and imo not as good as the prior functionality. That is all I am saying. No need to be defensive about it. I am sure this update has been far more painful for the admins than any inconvenience caused to me as a user.

WITB:

Ping G20, 5-PW, DGS300
    Titleist AVX
  • GxgolferGxgolfer Site Founder & Co-Owner SF Bay Area, CARules Official, Administrator Posts: 26,748 admin

The continuos improvement system allows for these variables. Majority adoption/adaptation leads change.

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
    BST AD Help

@Gxgolfer said:
    Those previous searches options were not default with the board. It was a modification.

We are in development cycles now. Something take longer to roll out as we spec, design, program, then roll out. There were no metrics for us to see how functions were used granularly. And as stated before, no way to test what people used and verify it has enough weight to pursue. So we have a new platform, a new company using industry practices to roll out software and a user base that wants thing now.

"used". Past tense. I wonder if you don't have access to the old site's data ?

Not an "internet guy" but I expect ALL websites have "logs" (that can be turned on or off ?). It would seem a relatively simple coding(?) process to evaluate where users go on the site simply by counting the URLs hit via those same logs.

Now given the volume of hits WRX gets on a normal day I don't know whether it's practical to keep the log turned on and/or whether you have history of all the hits but by evaluating them you would know what"pages" get hit the most.

As for your new company using industry practices,,,,,,,,,,, I have to wonder how the site was launched with so many issues.

Frankly, at my old corporate job, if my group had released a project with so many issues it would have been "backed out" immediately. And while i wouldn't have lost my job, or even been demoted, my "standing" in the office (and my next review) would have felt the negative effects for sure.

But kudos to you guys for attacking all the issues head on and as quickly as you have so far.

Ping G20, 5-PW, DGS300
    Titleist AVX

Site data was not that granular. The board had been end of life for maybe 3 years. There was no support for https.

Decision to go live was not there’s. At some point you have to make a decision and work through the issues.

BST AD Help

@Gxgolfer said:
    Site data was not that granular. The board had been end of life for maybe 3 years. There was no support for https.

Decision to go live was not there’s. At some point you have to make a decision and work through the issues.

Fair enough. If you say so.

I don't recall seeing any requests from management for volunteer users to beta test the new website before it went live. I was a MOD on a much smaller board and even they did a beta test. Board owner basically didn't care about the resultant comments/suggestions but what're ya gonna do ? LOL

Ping G20, 5-PW, DGS300
    Titleist AVX

Yes, goes to my earlier comment about beta testers and then consensus for change.
    Resources, time no perfect equation.

BST AD Help

[deleted]

Ping G20, 5-PW, DGS300
    Titleist AVX
  • dparkdpark Members Posts: 2,534 ✭✭

IMHO, this is not applicable to the changes on this board. The change curve you shared is for changes within an organization ostensibly where you WORK. Unless you are willing to quit and get a new job, you eventually have to deal with it at some level. Participating in this board is VOLUNTARY, and if it becomes too difficult or frustrating, people just do something else. Personally, I can't stand the new site and I don't have the time to re-learn everything (and I work on computers all day long. I just finally moved from Windows 7 to Windows 10), so I don't. I have been back just a couple of times since the changeover. I found this thread because I logged into the site for the first time in weeks and saw the header that the "old look" was coming back. That will bring me back. I hope it happens soon. Sorry if this bums out the founders/mods, but this wasn't a well-handled transition from my perspective. I certainly don't know all of went on in the background, and there may not have been a lot of options. But it certainly impacted my participation on this board.

Old stuff:
    1962 Tommy Armour AT2W Driver
    1953 Macgregor M65W EOM 3 wood
    1978 H&B PowerBilt Citation 4 wood
    1984 Ben Hogan Apex PC 2-E
    1968 Wilson Dual Wedge
    1964 Acushnet O-SET M6S Bullseye Putter

New stuff
    Cobra ZL 10.5 driver
    Adams 5050 16 fairway wood
    Adams A2P 20* hybrid
    Titleist 716 MB irons 4-PW
    Callaway Mack Daddy wedges 52, 56, 60
    Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Napa

@dpark said:
    IMHO, this is not applicable to the changes on this board. The change curve you shared is for changes within an organization ostensibly where you WORK. Unless you are willing to quit and get a new job, you eventually have to deal with it at some level. Participating in this board is VOLUNTARY, and if it becomes too difficult or frustrating, people just do something else. Personally, I can't stand the new site and I don't have the time to re-learn everything (and I work on computers all day long. I just finally moved from Windows 7 to Windows 10), so I don't. I have been back just a couple of times since the changeover. I found this thread because I logged into the site for the first time in weeks and saw the header that the "old look" was coming back. That will bring me back. I hope it happens soon. Sorry if this bums out the founders/mods, but this wasn't a well-handled transition from my perspective. I certainly don't know all of went on in the background, and there may not have been a lot of options. But it certainly impacted my participation on this board.

You're missing the point.

The point is change can often(?)be difficult;, more difficult for some than others. The board owners knew that but the old board was unsustainable.

But often one must deal with change. Or not. Up to you.

Ping G20, 5-PW, DGS300
    Titleist AVX
  • jj9000jj9000 ClubWRX Posts: 2,642 ClubWRX

@nsxguy said:

@dpark said:

The point is change can often(?)be difficult;, more difficult for some than others. The board owners knew that but the old board was unsustainable.

I think he gets the point. The fact that he just popped on the site for the first time in weeks tells me he gets the point. He's choosing to spend his screen-time elsewhere. I'm not surprised at all. Also...there's nothing in his post that I'd disagree with. Sure, @easyyy and GX knew the old board was unsustainable...but...I think they both would admit that this transition was hasty...and has negatively impacted their business (and the site). I said this a month ago...for every user like @dpark above that has checked back a handful of times...there's 5-10 users who they'll lose for good. Easyyy said one of the drivers to move to this platform was that it was too difficult to register on the old platform. I promise you...the site in it's current form is getting a fraction of the daily/weekly/monthly new member registrations in comparison to the old site. We're a month in...and we're still having the same discussions we had last month.

@jj9000 said:

@nsxguy said:

@dpark said:

I think he gets the point. The fact that he just popped on the site for the first time in weeks tells me he gets the point. He's choosing to spend his screen-time elsewhere. I'm not surprised at all. Also...there's nothing in his post that I'd disagree with. Sure, @easyyy and GX knew the old board was unsustainable...but...I think they both would admit that this transition was hasty...and has negatively impacted their business (and the site). I said this a month ago...for every user like @dpark above that has checked back a handful of times...there's 5-10 users who they'll lose for good. Easyyy said one of the drivers to move to this platform was that it was too difficult to register on the old platform. I promise you...the site in it's current form is getting a fraction of the daily/weekly/monthly new member registrations in comparison to the old site. We're a month in...and we're still having the same discussions we had last month.

No, he (and you) DON'T get the point. The POINT of the article is that change is often difficult. The MY point was NOT whether or not he (or you) choose to participate now that the board has changed.

The board owners, due to feedback, are apparently acceding to the demands that the new site LOOK like the old one but I have to wonder just how much it'll eventually function like the old one. So the naysayers who don't like change aren't going to be a whole lot happier as they will still have to figure out ways around the board.

Then again, who knows ? Maybe they'll be thrilled. I hope so.

Ping G20, 5-PW, DGS300
    Titleist AVX
  • easyyyeasyyy Founder & Still a Ho DetroitRules Official, Administrator Posts: 12,293 admin

Registrations are up and we will still need time to get the REAL skin and heavy mods in place. In the meantime we will have to use this loaner.

• driverwedgedriverwedge If you swing hard and miss, it hurts a bit. Members Posts: 3,857 ✭✭

Looking forward to getting the functionality of the one click "My Content" back to track threads I've commented on. I understand it's certainly some work to get there.
    Thanks and be well.

Adams 9064LS 8.5*/ Aldila CINNAMON 65-X
    Adams Super LS Black 18*/ Redboard 83x/ Blueboard 83xION
    Adams Red 20*/ AxivRed 104x Or
    Adams Super LSP Black 23*/ AxivRed 104x
    MP64 4-7/ MP4 8-PW (6-PW 1*weak)/ DG X7
    MP T5 Black Ion 50,56,60/ Black Chrome S400
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2, 34" Custom Shop Blue Paint and Jackpot Johnny
    Tour Issue Drizzle Stick (In case it rains).
    All riding on a blue Clicgear 3.5+
    WITB Link
  • J13J13 Dad golf Members Posts: 15,467 ✭✭

@driverwedge said:
    Looking forward to getting the functionality of the one click "My Content" back to track threads I've commented on. I understand it's certainly some work to get there.
    Thanks and be well.

agree 10000%. This function is how i navigate the board 95% of the time and not having it is pretty frustrating. All in due time.

Callaway Epic Flash Triple Diamond 9* / Project X HZRDUS Black Smoke 70 6.5
    Callaway EF 3+ w/ HZRDUS Black 75 6.5
    Srixon 745's 4-PW / Modus Tour 120 TX
    Callaway MD3 50, 54, 60 / Modus 125
    Odyssey White Hot Versa #6 Tour issue
    Srixon Zstar XV
    GolfWRX WITB Podcast - Irons reveal 11/14/18 http://www.golfwrx.c...utm_content=sub
    GolfWrx WITB Podcast 2017 : http://www.golfwrx.com/482668/tgtg-golfwrx-forum-member-j13-talks-witb-and-club-testing/
    WITB- http://www.golfwrx.c.../page__st__1590
    INSTAGRAM- @Jminis13