2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Mizuno ST 190 Driver

flushem

Got fit for the ST190 w/ Atmos TS Black 6x in sub 40 degree weather and a headwind. It just got delivered last Thursday. Bad weather all weekend, but we're looking at 70s and sunny this weekend. Excited to get it in play in decent conditions.

• Like 2

Titleist TSi3 / Ventus Red

Titleist TSi2 16.5* / Oban Kiyoshi Purple

Srixon ZX 21* / Tensei Pro White

Titleist T100 5-P / Modus 120

Mizuno T20 50/7, 55/13, 60/6 / DG TI S400

Toulon Portland

Srixon Z Star Diamond / Vice Pro Plus

My ST190 with Tensei White X came in! Only had chance to go to range but had very good results. Tight dispersion with the X flex, never played X before, but it did not seem boardy. Based on my fitting I did with Flight Scope and also my first range session I can say that my ball flight seems much flatter. I'm enjoying the feel of the club and seems to be producing good ball speeds all over the face. I will report back after a using it on the course.

Taylormade M6, 9.0* head set -1.5*, Nippon Regio B+ shaft, 65 stiff at 45.5"
Cobra FLY Z+ 3 wood, orange, aldila tour blue stiff, 14.5*
Sub 70 939x, 3H(18*), Proforce V2 85 stiff
Sub 70 939x, 4H(21*), Proforce V2 85 stiff
Sub 70 699 Pros, 5-AW, Modus 120 stiff
PING glide 2.0, 54*

Taylormade MG3, 58* HB 
Scotty Select Newport, 73* lie, 1* loft, 34" (Testing Taylormade Bandon 1)
Bridgestone Tour BX (Alternate ball VICE PRO)

> @JimGantz said:

> Got fit for the ST190 w/ Atmos TS Black 6x in sub 40 degree weather and a headwind. It just got delivered last Thursday. Bad weather all weekend, but we're looking at 70s and sunny this weekend. Excited to get it in play in decent conditions.

Great combo

PXG Black Ops Tour 1 Fujikura Motore X F3

PXG Black Ops 3 wood hzrdus black

PXG Black Ops 17* hybrid hzrdus black

TaylorMade P770 4-9 KBS Tour

TaylorMade  MG 46/52/58wedges

TaylorMade Spider mallet 72 putter

how much more distance? I play a 910 D3 and have tried to replace it many times but nothing out there is worth the $$$. picking up 3-5 yards and spending $500 doesn't compute......if its 20 yards, then I'm thinking the cash might be worth the upgrade.> @aquapig said:

> This has become my favorite club in my bag.

>

> After years of using 910 D2, I wasn’t sure i would find anything that matches the feel, sound and performance. This driver has all of those things I loved about my 910, but with more distance.

>

>

> @tsecor said:

> how much more distance? I play a 910 D3 and have tried to replace it many times but nothing out there is worth the $$$. picking up 3-5 yards and spending $500 doesn't compute......if its 20 yards, then I'm thinking the cash might be worth the upgrade.> @aquapig said:

> > This has become my favorite club in my bag.

> >

> > After years of using 910 D2, I wasn’t sure i would find anything that matches the feel, sound and performance. This driver has all of those things I loved about my 910, but with more distance.

> >

> >

>

>

Since COR & whatever the other term for it is (I always forget it) has been maxed out since well before 2010, the only road to more distance, or rather "higher average controllable distance" is maximizing your launch conditions via the shaft & clubface attributes (maximizing forgiveness AND speed OFF of the sweet spot of the FACE of the club).

And those have been improved, IMO, a fair bit since 2010.

My beloved Fusion is on the bench right now because of similar control and ~10 more yards on average. Only played 3 rounds with my new Epic Flash Sub Zero so the extra 10 yards is a little up in the air right now as wind (direction & intensity) and ground conditions are sometimes difficult to assess) so things can change but right now the EFSZ is in the bag.

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Titleist 716 AP-1  5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, DGS300

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 34*, RED, BGT Stability

Titleist Pro V1X

you have me curious now. I'm going to the PGA store to see what this is all about. it looks really nice> @nsxguy said:

> > @tsecor said:

> > how much more distance? I play a 910 D3 and have tried to replace it many times but nothing out there is worth the $$$. picking up 3-5 yards and spending $500 doesn't compute......if its 20 yards, then I'm thinking the cash might be worth the upgrade.> @aquapig said:

> > > This has become my favorite club in my bag.

> > >

> > > After years of using 910 D2, I wasn’t sure i would find anything that matches the feel, sound and performance. This driver has all of those things I loved about my 910, but with more distance.

> > >

> > >

> >

> >

>

> Since COR & whatever the other term for it is (I always forget it) has been maxed out since well before 2010, the only road to more distance, or rather "higher average controllable distance" is maximizing your launch conditions via the shaft & clubface attributes (maximizing forgiveness AND speed OFF of the sweet spot of the FACE of the club).

>

> And those have been improved, IMO, a fair bit since 2010.

>

> My beloved Fusion is on the bench right now because of similar control and ~10 more yards on average. Only played 3 rounds with my new Epic Flas Sub Zero so the extra 10 yards is a little up in the air right now as wind (direction & intensity) and ground conditions are sometimes difficult to assess) so things can change but right now the EFSZ is in the bag.

I played my first round with the ST190. I love the sound and feel, but I keep hitting it on the heel. I have a Atmos TS Blue 6S tipped 1/2" and is 1/2" short of stock length. I thought that would help, but still can't find center of face consistently. What could be the cause of that? Poor swing path? Crappy swing in general? Or could it be the shaft?

> @tsecor said:

> you have me curious now. I'm going to the PGA store to see what this is all about. it looks really nice> @nsxguy said:

> > > @tsecor said:

> > > how much more distance? I play a 910 D3 and have tried to replace it many times but nothing out there is worth the $$$. picking up 3-5 yards and spending $500 doesn't compute......if its 20 yards, then I'm thinking the cash might be worth the upgrade.> @aquapig said:

> > > > This has become my favorite club in my bag.

> > > >

> > > > After years of using 910 D2, I wasn’t sure i would find anything that matches the feel, sound and performance. This driver has all of those things I loved about my 910, but with more distance.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Since COR & whatever the other term for it is (I always forget it) has been maxed out since well before 2010, the only road to more distance, or rather "higher average controllable distance" is maximizing your launch conditions via the shaft & clubface attributes (maximizing forgiveness AND speed OFF of the sweet spot of the FACE of the club).

> >

> > And those have been improved, IMO, a fair bit since 2010.

> >

> > My beloved Fusion is on the bench right now because of similar control and ~10 more yards on average. Only played 3 rounds with my new Epic Flas Sub Zero so the extra 10 yards is a little up in the air right now as wind (direction & intensity) and ground conditions are sometimes difficult to assess) so things can change but right now the EFSZ is in the bag.

>

>

ALL of the new drivers, IMO, are as long as any other. The choice is about "What fits ME best ?"

I've written about this is other threads but not all shaft/head combinations are alike. e.g. My Hzrdus Black works fantastically werll with my Fusion (by accident). The H Black did NOt work at all with the EFSZ. When I tried the H Yellow with the EFSZ it worked fabulously well. Of course I had to try it with my Fusion and that combo did NOT work at all.

It's a very time consuming and often frustrating effort to get it right - and I'm still not quite sure as I had excellent results with a few other shafts (Tour AD BB-6, Rogue 100 MSI I/O, and even the Diamana D+).

Also wrote about a ridiculously poor hit that went a ridiculous distance (if you're interested),,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, [https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/comment/18835549#Comment_18835549](https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/comment/18835549#Comment_18835549 "https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/comment/18835549#Comment_18835549")

Titleist Pro V1X

Going to try my trusty Proforce V2 in the head this week.... looking for a little more feel and launch compared to the Atmos TS... Looking forward to more experiences with these drivers... they are super impressive and has been the only thing to bench the G400 so far.

Ping G430 10k 9*  Ventus Velocore blue 6x

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Ping G430 19* Tour Chrome 2.0 85s

PXG 0211  4i KBS C Taper Lite 115x ss1x

Srixon zx7 mkii 5-7, Z forged ii 8-P KBS C Taper Lite 

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8b  KBS Tour
Scotty Cameron NP2 Studio Stainless  34"

OK thanks cadman88 for the posting pics on this updated site tutorial! Here you go guys sorry for the imagur links earlier...

91zocsmwo4v9.jpg

dk3qbv5atk8d.jpg

1bhy9ncn8oea.jpg

z4rn93gpcr2c.jpg

4omfruzv64lf.jpg

l4f0hc59bixp.jpg

PXG GEN6 0311 10.5*DRIVER/FUJI RED VELOCORE 6S/GP TW WHT

PXG GEN5 0311XF 17*FAIRWAY/FUJI MOTORE X F3 7S/GP TW WHT

PXG GEN3 0311XP 3 IRON/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG GEN3 0311P 4-PW/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG GEN4 0311P GW/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG SD II WEDGES/56/13&62/10/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/GP TW BLK

MACHINE M2A 1018RAW CS PUTTER/ACCRA I-STEEL/SS FLAT 1.0

> @ProjectX_Mizuno said:

> To those who have hit the ST190 did you find it to be more fade or draw bias?

I was fit to 8 degrees and 1 degree toe up and it is neither fade nor draw bias imo. I started out today hitting fades...then hit a few high draws....then my swing got going and I was hitting everything dead straight and long. My last hole today I hit it 315 and with wet conditions there was little to no rollout. In contrast, on the first hole I faded one around 265-270. Conclusion....its all in your swing. Get fit and learn the nuances of your driver/shaft combo. I really like this driver and am super excited to get to know its characteristics better this summer. On a side note, I played a beach course over spring break and some sand got in my head cover and scratched the crown. So dang mad.....does anyone know how to fix scratches on a carbon crown?

• Like 3

> @reider69 said:

> > @ProjectX_Mizuno said:

> > To those who have hit the ST190 did you find it to be more fade or draw bias?

>

> I was fit to 8 degrees and 1 degree toe up and it is neither fade nor draw bias imo. I started out today hitting fades...then hit a few high draws....then my swing got going and I was hitting everything dead straight and long. My last hole today I hit it 315 and with wet conditions there was little to no rollout. In contrast, on the first hole I faded one around 265-270. Conclusion....its all in your swing. Get fit and learn the nuances of your driver/shaft combo. I really like this driver and am super excited to get to know its characteristics better this summer. On a side note, I played a beach course over spring break and some sand got in my head cover and scratched the crown. So dang mad.....does anyone know how to fix scratches on a carbon crown?

I couldn't agree more with this post. Well stated.

For the scratch depending on how deep it is:

1) First, use a microfiber wax sponge with some swirl remover (automotive, I like Zymol and Maguire's), let that sit then remove after a few minutes with a clean microfiber tool

2) Second, use another wax sponge with some auto polish, let sit and remove after a few minutes with a clean microfiber towel

3) Last, use a finishing wax (Maguire's Gold Class or Nano Wax), let sit for a few minutes and then remove with a clean microfiber towel

Try that first. If its deeper than the clear coat ind into the carbon (which I cant believe with sand), then PM me and I can help with a super high number wet sand).

PXG GEN6 0311 10.5*DRIVER/FUJI RED VELOCORE 6S/GP TW WHT

PXG GEN5 0311XF 17*FAIRWAY/FUJI MOTORE X F3 7S/GP TW WHT

PXG GEN3 0311XP 3 IRON/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG GEN3 0311P 4-PW/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG GEN4 0311P GW/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG SD II WEDGES/56/13&62/10/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/GP TW BLK

MACHINE M2A 1018RAW CS PUTTER/ACCRA I-STEEL/SS FLAT 1.0

> @evoviiiyou said:

> > @reider69 said:

> > > @ProjectX_Mizuno said:

> > > To those who have hit the ST190 did you find it to be more fade or draw bias?

> >

> > I was fit to 8 degrees and 1 degree toe up and it is neither fade nor draw bias imo. I started out today hitting fades...then hit a few high draws....then my swing got going and I was hitting everything dead straight and long. My last hole today I hit it 315 and with wet conditions there was little to no rollout. In contrast, on the first hole I faded one around 265-270. Conclusion....its all in your swing. Get fit and learn the nuances of your driver/shaft combo. I really like this driver and am super excited to get to know its characteristics better this summer. On a side note, I played a beach course over spring break and some sand got in my head cover and scratched the crown. So dang mad.....does anyone know how to fix scratches on a carbon crown?

>

> I couldn't agree more with this post. Well stated.

>

> For the scratch depending on how deep it is:

>

> 1) First, use a microfiber wax sponge with some swirl remover (automotive, I like Zymol and Maguire's), let that sit then remove after a few minutes with a clean microfiber tool

> 2) Second, use another wax sponge with some auto polish, let sit and remove after a few minutes with a clean microfiber towel

> 3) Last, use a finishing wax (Maguire's Gold Class or Nano Wax), let sit for a few minutes and then remove with a clean microfiber towel

>

> Try that first. If its deeper than the clear coat ind into the carbon (which I cant believe with sand), then PM me and I can help with a super high number wet sand).

>

>

Would P21s polishing soap work? It is a German metal polisher that makes my irons look brand new after I use it. Very fine grain polisher.

If anybody's interested in a used one of these (NOT mine, just in a store I know) shoot me a message.

It's $349. Atmos Black (?) 6S Tour Spec. The shaft is white with 3 different shades of grey bubbles on the shaft just under the grip. I believe, but am not sure, that is an Atmos BLACK shaft.

The face is fine with some ballmarks. The crown has 2 small scratches that aren't really noticeable at address unless you go trying to find them.

LMK

Titleist Pro V1X

I've had my ST190 for a bit now, but I was just able to hit it recently as I'm rehabbing from a broken arm.

Can't judge it from a performance standpoint as I'm far from being 100%, but the acoustics are perfect. The sound definitely matches the look. Extremely pleasing.

• Like 3

Titleist TSi3 10*
Titleist TSi3 16.5*

Titleist 818H1 21*

Titleist T150/100 (5-PW)
Vokey SM9 54*, 60*
Piretti Cottonwood II

> @evoviiiyou said:

> OK thanks cadman88 for the posting pics on this updated site tutorial! Here you go guys sorry for the imagur links earlier...

>

> 91zocsmwo4v9.jpg

> dk3qbv5atk8d.jpg

> 1bhy9ncn8oea.jpg

> z4rn93gpcr2c.jpg

> 4omfruzv64lf.jpg

> l4f0hc59bixp.jpg

>

That speeder tr is really good. I have the 569 in x and it works well for me.

• Like 1

All Clubs subject to change relative to my last bad round of golf......

Question about the ST190 hosel and the upright adjusting. Can you adjust -1 loft and +1 upright? Or can you only change the upright setting with the stock loft?

Taylormade M6, 9.0* head set -1.5*, Nippon Regio B+ shaft, 65 stiff at 45.5"
Cobra FLY Z+ 3 wood, orange, aldila tour blue stiff, 14.5*
Sub 70 939x, 3H(18*), Proforce V2 85 stiff
Sub 70 939x, 4H(21*), Proforce V2 85 stiff
Sub 70 699 Pros, 5-AW, Modus 120 stiff
PING glide 2.0, 54*

Taylormade MG3, 58* HB 
Scotty Select Newport, 73* lie, 1* loft, 34" (Testing Taylormade Bandon 1)
Bridgestone Tour BX (Alternate ball VICE PRO)

great post. I read you other post and found it to be REAL as it can get. I think we are in the same boat as far as distances go....sometime it seems I can hit it 275 by the course markings, but when I get on a track man it says different. thanks> @nsxguy said:

> > @tsecor said:

> > you have me curious now. I'm going to the PGA store to see what this is all about. it looks really nice> @nsxguy said:

> > > > @tsecor said:

> > > > how much more distance? I play a 910 D3 and have tried to replace it many times but nothing out there is worth the $$$. picking up 3-5 yards and spending $500 doesn't compute......if its 20 yards, then I'm thinking the cash might be worth the upgrade.> @aquapig said:

> > > > > This has become my favorite club in my bag.

> > > > >

> > > > > After years of using 910 D2, I wasn’t sure i would find anything that matches the feel, sound and performance. This driver has all of those things I loved about my 910, but with more distance.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Since COR & whatever the other term for it is (I always forget it) has been maxed out since well before 2010, the only road to more distance, or rather "higher average controllable distance" is maximizing your launch conditions via the shaft & clubface attributes (maximizing forgiveness AND speed OFF of the sweet spot of the FACE of the club).

> > >

> > > And those have been improved, IMO, a fair bit since 2010.

> > >

> > > My beloved Fusion is on the bench right now because of similar control and ~10 more yards on average. Only played 3 rounds with my new Epic Flas Sub Zero so the extra 10 yards is a little up in the air right now as wind (direction & intensity) and ground conditions are sometimes difficult to assess) so things can change but right now the EFSZ is in the bag.

> >

> >

>

> ALL of the new drivers, IMO, are as long as any other. The choice is about "What fits ME best ?"

>

> I've written about this is other threads but not all shaft/head combinations are alike. e.g. My Hzrdus Black works fantastically werll with my Fusion (by accident). The H Black did NOt work at all with the EFSZ. When I tried the H Yellow with the EFSZ it worked fabulously well. Of course I had to try it with my Fusion and that combo did NOT work at all.

>

> It's a very time consuming and often frustrating effort to get it right - and I'm still not quite sure as I had excellent results with a few other shafts (Tour AD BB-6, Rogue 100 MSI I/O, and even the Diamana D+).

>

> Also wrote about a ridiculously poor hit that went a ridiculous distance (if you're interested),,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, [https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/comment/18835549#Comment_18835549](https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/comment/18835549#Comment_18835549 "https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/comment/18835549#Comment_18835549")

> @bbfifas said:

> Question about the ST190 hosel and the upright adjusting. Can you adjust -1 loft and +1 upright? Or can you only change the upright setting with the stock loft?

I was sent this adjustment chart from Mizuno costumer service. I was also told the adapters are the same as before just labeled differently. They also said that every loft adjustment will affect lie angle and face angle. ikzprd4aya32.jpg

• Like 2

Tried the G today with my current gamer shaft Devotion 7. I was hoping it was going to be great as I heard stories about it and I had previously hit it at a driving range with a tensei white. Unfortunately the ball speeds weren’t there and spin was just okay. It couldn’t keep up with my M3 tour with the devotion shaft. It is also a very heavy head at an E swing weight.

> @gsrjc said:

> Tried the G today with my current gamer shaft Devotion 7. I was hoping it was going to be great as I heard stories about it and I had previously hit it at a driving range with a tensei white. Unfortunately the ball speeds weren’t there and spin was just okay. It couldn’t keep up with my M3 tour with the devotion shaft. It is also a very heavy head at an E swing weight.

I'm guessing that the devotion shaft just pairs better with the m3 than the st190g for you. I am never a big fan of using the same shaft in different heads for comparison.

• Like 1

> @blackngold_blood said:

> > @gsrjc said:

> > Tried the G today with my current gamer shaft Devotion 7. I was hoping it was going to be great as I heard stories about it and I had previously hit it at a driving range with a tensei white. Unfortunately the ball speeds weren’t there and spin was just okay. It couldn’t keep up with my M3 tour with the devotion shaft. It is also a very heavy head at an E swing weight.

>

> I'm guessing that the devotion shaft just pairs better with the m3 than the st190g for you. I am never a big fan of using the same shaft in different heads for comparison.

I tried other shafts at club champion also and just couldn’t get the ball speed to work out. The head feels good I’ll give it that and I really wanted it to work but just didn’t happen. Forgiveness was good and sound was nice.

Not going to work for everyone, but good that you do have something that does. FWIW, I weighed the 190G and my G400 heads, the 190G was around 198g and the Ping at 201G. I was surprised as I felt the 190 felt heavier in my hands, I was sure it would be the heavier of the two...

Paired it with a Proforce V2 today and the feel is much improved for me over the Atmos. I will see how it actually performs on the course tomorrow.

Ping G430 10k 9*  Ventus Velocore blue 6x

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Ping G430 19* Tour Chrome 2.0 85s

PXG 0211  4i KBS C Taper Lite 115x ss1x

Srixon zx7 mkii 5-7, Z forged ii 8-P KBS C Taper Lite 

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8b  KBS Tour
Scotty Cameron NP2 Studio Stainless  34"