New Odyssey Stroke Lab putters

GolfWRX

Picked up the 7s, too. Love the feel of the insert.

Had been after a toe hang mallet. I liked it over the Scotty Cameron Future 5.5M. Felt the 7s was less distracting with its more subtle and smaller black back & the 7s had more toes haaaang....and was a little less expensive.

You should wait for the exo 7 mini. Perfect odyssey alternative to the Scotty 5.5m

Hi the 7s in store yesterday and wow I can feel the drastic difference with the shaft. I was putting around with the spider x to compare with as well and I found my stroke felt smoother and pure with the 7s and also making more putts.

With the spider x my strokes on backswing felt rocky/shaky with minor tremors. I didn’t feel that at all with the 7s. I think I found my new putter

I really want to like these putters. I am in need of a new #7 and I love the color scheme of this one. After reading a lot of these forums, I see people say that the stroke labs are very light. I kind of ignored it because everyone’s “feel” is different.

I finally made it to the store today and I have to agree.... they are very light. I could barely feel the putter head at all in my stroke. It seemed very unstable. I also understand why a lot of people say they were leaving a lot of putts short. I’m sure with time/practice I would get the distance control down, but not sure about the lightness of it.

Like I said, I really want to like these. I know there is a weight kit that can be ordered, but I wonder if 10 extra grams would make that much of a difference....

Anyone else?

Has anyone put in any real world experience with the Double Wide (even better if it is the flow).

Really liking it when I've played around with it in store as it seems a nice in between for me with the MOI more of a mallet (where I know the forgiveness helps), the setup more of a blade (what I have historically used the most and so I find fits my eye) while still having some toe hang (with the flow neck) which I know fits my swing better.

> @KParks said:

> Has anyone put in any real world experience with the Double Wide (even better if it is the flow).

>

> Really liking it when I've played around with it in store as it seems a nice in between for me with the MOI more of a mallet (where I know the forgiveness helps), the setup more of a blade (what I have historically used the most and so I find fits my eye) while still having some toe hang (with the flow neck) which I know fits my swing better.

I have the Double wide flow. I used it for 3 rounds so far. Lag putts are easier to gauge than traditional head heavy putters. Struggled a bit on 6ft putts because the putter feels light and smooth and I tend to take it back too far, and subconsciously need to slow down my down swing. I am sure it is a matter of getting use to.

I rolled the Anser style again (One, I think) and just kept struggling to keep putts in line. I was constantly blocking putts right and felt like the tempo of my stroke was a mess. I’m a blade/Anser guy in general so it wasn’t like I was ranging from my usual style.

Didn’t have that issue with the Tuttle. That putter rocks. I’m not buying one for full retail but I could see myself adding on to the stable used or on clearance someday. I do love when the major manufacturers release and oddball.

> @gpleonard said:

> Great putter ...hated the grip. #7S but took the stock grip off and put a SS Mid Slim 2.0 grip on. Much better feel and balance.

They’re attractive putters otherwise. Classy in a retro-futurist sort of way. The insert with the black bumps is tremendously ugly though. All white would be better.

Why can’t Odyssey make a putter that has the white hot insert/white hot pro insert in a head that has adjustable weights? They have an insert that a large majority of their tour players use but continue to deliver new inserts that fall off, bend or whatever. Take your best insert and put it in an adjustable head, even maybe add a stroke lab shaft... interesting idea with the new shafts. I love innovation, but bring back the standard white hot inserts. Like a lot of people have already said... do less.

I just got my hands on a Tuttle flow, has a pistol gtr tour grip on it. I hated the color scheme of the standard grip. With this grip at 65 grams it really feels great. I have had a few practice sessions with it and one round under my belt. The main takeaway I have had so far is that I have become very consistent with center strikes. I struggle to hit the center of the putter with the many putters I have had over the past year. I have not has this type of consistency in as long as I can remember. The alignment on the Tuttle is fantastic and looks awesome. Cool old school yet modern look to it. The flow neck is awesome. I have left a few putts short but have adjusted easily to that. Greens are also pretty furry right now. With the center strikes and easy, clean alignment my ball starts on the intended path almost everytime. Very happy with the new Tuttle flow.

I tried them several times and something about them just doesn’t grab me. I really like the look of several of the heads. But felt like too big a change. I do think a grip change can address some of the balance feeling awkward.

Ultimately I passed and went back in time. Bought at a very low price a brand new, old stock Sabertooth with the versa alignment and white hot insert. Got the Tank head, I think it is 375-380g. Always liked this putter in its various releases, but had never used one. Feels familiar and I like the stability and balance. Not really seeing how the new putters are necessarily better than some of the previous releases floating around out there.

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Diamana TB 60S

PXG GEN6 5 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Yamaha RMX VD 7 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro hybrid (22) w/Aldila Tour Blue 85 stiff hybrid

Wilson Staff Model CB 5-G w/DG s300 shafts

Edel T grind 54 w/Nippon 125 wedge shaft

Fourteen RM-12 58 w/Dynamic Golds400

Axis1 Rose putter, 34 inches

> @dmeeksDC said:

> I tried them several times and something about them just doesn’t grab me. I really like the look of several of the heads. But felt like too big a change. I do think a grip change can address some of the balance feeling awkward.

>

> Ultimately I passed and went back in time. Bought at a very low price a brand new, old stock Sabertooth with the versa alignment and white hot insert. Got the Tank head, I think it is 375-380g. Always liked this putter in its various releases, but had never used one. Feels familiar and I like the stability and balance. Not really seeing how the new putters are necessarily better than some of the previous releases floating around out there.

That's great, same type of color scheme and the white hot face is fantastic. I agree with the old models performing just as well. Find one that works with your eyes and set up and your set. The white hot 2.0 black rossie has been on my radar for awhile. Not sure why I haven't pulled the trigger yet. Good luck with the tank if you like em heavy then that should be a great model for you.

> @Kendrick said:

> > @KParks said:

> > Has anyone put in any real world experience with the Double Wide (even better if it is the flow).

> >

> > Really liking it when I've played around with it in store as it seems a nice in between for me with the MOI more of a mallet (where I know the forgiveness helps), the setup more of a blade (what I have historically used the most and so I find fits my eye) while still having some toe hang (with the flow neck) which I know fits my swing better.

>

> I have the Double wide flow. I used it for 3 rounds so far. Lag putts are easier to gauge than traditional head heavy putters. Struggled a bit on 6ft putts because the putter feels light and smooth and I tend to take it back too far, and subconsciously need to slow down my down swing. I am sure it is a matter of getting use to.

I just ordered one myself last night after several rounds struggling with the Spider X. I’m sure it’s not going to make me the worlds greatest putter but maybe I’ll find some consistency.

> @Kmac said:

> > @Kendrick said:

> > > @KParks said:

> > > Has anyone put in any real world experience with the Double Wide (even better if it is the flow).

> > >

> > > Really liking it when I've played around with it in store as it seems a nice in between for me with the MOI more of a mallet (where I know the forgiveness helps), the setup more of a blade (what I have historically used the most and so I find fits my eye) while still having some toe hang (with the flow neck) which I know fits my swing better.

> >

> > I have the Double wide flow. I used it for 3 rounds so far. Lag putts are easier to gauge than traditional head heavy putters. Struggled a bit on 6ft putts because the putter feels light and smooth and I tend to take it back too far, and subconsciously need to slow down my down swing. I am sure it is a matter of getting use to.

>

> I just ordered one myself last night after several rounds struggling with the Spider X. I’m sure it’s not going to make me the worlds greatest putter but maybe I’ll find some consistency.

Interesting, what didn't you like about the Spider X? That (with the Small Slant cause I like some toe hang) and the Double Wide Flow are the two putters I have been messing around with and liking the most of the current crop of stuff out there.

> @KParks said:

> > @Kmac said:

> > > @Kendrick said:

> > > > @KParks said:

> > > > Has anyone put in any real world experience with the Double Wide (even better if it is the flow).

> > > >

> > > > Really liking it when I've played around with it in store as it seems a nice in between for me with the MOI more of a mallet (where I know the forgiveness helps), the setup more of a blade (what I have historically used the most and so I find fits my eye) while still having some toe hang (with the flow neck) which I know fits my swing better.

> > >

> > > I have the Double wide flow. I used it for 3 rounds so far. Lag putts are easier to gauge than traditional head heavy putters. Struggled a bit on 6ft putts because the putter feels light and smooth and I tend to take it back too far, and subconsciously need to slow down my down swing. I am sure it is a matter of getting use to.

> >

> > I just ordered one myself last night after several rounds struggling with the Spider X. I’m sure it’s not going to make me the worlds greatest putter but maybe I’ll find some consistency.

>

> Interesting, what didn't you like about the Spider X? That (with the Small Slant cause I like some toe hang) and the Double Wide Flow are the two putters I have been messing around with and liking the most of the current crop of stuff out there.

Just haven’t been as consistent as I’d hoped. I’m not giving up on it but a showdown is coming. I rolled the Stroke Labs very well in store so I want to give it a shot on course. The spider x is great at getting on your line and I like the feel too. Well see I guess.

I just sold my 7s, actually much prefer the o-works insert and have a black 7s, and my custom v-line fang that was redone in a stroke lab themed repaint.

I just putt better with heavy putters.

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T150 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Toulon Portland Garage 
ProV1x

I ordered a double wide with double bend shaft and the oversize grip, i have been using various pistol grips over the years but wanted to try an oversize grip.

I ended up not liking the oversize so i cut it off and weighed it ( 65 grams ) and see what was going on with the counter weight in the shaft.

Odyssey decided to glue the counterweight in the butt of the shaft and with the shaft being carbon fiber i was hesitant to to try and remove it, if it was a steel shaft no worries heat and pull it out, but carbon is definitely a little delicate.

So basically i left it in and re griped with a lamkin sink fit skinny pistol ( 70 grams ) ends up being only 5 grams in total over the stock set up but you are definitely limited in grip choice if you want to stay within the factory specs.

On another note i actually ordered the weight kit thinking i would like it a little heavier but turns out i prefer it with the lighter 10 gram weights in, distance and direction control was better for me.

I put the double wide flow in play last Saturday and loved it. I didn’t get much green time before teeing off but I’ve been rolling it inside so I have a decent feel it. I just felt like it rolled so pure and easy. And I love the firmer feel off the face. These feel nothing like the mushy Odyssey inserts of the past. You really get a good feel of the ball coming off the face. I didn’t have 24 putts but everything stopped within tap in distance. I think this line is very good.

All you need is a heat gun. I’ve had mine for 20 years so I don’t know how much a good one is now. But I’ve seen them for $20 or so. A little heat and some needle nose pliers and it came right out. The plug weighed 30g and had way too much epoxy on it. I was cutting the shaft 1.5” and after I removed the plug and cut I still pulled out a long hardened piece of epoxy.

So I bought it at local store at 35”. I know it didn’t have an oversized grip. Going off memory the grip was 75g. Coupled with plug gave total weight of 105g. I put on a SS GTR 2.0 that was ~55g.

Pre swingweight was E2 at 35” with plug and 70g grip. Cutting it down to 33.5” and putting on SS gave me swingweight of E1. Close enough.

> @Ize said:

> I ordered a double wide with double bend shaft and the oversize grip, i have been using various pistol grips over the years but wanted to try an oversize grip.

> I ended up not liking the oversize so i cut it off and weighed it ( 65 grams ) and see what was going on with the counter weight in the shaft.

> Odyssey decided to glue the counterweight in the butt of the shaft and with the shaft being carbon fiber i was hesitant to to try and remove it, if it was a steel shaft no worries heat and pull it out, but carbon is definitely a little delicate.

> So basically i left it in and re griped with a lamkin sink fit skinny pistol ( 70 grams ) ends up being only 5 grams in total over the stock set up but you are definitely limited in grip choice if you want to stay within the factory specs.

> On another note i actually ordered the weight kit thinking i would like it a little heavier but turns out i prefer it with the lighter 10 gram weights in, distance and direction control was better for me.

> @Kmac said:

> I put the double wide flow in play last Saturday and loved it. I didn’t get much green time before teeing off but I’ve been rolling it inside so I have a decent feel it. I just felt like it rolled so pure and easy. And I love the firmer feel off the face. These feel nothing like the mushy Odyssey inserts of the past. You really get a good feel of the ball coming off the face. I didn’t have 24 putts but everything stopped within tap in distance. I think this line is very good.

Just got mine today. It has the Traxion Pistol GT 1.0 and this thing feels great........in my living room.?

Gotta work tomorrow and Sundays forecast here in Chicago is gonna be crappy. Guess I'll have to wait till Monday.