2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

2019 WGC Dell Technologies Match Play

Darth Putter

> @buckeyefl said:

> If you are referring to Sergio then it appears you have rounded the corner and decided to join us in golf reality. The spirit of the game was surely present when he asked Matt to throw the next hole, end of story.

Well I clearly wasn't referring to Sergio in the same way that not everyone sits in your "win at all costs" reality. After Kuchar made his lame excuse for not having time to say "that's good" and after he had hunted a referee down which he knew would result in him winning the hole, he then said to Sergio he didn't want to win a hole that way. Garcia called him on that statement and Kuchar proved how in-sincere he was when showed a way to make good. You can try to spin this anyway you choose, but there are plenty of posters here that feel it was not in the spirit of the game.

Go and check out Jack Sock in the Hopman cup vs Lleyton Hewitt in 2016. That is how to play the spirit of the game in the same way that Petterson was correctly villified.

"I think this was a big step in the right direction, for sure,'' said Woods' caddie, Joe LaCava, of the week in general. "He got more rounds in the heat of the battle. Definitely reason to be optimistic. I think he got better each day.'' - Joe LaCava

Interesting...

“Perhaps it's not so bad Tiger Woods missed that 4-footer Saturday afternoon at the WGC-Dell Technologies Match Play.” - Bob Harig

Interesting...

“The Northern Irishman hit a drive 395 yards at the par-five 16th but a poor shot with a wedge left him with a precarious stance and he went through the green with his third to an unplayable lie, before finding a bunker and conceding the hole.“ - BBC

Interesting...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.westernjournal.com/wc/watch-rory-mcilroys-epic-choke-clears-way-tiger-woods-win/amp/

Interesting...

• Like 1

> @"Cool Runnings" said:

> My point isn’t about “convincing” people Rory “should’ve won”, that’s always going to be open to debate. Even now, with all my posts to you, you continue to fail in grasping my central point. I’ll say it again for you, it’s about highlighting the moments of sheer luck devoid of all player skill that heavily influence the outcome of an 18 hole match play. Not all matches encounter this, but for the Tiger vs Rory it did.

>

> Nothing “opinion” about watching the gallery on hole 15 stop Tiger’s ball from going OB.

> Nothing “opinion” about watching the gallery on hole 16 step aside as Rory’s ball heads OB.

> Nothing “opinion” about listening to the Skysports on-course commentator say that was “knocked down” by the wind.

>

> You are entitled to your own opinions, but not your own facts.

>

As much as I would like to agree with you, 'facts' are negotiable these days. People feel empowered to preach their 'alternative facts', even when they know they aren't likely to be actually true.

This way of thinking might not be a new thing, but I feel that it has become more prevalent with the advent of misinformation via the internet and more and more elites who discourage intellect and introspection.

> @Pleasedwith3putts said:

> > @buckeyefl said:

> > If you are referring to Sergio then it appears you have rounded the corner and decided to join us in golf reality. The spirit of the game was surely present when he asked Matt to throw the next hole, end of story.

> Well I clearly wasn't referring to Sergio in the same way that not everyone sits in your "win at all costs" reality. After Kuchar made his lame excuse for not having time to say "that's good" and after he had hunted a referee down which he knew would result in him winning the hole, he then said to Sergio he didn't want to win a hole that way. Garcia called him on that statement and Kuchar proved how in-sincere he was when showed a way to make good. You can try to spin this anyway you choose, but there are plenty of posters here that feel it was not in the spirit of the game.

> Go and check out Jack Sock in the Hopman cup vs Lleyton Hewitt in 2016. That is how to play the spirit of the game in the same way that Petterson was correctly villified.

>

Wow, you really don't understand the rules at all do you. It's all been covered but you really should grab a copy if the Rules of Golf and brush up

To say it was not in the spirit if the game simply isn't factual or based in reality. It's sad that you think lying is in the spirit of the game.

The amount of posters, whatever number that is, just shows how many don't understand the rules much like yourself.

• Like 3

> @"Cool Runnings" said:

> “Tiger heading into Augusta leaves WGC Match Play feeling mentally I’m not quite as strong as I need to be.” - Jamie Diaz

>

> Interesting...

Good he acknowledges this. Its true. When asked about what winning his first match yesterday means, he said,

"It means I have to play in the afternoon"

"Have to play"

Clearly not as confident about his mental/physical strength as he would like.

His baseline of mental discipline is still high but no way he can maintain what it was at its height and be at peak all season.

The single minded purpose wanes along with the ability to train his body and practice with consistency.

The best he can do is to build up to peak for majors and hope to have his best stuff as often as possible for 4 days.

> @Redjeep83 said:

>

> > @lowheel said:

> > > @Redjeep83 said:

> > > > @Konklifer said:

> > > > Just came in to say Kisner's swing is absolutely my favorite on tour.

> > >

> > > Sure, if you like short low draws

> >

> > my god man...

>

> Well it’s true, he’s accurate though. Let me know if you want me to list some high long hitters for comparison.

>

Where did you finish in the bracket?

PING G400 Max 10.5° (+)
PING G430 fairway 18° (F-)
PING G430 hybrid 22°, 26° (F-)
Irons tbd
PING s159 53W, 58B
PING Serene B60
Maxfli Tour yellow

> @Konklifer said:

> > @Redjeep83 said:

> >

> > > @lowheel said:

> > > > @Redjeep83 said:

> > > > > @Konklifer said:

> > > > > Just came in to say Kisner's swing is absolutely my favorite on tour.

> > > >

> > > > Sure, if you like short low draws

> > >

> > > my god man...

> >

> > Well it’s true, he’s accurate though. Let me know if you want me to list some high long hitters for comparison.

> >

>

> Where did you finish in the bracket?

I’m not on the pga tour. We are talking pga tour players, right?

What’s the saying… “Imitation is the Sincerest Form of Flattery”

Cheers!

> @BlackM00Nlight said:

> "I think this was a big step in the right direction, for sure,'' said Woods' caddie, Joe LaCava, of the week in general. "He got more rounds in the heat of the battle. Definitely reason to be optimistic. I think he got better each day.'' - Joe LaCava

>

> Interesting...

>

> “Perhaps it's not so bad Tiger Woods missed that 4-footer Saturday afternoon at the WGC-Dell Technologies Match Play.” - Bob Harig

>

> Interesting...

>

> “The Northern Irishman hit a drive 395 yards at the par-five 16th but a poor shot with a wedge left him with a precarious stance and he went through the green with his third to an unplayable lie, before finding a bunker and conceding the hole.“ - BBC

>

> Interesting...

>

> https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.westernjournal.com/wc/watch-rory-mcilroys-epic-choke-clears-way-tiger-woods-win/amp/

>

> Interesting...

Is it just me, or is the "new" GolfWRX overrun with idiots?

• Like 2

Driver #1: Callaway Epic Max LS, 9°

Driver #2: Adams Speedline F11, 9.5°

Fairway: Callaway Rogue ST Max LS, 18°

Utility Iron: Titleist 718 AP3, 19°

Irons: Titleist 718 AP1, 5-GW, 24°-48°
UW: Titleist Vokey SM8, 52°F

LW: Titleist Vokey SM8, 60°D
Putter: Cameron Studio Style Newport 2.5, 33"
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B RX
Bag: Sun Mountain Metro Sunday Bag

> @Redjeep83 said:

> I turned it over to the baseball game, honestly the kisner Kuchar match couldn’t keep my attention

Don’t forget basketball too!

Although I did happen to flip back to the golf for a minute. I usually hate the booth interviews, but really enjoyed listening to them talk to Crenshaw.

Finally a post that’s full of strong reason & common sense. Because of that I’ve just ‘liked’ it too! I think we’re going to get along beautifully now going forward… ;)

> @bscinstnct said:

> > @"Cool Runnings" said:

> > “Tiger heading into Augusta leaves WGC Match Play feeling mentally I’m not quite as strong as I need to be.” - Jamie Diaz

> >

> > Interesting...

>

> Good he acknowledges this. Its true. When asked about what winning his first match yesterday means, he said,

> "It means I have to play in the afternoon"

> "Have to play"

> Clearly not as confident about his mental/physical strength as he would like.

> His baseline of mental discipline is still high but no way he can maintain what it was at its height and be at peak all season.

> The single minded purpose wanes along with the ability to train his body and practice with consistency.

> The best he can do is to build up to peak for majors and hope to have his best stuff as often as possible for 4 days.

>

>

Just> @"Cool Runnings" said:

> What’s the saying… “Imitation is the Sincerest Form of Flattery”

> Cheers!

>

> > @BlackM00Nlight said:

> > "I think this was a big step in the right direction, for sure,'' said Woods' caddie, Joe LaCava, of the week in general. "He got more rounds in the heat of the battle. Definitely reason to be optimistic. I think he got better each day.'' - Joe LaCava

> >

> > Interesting...

> >

> > “Perhaps it's not so bad Tiger Woods missed that 4-footer Saturday afternoon at the WGC-Dell Technologies Match Play.” - Bob Harig

> >

> > Interesting...

> >

> > “The Northern Irishman hit a drive 395 yards at the par-five 16th but a poor shot with a wedge left him with a precarious stance and he went through the green with his third to an unplayable lie, before finding a bunker and conceding the hole.“ - BBC

> >

> > Interesting...

> >

> > https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.westernjournal.com/wc/watch-rory-mcilroys-epic-choke-clears-way-tiger-woods-win/amp/

> >

> > Interesting...

>

>

Just more facts you choose to ignore. I really like the “Rory epic choke clears way for Tiger win” bit. Weird how when you say stuff, it’s fact and when anyone anywhere refutes you, it’s lies. How hard life must be for you with that mentality? I feel kinda bad. Sorry life sucks. If you need to talk, reach out.

Sincerely,

BML.

As I’ve already pointed this out very clearly (and you’re still not grasping it)…

• Watching Tiger’s drive head OB on hole 15 and be saved by the gallery is a ‘fact’ confirmed by visual proof.

• Quoting an opinion column is still a person’s “opinion”.

Please grasp the nuance between the two, I can’t be any clearer.

> @BlackM00Nlight said:

> Just> @"Cool Runnings" said:

> > What’s the saying… “Imitation is the Sincerest Form of Flattery”

> > Cheers!

> >

> > > @BlackM00Nlight said:

> > > "I think this was a big step in the right direction, for sure,'' said Woods' caddie, Joe LaCava, of the week in general. "He got more rounds in the heat of the battle. Definitely reason to be optimistic. I think he got better each day.'' - Joe LaCava

> > >

> > > Interesting...

> > >

> > > “Perhaps it's not so bad Tiger Woods missed that 4-footer Saturday afternoon at the WGC-Dell Technologies Match Play.” - Bob Harig

> > >

> > > Interesting...

> > >

> > > “The Northern Irishman hit a drive 395 yards at the par-five 16th but a poor shot with a wedge left him with a precarious stance and he went through the green with his third to an unplayable lie, before finding a bunker and conceding the hole.“ - BBC

> > >

> > > Interesting...

> > >

> > > https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.westernjournal.com/wc/watch-rory-mcilroys-epic-choke-clears-way-tiger-woods-win/amp/

> > >

> > > Interesting...

> >

> >

> Just more facts you choose to ignore. I really like the “Rory epic choke clears way for Tiger win” bit. Weird how when you say stuff, it’s fact and when anyone anywhere refutes you, it’s lies. How hard life must be for you with that mentality? I feel kinda bad. Sorry life sucks. If you need to talk, reach out.

>

> Sincerely,

>

> BML.

>

Already said it doesn’t matter what you say. So please stop, quit, give it up. You’re not convincing anyone here.

Unless you need help?? Then reach out in message and talk about what’s ailing you rather than clog up the thread.

Until then, Rory lost due to his mental error/mishit/choke/weak shot/inability to close on hole 16 ??‍♂️

BlackM00Nlight,

It’s clear you are unable to discuss facts & reason any longer in a civilised manner. May I suggest you stop reading and responding to my posts entirely as clearly they are getting to you and I don’t want the forum to witness this continued decay of civility we are seeing now. Please don’t read or respond to my posts anymore and I will do the same. Thanks CR.

> @BlackM00Nlight said:

> Already said it doesn’t matter what you say. So please stop, quit, give it up. You’re not convincing anyone here.

>

> Unless you need help?? Then reach out in message and talk about what’s ailing you rather than clog up the thread.

>

> Until then, Rory lost due to his mental error/mishit/choke/weak shot/inability to close on hole 16 ??‍♂️

> @bscinstnct said:

> > @"Cool Runnings" said:

> > “Tiger heading into Augusta leaves WGC Match Play feeling mentally I’m not quite as strong as I need to be.” - Jamie Diaz

> >

> > Interesting...

>

> Good he acknowledges this. Its true. When asked about what winning his first match yesterday means, he said,

> "It means I have to play in the afternoon"

> "Have to play"

> Clearly not as confident about his mental/physical strength as he would like.

> His baseline of mental discipline is still high but no way he can maintain what it was at its height and be at peak all season.

> The single minded purpose wanes along with the ability to train his body and practice with consistency.

> The best he can do is to build up to peak for majors and hope to have his best stuff as often as possible for 4 days.

>

>

I thought when he answered "it means I have to play in the afternoon", it was simply to downplay the media trying to hype up the Tiger vs. Rory matchup. He was essentially saying "it was just another match to me, I've fried bigger fish". He does this a lot in interviews. He intentionally downplays the drama sometimes and I think it was a case of that. Obviously he wanted to play in the afternoon and he was vocally dissappointed not to make the Final 4.

Overall I agree though that he doesn't have the stamina that he once did. He's older now.

• Like 1

Still struggling a bit with the new layout; is there an ignore button with this new version?

Callaway Rogue Max LS Driver, 9 degrees, Tensei Blue shaft

Mizuno ST180 5 wood

Ping G425 Max 7 wood
Srixon ZX4 4 iron
Srixon ZX5 irons 5-PW, Nippon N.S. Pro Modus 3 Tour 120 shafts

Cleveland RTX6 48* wedge

Cleveland Zipcore 54* wedge
Cleveland RTX 58* full face wedge
Nike Method Core Drone 2.0 putter 34"

> @straightshot7 said:

> > @bscinstnct said:

> > > @"Cool Runnings" said:

> > > “Tiger heading into Augusta leaves WGC Match Play feeling mentally I’m not quite as strong as I need to be.” - Jamie Diaz

> > >

> > > Interesting...

> >

> > Good he acknowledges this. Its true. When asked about what winning his first match yesterday means, he said,

> > "It means I have to play in the afternoon"

> > "Have to play"

> > Clearly not as confident about his mental/physical strength as he would like.

> > His baseline of mental discipline is still high but no way he can maintain what it was at its height and be at peak all season.

> > The single minded purpose wanes along with the ability to train his body and practice with consistency.

> > The best he can do is to build up to peak for majors and hope to have his best stuff as often as possible for 4 days.

> >

> >

>

> I thought when he answered "it means I have to play in the afternoon", it was simply to downplay the media trying to hype up the Tiger vs. Rory matchup. He was essentially saying "it was just another match to me, I've fried bigger fish". He does this a lot in interviews. He intentionally downplays the drama sometimes and I think it was a case of that. Obviously he wanted to play in the afternoon and he was vocally dissappointed not to make the Final 4.

>

> Overall I agree though that he doesn't have the stamina that he once did. He's older now.

That’s kinda how I took that too. Downplaying the situation. But he doesn’t have the stamina either like his younger years. He’s said as much himself at the end of last year’s push.

• Like 1

> @straightshot7 said:

> > @bscinstnct said:

> > > @"Cool Runnings" said:

> > > “Tiger heading into Augusta leaves WGC Match Play feeling mentally I’m not quite as strong as I need to be.” - Jamie Diaz

> > >

> > > Interesting...

> >

> > Good he acknowledges this. Its true. When asked about what winning his first match yesterday means, he said,

> > "It means I have to play in the afternoon"

> > "Have to play"

> > Clearly not as confident about his mental/physical strength as he would like.

> > His baseline of mental discipline is still high but no way he can maintain what it was at its height and be at peak all season.

> > The single minded purpose wanes along with the ability to train his body and practice with consistency.

> > The best he can do is to build up to peak for majors and hope to have his best stuff as often as possible for 4 days.

> >

> >

>

> I thought when he answered "it means I have to play in the afternoon", it was simply to downplay the media trying to hype up the Tiger vs. Rory matchup. He was essentially saying "it was just another match to me, I've fried bigger fish". He does this a lot in interviews. He intentionally downplays the drama sometimes and I think it was a case of that. Obviously he wanted to play in the afternoon and he was vocally dissappointed not to make the Final 4.

>

> Overall I agree though that he doesn't have the stamina that he once did. He's older now.

SS7! Whachu doin? Im half watching this and half staring at a cactus wondering when the last time was that I watered it ; )

You could very well be right. TW does brush off hype and I wouldnt expect him to say it was a big deal to beat Rory. But more that he would mention how he feels about his game.

But I thought I saw something in his inflection/body language, almost like,

(Sigh) "it means I have to play in the afternoon"

Oof, Kuch with a big splash.

• Like 1

> @bscinstnct said:

> > @straightshot7 said:

> > > @bscinstnct said:

> > > > @"Cool Runnings" said:

> > > > “Tiger heading into Augusta leaves WGC Match Play feeling mentally I’m not quite as strong as I need to be.” - Jamie Diaz

> > > >

> > > > Interesting...

> > >

> > > Good he acknowledges this. Its true. When asked about what winning his first match yesterday means, he said,

> > > "It means I have to play in the afternoon"

> > > "Have to play"

> > > Clearly not as confident about his mental/physical strength as he would like.

> > > His baseline of mental discipline is still high but no way he can maintain what it was at its height and be at peak all season.

> > > The single minded purpose wanes along with the ability to train his body and practice with consistency.

> > > The best he can do is to build up to peak for majors and hope to have his best stuff as often as possible for 4 days.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > I thought when he answered "it means I have to play in the afternoon", it was simply to downplay the media trying to hype up the Tiger vs. Rory matchup. He was essentially saying "it was just another match to me, I've fried bigger fish". He does this a lot in interviews. He intentionally downplays the drama sometimes and I think it was a case of that. Obviously he wanted to play in the afternoon and he was vocally dissappointed not to make the Final 4.

> >

> > Overall I agree though that he doesn't have the stamina that he once did. He's older now.

>

> SS7! Whachu doin? Im half watching this and half staring at a cactus wondering when the last time was that I watered it ; )

> You could very well be right. TW does brush off hype and I wouldnt expect him to say it was a big deal to beat Rory. But more that he would mention how he feels about his game.

> But I thought I saw something in his inflection/body language, almost like,

> "it means I have to play in the afternoon"

>

>

> Oof, Kuch with a big splash.

Lol. Hope you're well. You can always go up one channel to see Zion vs. Michigan St. I mean Duke vs. Michigan St

> @buckeyefl said:

> > @Pleasedwith3putts said:

> > > @buckeyefl said:

> > > If you are referring to Sergio then it appears you have rounded the corner and decided to join us in golf reality. The spirit of the game was surely present when he asked Matt to throw the next hole, end of story.

> > Well I clearly wasn't referring to Sergio in the same way that not everyone sits in your "win at all costs" reality. After Kuchar made his lame excuse for not having time to say "that's good" and after he had hunted a referee down which he knew would result in him winning the hole, he then said to Sergio he didn't want to win a hole that way. Garcia called him on that statement and Kuchar proved how in-sincere he was when showed a way to make good. You can try to spin this anyway you choose, but there are plenty of posters here that feel it was not in the spirit of the game.

> > Go and check out Jack Sock in the Hopman cup vs Lleyton Hewitt in 2016. That is how to play the spirit of the game in the same way that Petterson was correctly villified.

> >

>

> Wow, you really don't understand the rules at all do you. It's all been covered but you really should grab a copy if the Rules of Golf and brush up

>

> To say it was not in the spirit if the game simply isn't factual or based in reality. It's sad that you think lying is in the spirit of the game.

>

> Where did I say lying is in the spirit of the game?

And I equally know there is nothing in the rules either to stop Kuchar conceding the next hole to "make good" which is what Garcia suggested when Kuchar said he felt bad about his part in it. That's not lying, it's giving Kuchar the opportunity to show sportsmanship in the same way Sock did against Hewitt and there are countless other examples in sport which I and others applaud as good sportsmanship. Those are totally based in fact and reality for those that play by spirit and ethics.

I can only presume you also support Kuchar giving the caddie $5k for the win. That was the fee he agreed before the Mexican event so those were the "rules" on that play given you think that is all that matters rather than doing the right thing when you have a chance to do so.