2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

SuperSpeed Golf training system

Something I want to share. I have been with the Tour Striker ball and noticed a 5mph speed bump when my triceps's are on top of my pectoral muscles vs. off to the side trying to squeeze my arms together. Off to the side my speeds are 109-110mph and on top they are 115-116mph and the swing feels a lot more free to swing. Something you guys might want to try. I noticed a Video with Martin Chuck doing it in his preshot routine but he never mentions it.

I know this is an old post, but I am glad I went back and read the thread through. As others have said, this makes perfect sense in maintaining connection and keeping the "feel" even without the smart ball, coupled with speed training. I think the trick is to "re-connect" on the down swing. I may ask Martin about this.

"Non rinunciare mai quello
che desideri...."
Go with what you know!

Driver: Titleist 913D

Fairway: Tour Edge XCG 7

Hybrids: Bobby Jones(Jesse Ortiz) Blackbird 3,4,5,6

Irons: 3-PW Titleist 710 MB (Rifle Project X 6.0 Flighted)

Wedges: Tour Edge 52, 56 deg, Cleveland RTX 50 deg 

Putter: Odyssey Custom Metal X 7

Update/ motivation for those struggling with this program.

Last week i was down 5-10 mph on the sticks. One day i could not get the red sticks to hit over 119, when my personal best had been 130 on several occasions. I think my central nervous system was stressed from weightlifting plus this program.

This week after a few needed rest days i was able to hit personal bests with all sticks: green 148 blue 138 red 132. I was also to hit 151 with the green while doing the hop step swings. These are up 7 to 8 mph from my baseline about 6 weeks ago.

So if you regress for a week or two dont give up on it.

• Like 2

Ping G400 Max 9* Tensei Pro Orange 70TX
Ping G400 3 crossover Alta stiff
Callaway Apex 4-SW recoil 780 stiff
Cleveland cbx 60* recoil stiff
Biomech Acculock
Snell MTB Black

After just 1 session with SSG it seems a lot of my CNS has "remembered" I can swing fast. Few weeks ago I topped out on trackman with driver around 108 (so probbaly 110-111 real speed) and after my SSG training on Monday, I hit 120 on the SSR (which I finally bought BTW) with the same driver. Granted, no ball so accuracy didn't matter...I think the whole "neuroplasticity" effect is 100% real. I'd fully expect with doing something like 4 weeks on, 1 week off for 6 months, to be able to reach a max of 130 club, and probably game around 120-122 on course with monthly lessons to ensure form gets better and/or stays intact.

Still topping out at 131 with the green club

126 on the Blue club

121 with the Red club.  

Decided to see what it would be with my driver and just a tee mimicking hitting a ball.   got up to 118. 

Monday I will be heading to Club Champion for a driver/3 wood/fairway fitting.   going to be interesting to see my speeds on a Trackman.    Going to take sat/sun off of the protocols and just stretch and hit balls on the range so I am fresh and have no fatigue at all. 

provx said:

Last week i was down 5-10 mph on the sticks. One day i could not get the red sticks to hit over 119, when my personal best had been 130 on several occasions. I think my central nervous system was stressed from weightlifting plus this program.

This week after a few needed rest days i was able to hit personal bests with all sticks: green 148 blue 138 red 132. I was also to hit 151 with the green while doing the hop step swings. These are up 7 to 8 mph from my baseline about 6 weeks ago.

That is fricking awesome. How tall are you? You have any swing videos out there?

TSR3 9° Tensei Black 65X
TSi2 15° ATX Green 75TX
917F 18° ATX Green 85X
ZX5 MkII 4-5 / ZX7 MkII 6-P  Modus 120X
ZipCore 50° Modus 120X

Vokey SM9 54S/60M Modus 125 Wedge
Nike Neo

ZStar

provx said:

Man,That’s Awesome!!

I wasclose to trying to do this program 4-5 times a week, but the more I read itseems like rest days are very important with this type of speed training. 

Great job!  Keep up the great work and thanks for the motivation!

provx said:

I've had similar ups and downs with my speeds, and your post is dead on.  The trick to ANY workout program is to stay with it long-term and believe in the validity of what you are doing.

And I don't think it's important that I have a day where the speeds are way down.  In fact, it MAY be that those are the MOST important days; I'm building speed and stamina by pushing thru instead of being distracted and discouraged by a number on the radar screen.  In that regard, it's just like any other workout routine.   I try not to do cartwheels around the house when I see great numbers on a given day, and I try not to jump off the roof if the numbers are down.  It's a process...

Quick update -

Numbers from last nights workout - (had very short warm-up since I was lacking time)

Best numbers -

Green - 132 (FINALLY broke 131) New PR

Blue - 126

Red - 121

Going to Club Champion on Monday for a Driver/3 wood/Hybrid fitting, so I am taking the rest of the weekend off of the SSG workouts. But will be hitting the range Sat/Sun

> @provx said:

> Update/ motivation for those struggling with this program.

>

>

>

> Last week i was down 5-10 mph on the sticks. One day i could not get the red sticks to hit over 119, when my personal best had been 130 on several occasions. I think my central nervous system was stressed from weightlifting plus this program.

>

>

>

> This week after a few needed rest days i was able to hit personal bests with all sticks: green 148 blue 138 red 132. I was also to hit 151 with the green while doing the hop step swings. These are up 7 to 8 mph from my baseline about 6 weeks ago.

>

>

>

> So if you regress for a week or two dont give up on it.

What is your club speed? Are you just trying to swing the stick as fast as possible or are you using a real swing? I'm only seeing like a 6 mph difference between green and my real swing with my driver.

Titleist TSi3 8° - HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 60TX

Titleist TS3 15° - HZRDUS Black (Hand Crafted) 70TX

Titleist 818 H2 19° - Tensei Pro White 100TX

Ping i200 - SteelFiber i125x

Edison - SteelFiber i125s

LAB DF 2.1 Armlock - LAGP

Snell MTB-X

There are always days when you just won't "have it" speed wise. That will hold true on the course as well if you try to nuke one off the tee. Imo, your top speed will never be truly reliable, but your dialed down "standard" speed should be even if you don't feel the strongest on a particular day.

I lose speed just from a bad nights sleep, or its cold out when I play (muscles slow down in the cold, golf is such that you really don't get warm and stay warm other than your legs if you walk), or I am a little under the weather, or I over did it the day before etc. It doesn't take much to temporarily lower your speed but it does come back.

Swing hard in case you hit it!

> @Wesquire said:

> > @provx said:

> > Update/ motivation for those struggling with this program.

> >

> >

> >

> > Last week i was down 5-10 mph on the sticks. One day i could not get the red sticks to hit over 119, when my personal best had been 130 on several occasions. I think my central nervous system was stressed from weightlifting plus this program.

> >

> >

> >

> > This week after a few needed rest days i was able to hit personal bests with all sticks: green 148 blue 138 red 132. I was also to hit 151 with the green while doing the hop step swings. These are up 7 to 8 mph from my baseline about 6 weeks ago.

> >

> >

> >

> > So if you regress for a week or two dont give up on it.

>

> What is your club speed? Are you just trying to swing the stick as fast as possible or are you using a real swing? I'm only seeing like a 6 mph difference between green and my real swing with my driver.

You should see a huge difference between your driver speed and the green stick no matter what. If you are measuring your driver with SSR that isn't a valid comparison just as an fyi. Hop on a trackman, it will be close to what you swing the red stick I guarantee it.

> @Fairways_and_Greens said:

> provx said:

>

>

> Update/ motivation for those struggling with this program.

>

>

>

>

>

> Last week i was down 5-10 mph on the sticks. One day i could not get the red sticks to hit over 119, when my personal best had been 130 on several occasions. I think my central nervous system was stressed from weightlifting plus this program.

>

>

>

>

>

> This week after a few needed rest days i was able to hit personal bests with all sticks: green 148 blue 138 red 132. I was also to hit 151 with the green while doing the hop step swings. These are up 7 to 8 mph from my baseline about 6 weeks ago.

>

>

>

>

>

> So if you regress for a week or two dont give up on it.

>

>

>

>

> That is fricking awesome. How tall are you? You have any swing videos out there?

I am 5 foot 9. I dont have any recent swing videos, i will try to do one soon if anyone is curious

Biomech Acculock
Snell MTB Black

> @Wesquire said:

> > @provx said:

> > Update/ motivation for those struggling with this program.

> >

> >

> >

> > Last week i was down 5-10 mph on the sticks. One day i could not get the red sticks to hit over 119, when my personal best had been 130 on several occasions. I think my central nervous system was stressed from weightlifting plus this program.

> >

> >

> >

> > This week after a few needed rest days i was able to hit personal bests with all sticks: green 148 blue 138 red 132. I was also to hit 151 with the green while doing the hop step swings. These are up 7 to 8 mph from my baseline about 6 weeks ago.

> >

> >

> >

> > So if you regress for a week or two dont give up on it.

>

> What is your club speed? Are you just trying to swing the stick as fast as possible or are you using a real swing? I'm only seeing like a 6 mph difference between green and my real swing with my driver.

As i said above historically i have been 115ish my whole life, around 120 at the moment, wanting to be low 120s for the summer tournament season.

With the sticks i really just swing all out trying to train my central nervous system to allow higher speeds.

I think the trick over thr summer will be to take the sticks to the range and hit real drives between sets here and there

Biomech Acculock
Snell MTB Black

Just got back from Club Champion -

My numbers from my last SSG session

Fastest Speeds -

Light - 131

Medium- 126

Heavy - 121

Today my fastest swing on the trackman was 108mph with ball speeds of 160.

My goal is by the end of May to be 110-112 and ball speeds of mid 160s.

One thing I realized is how out of “golf” shape I am. Probably swung 100-125 driver swings today and man I’m wore out! That’s what I get for taking 2 months off of golf entirely and not stretching or working out during the winter.

> @clevited said:

> > @Wesquire said:

> > > @provx said:

> > > Update/ motivation for those struggling with this program.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > Last week i was down 5-10 mph on the sticks. One day i could not get the red sticks to hit over 119, when my personal best had been 130 on several occasions. I think my central nervous system was stressed from weightlifting plus this program.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > This week after a few needed rest days i was able to hit personal bests with all sticks: green 148 blue 138 red 132. I was also to hit 151 with the green while doing the hop step swings. These are up 7 to 8 mph from my baseline about 6 weeks ago.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > So if you regress for a week or two dont give up on it.

> >

> > What is your club speed? Are you just trying to swing the stick as fast as possible or are you using a real swing? I'm only seeing like a 6 mph difference between green and my real swing with my driver.

>

> You should see a huge difference between your driver speed and the green stick no matter what. If you are measuring your driver with SSR that isn't a valid comparison just as an fyi. Hop on a trackman, it will be close to what you swing the red stick I guarantee it.

It is very close to my red stick speed, but again, I only have about a 6 mph spread across all of them. My average with green is 132 and my average with red is 126. My driver is 125/126 on SSR. On GCQuad I was measured at low to mid 120s, which translates to high teens and maybe 120 on trackman.

Snell MTB-X

> @Wesquire said:

> > @clevited said:

> > > @Wesquire said:

> > > > @provx said:

> > > > Update/ motivation for those struggling with this program.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Last week i was down 5-10 mph on the sticks. One day i could not get the red sticks to hit over 119, when my personal best had been 130 on several occasions. I think my central nervous system was stressed from weightlifting plus this program.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > This week after a few needed rest days i was able to hit personal bests with all sticks: green 148 blue 138 red 132. I was also to hit 151 with the green while doing the hop step swings. These are up 7 to 8 mph from my baseline about 6 weeks ago.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > So if you regress for a week or two dont give up on it.

> > >

> > > What is your club speed? Are you just trying to swing the stick as fast as possible or are you using a real swing? I'm only seeing like a 6 mph difference between green and my real swing with my driver.

> >

> > You should see a huge difference between your driver speed and the green stick no matter what. If you are measuring your driver with SSR that isn't a valid comparison just as an fyi. Hop on a trackman, it will be close to what you swing the red stick I guarantee it.

>

> It is very close to my red stick speed, but again, I only have about a 6 mph spread across all of them. My average with green is 132 and my average with red is 126. My driver is 125/126 on SSR. On GCQuad I was measured at low to mid 120s, which translates to high teens and maybe 120 on trackman.

Their are always outliers but if you can consistently swing that red stick in the mid to high 120s, you should be able to swing that with a standard driver on Trackman. It could be one of those mental blocks when there is a ball to hit. Your mind automatically slows you down.

> @clevited said:

> > @Wesquire said:

> > > @clevited said:

> > > > @Wesquire said:

> > > > > @provx said:

> > > > > Update/ motivation for those struggling with this program.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Last week i was down 5-10 mph on the sticks. One day i could not get the red sticks to hit over 119, when my personal best had been 130 on several occasions. I think my central nervous system was stressed from weightlifting plus this program.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > This week after a few needed rest days i was able to hit personal bests with all sticks: green 148 blue 138 red 132. I was also to hit 151 with the green while doing the hop step swings. These are up 7 to 8 mph from my baseline about 6 weeks ago.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > So if you regress for a week or two dont give up on it.

> > > >

> > > > What is your club speed? Are you just trying to swing the stick as fast as possible or are you using a real swing? I'm only seeing like a 6 mph difference between green and my real swing with my driver.

> > >

> > > You should see a huge difference between your driver speed and the green stick no matter what. If you are measuring your driver with SSR that isn't a valid comparison just as an fyi. Hop on a trackman, it will be close to what you swing the red stick I guarantee it.

> >

> > It is very close to my red stick speed, but again, I only have about a 6 mph spread across all of them. My average with green is 132 and my average with red is 126. My driver is 125/126 on SSR. On GCQuad I was measured at low to mid 120s, which translates to high teens and maybe 120 on trackman.

>

> Their are always outliers but if you can consistently swing that red stick in the mid to high 120s, you should be able to swing that with a standard driver on Trackman. It could be one of those mental blocks when there is a ball to hit. Your mind automatically slows you down.

My SSR is likely reading a bit high. The speed difference in the green and red is the interesting thing for me. One of my issues is keeping my left arm pinned to my chest. I would imagine that this negates a lot of the ability to swing a lighter club faster.

Snell MTB-X

I just bought this system, looking forward to putting in the time and see if it works.

TM Stealth 2+ 10.5deg Hzrdus Smoke 4G Black 60 6.0

Titleist TSi2 16.5deg Hzrdus Smoke Black 70 6.0

TM Stealth 2+ 3 Hybrid Project X Black 80 stiff

TM P770 5-AW DG 105 S300

TM MG4 54/58 DG 105 S300

SC Newport Select 34" (rotate them)

TM TP5X

> @Z1ggy16 said:

> Wow, this year I had a goal to hit 140 on the green stick for all of 2019 and hit it already, week 2 of coming back to SSG after a 6 week intro last year. Next goal is 145 and I'm thinking of readjusting my green stick 2019 goal to 150.

>

> ![](https://i.imgur.com/ha9y9Vql.jpg "")

>

>

>

Nice!

What did you start out at with the green?

> @mission_scratch said:

> > @Z1ggy16 said:

> > Wow, this year I had a goal to hit 140 on the green stick for all of 2019 and hit it already, week 2 of coming back to SSG after a 6 week intro last year. Next goal is 145 and I'm thinking of readjusting my green stick 2019 goal to 150.

> >

> > ![](https://i.imgur.com/ha9y9Vql.jpg "")

> >

> >

> >

>

> Nice!

>

> What did you start out at with the green?

Not sure about last year because I was a cheap-o and didn't buy the SSR, but I guesstimate I started about where I did this year (when I did have SSR), so.. according to my spread sheet, 116. Lol.

But by session two I think my brain/muscles/CNS were like ahhh ok this again... Nicee... and I jumped up to 129. This is average speeds, too. I collect all my data on each swing both dominate and non-dominate, make a spread sheet, then graph the averages.

xub53edsu3ay.png

• Like 1

After seeing basically everyone on tour using these I am interested if anyone has any data from a tour pro's SSG session? I was looking thru google/youtube and all I saw was a claim that Scott Stallings hits 145 with the green. Recently saw DJ and Koepka added it into their workout routine. Anyone have any insider info? Interested to see what the tour pros can do with these things.

It is a great workout, 3 days a week is enough, I just did my 6th workout and had some good numbers for 6 irons

m6 9 degree , tensai pro orange 70s , and epic flash sub zero rogue 60x
m4 3 wd, 15 degree rogue 125 msi 60 tour x  and epic flash sub zero hzrdus 70x,
818 h2 hybrid 19 degree ,tour spec blue 85s
taylor p790 17 degree
taylormade p760 3-pw
vokey 50--56--60
taylormade spider tour dj version and cleveland huntington beach number 1
epic green staff bag or taylormade flex lite 

I have not seen any gains over 6 weeks doing the introduction protocol and I think I know why. I think I've been overdoing it. I've been doing 3 sets of each. 3 swings green stick right handed, 3 swings green stick left handed , same with blue then red. Then I do the same thing again. Then again. Then I start on the step swings and do the same. From what I've read on this your only supposed to go through it once then switch to the step swings. By the time I get done the way I'm doing it I feel like I've ran a marathon. Someone please confirm my stupidity.