2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Bridgestone E12 golf balls

Golfer_1993

I posted this in the Gamer Soft (GS) thread first. For those comparing this ball to the e6 I concur with golfer_1993 on his conclusions. For me I noticed no durability issue though. After more than 4 years with the GS this ball is getting the nod to replace it now that I am under 6 new GS left.

After what I believe is 14 different ball models my GS replacement is the e12 soft. I played it over the weekend after short game trials last week and of all the balls I tried it is most like the GS for me. It feels a nudge softer on all shots and launches a hair lower than the GS but I like it enough to get a dozen and see how I can score with it. Next week I play in a 50 and older event and will have to shoot -2 or better to finish in the money. The bad news is it is $30/doz. The good news is they have them at my pro shop and I can use mens club credit for them. Today's audition was the e12 vs the cut grey vs the q star tour. I hit drives side by side down wind and into the wind for the cut and e12. Down wind the difference was 40 yards. That drive was the best of the day for me with any ball and it was the e12- 282 yrds. The primary difference was roll. It lands and releases very similar to the GS. Into the wind on the next hole was 20 yards. 241 total. A quick check on google maps found it to go 270 on the really good drives and 245 on the headwind drives. Both numbers very close to my GS. Iron distances are almost identical. One thing that may be an advantage for me on firm greens is I found a soft cut pretty easy to hit with this ball. My usual shot is a low draw. I cannot seem to draw it as easy as the GS so aiming will take a little time on rt to left shots. The q star tour spins more on all shots than the e12. It also putts differently than the e12 and GS- a little more muted energy transfer. So for now the e12 is the starter and I will try to find a magic putter for it.

@Tanner25

For me the green side spin is a little better than the GS but not as much as urethane cover balls. I hit one particular low spinner yesterday from 40 yards as a trial and it released 20 feet past the hole. So the low spin check shot you see the Pros use on tv is not available with this ball or the GS. It does allow for the consistent bump and run option and I find it is pretty easy to loft the ball higher when required like the GS.

• Like 1

Update on the e12. First round that meant something with this ball. I played in my 50 and older league which is played from the white tees 6200, yd, slope 119, rtg 68.5. I hit 15 GIR including a par 5 in 2, had 28 putts for a 66. 7 birdies and one 3 putt bogey. The ball played very similar to my Gamer soft with a little softer feel on impact but very similar putting wise. On full wedge shots the ball will stay within 5 feet of its pitch mark. Again very close to my GS. I didn't have to adjust clubs on any of my yardages- same as the GS. The ball is very consistent for me around the green especially putting. So if you go back the last 10 years I have either played a bridgestone ball (e5, 330rx, or e12 soft) or a close relative in the GS ( dimple in dimple cover, similar compression to the rx). Next weekend I will play this ball on my home course (6700 yards and a 125 slope, 71.5 rtg) and hope to break 70. So far so good.

• 3 weeks later...

I got like 20 of these balls during a tournament and have been testing them. Very nice balls, but I wish they were $24 and not $29, but Amazon usually has good deals.

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + CQ6 / MVRKTC 15° + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / SPDR EXTC + GPS

> @BogeySwine said:

> Check the USGA approved ball list. Looks like the e6 balls will be 2 piece for 2019.

I like Bridgestone, but what a shrewd money grab. I totally get they are in the business of making money, but some uninformed consumers will think they are getting the same 3 piece ball but they'll probably never know it.

Thanks to the info on golfwrx I won't buy the e6 anymore since I can get 2 piece balls much cheaper.

Let me tell you what Wooderson is packin'
Sim Max 12° Speeder NX 6s
Sim2 Max 15°
Ping G410 21° 
Ping G425 22°/25°
Ping G430 6-PW AWT Stiff
Ping Glide 3.0 GW/SW

Ping Eye 2 XG LW

• 2 weeks later...

Well I played the e12 soft in a tourney with firm greens and shot my highest scores of the year 72,76 and finished out of the money. When I used the GS in these conditions the higher trajectory helped but the e12 flies a nudge lower. The urethane guys struggled stopping shots too. Based on the data from My Golf Spy I will likely switch to the q star tour for these conditions as it has a higher launch. I only play in a few events with rock greens like this so long term I will probably switch between the e12 soft and Q star tour. Some of it too is just repetitions with a new ball. Yesterday I didn't have to repair one ball mark. Gauging the bounce and spin was a lot of guess work and I guessed wrong too much.

> @munichop said:

> Well I played the e12 soft in a tourney with firm greens and shot my highest scores of the year 72,76 and finished out of the money. When I used the GS in these conditions the higher trajectory helped but the e12 flies a nudge lower. The urethane guys struggled stopping shots too. Based on the data from **** I will likely switch to the q star tour for these conditions as it has a higher launch. I only play in a few events with rock greens like this so long term I will probably switch between the e12 soft and Q star tour. Some of it too is just repetitions with a new ball. Yesterday I didn't have to repair one ball mark. Gauging the bounce and spin was a lot of guess work and I guessed wrong too much.

I fear there may never be a real replacement for the gamersoft. I too have settled for the QST. But, it's a bit firmer and more expensive. Atleast, it comes in yellow.

• 2 months later...

I mistakenly bought a dozen of the new e6 when I intended to buy the previous e6 soft. The e12 soft was not as consistent at elevation for me (5000 ft) I auditioned the e6 anyway last weekend after playing the previous round with the QST. The new e6 felt really good on all shots and seemed to launch similarly to the QST. I found I could hit a little cut shot with it but it was a little more difficult to draw it. Could have just been me that day. Anyway I played the easier of the 2 courses and surprisingly was six under after 12. I finished with 2 bogies for a 68 but overall was pleased (rtg 68.7, 6423 yds). I will try it again next round on the harder course (rtg 72.1 ,6844). It has good manners around the green- chips similar to the e12 soft and QST on receptive greens ( I haven't used it on firm greens yet). Distance tee to green was similar to the QST at elevation. It feels very consistent off the irons- similar to the Gamer Soft but a nudge more muted which I was fine with. I hit a few kick-ins with my irons. If it performs like this at lower elevations for me I may boot the e12 soft out and rotate between the e6 and QST. If I can score the same with it vs the e12 soft I see no reason to keep the e12 soft in the bag.

> @munichop said:

> I mistakenly bought a dozen of the new e6 when I intended to buy the previous e6 soft. The e12 soft was not as consistent at elevation for me (5000 ft) I auditioned the e6 anyway last weekend after playing the previous round with the QST. The new e6 felt really good on all shots and seemed to launch similarly to the QST. I found I could hit a little cut shot with it but it was a little more difficult to draw it. Could have just been me that day. Anyway I played the easier of the 2 courses and surprisingly was six under after 12. I finished with 2 bogies for a 68 but overall was pleased (rtg 68.7, 6423 yds). I will try it again next round on the harder course (rtg 72.1 ,6844). It has good manners around the green- chips similar to the e12 soft and QST on receptive greens ( I haven't used it on firm greens yet). Distance tee to green was similar to the QST at elevation. It feels very consistent off the irons- similar to the Gamer Soft but a nudge more muted which I was fine with. I hit a few kick-ins with my irons. If it performs like this at lower elevations for me I may boot the e12 soft out and rotate between the e6 and QST. If I can score the same with it vs the e12 soft I see no reason to keep the e12 soft in the bag.

Sounds reasonable for a 2 piece. How do you rank the new E6 for feel/softness vs a gamersoft. I wonder why they priced it the same as the QST. It defies WRX ball forum logic, lol. A 2 piece at the same price as a 3 piece with urethane.

@Tanner25

I would say the the e6 feels a little softer than the GS on full irons, a little less clicky on chips, more lively on putts- so I used an insert putter last round. I still don't know about how it will handle firmer conditions. The graduated core provides a more substantial reaction on drives for me- very similar to the GS. The srixon soft feel is similar on full iron shots but doesn't seem to handle chipping and driving as well. I think this will be the new tech going forward on 2 piece balls- graduated cores and then a surlyn cover with some thicker than others and varying dimples etc for flight behavior. The e6 is 21.99/doz. the QST is 29.99/doz and the e12 soft is 29.99/doz. for std pricing in my area.

I have not tried the new Qstar 2 piece. The previous model felt firmer than the QST so I stayed with the QST. I am using either mx 23 or mx25 irons right now. They have different shafts. I like the ones in the mx23 set more right now- They are 95 gram steel trimmed between R/S. I seem to get a little more height and dsitance from them vs the regular made for titleist shafts that I pulled from an 804 set and put in the mx25s.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...